Home
Posted By: wabigoon Bersa's? - 10/24/21
How good are they?
Posted By: CrowRifle Re: Bersa's? - 10/24/21
Have a Thunder and really like. Never failed once in a thousand rounds or so. Accurate and the ergonomics are great. Natural pointer.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Bersa's? - 10/24/21
Thanks.
Posted By: ldholton Re: Bersa's? - 10/24/21
I am familiar with the Bersa Thunder line and they work matter of fact they work better than a friend of mine's Walther PPK
I'm looking at a 380 ACP
Posted By: Jericho Re: Bersa's? - 10/24/21
Bersa thunder 380s are very popular and the price isn't bad. Bersa also makes 9mm 40 and 45 but they are no where near as popular as the 380s for some reason
Posted By: ldholton Re: Bersa's? - 10/24/21
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I'm looking at a 380 ACP

That's what I was referring to sorry did not include that info. Make a thunder plus which is a double stack 380 holds if I remember correctly 14 rounds.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Bersa's? - 10/24/21
lol

Get two, one for each ankle

Posted By: Happy_Camper Re: Bersa's? - 10/24/21
Nothing against .380 subcompacts. I admire the Sig 230.
They have their place.
For many years I would see 9mm ammo everywhere when 380 was scarce. The price and options of ammo was a consideration for some. Most people practice more with lower cost rn ammo. The 9mm subcompacts are also available in about that same size and weight. Just a couple thoughts that come to mind, but you know your needs and wants better than any of us. It sounds like you can't go wrong with that choice from those who owned Bersas.
Bersitis is another matter. Lol
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Bersa's? - 10/24/21
Originally Posted by wabigoon
How good are they?

I've only heard good things about reliability and quality of manufacture. The only issue is the size of gun for caliber, vs modern trends. There are so many .380 handguns better suited for concealed carry today, that its type of .380 pistol is a bit obsolete, i.e., at that size, today, you are better served with several models of guns chambered in 9mm for not much more money.
Posted By: JohnnyLoco Re: Bersa's? - 10/24/21
I know of one Bersa Thunder 380 that is a handgun class loaner that has never been cleaned and never failed in over 20, 000 rounds. It just gets squirted with CLP or blasted with cleaner and drip dries.

The other running joke is, if someone points a thunder 380 or 22 at you, you are shot. Almost every first time shooter or experienced shooter hits accurately right away.

They are super easy to take down too. They have very good features and is a very safe weapon. I wish they made 380 snake shot.

A Thunder 380 with 68gr Underwood Ammo will get the job done.

I’ve only seen two thunders that had problems and both were the same problem. The nickel plated ones for some reason some of the barrels were nickeled on the inside and it started tearing loose in the rifling. One was a 22 and the other a 380. Get one with blued barrel. When they were sent in for repairs the owners requested blued barrels as replacement.

Posted By: TheDuckofDeath Re: Bersa's? - 10/24/21
I have numerous Bersa's, including my main carry gun the bp9cc, which has over 10k rounds through it. I've replaced the springs twice, and never a burp. I have the thunder .22 and couple of .380s. When I train a new shooter we use the .22 for them to get use to recoil etc, then when they move up to .380 most bad habits are already erased. Great value
Posted By: gkt5450 Re: Bersa's? - 10/24/21
They have been excellent robust shooters for us for many years.
Thanks all, when the shop opens, I'll see what I can do.
Posted By: Jericho Re: Bersa's? - 10/24/21
i think the Bersa in 22LR is a cool little gun also
I'm thinking defense weapon for a daughter.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Bersa's? - 10/24/21
Hers a nice one for sale in the Free Classified.
Not a .380 Bersa, but a 32 acp Beretta .

Much nicer gun for a lady, IMO.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...533/re-wts-beretta-81-32acp#Post16556533
Thanks!

Why does everything have to be so hard? laugh
Posted By: Scout308 Re: Bersa's? - 10/24/21
I had a thunder several years ago. It was a piece of junk. Got rid of it.
Posted By: Strider1 Re: Bersa's? - 10/24/21
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Bersa's? - 10/24/21
Get a combat plus if you can find one.
Posted By: BOWHUNR Re: Bersa's? - 10/24/21
The wife has a .380 with laser sights. Sweet little handgun and never had a jam. Shoots as well as my accurized Kahr PM9 for a fraction of the price.
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: Bersa's? - 10/24/21
If you get shot by one does it mean you have bersitis? Lol
Posted By: gkt5450 Re: Bersa's? - 10/24/21
Nah…probably just lead poisoning and low blood pressure.
Posted By: Dale K Re: Bersa's? - 10/25/21
I have had one for probably 15 years. It was the wife's gun, she liked the feel of the grip. I don't know how many rounds we shot, it wasn't a great number but it did get used. About 9-10 years ago, I was shooting it (factory ammo) and the slide jammed about a half inch out of battery. I sent it back for repairs under the lifetime warranty. It came back in working order and hasn't had a problem since.

I can't say for sure (and I'm trusting my memory) but I think it had a blue finish on the outside of the barrel when it went in for repair, it came back with a chrome finish on the outside now. Maybe the blue barrel and spring combination caused friction that the spring broke and jammed the slide? Chrome finish slides better? I don't know and am definitely speculating but I do know it was jammed tight.

I also know they stood by it and fixed it in timely manner and I have had no problems with it since then.

Dale
© 24hourcampfire