Home
Posted By: 7mmbuster 10 Unusual Civil War Weapons - 10/17/21
I’ve heard of most of these, but not all. Seems like some folks really put their minds to work when it comes to killing off your fellow man!
7mm
10 Unusual Civil War Weapons
That was a fun read!

Thanks!
Hmmm, interesting.
Our little local gun shop just sold a near mint Porter revolving rifle for $14,500.
Cochran made a turret rifle too. Josiah Gregg apparently a gun nut, sold off his Patterson rifle as well as the revolvers in Santa Fe, as when he headed back to St. Louis he had the Cochran. I believe it was the .36 cL. Model that shot a sugarloaf style bullet. He managed to kill ( finally!) a buffalo with it.

I suggest all read his monumental work on the Santa Fe trail!
One more to add to the list are "weather weapons".
Cannons were filled with various powders/ compounds that were shot over the foggy morning fields to condense it into rain and improve disability. The other effect could be achieved with smoke bumbs to obscure visibility for tactical advantages.

Weather modification weapons have become commonplace, but often relegated to the category of "conspiracy theories" by the ignorant and willfully uninformed.
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Cannons were filled with various powders/ compounds that were shot over the foggy morning fields to condense it into rain and improve disability. The other effect could be achieved with smoke bumbs to obscure visibility for tactical advantages.

Weather modification weapons have become commonplace, but often relegated to the category of "conspiracy theories" by the ignorant and willfully uninformed.

HC always needs to throw in the put downs.
He feels under appreciated here.

Interesting article 7mm; thanks for posting.
Originally Posted by NVhntr

HC always needs to throw in the put downs.
He feels under appreciated here.

Interesting article 7mm; thanks for posting.

Nope.
I'm a very happy camper.
I just anticipated your prompt trolling as is your current obsession!

You are VERY predictable.

Which disabilities were improved? Did the condensed rain improve rheumatism? Gout? grin
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

Which disabilities were improved? Did the condensed rain improve rheumatism? Gout? grin

Lol. 😄
I'm getting really tired of the latest version of "word correct."
It keeps changing what I want to say to what it thinks is right.

I need to "disable" IT.
I recall naval cannons shooting chains to cut masts on ships. Single tube though.
I'd like to see pictures of the guys faces who expected a musket and got handed a pike.
Saw an interesting youtube video with Ian McCullom (sp) (Forgotten Weapons) today with a centerfire rifle form the period.
It was even manufactured in Nashville for a short time.
© 24hourcampfire