Home
It’s about to get crazier and more miserable than you can imagine. Forty percent of TSA workers remain unvaccinated and the mandate for them kicks in in about a month on November 22. All hell is fixing to break loose at the air ports.

https://www.kcbd.com/2021/10/14/tsa-says-40-employees-unvaccinated-against-covid-19/
Democrats fug up everything they touch.

Everything.
Everything
Oh I can't wait this [bleep] show gets better every day. My son caught the only southwest flight out of Philadelphia on Monday. The rest all cancelled. TSA does the same thing and air travel should be real interesting. Wait till the truckers decide to take a week off. No food on the shelves and no oil for the furnace. I see slo joe is asking the oil companies to lower costs. I really hope they tell him to piss off.
LOL i been avoiding air travel since 2009!
It's time for the TSA and the Dept. of Homeland Security to be shut down.
Originally Posted by Riverc

This^^^^^
If God wanted me to fly he'd have given me wings.
If God had wanted you to run around naked, unable to walk or talk, and with uncontrolled bowels, you'd have been born that way.
Originally Posted by Raeford

This^^^^^

Yeah, same here.

Also haven’t been to a movie and got rid of my tv too!
Originally Posted by ironbender

This^^^^^

Yeah, same here.

Well we still have a TeeVee or 3

The last theater movie I saw was Mission Impossible[Tom Cruise].
Been at least 10 years since I've flown and hope to never again.
It doesn’t affect any of the idiots that caused this mess.
Originally Posted by deflave

Most of the politicians probably fly commercial. Except a few of the chosen. Like Pelslosi. Hasbeen
Originally Posted by JoeBob
It’s about to get crazier and more miserable than you can imagine. Forty percent of TSA workers remain unvaccinated and the mandate for them kicks in in about a month on November 22. All hell is fixing to break loose at the air ports.

https://www.kcbd.com/2021/10/14/tsa-says-40-employees-unvaccinated-against-covid-19/

The deadline is actually November 8th.
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945

Most of the politicians probably fly commercial. Except a few of the chosen. Like Pelslosi. Hasbeen

The politicians didn’t cause this.

Scared morons caused this.
Originally Posted by Blackheart
If God wanted me to fly he'd have given me wings.

That certainly explains your level of success.

LOL
I haven't been in an airport since 2008 when I got back from S.A. the last time and will never set foot in one again.
40% of TSA are black.

Might be a connection there and don’t expect Al Sharpton to speak out on the issue.

LOL
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Democrats Bolsheviks fug up everything they touch.

Everything.

Fixed it. Really one and the same, these days.

This^^^^^

Yeah, same here.

Well we still have a TeeVee or 3

The last theater movie I saw was Mission Impossible[Tom Cruise].
Been at least 10 years since I've flown and hope to never again.

Tough to drive thru Canada plus the time factor. Flying is the best way from AK to America.
I'll have to roll the dice. Flying out 20 Oct to SD for pheasant, returning 25 Oct
jorge GOD speed
I never understood people who brag about not flying anywhere? Is that a badge of honor or what..?
Originally Posted by Certifiable
I never understood people who brag about not flying anywhere? Is that a badge of honor or what..?

That was the point of my tv and movie snark. 😁
Setting aside the morally superior among us who never fly, this [bleep] is gonna be nuts. I look forward to the immovable object of liberal vaccine mandates running headlong into the brick wall of racial politics when it comes to 40% of the TSA workforce getting fired. The chaos is going to be magnificent.

No 'badge of honor' here.
I just don't like paying to be treated like livestock and will do my best to never have to go through it again.
Just not having to deal with TSA employees is worth much to me.
Chit suppose to fly to mass in dec to hunt ducks with Leighton and the beaver.

Tough to drive thru Canada plus the time factor. Flying is the best way from AK to America.

Choices, we all have to make choices, no?

Yes!

If you don't understand it, you have no concept of honor.

(Anything else you need help with?)

Tom

Indeed.
Originally Posted by EdM

Indeed.

You don't fly Charter only?
Not to mention the Airline staff.

One of my best buddies is a Southwest pilot.
SW employees that don't plan on getting the shot are burning the vacation and sick time they have on the books before their December 8th deadline, when supposedly they will be separated if not vaccinated.
He's within 6 months of his mandatory retirement age so he plans to just retire effective Dec. 8th. There are many others who will resign rather than get the vaccine.
Originally Posted by T_O_M

Yes!

If you don't understand it, you have no concept of honor.

(Anything else you need help with?)

Tom

No, but given your Model 70 comments you're going to have to "splain" it to us unenlightened is such lofty virtues...
Air travel during the pandemic has been better than ever. No crowded planes or terminals. If the vaccine mandates starts shutdown big parts of the economy, the administration will have to eat crow and change direction.
The sooner the system collapses the more strength there will be left for a POSSIBLE rebuild...

A slow 3 year bleed out and America is toast (like 3rd world toast).

Your pension, SS et al vaporizes.

I have people tell me "Only 3 more years until I can retire... 7 more years... 18 more years etc."

DO YOU REALLY REALLY think your pension or SS will still be solvent? Seriously?

This good ship O'Biden is going down faster than the Indianapolis.
When you've never been more than 100 miles from where you were born, you don't have to fly...
Originally Posted by atomchaser
Air travel during the pandemic has been better than ever. No crowded planes or terminals. If the vaccine mandates starts shutdown big parts of the economy, the administration will have to eat crow and change direction.

When was the last time you flew?

2 weeks ago. The Detroit Airport was a ghost town. Many shops and restaurants closed. I'm due to take a trip in a couple weeks but will watching this TSA thing closely.
We're traveling in November and I don't give 2 [bleep] what TSA does, the less monkeys working the airport terminals the better for us.

2 weeks ago. The Detroit Airport was a ghost town. Many shops and restaurants closed. I'm due to take a trip in a couple weeks but will watching this TSA thing closely.

North Terminal or Midfield (Delta)?
DTW

I wish I could claim the same experience.
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
We're traveling in November and I don't give 2 [bleep] what TSA does, the less monkeys working the airport terminals the better for us.

If it takes an hour to get through security, you might feel differently. If you don't have TSA Precheck or Global Entry, you might think about it.
DTW
Once again, which terminal/airline?

Good to know. My son is flying out of Detroit tomorrow.
I'm flying nov 1st, curious to see how it goes

If it takes an hour to get through security, you might feel differently. If you don't have TSA Precheck or Global Entry, you might think about it.

Global Entry has nothing to do with airport security. Precheck and Clear does.
Originally Posted by bluffview

Good to know. My son is flying out of Detroit tomorrow.

I’d like to hear how empty his plane is.
We used to see airliners routinely.

Maybe a dozen a day or more?

It's rare to even see one a day now.

Guess they don't need the business.
Ya ever have an Apache gunship hover over head for about 2-3 minutes

Get paranoid, Start flushin weed and kittens down the crapper
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
We used to see airliners routinely.

Maybe a dozen a day or more?

It's rare to even see one a day now.

Guess they don't need the business.

The flights to places like Montana are even more limited than before.

Which I would think was impossible.
Originally Posted by slumlord

I’ve done that but no Apache involved.
Originally Posted by SandBilly

Same here except there were only kittens.

Uhh, no Cert. Not in my book.

I've got just under 350K air miles I'm dying to use and would love to go back to Europe. Would start a plan tomorrow if the situation was not so fugged. But, I'm not about to be a sheep at the airports or for the airlines right now. They can kiss my ass.
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Chit suppose to fly to mass in dec to hunt ducks with Leighton and the beaver.

I hope you and Leighton like blow jobs.

LOL
Originally Posted by jorgeI
I'll have to roll the dice. Flying out 20 Oct to SD for pheasant, returning 25 Oct

South Dakota?

Or San Diego?

Those purple haired gender benders don't identify as pheasant, jorge.

Lol.

Everything.

Without exception.

Hey man
You ever been out in a swampy wildlife mgt area at 2:30 in the morn planting pot plants and have about 4 birds from 160th spec ops fly night vision over at tree tops level....then circle back after about 3 nautical miles out???

You can’t outrun FLIR

😂

I miss the 3 gallon flush

Planes been packed since April when the government cut off the pandemic money. Before that Delta was keeping the center seat and one in first class open. Last time I flew in a empty plane was in March of 2020 when this shut down started.

I miss the 3 gallon flush

I miss those kittens.
I never fly unless private airplanes.
Originally Posted by Huntz

No, thank you. I flew with my brother in a Cessna 150 when his hours were measured in the teens and right before he retired as a Captain with Delta, when he had 22,000+. It was much more relaxing the second time around... grin
Originally Posted by Huntz

#ballah
Took my wife to the airport this morning at 11:00 for a 2 pm flight on Delta. She boarded and then un-boarded due to a broken cabin heater. Now showing 2+ hour delay, with takeoff maybe at 4:10.
I flew Dallas to Miami and back in '71. Drunk on a plane.
Originally Posted by UPhiker
DTW
Once again, which terminal/airline?

Delta. I don't commit terminal names and letters to memory. I have a limited cranial capacity I have to be careful with keeping room for important info. It was one of the big ones that had a bar at the end of it. The bar was the only place that had coffee within reasonable walking distance. Are you secretly my wife posting under a sock puppet?
Originally Posted by gonehuntin

^^^^THIS^^^^

Global Entry includes Precheck.

Everything.

That’s not by accident !
Originally Posted by keith_dunlap

Everything.

That’s not by accident !

Yep and Yep.
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Took my wife to the airport this morning at 11:00 for a 2 pm flight on Delta. She boarded and then un-boarded due to a broken cabin heater. Now showing 2+ hour delay, with takeoff maybe at 4:10.

The miracle of flight…
Originally Posted by Torqued
Originally Posted by gonehuntin

^^^^THIS^^^^
You do know that DHS includes Border Patrol, Customs, ICE, Coast Guard and Secret Service, don't you? There really isn't a law enforcement agency called "DHS", just component agencies.
When you've never been more than 100 miles from where you were born, you don't have to fly...

Not True wife and i were on the road traveling around for over 5 years with our 5th wheel working RV Parks. That may be true for some people. We are no longer on the road staying put for a while.

Everything.

Yep
I flew around the planet for a living for a lot of years, I traded it in for a full time desk job in my home office. I don’t miss dealing with airlines, tsa, or the herds of cattle in the airports at all. It’s pretty much like being treated like stock.
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
I flew around the planet for a living for a lot of years, I traded it in for a full time desk job in my home office. I don’t miss dealing with airlines, tsa, or the herds of cattle in the airports at all. It’s pretty much like being treated like stock.

It's even worse if you have to travel overseas..............some place not so bad, some places genuine 3rd world treatment.

As for all the vax mandate bullschitt, I hope it grinds the whole country to a screeching halt & then maybe................BIG maybe, the half the country that is currently brain dead, might get a clue & join the other half in thinking some changes need to get made, real quick like.

But i won't hold my breath; but I will predict that the cheese is gonna get real binding for a lot of people & their way of life...............................very soon.

MM

Everything.

I just wonder why more people can't see this?

That’s incorrect. Global entry includes TSA precheck. Just upgraded last month.
I usually fly to Texas once a year to visit family around the holidays. I was thinking soon a fella would need a vax pass to fly. Now this mandate thing, wtf.

Looks like I’ll be driving. With gas as high priced as it is and driving a Tundra it will suck.
The 3 multi-flight trips I've been on in the last 6 weeks have been near capacity or at capacity. Airports seem average busy. I haven't flown for 10 days now.

I'm about to gas up the truck and go on a multi-state hunting trip. So won't need an airplane again till after Thanksgiving.

Global Entry gets you Pre-check as part of the Global Entry package.
Originally Posted by Pugs

Global Entry gets you Pre-check as part of the Global Entry package.

Thank you for the correction. I've had Clear for several years now and didn't know that, even though I have GE.
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

As for all the vax mandate bullschitt, I hope it grinds the whole country to a screeching halt & then maybe................BIG maybe, the half the country that is currently brain dead, might get a clue & join the other half in thinking some changes need to get made, real quick like.

But i won't hold my breath; but I will predict that the cheese is gonna get real binding for a lot of people & their way of life...............................very soon.

MM

I know you know this but I am convinced that the other half recognizes the need for changes… they’re just not the changes you and I think should be made, but by 180 degrees diametrically opposed…

Redskin Warren says “get mamas back to work!” by having Big Brother pay other mamas to care for those mamas kids so they can rejoin the rat race buyin stuff they don’t need with money they don’t have to impress people they don’t like…

We’re moving faster and faster to 1984 in our Brave New World….
I don’t miss dealing with airlines, tsa, or the herds of cattle in the airports at all. It’s pretty much like being treated like stock.

My Doc is going away from Fee for Service... watched his Zoom presentation last night on his new "Concierge Service"

.Gov (healthcare for all) as well as the fees that he is allowed to be paid... had made him shorten office visits down to about 4-5 minutes... just so he could pay his staff and keep the office open.

His new "Concierge Service" will be an annual $1,500 ($2,500 for a couple). A hard $$$ pill to swallow, but I think we are going to move on it. The way politicians have fugged up health care... well the cattle and livestock quote above kinda convinced me.

Sorry for the digression... back to air travel now... and how politicians have deliberately fugged that up as well.
Originally Posted by CashisKing
I don’t miss dealing with airlines, tsa, or the herds of cattle in the airports at all. It’s pretty much like being treated like stock.

My Doc is going away from Fee for Service... watched his Zoom presentation last night on his new "Concierge Service"

.Gov (healthcare for all) as well as the fees that he is allowed to be paid... had made him shorten office visits down to about 4-5 minutes... just so he could pay his staff and keep the office open.

His new "Concierge Service" will be an annual $1,500 ($2,500 for a couple). A hard $$$ pill to swallow, but I think we are going to move on it. The way politicians have fugged up health care... well the cattle and livestock quote above kinda convinced me.

Sorry for the digression... back to air travel now... and how politicians have deliberately fugged that up as well.

What does "Concierge Service" mean... 30 minute office visits (mininum), Executive physicals, CT scans/screenings (et al)... immediate same day appointments... 24/7/365 phone access... "Quarterbacking" any serious hospital visits... yada yada.
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

It's even worse if you have to travel overseas..............some place not so bad, some places genuine 3rd world treatment.

MM

Liberal spoonfed Soccer Moms and preppie half males will never get it. They'll starve first.

What does "Concierge Service" mean... 30 minute office visits (mininum), Executive physicals, CT scans/screenings (et al)... immediate same day appointments... 24/7/365 phone access... "Quarterbacking" any serious hospital visits... yada yada.

Are you still going to this fugking idiot?
Originally Posted by jorgeI

You’ll need to bring your own ammo or have a “for sure” source locked up BEFORE you fly to SD.
Just passed through TSA and boarded the plane. No lines through security, one of the advantages of smaller airports
80% of TSA employees are black from my observations. blacks don't trust the white mans juju.
Tanzania in late November or bust. Probably get apoplexy at TSA, kidnapped, C19, killed/die, and get eaten by cannibals. That's just if I survive all the shots.

Should be "fun".

My wife's idea, so blame her. smile
It’s not that big a deal, I go when I want to and deal with it.
Went to Alaska summer 2020 with the fam. Biggest PItA was getting Covid tests for the kids. Both airports and the plane were about empty and easy.

Feb 2021 went through Charlotte. Fugking mad house. Never seen a busier airport. SeaTac was packed as well.

May 2021 went to Vallarta. Not horrible.

This TG headed to Colorado. Fully expect a chitshow.
Iam glad I don’t have all these problems flying. I connect through Atlanta or Detroit once maybe twice a month.
took a buddy to DIA on the 3rd to fly to Anchorage on United. He had no issues going. Picked him up today on his return and again, had no issues. Thankfully he missed the [bleep] show Delta has going on.

By the way, he killed a 10'8" giant.
Originally Posted by TRnCO
took a buddy to DIA on the 3rd to fly to Anchorage on United. He had no issues going. Picked him up today on his return and again, had no issues. Thankfully he missed the [bleep] show Delta has going on.

What [bleep] show does delta have going on??
Originally Posted by Pat85
Originally Posted by TRnCO

What [bleep] show does delta have going on??
I think he means Southwest. I haven't heard about Delta having any problems and I live near DTW.
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Yes...

The medical field is becoming a real train wreck... I believe the extra attention will be beneficial. AND the cost is a Tax write off... so kinda works out some.

Example: My wife set an appointment with her "Regular" doctor... it was a 2.5 month wait. Under this plan... 2 PM same day.

If you are satisfied... I am glad for you. I am not satisfied with the current Pay For Service arrangement here.
maybe it was S.W., one of the company's had a bunch of cancelled flights last week that created one hell of a mess at DIA due to staff shortages and weather, so they said.
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Yes...

The medical field is becoming a real train wreck... I believe the extra attention will be beneficial. AND the cost is a Tax write off... so kinda works out some.

Example: My wife set an appointment with her "Regular" doctor... it was a 2.5 month wait. Under this plan... 2 PM same day.

If you are satisfied... I am glad for you. I am not satisfied with the current Pay For Service arrangement here.

Asked today... "How many in this program?" The cut off number is 200. So basically, 50 weeks in a year and 4 patients per week = 200. Factor in multiple visits per year (assume 4)... that is 800 patient visits. Typical years is 2,080 hours of work... kinda works out to a lot of patient time as needed.

I expect to see "Concierge Services" become VERY TYPICAL.

I am an architect... you can hire me for your house... or you can buy plans on-line for $200... Choice is yours. many people do not give a fugg if the bathroom is in the kitchen... some do.
I wouldn’t fly tomorrow. Tucker hinted at a SW sickout tomorrow.

You serious, Clark?

There are other, better airlines than SWA.

Name them please.

You serious, Clark?

Yep.

Name them please.
Delta, for one. Assigned seats, free upgrades, nonstop flights. Besides, I live near Detroit. They are the most convenient, by far. I have 230K FF miles on them. My wife is Diamond and has 1.7M FF miles.
God I hate delta. Delta and Hartsfield.
Originally Posted by MadMooner

Everybody hates ATL but DTW is always voted one of the best US airports.
I almost never fly anything but SWA. I can zip into Love Field, drop off my wife and kid with the luggage, park, walk back to the counter and check in with them, and be through security in a half hour to forty five minutes.

Name them please.

Though with limited spread Alaska Air has been stellar.

I friggin hate Delta, and ATL.
Originally Posted by EdM

Name them please.

They weren't so stellar when they nose dived that Cabo flight.

The only issue I have with ATL is summertime when storms disrupt the afternoon flights. I only make connections through there so I have no clue what it’s like to go through security or try to get to that airport .

Name them please.
Delta, for one. Assigned seats, free upgrades, nonstop flights. Besides, I live near Detroit. They are the most convenient, by far. I have 230K FF miles on them. My wife is Diamond and has 1.7M FF miles.

LOL

Delta fugking SUCKS.
Originally Posted by EdM

Name them please.

Alaska is good.

Name them please.

LOL

Delta fugking SUCKS.

Yeah, it sucks, but it sucks less than American, United, Southwest, Frontier, Spirit or anyone else with close to a full network.
I don't have a problem with Delta, they are pretty good at being on time. In the last 8 years I only had one flight delay that caused me to miss my connection due to mechanical issues. The few others were due to circumstances out of their control.

Alaska is good.

You're just saying that because they handed out prayer cards with your meals for 30 years.
Originally Posted by JeffA

Alaska is good.

You're just saying that because they handed out prayer cards with your meals for 30 years.

Correct.
Just got back from NE Oregon deer hunt with my brother last night, Anchorage to Portland no issues fast through TSA, saw one guy in cuffs in Anchorage airport for not wearing a mask. And a drunk lady aisle seat opposite me get escorted off the plane return flight plane was about 1/3 full. Hate the mask rule but not stupid enough to get banned from future flights only way to get outside when border is closed. The masked stewardess was surprised when she smelled coconut oil and I commented that if she could smell mask was not working!

I know. I hate driving. Idiots on the road drive me nuts.

I read that you chance of dying in a car crash are 1 in 5000. That's better odds than winning !0 dollars in the lottery.

Look up odds of dying in an commercial flight.
Originally Posted by Pat85

The only issue I have with ATL is summertime when storms disrupt the afternoon flights. I only make connections through there so I have no clue what it’s like to go through security or try to get to that airport .

Atl Hartsfield’s issue is the whole place is staffed with water buffaloes and wannabe rap stars. None give a flying fugk. That and it’s been a constant construction project for the better part of 4 decades.
I'm from Carolina and even we call Atlanta the butthole of America.

However, I flew out of Portland, Maine a couple years ago, and those people were hateful! Just cold, dead and unhelpful.

I was like WTF? Do the winters up here make them all mental cases?
© 24hourcampfire