Home
Posted By: SCGunNut Prayers for a Good Guy Please - 10/20/21
We have a regular customer at the gun shop/range that I work at who is literally in the store every day. If we don't see him, we wonder where he is. He's early to mid-60s and is a retired LEO. He doesn't have any family to speak of and I guess we are as close to family as he has, though he does have a lady friend. He LOVES "Cowboy guns" and mostly shoots single actions. On an average day, he spends 3-4 hours just socializing with us and other regular customers. Yesterday afternoon, our Range Master came on the head-set and said "I need help on the range, STAT!" Fearing a gun accident, I ran back in time to see him trying to get our friend into a chair in the lobby area. At first I feared he was having a heart attack, but it didn't take long to read the signs of a stroke. Loss of motor skills, confusion, slurred speech, face drooping, etc. We kept him alert until the EMTs arrived and tried to keep his spirits up. We got word today that he has bleeding on the brain and had several seizures last night. The next few days are critical. He rides a Harley so I'm just thankful he was with us and not riding down the interstate when it hit him. He was the best possible place to be when it struck. So when you say your prayers, please remember "L.T." Thanx guys Mark
Prayers sent, Mark.
Dammmm glad hewas near good hands..
Dang....good luck to him.

Hemorrhagic stroke is a tough one.
Good luck L.T.
Prayers sent for your buddy, from us in N.C.
Done

🦫
Prayers in progress.
Originally Posted by achadwick
Prayers sent, Mark.

Yep.
Prayer just sent.

Good luck L.T.
Thoughts and prayers from Iowa.
Posted By: DMc Re: Prayers for a Good Guy Please - 10/20/21
May it be God's will to lift him up, nourish and heal your friend. Amen
Done. I hope he recovers ok.
Incoming from Michigan.
Sounds like he needs some back up. Why don't you go up to the Hospital and see him . That way you can find out how he is and watch him recover. Sometimes people need help and prayers are only half of it.
Done
Inbound from the left coast.
Prayers sent .
Prayers from one old copper for another.
prayers for healing headed his way. May God bless him.................
Prayers sent...

May our Lord God grant healing, comfort and Blessings upon all that seek it.

I spent a great deal of time reflecting on Psalm 46:10... yesterday

“Be still, and know that I am God"
Praying
Originally Posted by Malcolm
Sounds like he needs some back up. Why don't you go up to the Hospital and see him . That way you can find out how he is and watch him recover. Sometimes people need help and prayers are only half of it.

Prayers sent! And what Malcolm said! I’ve been there!!
Of course.
Prayers sent for a quick and full recovery.
Strokes can be somewhat mitigated by speedy recognition and care.
Praying he gets into rehab quickly, also.
Originally Posted by Whelenman
Originally Posted by Malcolm

Prayers sent! And what Malcolm said! I’ve been there!!

No one is allowed in, even his girlfriend, Covid..... If things change, we'll certainly be there.
Prayer sent from SEMO, Mark
Done and Amen. God bless you SCGN for being a friend.
We will be praying for L.T. to have a speedy and complete recovery. Please keep us posted.

Jim
I’m so angered seeing people be separated from family and friends while sick and alone in the hospital! Hospitals are failing our family members who are sick!

People definitely need the support of family members and friends in order to get well!
Done
More sent from NC as well.
Done.
More Prays offered from NC.
Prayers from Oregon.... getting older sucks... but I guess it beats the alternative...
Prayers sent,and please,let us know how he's doing.
Prayers sent for full recovery.
SCGunnut: Prayers sent.
Let us know how things go.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
As a retired LEO, I offer this one each day to St Michael the archangel, patron saint of police.

https://www.catholicfaithstore.com/...changel-patron-saint-of-police-officers/
Prayers sent
Prayers offered up for a full recovery.
Prayers sent
Thanks men. Will update as I know more.
One of our guys briefly got into the ICU by pretending to be his brother. He has been in an induced coma since he was admitted because his blood pressure was dangerously high and would spike even more when they tried to "work on him". Over the last couple days they have been weaning him off some of the drugs. He is breathing on his own but has not woken up. They have determined he likely had very high blood pressure for a lot of years and something finally had to give. His lady friend said he probably had not been to a doctor since he retired about 15 years ago. I hope he can retain quality of life, but he's got a long hard battle in front of him if he pulls through this.
SCGunNut ,

Prayers for your friend , I too hope he gets his health back .
Prayers from here, again.
Yes indeed.
Thanks for the update. Continued prayers for him.
Our friend was removed from life support yesterday and passed at 3:50 AM. Won't be the same around the shop without him. Thanks for the prayers guys but the Lord had other plans for him.
You got em!
Prayers lifted up from here!

Ed
Prayers sent!!
My condolences.
May he rest in Heaven.
Sorry to hear. RIP
Bummer ,, condolences to all .

May "" L.T. "" rest in peace .
© 24hourcampfire