Home
Posted By: tikkanut Kent Rollins...Cowboy cooking - 10/19/21

ever hear of this guy ?

funny as hell......but oh yes he can cook.....

He likes 'hands on with his meat'........

Quite the cowboy cook........

I'm subscribed. Watch a good bit, haven't tried anyyhing he does though
I've watched a number of his videos. Several years ago he made one on cooking a fresh cherry cobbler in a Dutch Oven. My wife and I both loved cherry cobbler and I had a bunch of Dutch ovens so made it to his recipe. it was fantastic.

FWIW.

L.W.
Dale Rollins' brother...
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
I've watched a number of his videos. Several years ago he made one on cooking a fresh cherry cobbler in a Dutch Oven. My wife and I both loved cherry cobbler and I had a bunch of Dutch ovens so made it to his recipe. it was fantastic.

FWIW.

L.W.

comparing notes.........my cobbler in Dutch Oven

2 cans fruit of your choice

one yellow/white cake mix over top of fruit

one 12-16 oz soda pop....over the top....I like Fresca...do not stir....any will do

Bake 45-60 minutes with your choice of heat

Yours ??
I have a cookbook of his.
The jocular stuff is overdone at times, but he's relevant IMO.

I've learned a trick or 2 from him & have tried a few of his recipes.
About a thousand posts and threads about the guy in the cooking subforum.
Originally Posted by gunzo
The jocular stuff is overdone at times, but he's relevant IMO.

I've learned a trick or 2 from him & have tried a few of his recipes.

Agreed.

More cooking...less dancing.
He is a good entertainer...good cook???
Nice video.
he annoyed the -uck out of me the few times i watched.
Originally Posted by rem141r

THIS. Plus he's pretty much an idiot on most cooking topics. I watched about 4 or 5 videos until I figured out he's just a freaking idiot.
He married well... His wife is an absolute dream.
I have made a few of his recipes and they turned out good. I find him pretty amusing compared to a lot of the stuff on YouTube. Red River Ranch seasoning is pretty good also.
Ii like him ok. Saw him get knocked out in the first round of chopped.
Try his cowboy coffee. It's excellent.
I enjoy him. He irritates me less than a lot of the guys here. But I can IGNORE them and if needed, I can not watch the Cowboy Cook. Be Well, RZ.
He beat Bobby Flay in a throw down cooking chicken fried steak.
Originally Posted by Rustyzipper
I enjoy him. He irritates me less than a lot of the guys here. But I can IGNORE them and if needed, I can not watch the Cowboy Cook. Be Well, RZ.

Lol. Puss
Posted By: MMM Re: Kent Rollins...Cowboy cooking - 10/20/21
His cowboy coffee is really good. I regularly cook his chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, and corn dog recipes and they are all excellent.
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Dale Rollins' brother...

Is this the Dale Rollins who is the quail researcher?
Posted By: SPK Re: Kent Rollins...Cowboy cooking - 10/20/21
Originally Posted by strikeu
Originally Posted by rem141r

THIS. Plus he's pretty much an idiot on most cooking topics. I watched about 4 or 5 videos until I figured out he's just a freaking idiot.

Really? "A freaking idiot?" Obviously I don't post often, but who's the idiot here? How so? Lord, strikeu.....
I like Ken Rollins, great cook, but this Belarusan chef that doesn't talk is even better.
I’ve cooked his smoked Turkey many times. It’s the best ever!
He’s either good, helluva of a salesman or both. That doesn’t make him bad. Someone’s buying it. Good or bad there’s something to learn from a successful person. The key in life is to keep the costs of education to a minimum. If you’re human, sometimes you just [bleep] up anyway. MAGA
He has a Beagle. That makes him a solid guy.
I like to watch his videos. He'd be a great fellow to share a deer camp with.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I have a cookbook of his.

So have I. There are not too many books about cowboy cooking and ranch life in Germany I started to buy lots of books about cowboy cooking at amazon. My all time favorite dish: corn bread.
Originally Posted by Morewood
I like Ken Rollins, great cook, but this Belarusan chef that doesn't talk is even better.

Oh yes. I didn't see this before. And there are some more videos of this guy which would cause heart attacks with our vegan friends.
Seems like the kind of guy I’d like to slap the schit out of.
Originally Posted by Uncle_Alvah
He has a Beagle. That makes him a solid guy.

And smart.
I made prime rib using his recipe. It really turned out! The down side, it splattered the oven.
made a few of his recipes, they were good.
Justin Wilson...much mo' better. He's cooking for Roy now.
He's excellent.. But IMHO his only downfall is that he overcooks pork chops.. Truly minor, that... smile
He lives roughly 30 miles from me. Has a coffee shop down here on the square. Nice guy, and his cooking is good.
Originally Posted by 1911a1
I like to watch his videos. He'd be a great fellow to share a deer camp with.

He could be wishbone at my deer camp anytime. I'm just afraid we'd all be so full we'd have a hard time getting into the field.
I have been watching his videos for years. Some good ideas and stuff.
Tag
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]
© 24hourcampfire