Home
For the Price of a Tesla Model S, You Can Buy a Flying Car That Doesn’t Require a License

For a price of a luxury electric car, you can now buy a personal electric plane that can take you to as high as 1,500 meters (4,921 feet) in the sky without a pilot license.

https://observer.com/2021/10/evtol-startup-introduces-single-seat-ultralight-flying-car/

The Swedish startup Jetson Aero on Thursday unveiled its first commercial product, a single-seat aluminum aircraft called Jetson, available for just $92,000 in the U.S. starting next year.

For that price, you will get a half assembled kit, which includes an aluminum space frame, motor controllers, propellers and motors, as well as an assembly guide.

Weighing only 40 kilograms (88 pounds) when empty, Jetson One is categorized as an ultralight aircraft in the U.S., which doesn’t require a pilot license to fly.

The single-seat aircraft can carry a passenger weighing up to 90 kilograms (198 pounds). The operator uses a throttle lever, a joystick and pedals to control the aircraft’s movements, while a computer software makes sure that it’s stable during flight. To ensure safety, the vehicle is also equipped with Lidar sensors for terrain tracking and obstacle avoidance and a ballistic parachute that can be deployed in no time in case of a motor failure or battery outage.

Jetson One is designed to fly at a maximum speed of 63 mph and hover up to 20 minutes on a single charge, making it likely not sufficient for a daily commute just yet.

Jetson Aero plans to manufacture only 12 Jetson One vehicles in 2022. All of them have been sold already, according to the company website, to buyers in the U.S., Europe and Brazil. Currently, there are only three units left for 2023.

Yeah, and their production is sold out for 2022. All 12 of them!

All kidding aside, looks like a fun toy. Wonder how they plan to pay for their operating expenses selling 12 toys a year?
So, you’re up a few hundred feet and one of your prop drives fail. Prepare to meet your end. -SPLAT-
John Denver results
Originally Posted by Dutch
Yeah, and their production is sold out for 2022. All 12 of them!

All kidding aside, looks like a fun toy. Wonder how they plan to pay for their operating expenses selling 12 toys a year?

They are likely looking for investors, at the moment they are the first and only company to offer them to consumers.

https://electrek.co/2021/10/22/jets...ehicle-ahead-of-limited-2022-production/

Jetson is a Swedish startup founded by Peter Ternstrom and Tomasz Patan in 2017 that specializes in electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) vehicles.

The global industry for eVTOL technology and commercial aerial transportation has over 150 different companies developing their own “flying cars,” but nearly all of them remain in the development stage.

We’ve previously covered other eVTOL vehicles like HT Aero’s X2 and Volocopter, who have shown proof of concepts but have yet to deliver any of their vehicles to consumers.
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
So, you’re up a few hundred feet and one of your prop drives fail. Prepare to meet your end. -SPLAT-

It is also equipped with many safety features including a redundant propulsion system and a ballistic parachute.
Originally Posted by Squidge

It is also equipped with many safety features including a redundant propulsion system and a ballistic parachute.

Redundant propulsion system????? is that just 'multiple motors'???? Or are there redundant prop drives???

So you're zipping along at 63mph, at something less than 500' will that ballistic parachute open in time................ go ahead and factor in an appropriate 'initial response to emergency delay interval'...............

Funny, but true. Who thinks up this kind of chidt? I see major failure in their future.. Can you picture the idiots texting and flying these things..
A quad copter with 100 Kg payload.
I don't see any airbags... wink
500' and 60mph ....I wouldn't have much faith in the parachute.
This will cost more than a Tesla Model S.

I want one!
Originally Posted by Muffin
Originally Posted by Squidge

Redundant propulsion system????? is that just 'multiple motors'???? Or are there redundant prop drives???

So you're zipping along at 63mph, at something less than 500' will that ballistic parachute open in time................ go ahead and factor in an appropriate 'initial response to emergency delay interval'...............

Ive parachuted from 800 feet. barely have enough time for chute to open before you hit the ground
Originally Posted by TRnCO
I want one!

Me 3! What a hoot! I'd settle for just test flying one.
Originally Posted by TRnCO
I want one!

Be good for scouting coyotes TR . smile

This guys been going to bring his Moller Sky Car to market for 30 years .
Last I knew it had 5 high horsepower racing cart engines powering it , thing would drink 2-cycle gasoline - would sound good tho

There ya go

There’s your bug out escape pod.
Pretty neat.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I don't see any airbags... wink

Or turn signals..
I’d rather have a Tesla
Originally Posted by hanco
I’d rather have a Tesla

...and with an avatar of a plane. Loser
They look cool, I'd love to try one out.
Passenger weight limit of 198# ?
Since my weight runs that + or -, I'll pass.
(NO acceptable variation, in my case - or not a sufficient safety factor)
Bless all those smaller folks! smile May they fly safe!
No pilots license required...... Not yet, anyway. Just wait; until if and when they start selling a few in this country and the FAA, the consumer product safety folks, the insurance companies and numerous other entities will be on that thing like flies on dog chit. It's an interesting concept but not interesting enough for me to get involved with it.
Originally Posted by 22250rem
No pilots license required...... Not yet, anyway. Just wait; until if and when they start selling a few in this country and the FAA, the consumer product safety folks, the insurance companies and numerous other entities will be on that thing like flies on dog chit. It's an interesting concept but not interesting enough for me to get involved with it.

Right. These will be regulated far beyond normal driving.

First requirement will be a covid vaccine. LOL
I'd like to see some of our Aussie brothers get a hold of a couple of these and make some hog shooting vids!

Full-on redneck down under fun.
Put Pelosi in one and send her out over the ocean.
Originally Posted by rainshot
Put Pelosi in one and send her out over the ocean.

Yeah - I like that one better.
A little more weight capacity and it would work great for packing out an elk.
Originally Posted by OldHat
Originally Posted by 22250rem

Right. These will be regulated far beyond normal driving.

First requirement will be a covid vaccine. LOL

Just wait

I would bull dogg mine with some carolina lean, I GAVE HER THE D stickers on it, and even though not necessary still put some dubs on it.
© 24hourcampfire