Home
Posted By: wabigoon How'd the day go? - 10/19/21
A stunningly beautiful in NW Iowa today. I wish I'd of gotten more done. blush
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: How'd the day go? - 10/19/21
Great weekend blacktail and bear hunt with good friends.
Posted By: High_Noon Re: How'd the day go? - 10/19/21
FineFine. Howed-ei-goen?
Posted By: Strider1 Re: How'd the day go? - 10/19/21
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]
Posted By: Wannabebwana Re: How'd the day go? - 10/19/21
I’m in Northestern Ontario. Weather is beautiful, but cool.

Got to my hotel, which I’d booked 3 weeks ago, got my room key, went to my room and found it occupied. At least the bed was unmade and their clothes still there. Front desk clerk went and checked and no one was in there but they hadn’t checked out.

And, they didn’t have another room to give me, so had to go to another hotel. Work is paying for it, but I complained anyway. Hopefully I’ll get a couple nights comped and can take Slavyanka for a mini-vacay.
Posted By: arky65 Re: How'd the day go? - 10/19/21
Great day here in the Ouachita's, wonderful fall weather. Made the neighbors happy, shot a nice 2 year old nine point, gave the neighbor family of 11, the deer. They were smiling from ear to ear. They butchered it gave me my pick of cuts. Took a shoulder gave, it to another neighbor, that can't hunt anymore due to health issue, he was all smiles also.

I'll give the deer a break for a day or so, do some fishing, smallmouth ought to biting.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: How'd the day go? - 10/19/21
Life is good.
Posted By: ironbender Re: How'd the day go? - 10/19/21
Originally Posted by arky65
Great day here in the Ouachita's, wonderful fall weather. Made the neighbors happy, shot a nice 2 year old nine point, gave the neighbor family of 11, the deer. They were smiling from ear to ear. They butchered it gave me my pick of cuts. Took a shoulder gave, it to another neighbor, that can't hunt anymore due to health issue, he was all smiles also.

I'll give the deer a break for a day or so, do some fishing, smallmouth ought to biting.

Very generous.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: How'd the day go? - 10/19/21
If I may, I'll slip in a bit of Gospel music?
Posted By: wilkeshunter Re: How'd the day go? - 10/19/21
We had ourselves a fine Carolina Blue sky with a high of about 70. Pretty hard to beat , IMHO.
Posted By: Hogwild7 Re: How'd the day go? - 10/19/21
Good day. I killed my second deer a doe. Got to see two young bobcats come out of the woods and cross the area I was hunting. They were very young and small. The squirrels in the woods they went into were not happy. It was short sleeve weather.
Posted By: Redneck Re: How'd the day go? - 10/19/21
Yesterday was indeed fabulous.. Put about 200+ miles on the bike over some of the most beautiful roads available - from Mondovi south on "H" to Hwy 121, then east to "Q" south to Independence... Q follows the ridges of some real hill country and the views of the valleys are spectacular... Hit Hwy 93 south to Hwy 95 W near Arcadia, on to Fountain City then home...

Sparse traffic on a Monday.. smile
Posted By: Raeford Re: How'd the day go? - 10/19/21
Twas a good day yesterday, first batch of venison jerky has been bagged, batch two in the dehydrator now.
Posted By: hanco Re: How'd the day go? - 10/19/21
I was off yesterday, fiddled farted around, counting days until December 31. Every day will be a Saturday from then on.
Posted By: papat Re: How'd the day go? - 10/19/21
Having some wonderful days in central Ok right now. Want to deer hunt but not quite ready yet after hip replace. Got a muzzleloader I'm building. Thinking of fishing a bit. No persimmons this year. Might get the mower off the tractor today and get it ready to put away for the winter. Be a good day to shoot some rimfires just for fun.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: How'd the day go? - 10/20/21
Just as nice today!
Posted By: MarkWV Re: How'd the day go? - 10/20/21
Busy at work, busy at home. Tomorrow will be better.
Posted By: goalie Re: How'd the day go? - 10/20/21
Scope swapp'n for deer season went well. 😁

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

First two shots were not far off.
Posted By: LJBass Re: How'd the day go? - 10/20/21
Beautiful day, worked Cows for 8 hours in a corral with mud almost half way up my muck boots. Going to sleep good tonight and sore as hell tomorrow.
Posted By: P_Weed Re: How'd the day go? - 10/20/21
I'm from North Korea - I can't complain!
Posted By: EdM Re: How'd the day go? - 10/20/21
Nice day for sure. Hit the local liquor warehouse for goods for my sons wedding here at the casa next Saturday. The Mexican cafe down the road was also given the catering order. H2O blasting the back yard tomorrow...
Posted By: wabigoon Re: How'd the day go? - 10/20/21
© 24hourcampfire