Home
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMrsXPgd0Kk

Negro females sing a song about how great it is to have curly hair. What has that got to do with country music.
Told wife to turn those clowns off, CMA _= clown music awards. Nothing but a bunch of WOKE schittt . Bob Wills is turning in his grave!
I reckon this song title just about sums it up for me.....cause I ain't gonna ever be wokety-woke

Fruit loop corporate types control tv and radio to sell what they like. There's a whole nother set of artists doing well though other outlets. Sierra Ferrell is selling out wherever she goes in the US and overseas. Was she in that show at all?
All of these industry shows where they dedicate a night to telling themselves how great they are, strike me as a bit odd.
you cant tell a real news story from the babylon bee
Did they have that cyrus girl sing in the nudie suit?
what they call country music these days ain't country music. A hell of a lot more like POP, and it ain't worth a [bleep]!
Country music + Rap = CRAP. Modern country music is garbage.
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

Negro females sing a song about how great it is to have curly hair. What has that got to do with country music.

I don't know.....
But hay!! I'd be happy if my hair would stop falling out and turning gray.
There's probably a song in that....
Originally Posted by Heym06
Told wife to turn those clowns off, CMA _= clown music awards. Nothing but a bunch of WOKE schittt . Bob Wills is turning in his grave!

Yep. Bunch of “Bro Country Rap Bullschitt.
Can’t stand to listen or watch that schitt

George Strait was the last REAL Country Music Star.
Alan Jackson was OK, too.
Originally Posted by slumlord

Nah. She was probably out Whoring some where. And smoking Crack.
I'm sure a bunch of old fuggs trapped in 1960 that can't figure out the self checkout at Walmart or negotiate a roundabout with more hair in their ears than on their heads is the target demographic of country music. LOL

#oldfuggsareirrelevant
Wouldnt waste my time watching that $hit. Country's not country no more.
Originally Posted by callnum
I'm sure a bunch of old fuggs trapped in 1960 that can't figure out the self checkout at Walmart or negotiate a roundabout with more hair in their ears than on their heads is the target demographic of country music. LOL

#oldfuggsareirrelevant

I’m sure all the F A G G S like you get off on it.
What a worthless POS performance and song that was in any genre of music.

What woke ass WHITE producer thought that would be a good.

Ray Charles be like Negro Please.
Try this.
With lowered standards, no ability to sing or play an instrument and of course auto tune even beta male woke tards with no talent like cal dumb can be a khhuntree music star now

funny how Morgan Wallen, who is one of the few really talented musicians( plays many instruments, writes really well crafted songs, great singer) is banned because of weak beta Male woke tarts

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/awards/9638921/cma-awards-ban-morgan-wallen-attending/
Originally Posted by Raeford
I reckon this song title just about sums it up for me.....cause I ain't gonna ever be wokety-woke

Raeford;
Good morning to you sir, I hope this Remembrance Day up here and Veteran's Day for you folks south of the medicine line finds you well.

Since you've posted a band who hail from Regina, SK and part of that video was filmed in a local brewery there, I'll offer for consideration another Saskatchewan singer in a video featuring the same brewery.

Colter is the son of the former Premier of Saskatchewan Brad Wall by the way.

Anyways, I thought I'd widen the musical horizons for those who might like something a little different than mainstream country music seems to be playing these days.

All the best to you as we head into winter.

Dwayne
I made it only part way through, then went upstairs to read sci-fi while wife finished watching it. This year's contestents on The Voice were mostly all better singers than anything I heard last night, even tho I didn't care for some of the songs selected on Voice.

Charley Pride was a country singer, but didn't dress up as a Hallowen Pimp. That one, whoever it is, was where I bailed.... smile

ribka;
Good morning to you sir, I hope this Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day finds you well.

As noted in my previous response, I'm less than enchanted with a lot of what is being passed off for country music on this side of the medicine line.

While I'm no doubt in the minority on that, since evidently these folks seem to be making a living selling and performing what they're calling their brand of "country", nonetheless I am still able to not prefer it.

Since I'm on a Canuck music theme here, if you ever have a chance to see this fellow live, it's always been worthwhile in our experience. I want to say I've seen Corb Lund and the Hurtin' Albertans three times live and my wife and daughter have seen them at least one more time.

This is a little less than a rosy outlook song by them from a few years back, however that may not make it any less prophetic.

All the best to you sir as we head into winter.

Dwayne
Same back at ya BC[and thanks for the info on Dead South].

I only listen to 'alt-country' these days.
BC, have both those guys on my Pandora stations list, along with several other Canadian musicians.

Originally Posted by arky65
BC, have both those guys on my Pandora stations list, along with several other Canadian musicians.

Gentlemen;
Good morning to you both, thanks kindly for the response.

While I'm not really a "music person", I do have a radio playing in the background sometimes if I'm working in the shop. It's an ancient AM/FM unit that was my good wife's when she was in high school and since we've been married close to 40 years, well that tells us all the age of the radio.

Anyways, a few years back when some of the country folks started "talking" in their songs, I believe was the moment I felt the closest kinship to Elvis where I briefly considered committing unspeakable acts to her radio with unmentionable objects... laugh

One can't be too careful these days up here in even alluding to what one might or would never, ever think of doing with a firearm - or bow - or stout cudgel I suppose....

But once again I digress and apologize for both.

All the very best to you both as the weather gets cooler and the days get shorter.

Dwayne

Edit to add;
I've actually got a few "stout cudgels" and this is the current favorite.

That's funny.
Alt-country is probably closer to being real Country than Country.
Well, whilst we're at it:

Originally Posted by Tyrone

That's funny.

Tyrone;
Good morning, I hope this finds you well and hope that I can be forgiven for driving this thread completely through the ditch, destroying the fence and well into the rhubarb patch... eek

For those who prefer alternate country, this is a YouTube channel with a rather dubious name, but interesting content nonetheless.

Here's a sample folks, just follow the channel and listen to a few. They're not all to my own tastes for sure, but then as a Canuck where our "national dish" is fried potato strips smothered in cheap beef gravy and cheese curds.... well what did you all really expect now? wink

All the best to you sir, here's to us all keeping warm and dry in the upcoming season.

Dwayne
Well, whilst we're at it:

Raeford;
Thanks for that video sir!

He's new to me and I very much enjoyed it.

All the best - still and always.

Dwayne
thank you sir

Wall and Lund are the real deal. thanks for sharing the tidbit on Wall

Originally Posted by BC30cal
ribka;
Good morning to you sir, I hope this Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day finds you well.

As noted in my previous response, I'm less than enchanted with a lot of what is being passed off for country music on this side of the medicine line.

While I'm no doubt in the minority on that, since evidently these folks seem to be making a living selling and performing what they're calling their brand of "country", nonetheless I am still able to not prefer it.

Since I'm on a Canuck music theme here, if you ever have a chance to see this fellow live, it's always been worthwhile in our experience. I want to say I've seen Corb Lund and the Hurtin' Albertans three times live and my wife and daughter have seen them at least one more time.

This is a little less than a rosy outlook song by them from a few years back, however that may not make it any less prophetic.

Dwayne

That's funny.

Beyond Strait, Jackson and a select few others, country is dead as far as I'm concerned.
All of this proves that there IS good music still being made.

That's funny.

Tyrone;
Good morning, I hope this finds you well and hope that I can be forgiven for driving this thread completely through the ditch, destroying the fence and well into the rhubarb patch... eek

For those who prefer alternate country, this is a YouTube channel with a rather dubious name, but interesting content nonetheless.

Here's a sample folks, just follow the channel and listen to a few. They're not all to my own tastes for sure, but then as a Canuck where our "national dish" is fried potato strips smothered in cheap beef gravy and cheese curds.... well what did you all really expect now? wink

All the best to you sir, here's to us all keeping warm and dry in the upcoming season.

Dwayne
Thank you, Dwayne, that was alright! I think the buffalo even enjoyed it! smile

ya!

GWB
Cody Jinks makes good country music
Originally Posted by hanco

I like his music.

And the ones he travels around with. Ward David. Whitey Morgan. Steelwoods.

Also, there’s plenty of good Red dirt singers that few have heard of.

Jason boland and the stragglers.
Randy Rogers.
Casey Donahew
Cost Canada

Usually i just put Spotify on the red dirt station and let it go.

Miley does her thing. She can sing when she wants too.

She’s looks like she likes to get her bones rattled.
They guys new age country music is as good as any I've heard .

ribka;

Dwayne

That's good.
Back at ya' Ol' Mike!

ya!

GWB
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

Miley doesn't care how she gets her freak on. She'd do it with a shucked corncob if she thought it would work.
The best new country music can't make it on "country" radio these days.
Originally Posted by Springcove
Country music + Rap = CRAP. Modern music is garbage.

Fixed it for you......
They lost me when the [bleep] from Brothers Osbourne kissed his "partner". What the [bleep] has happened to this country??
someone please embed the David Allen Coe song, "If it ain't country.", so caldumb can hear what real country music was.
The only demographic you old fuggs are targeted by is Metamucil and Costco hearing aids. LOL

Other than that ya all are irrelevant.

TFF!
but yet here you are, following us all like a lost puppy dog! LOL!!
another caldumb should look into is the song "It damn sure ain't Merle", by Creed Fisher...
Today's "Country music" is why I listen to Sirius radio and Willie's Roadhouse. Ain't watched an awards show in over a decade.
Originally Posted by TRnCO
but yet here you are, following us all like a lost puppy dog! LOL!!

Its pure entertainment watching old hens wring their hands over every little thing.

LOL
For the most part the last say eight or 10 years any country music worth a damn if it's in the Red Dirt country description
Nobody cares what an obese ginger has to say.
Originally Posted by TRnCO
someone please embed the David Allen Coe song, "If it ain't country.", so caldumb can hear what real country music was.

Quien Sabe,

GWB

Originally Posted by tedthorn
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

I don't know.....

Here you go Ted

Originally Posted by hanco

I like his music.

And the ones he travels around with. Ward David. Whitey Morgan. Steelwoods.

Also, there’s plenty of good Red dirt singers that few have heard of.

Jason boland and the stragglers.
Randy Rogers.
Casey Donahew
Cost Canada

Usually i just put Spotify on the red dirt station and let it go.

I’ve seen them all, good guys everyone
It started a few years ago when (((people behind the curtains))) flew out a bunch of West Coast negro's and sat them in the front rows of the CMA show. Now, it's all negrified - and it wasn't some organic movement.

I’m talkin bout her baby sister Noah
Don Imus knew what it meant. Nappy headed something something................
I don't know.....

Yes, but it would need stuff about momma, and trains, and trucks, and prison, and getting drunk.
Real Country Music died with Johnny Cash.
I partially understand your position, but God broke the mold after he created Merle Haggard. He was/is the GOAT of country music
Originally Posted by ShaunRyan
I don't know.....

Yes, but it would need stuff about momma, and trains, and trucks, and prison, and getting drunk.

ya!

GWB
I used to look forward to watching the CMA's, real country is almost dead. God Bless George Straight!

I saw them live at a bar in Regina 7-8 years ago. Were awesome.

That’s all I’m going to contribute to this thread. Been a waste of time any time I tried to point out real country music ain’t dead, just isn’t played on fm stations lol
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Been a waste of time any time I tried to point out real country music ain’t dead, just isn’t played on fm stations lol

^^^^^^ This in spades.
that Billy Ray Cyrus video is scarring

worse, Unknown Hinson was replaced by Tracey Morgan on Squidbillies because he spoke out against Dolly Parton

I’m 57 , my Dad is 85 now and I grew up listening to him play records and his guitar of Eddy Arnold, Hank Snow , Hank Sr. and lots of bluegrass . He had no use for country bands that had drums instead of a bass player. Cash or Merle included . I have swilled much sour mash to Hank jr. when I was younger but I’m not a fan . My tastes run towards early 70’s southern rock but today’s country is not for me.

ya!

GWB
Originally Posted by SockPuppet

Ya know, I've tried pretty dang hard to not like that guy. I could never stand his garbled vocals and the over all style of Staind (or whatever TF they were called) but dammit if I didn't love that one. Seems like a good, conservative dude as well.

Thanks for posting that one!
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Nah. She was probably out Whoring some where. And smoking Crack.

Any idea where? Asking for a friend
Might not be country, but he sends a pretty powerful message.
Originally Posted by geedubya

ya!

GWB

Good stuff GW !

I’ve been to a couple of Jr Brown’s shows.
He’s awesome.
I’ve been to a couple of Jr Brown’s shows.
He’s awesome.

[quote=BigPine]I’m 57 , my Dad is 85 now and I grew up listening to him play records and his guitar of Eddy Arnold, Hank Snow , Hank Sr. and lots of bluegrass /quote]

one of my EA fav's.

ya!

GWB

#oldfuggsareirrelevant

#oldfuggsareirrelevant

I told you once before I refuse to use self checkout at Walmart. I don't work for Walmart I shop there but let a cashier check me out and bag my stuff. At times i get lucky and they load my cart for me lol. I'm 60 how old are you??

ya!

GWB
I am shocked anyone would watch that CHIT !
Originally Posted by geedubya

ya!

GWB

I prefer Dan Seals version. He can actually sing. 😜

I prefer Dan Seals version. He can actually sing. 😜

You'll get no argument here!

Good stuff!

ya!

GWB

ya!

GWB