Home
Posted By: OSU_Sig Flyover at KC Chiefs game - 10/25/21
I don't recall ever seen a 49 plane flyover. Pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VImNBuJW3sQ
Posted By: muleshoe Re: Flyover at KC Chiefs game - 10/25/21
Pretty cool.

The Chiefs must've been so impressed they forgot there was a game to play.

grin
Posted By: dale06 Re: Flyover at KC Chiefs game - 10/25/21
Originally Posted by muleshoe
Pretty cool.

grin

You got that right.
Honk for Joey formation?
That was the best flyover I have ever seen!
Too bad the Chiefs can’t seem to get it together.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Flyover at KC Chiefs game - 10/25/21
This is an old video and I think it was Breast Cancer Awareness a few years ago, actually 2013.

Regardless, its still a really cool flyover.
Posted By: hanco Re: Flyover at KC Chiefs game - 10/25/21
Cool video
Posted By: kwg020 Re: Flyover at KC Chiefs game - 10/25/21
That takes some clout to get 49 airplanes to fly over for a football game.

kwg
One plane for every State in the Nation, except California.
https://biggeekdad.com/2013/12/49-plane-flyover/
Posted By: Windfall Re: Flyover at KC Chiefs game - 10/25/21
They do those fly overs here too, but I have to ask the aircraft familiar folks why military jet aircraft make SO much more noise than much larger commercial jet aircraft? We routinely have 737 or even a 747 now and again (Trump's Air Force One) fly over the house, but damn, those two F-35's were practicing on Saturday, the pilots stayed for the game and they flew out this morning and those things are enough to rattle the windows. There is nothing stealthy about them. I'm sure they have large jet engines, but larger than a 500 passenger 747???
Posted By: slumlord Re: Flyover at KC Chiefs game - 10/25/21
No mention of the 27-3 rout by a shîtty Tn team.

Looka dadda... air panes!!!
Posted By: KFWA Re: Flyover at KC Chiefs game - 10/25/21
cool video

I was hoping it was a picture of a plane with a "Lets Go Brandon" sign
Posted By: navlav8r Re: Flyover at KC Chiefs game - 10/25/21
Originally Posted by Windfall
They do those fly overs here too, but I have to ask the aircraft familiar folks why military jet aircraft make SO much more noise than much larger commercial jet aircraft? We routinely have 737 or even a 747 now and again (Trump's Air Force One) fly over the house, but damn, those two F-35's were practicing on Saturday, the pilots stayed for the game and they flew out this morning and those things are enough to rattle the windows. There is nothing stealthy about them. I'm sure they have large jet engines, but larger than a 500 passenger 747???

Man, that was pretty slick.

There are several reasons the passenger jets are quieter. The high bypass turbofan engines are designed to be quieter. At lower altitudes like on a takeoff, the crews are complying with noise abatement procedures where they’ll reduce power after the initial climb to reduce the noise ovr populated areas.

The tactical jets, even with turbo fan engines have an afterburner where raw fuel is dumped into the high velocity exhaust stream to provide more weight to the ejected gasses providing a big increase in thrust. Think of it like a heavy bullet increasing energy. If you need to maneuver hard it’s done in ‘burner because it helps you maintain the airspeed or energy needed to maneuver. Being in ‘burner provides approximately 1 extra “G available” for maneuvering for either/or turn radius or turn rate.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Flyover at KC Chiefs game - 10/25/21
Originally Posted by muleshoe
Pretty cool.

grin

This. What has happened to them in the last year i wonder?
Posted By: g5m Re: Flyover at KC Chiefs game - 10/25/21
Very nice vdeo!
A great show for the patriotic heartland.
Originally Posted by Windfall

commercial planes have commercial regulations... and no afterburners...
Posted By: GAGoober Re: Flyover at KC Chiefs game - 10/25/21
Chiefs Suck this year.
© 24hourcampfire