Home
His body was found by a hunter 53 years later. Here's a good write up about his son and family.

MISSING BOWHUNTER
That is a heck of a tale. Dad sounded like quite an adventurous type to be in that region alone in those days. Glad the son got some closure.
Wow, what a story.
Great read.
Unreal
Thanks, helluva story that.
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Thanks, helluva story that.

Yes indeed.
Just Wow.
Thanks for posting that very interesting story. Stuff like that can and does happen. It's good to know that guys family now has answers and can find closure.
Nothing to add but thanks for posting.
I wonder what kind of eerie story that Paulides guy has made about this in the past.
And just like that, when you think you’re on top of the world, the world lands on top of you.......
Thanks RC
At least he went out doing what he loved doing.

Crushed to death by a rock.....
Interesting story with various avenues. Thanks for sharing.
Interesting. Glad the son got closure.
Sounded like a real swell guy too....
Great read thx Rock Chuck .

A life can be lost in a split second .
Crazy
excellent article. thanks for ;posting
As Paul Harvey would say - now you know the rest of the story.
Wow. That guy went missing about a month before I born. 53 years is a long time...
That's quite a story.
You just never know. Great story.
Knife looks like a Puma White Hunter?
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Unfortunately his son drew precisely the wrong conclusion and passed that along to his sons. “So I taught my boys don’t take any risks, don’t take any chances.”
Interesting story. Thanks for posting!
Nice to know the back story, which is so often missing. Also nice to know that a fellow hunter was finally found and laid to rest. Thanks for posting this
Interesting story, closure at last.
Very interesting read, TY for sharing. Has me thinking how many missing hunters over the years that have never been found
Interesting story. That closure was a long time coming.

Bb
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Knife looks like a Puma White Hunter?

Probably
I did have a similar one some years ago that was
german manufactured but not puma
I regret letting somebody stack the bills higher than
I could resist and I let it get away
The outdoors are fun. Just shows you how dangerous a hobby can be. Off shore fishing is just as dangerous. Hasbeen
He had good taste. Looks like a vintage Puma knife.
Closure for the son, as stated ,good story !
Incredible
This is a cool story and reminds me of some solo bow hunts of mine in my formative hunting years ,when I was more concerned with whatever was over the next ridge than my personal safety or getting a shot on something! Bowen and Baker Gulch and Indian Peaks wilderness come to mind , for me!
Originally Posted by pal
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Unfortunately his son drew precisely the wrong conclusion and passed that along to his sons. “So I taught my boys don’t take any risks, don’t take any chances.”

I don't know; but, I'm guessing, based on the entirety of the story and his family history AND the immediate preceding paragraph, that advise pertained to being alone in the wilderness and not to their entire lives.
© 24hourcampfire