Home
Posted By: cjh EBike for hunting - 10/23/21
I am looking into getting an e-bike to get in and out of the properties I am able to hunt. Some of the owner's do not want utv's and I respect their wishes. They will allow the e-bike and that will allow me better access to some of the land. Most on high ridges and drop steeply into the creek bottoms. There are some logging roads, but they are getting brushed in. Any advice on a make/brand/model or any experience with any would be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: Blacktail53 Re: EBike for hunting - 10/23/21
What’s your your budget?

I’ve been researching the heck out of ebike for exactly the same reasons and am astonished at the variety of bikes and price points. A simple google search for ebikes will show you the categories to choose from.

Have fun researching and good luck👍
Posted By: cjh Re: EBike for hunting - 10/23/21
I have looked at bikes in the 2-5K range. I just do not know enough about them to know what price range would be appropriate for my needs. I can spend more than that also, but I was thinking that with the research I have done that I should be able to find something to fit my needs in that area. Maybe I am wrong and way off. I am hoping that someone with a lot of experience on this topic can help out
Posted By: Jackson_Handy Re: EBike for hunting - 10/23/21
Don't. You'll catch the ghey...
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: EBike for hunting - 10/23/21
I want one for the same reasons. Electric uphill, glide downhill.
Posted By: Strider1 Re: EBike for hunting - 10/23/21
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]
Posted By: Seafire Re: EBike for hunting - 10/23/21
So I have two friends on this thread who want one or express interest in one...

Roy and Alan, have you guys been spending time down in the bay area or Berkeley any time recently?

Sorry I'll keep to my Toyota Truck or walking for those sort of needs....

Where I was out hunting yesterday and today... up high and in the rain, I don't think that one would have been much use to me...

and if I left it behind with the Truck.... you know it wouldn't be there when you got back.

that would be like leaving the keys in your new Corvette in the Walmart Parking lot...
Posted By: OldHat Re: EBike for hunting - 10/23/21
Get a drone then you can scout from the truck. ebike in. Haul it out with a 4 wheeler. Then set back in the the man cave and admire the mount.
Posted By: Rustyzipper Re: EBike for hunting - 10/23/21
2.5 years ago I bought a Trek Verve +. $2,500.00 with a front rack added. It had the rear rack, street tires, lights, a Bosch drive unit in the crankset. That's a drive in the pedals. I already had mud tires with studs from commuting to work for years on a bike with the same wheel size. Only one battery and an extra would have been something like $750.00. I still haven't got a spare battery but it would be nice. The 2 amp charger takes a long time to work but you could go to a 4 amp charger and speed up the charge time to about half with no cost to battery life. A suggestion when you charge to 100% turn on the bike for about two minutes and let the light take the top edge off the charge. That will greatly increase the battery life. You could take a short excursion on the bike to get the same. Just don't leave it to the top charge level as it greatly shortens battery life. I try to always do this and I haven't felt a reduction in the charge lasting so it works. Let us know what you buy and how it works for you . I am thinking of getting a bike with dual motors and dual batteries. Be Well, RZ.
Posted By: dale06 Re: EBike for hunting - 10/23/21
Originally Posted by OldHat
Get a drone then you can scout from the truck. ebike in. Haul it out with a 4 wheeler. Then set back in the the man cave and admire the mount.

Good one.

I saw some e bikes in Scheels the other day, $3000. Don’t recall the brand.
Posted By: akasparky Re: EBike for hunting - 10/23/21
https://youtu.be/T0YgdUW3hVA
Posted By: granitestate1 Re: EBike for hunting - 10/23/21
If you get one that you’re gonna be going off road more than anything get one with fat tires.
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: EBike for hunting - 10/23/21
Yeah…..bet that sumbeech work great in gumbo mud!!
Posted By: urbaneruralite Re: EBike for hunting - 10/23/21
Spent much time sitting on a bicycle seat lately? Negotiate to a lifted golf cart.
© 24hourcampfire