Home
Posted By: taylorce1 COVID hits home! - 10/27/21
The wife calls me at work Sunday and tells me she tested positive for COVID. We belive she got symptoms last Friday as she started complaining of body aches and chills. She spiked a 103⁰ fever on Sunday and why she went to urgent care. I let my work know, and they're giving me a minimum of 17 unpaid days of time off.

My wife isn't eligible for the shot, so neither of us have taken the jab. Looks like she's going to recover well from it, but she also got the antibody infusion yesterday and was prescribed Ivermectin, Steroids and high dose vitamin C, D, and Zinc. We we're surprised the Dr. gave her those treatment options.

I go in the next day or two for the same antibody infusion treatment, but so far have been COVID negative on two rapid tests. Other than that I'm feeling like I've got some seasonal allergies. I'm still waiting on a test that was mailed off, to say with 100% certainty I don't have it. My saving grace might be I got home Thursday after she was possibly longer infectious, from a 9 day elk hunt on the western slope.

I really hate to start another COVID thread, as everyone has their side. I've just pretty much kept out of these things, choosing just to keep working and letting people live and let live. I'm actually kind of looking forward to 17 days off just to catch things up around here.
Posted By: Jackson_Handy Re: COVID hits home! - 10/27/21
You'll both be fine, just like the other 98.9% (or whatever the actual ridiculously high percentage rate is).

Ps sounds like your medical provider is squared away
Posted By: High_Noon Re: COVID hits home! - 10/27/21
99.73%
Posted By: dale06 Re: COVID hits home! - 10/27/21
Good luck to and the Mrs.
Posted By: tzone Re: COVID hits home! - 10/27/21
Why 17?

The CDC guidelines is 10.
Posted By: skfullen Re: COVID hits home! - 10/27/21
Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Posted By: Morewood Re: COVID hits home! - 10/27/21
"My wife isn't eligible for the shot, so neither of us have taken the jab."

Huh? They give away donuts and lottery tickets just to take their free "vaccine".
Posted By: taylorce1 Re: COVID hits home! - 10/27/21
Originally Posted by Morewood
"My wife isn't eligible for the shot, so neither of us have taken the jab."

Huh? They give away donuts and lottery tickets just to take their free "vaccine".

My wife has a history with pulmonary emboli caused by certain medications. There isn't a Dr that's going to recommend she take the shot. That's the only reason we got some alternative treatment options.
Originally Posted by tzone
Why 17?

The CDC guidelines is 10.

I work for the BNSF, and they require 7 days symptom free after the 10 days is up. I could have gone back to work in 7 days, if I would quarantine separately from my wife.
Posted By: deflave Re: COVID hits home! - 10/27/21
I’m gonna cross all my fingers, all my toes, and say two prayers.
Posted By: dassa Re: COVID hits home! - 10/27/21
Originally Posted by deflave

It's too late for that. They already tested positive.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: COVID hits home! - 10/27/21
Praying for both of you.
Originally Posted by dassa

It's too late for that. They already tested positive.

Let me repeat, as of right now I have not tested positive for COVID. I went hunting the 12th of October and didn't return until the evening of the 21st. Dr's think I might have missed the infectious period since my wife's symptoms didn't present until the afternoon of the 22nd.

I feel pretty normal for this time of year, just some mild allergy symptoms. In fact I'm about to head out hop on the Kubota and mow my property for the last time this fall. I'll probably feel like crap after moving all the dried up and dust crap on my place.

My wife still gets tired easily and is having issues staying asleep for several hours. However, her condition has greatly improved since Monday. She can work from home, so that's what she's doing.
Posted By: centershot Re: COVID hits home! - 10/27/21
17 days, middle of hunting season. Maybe some distancing from a tree stand is in order?
Originally Posted by centershot
17 days, middle of hunting season. Maybe some distancing from a tree stand is in order?

I'm done until the week of Thanksgiving. I got a small bull last Wednesday, but pronghorn and mule deer seasons are over for me as well. I'll go to OK in November to play whack a doe.
Posted By: taylorce1 Re: COVID hits home! - 10/28/21
Well I go in at 10 am for my antibody infusion treatment. I still haven't tested positive, and this is supposed to help prevent me from getting COVID. My wife is about a day or two away from giving life H3ll again, so prayers for me are needed!😉
Posted By: wabigoon Re: COVID hits home! - 10/28/21
Originally Posted by taylorce1
Well I go in at 10 am for my antibody infusion treatment. I still haven't tested positive, and this is supposed to help prevent me from getting COVID. My wife is about a day or two away from giving life H3ll again, so prayers for me are needed!😉

Of course.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: COVID hits home! - 10/28/21

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

🦫
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: COVID hits home! - 10/28/21
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
You'll both be fine, just like the other 98.9% (or whatever the actual ridiculously high percentage rate is).

Ps sounds like your medical provider is squared away

99.8%
Posted By: taylorce1 Re: COVID hits home! - 11/01/21
Well, I guess I did test positive. Got my results from my one "not rapid" test today and it shows I tested positive early last week. Probably explains why my successful solo elk hunt the week earlier kicked my butt so badly.
Posted By: Gypsy_Wind Re: COVID hits home! - 11/01/21
“COVID 19: A disease so bad you can barely elk hunt!”
Posted By: ShaunRyan Re: COVID hits home! - 11/01/21
Originally Posted by Beaver10

🦫

I take it that guy's been vaccinated. laugh whistle
Posted By: bbassi Re: COVID hits home! - 11/01/21

I'm done until the week of Thanksgiving. I got a small bull last Wednesday, but pronghorn and mule deer seasons are over for me as well. I'll go to OK in November to play whack a doe.

You don't have coyotes to chase? Or fish to catch? Come on man!

Originally Posted by Gypsy_Wind
“COVID 19: A disease so bad you can barely elk hunt!”

Thank you! That made me laugh!
Originally Posted by bbassi

You don't have coyotes to chase? Or fish to catch? Come on man!

I am drinking some beer!
Posted By: deflave Re: COVID hits home! - 11/01/21
How dead is your wife?
Posted By: MadMooner Re: COVID hits home! - 11/01/21
Originally Posted by ShaunRyan

🦫

I take it that guy's been vaccinated. laugh whistle

😂
Posted By: 10at6 Re: COVID hits home! - 11/01/21
My wife got the Covid big time . Doc said no sex for 14 days. But she was fine.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: COVID hits home! - 11/01/21

🦫

Spartans had a cure for him long ago...
Probably works in one of them fugged up telemarketer places in India.

Their multitasking guy....
How dead is your wife?

Her ghost is in the kitchen "making me a samich"!
Posted By: dassa Re: COVID hits home! - 11/01/21
Well, I guess I did test positive. Got my results from my one "not rapid" test today and it shows I tested positive early last week. Probably explains why my successful solo elk hunt the week earlier kicked my butt so badly.

Apology accepted.
© 24hourcampfire