Home
Nothing really for me. Various random tools.

Dad found a 8ft step ladder.

Younger brother found a bottom section of a summit climbing stand.

Buddy found a shotgun in a hard case in the road.

He tracked it back and returned it to the owner.
Miller plasma cutter
Nope. Not a damn thing.
20’ of 3/8 chain.

Tire chains for a semi.
20 ft aluminum extension ladder and a ton of usa-made rubber tarp straps. Dad had me trained as a kid to pick those up without even stopping the car. 😆
I found a North Face sleeping bag a few years ago, a Marmot rain shell last month.
Several chains, a 21/2x4” Rigid die that I sold for a thousand bucks.
We have lost on the road as well.
Unopened fifth of good Scotch along the side of Interstate 90 near Missoula, Montana,
Bimini top from a SeaRay boat someone tossed. Stainless steel and sunbrella. Held onto the thing for years almost sold it on Craigslist. Fit my current boat perfectly and saved me $600.
Just one of these hammers.

[Linked Image from m.media-amazon.com]
Nothing but screwdrivers and wrenches in modern times.

Iver Johnson 32 revolver with no cylinder, in the 1950's.

Bruce
I found a length of fire hose in the road in front of Texas Motor Speedway late one night. I called 911 and asked them to connect me to the fire department so I could inform them. Operator then began interrogating me and wanted all kinds of info, which I declined to provide. I told her I didn't give a damn one way or another, but if FWFD wanted their damned hose they could come and get it.
Milwaukee 18v 1/2 Impact with a battery. And it works.
One time I was driving a '64 Pontiac Tempest on a curvy road out in the county, and the left rear hubcap came off and went into a ditch. I saw where it went, so I stopped and walked back to get it. When I found it, it was leaning up against a really nice heavy duty chain hoist. I still have it, and have used it quite a few time throughout the years. Every time I do, I think about that hubcap.
Dead deer and elk, tie downs, and gas cans.
Just ask Happy Camper
Just some hand tools and 2 lb hammers,did find a 36 in.pipe wrench but i think it was lost on purpose. wink

And over the years several 20+ft chains,sometimes with boomers.
I pick up a life jacket every few years. I could have a few per yr. if I wanted to . One time , I was in central Wis. one morning and there was a jacket and sweater in the road. I picked it up and it had a checkbook with $80 in it. The checks had the address so I go out of my way to give it to her but the unit was vacant so I go home and my mom found her number and called. We sent it all back minus $10 for shipping. A few weeks later I get a thankyou card form her with the most beautiful handwriting I ever saw, signed Dianne Mari Hunstock.
I've found lots of hand tools. Last fall I watched a guy lose a DeWalt 20v recip saw off of his bumper, then followed him until he stopped. I walked up to his window to hand it to him and he just said "huh", grabbed it, then rolled his window back up. Ungrateful prick.

I lost one of my boat chairs last year on my way back from caribou hunting. The damn thing had been in the boat for thousands of miles all over the state, but somehow flew out on a flat stretch of road 3 hrs into my trip. Before I could get turned around some old boomer in his land yacht came cruising by at a about 50mph with 15 cars behind him. I watched him smash right into the fuggin thing and send it flying out into the rhubarb. Never even touched his brakes. No idea how he didn't see it, but I'm sure he saw some damage when he got where he was going.
There's a greasy hippy at mp 272.
Tools mostly. Best one was a Snap-On 10mm shorty ratcheting end wrench. And some money. Wife found a nice Mountain Hardware down sleeping bag in the ditch. My mom found 3 100 count rolls of stamps, just before Christmas one year. She also found a SOG Trident knife, blade wouldn't lock open so she gave it to me. I fiddled with it for few minutes and discovered there was a small piece of wood lodged in the pivot. Removed the wood and the knife works perfectly.
Best to not the best. John Deer 1/2” drive socket set with ratchet, Dewalt drill bit and driver set, more than one gas can, tow pins, and a bunch of bungee straps.
$20 piece of ass.
Last weekend I found a snap on flashlight, then this weekend I found a clevis or shackle, worth about 20 bucks.
Lots of coolers on interstate 80. They bounce off those receiver hitch cargo carriers on the back of SUV’s and RV’s
Several life jackets, a 36" Rigid pipe wrench, 5 gallons of New Holland hydraulic oil, an 8 ft. fiberglass step ladder, various hand tools, lots of lumber. My wife and I picked up a very cold archery hunter up in the mountains above Vernal, Utah. He was 2 miles from his truck.
Big roll of bills fell out of a biker chicks jeans going up the state hwy between Riverton and Dubois. There was a biker band concert at Red Rocks and they were flocking in there for a concert. Some band I'd never heard of, Stepping Wolf? Anyway it was a Saturday morning and I was pulling a boat with my 4 cyl Ranger PU. Pulled the truck over and walked back to the big roll of bills laying on the pavement. Picked it up and unrolled it to see how much. Wasn't as big as it looked. All $1's. Had a good laugh. Thought I'd hit the lottery. Went up the road after them but there were too many bikers to figure out who dropped it. Think it was $12 total. Bought a sammich and bag of chips in Dubois and caught a few trout at Trail lake. Good day!
Pipe wrench, large tubing cutter, plastic gas cans.
Found camera lenses, binocs, all sorts of stuff, when I worked Full time Yellowstone NP in the winter stuff was always falling off Sleds. Most made it back to owners.
An air over hydraulic jack, likely from a tire service truck for semi trucks. Nobody claimed and I didn't need it so I swapped it to my boss for a mag drill that I use regularly.
Vise grips, Cresent wrenches, mag light, sleeping bags, life vests, rachets, channel locks.
Worked for the DOT for 37 years. Found all kinds of good stuff. From portapowers to trail cams. One I especially recall we found a wallet that one of our mowers ran over. We searched and searched found about $300 cash and id. Contacted the guy and he accused us of stealing money. Later on I happened to find a hundred dollar bill near that spot. I put it in my pocket since it couldn't of been the dicks money cause his was stolen.
haha

i bet the mowing crews do find all kinda stuff.
Found a buck knife and sheath ,looked new. Gave it to my daughter.
Poulan chainsaw.
20 years ago there was a 3 drawer Craftsman toolbox full of mostly Craftsman tools somebody had left on the side of the road.

That somebody was me.

Driving home from college, 3 hour drive. Had a flat tire. Pulled box off the passenger seat to get the tire tools. Set on side of road. Fixed drivers side tire. Jumped back in truck and tore out of there. A few hours later go to put water pump on grandpas tractor and had no tools to do it with.

Somebody got a nice $1000 gift that day.
Some band I'd never heard of, Stepping Wolf?

Heavy brass headed hammer in the road. Still use it.

Kukri by the side of the Appalachian trail.

Left the kukri there for the same reason the owner left it. Didn't want to carry it.
Found a bag of coke in the parking garage of a hotel in Vegas once.
Originally Posted by tjm10025

Heavy brass headed hammer in the road. Still use it.

Kukri by the side of the Appalachian trail.

Left the kukri there for the same reason the owner left it. Didn't want to carry it.

Better let Happy Camper know; he can't be smiting any heathens without his kukri
Torch outfit wheeled cart, rolls of orange safety fence, a few aluminum signs, totes with tools and lots of other misc stuff. I’m always looking on my daily commute.
I’ve never found anything worthwhile. I see a lot of coolers with the lids missing and lost a life jacket once that I forgot to take out of the boat.
Stack of hustler nudie mags

And another time: a battalion size MRE case of pork, slices, mil spec gravy and 16 lbs of powdered eggs

Fuggin sweet on both accounts
same thing kinda.

guy i worked with offshore came up on a wrecked 18 wheeler hauling frozen catfish.

he went and bought a new chest freezer just ot put all the boxes in.
Not much of note on the road. Found this hanging from the top shock bolt on my wife's Tahoe back in August. Best I can tell it's 2-250 bucks worth of Snap-On gear. It had been there a while. Rusty. 1/2" drive ratchet, extension, and 21mm socket. Works great. Head scratcher for sure though.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Cat feesh???

Wabigoon’s mom.

LOL
Was she in a sarcophagus?
12" Crescent wrench with the name Squirrel Brand on it.

Found a Wallet with no money in it on the side of the road when I was about 10 took it to the Police Station as a Lost and Found deal and was acused of steeling it from the rightful owner.
20' fiberglass extension ladder, lots of tools.

WS
There's all sorts of schit in the roads here in EP. Never found anything decent though.

Slum's gonna be jealous about this though:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sat there about a week.
A box of a dozen new flocked head dakota mallards. Actually, was riding with a buddy and he stopped in a hurry on the interstate. Two had scuffs on em. We took em to duck camp and are still hunting over them.
We got a memo to turn over anything we found on the road. Which was ignored. I did bring à large snapping turtle In that was on its way to lay eggs. Held it by the tail brought it up to the boss who was a little weanie and tried to turn it in. Backed him up down the hallway. He and I didn't see eye to eye. Let the turtle go down by the river after having my fun.
Originally Posted by High_Noon
There's all sorts of schit in the roads here in EP. Never found anything decent though.

Sat there about a week.

We call that a ‘ Magnus Couch’

Our older black lab would reduce that to a field of stuffings in 2 hours.

I learned that after scarfing a couch beside a dumpster near some dorms on the Vanderbilt campus. Hauled it all the way home for a nice doggie gesture. And the mofos ate it
I knew you wouldn't let me down.

Sat there about a week.

I had a dog that would hump them cushions till they were no good for nothin, but another good humping.
Bag of weed one time on a road heading to a trailhead in Montana.

Sat there about a week.

someone dumped a recliner on the interstate near town. it sat on the side of the road for a long time. I finally made a cardboard sign to put by it......

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
A bag of bones that was a human before turning himself into an asphalt dart.

$34 when I was a wee lad back in the '60s. Grabbed it just before it blew into a storm drain.
Lots of wildlife relocated to safer places.

One was a good ol'blacksnake that stayed on the property and ate the field mice and ground moles the possums missed.
Originally Posted by Cheesy
20 years ago there was a 3 drawer Craftsman toolbox full of mostly Craftsman tools somebody had left on the side of the road.

That somebody was me.

Driving home from college, 3 hour drive. Had a flat tire. Pulled box off the passenger seat to get the tire tools. Set on side of road. Fixed drivers side tire. Jumped back in truck and tore out of there. A few hours later go to put water pump on grandpas tractor and had no tools to do it with.

Somebody got a nice $1000 gift that day.

Stoned ?

LOL
I just got done using a high carbon French chef's knife that was a gift from the good Lord. He picked it out and gave it to me as soon as my paring knife broke a while ago.

James 1:17
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
I just got done using a high carbon French chef's knife that was a gift from the good Lord. He picked it out and gave it to me as soon as my paring knife broke a while ago.

Did you seriously just post that?

No.....no way.
Unreal.
🤦‍♂️

Crappy Hamper's a broke dick that can't afford a pot to piss in so he abuses God's grace.

11/16/20 - (God provides Happy Camper with kitchen knives)
“You won't believe this, but its true.
I broke an old pairing knife at the thin part of the tang and talked to my Father about it. I wanted something of better quality that sharpens and keeps an edge better. I couldn't find any quality kitchen knives in town and just wanted a pairing knife.
Later that day, I walked to the grocery store.
On the way there, what did I see on the side of the road by itself?
It was something I never would have noticed other than some litter someone threw out their window.
It was a black fabric roll. I opened it and what did my Father give me in a most unusual surprise......FREE but not cheap???
A full set of Hinkle French Chef knives and a steel !!!!!!!
When I got, home, I cleaned them and noticed that they were brand new! God is good!”

6/25/20 – (God provides Happy Camper with Starbucks)
"The BEST Starbucks ever was not served at the coffee shop.
It was an answer to prayer. A couple months ago.
Not prayer to some impersonal universe or cosmic consciousness, no mantra chanting meditation either....Just asked my Father in the name of His Son, my best Friend.
Went to Kroger's and what did I see on shelf by itself?
A bunch of bags of Starbucks Whole beans......at $2 BUCKS PER BAG! Fresh, not outdated. No issues. Just cheaper than wholesale. Coincidence? I'm sure some atheist will say so."

6/13/20 – (Happy Camper prays for sockets)
“I had a bunch of rachets, extra too, but was missing some sockets that had cracked and a set similar to what you are asking about with sizes that I didn't have surprisingly. Now I'm not saying this to sell you mine because I need these. I just want to encourage and for you to get what you're looking for.

I asked the Lord specifically as if He were in my shop with me one day for the socket set and mini driver that I needed once in a while for mowers, etc.
Guess what Fireball?
Next thing I know, I'm driving down the road and at the busy intersection near a sport arena. I see something that caught my attention. After pulling into the parking lot, I looked down and saw a bunch of sockets strewn all over the road and a box off in the lot. There were no trucks around or jobs or I would have asked if they lost their socket set and helped pick them up.
I picked them up and put them in the insets of the kit. I was surprised to see that they were all there except for maybe one that I already had a duplicate of!!!”

7/1/20 – (The Lord provides a bat.)
"I've taught wildlife education and I'm also against harmful chemicals.
I taught a class on environmental factors of bats and human interaction. The Lord provided a live bat several days prior to my lectures..... miraculously."

Navel gayzer,

You are such.a worthless hypocrite.
You just posted some junk you found on a road that you picked up.

I on the other hand use and misuse my paring knife for years until it breaks. I could go out and buy any paring knife on earth if I decided to order one, but the BEST one was the one my Father gave me as a GIFT along with a new set of high end chef's knives right after that happened. That was no coincidence. I will never forget Who it was that gave those to me. It's not as if I couldn't afford a paring knife. The issue is that it was a great gift.

You on the other hand think that you know something about the grace of God while you drive people away from His Son. Try buying your way into heaven.

What a worthless hypocrite.
I really don't think you know the meaning of the word hypocrite.
You are immune to any form of self reflection whatsoever.

Jesus gave HC a kitchen knife.

I am not sure that was a good move for Jesus's Street cred.
I found a PENTHOUSE magazine by the side of the road when i was 12.I didn't leave the house for a couple of days.
HaHa grin
I found a stash of Playboys in a section of Tucson desert I used to walk through on my way to school in the 5th Grade.
Mom wondered why I was leaving for school so early for the next several days.
I didn't have to pray to Jesus for them either.
I found deflaves rubber blow up girlfriend.
Yep..Some GBear poop in AK

And some BBear poop in AZ
Around 1975 there was a guy working in the same mine I did. I didn't know him and now cant remember his name. But on his was to work one morning he saw a oil dipstick laying in the road so pulled over to pick it up. Not sure what he could have used it for. He got hit by a car and killed. I was around 21 at the time and said WOW, life can be short. There wasn't a Darwin award in 1975.
Originally Posted by NVhntr

Crappy Hamper's a broke dick that can't afford a pot to piss in so he abuses God's grace.

11/16/20 - (God provides Happy Camper with kitchen knives)
“You won't believe this, but its true.
I broke an old pairing knife at the thin part of the tang and talked to my Father about it. I wanted something of better quality that sharpens and keeps an edge better. I couldn't find any quality kitchen knives in town and just wanted a pairing knife.
Later that day, I walked to the grocery store.
On the way there, what did I see on the side of the road by itself?
It was something I never would have noticed other than some litter someone threw out their window.
It was a black fabric roll. I opened it and what did my Father give me in a most unusual surprise......FREE but not cheap???
A full set of Hinkle French Chef knives and a steel !!!!!!!
When I got, home, I cleaned them and noticed that they were brand new! God is good!”

6/25/20 – (God provides Happy Camper with Starbucks)
"The BEST Starbucks ever was not served at the coffee shop.
It was an answer to prayer. A couple months ago.
Not prayer to some impersonal universe or cosmic consciousness, no mantra chanting meditation either....Just asked my Father in the name of His Son, my best Friend.
Went to Kroger's and what did I see on shelf by itself?
A bunch of bags of Starbucks Whole beans......at $2 BUCKS PER BAG! Fresh, not outdated. No issues. Just cheaper than wholesale. Coincidence? I'm sure some atheist will say so."

6/13/20 – (Happy Camper prays for sockets)
“I had a bunch of rachets, extra too, but was missing some sockets that had cracked and a set similar to what you are asking about with sizes that I didn't have surprisingly. Now I'm not saying this to sell you mine because I need these. I just want to encourage and for you to get what you're looking for.

I asked the Lord specifically as if He were in my shop with me one day for the socket set and mini driver that I needed once in a while for mowers, etc.
Guess what Fireball?
Next thing I know, I'm driving down the road and at the busy intersection near a sport arena. I see something that caught my attention. After pulling into the parking lot, I looked down and saw a bunch of sockets strewn all over the road and a box off in the lot. There were no trucks around or jobs or I would have asked if they lost their socket set and helped pick them up.
I picked them up and put them in the insets of the kit. I was surprised to see that they were all there except for maybe one that I already had a duplicate of!!!”

7/1/20 – (The Lord provides a bat.)
"I've taught wildlife education and I'm also against harmful chemicals.
I taught a class on environmental factors of bats and human interaction. The Lord provided a live bat several days prior to my lectures..... miraculously."

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz?
My friends all drive Porsches, I must make amends
Worked hard all my lifetime, no help from my friends
So Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz?
👍👍👍 laugh
Navel gayzer,

You are such.a worthless hypocrite.
You just posted some junk you found on a road that you picked up.

I on the other hand use and misuse my paring knife for years until it breaks. I could go out and buy any paring knife on earth if I decided to order one, but the BEST one was the one my Father gave me as a GIFT along with a new set of high end chef's knives right after that happened. That was no coincidence. I will never forget Who it was that gave those to me. It's not as if I couldn't afford a paring knife. The issue is that it was a great gift.

You on the other hand think that you know something about the grace of God while you drive people away from His Son. Try buying your way into heaven.

What a worthless hypocrite.

You seem to forget what you posted earlier - please refer NVhntr's quotes that he kindly provides so that you can refresh your memory.
3 bails of weed, and a hat full of white powder stuffed into a cow carcass south and west of Amato Az.. All on different days ,different years. Nothing on the road though.
Twice, locations were within 1 mile of each other.

Decided to take the interstate to the farm one morning. Not in the forecast, but there was a light rain in the area, that ended prior to my arrival. As I turned right from the offramp, onto the gravel road, I spy bright, sparkly things at the next gravel road intersection. These sparkly things were really shiny because of the rain that had passed through earlier. Got out, and imagine my surprise, but this was the beginning of picking up MANY Snap On sockets, wrenches, extensions, etc, etc. Easily a large milk crate FULL of Snap On tools. Looked, but did not see a toolbox in any of the ditches and the rain washed any tire tracks that may have been there.

Spent the long day on the tractor thinking about the good luck of finding several thousand dollars worth of Snappy on the road. When I returned home that night, eating a late dinner by myself, mom asked how my day had been. Told her, it started out great. Found a bunch of tools on the gravel road heading to the farm. Step dad piped up......where was this at? Yeah.......the road box dumped out of the back of his pickup that morning. Needless to say......I did not get to keep them.

SAME offramp, a year later, found a wallet laying in the center of the offramp at the top. Obviously some trucker, heading to Canada, turned on this offramp and locked up the brakes. Not sure what the problem was, but dual black marks for 100 feet. EVERYTHING was in the wallet. 1400 in cash (U.S. and Canada), credit cards, driver's license, etc. No clue when he had passed thru, but tossed the wallet in the pickup and went to farming. Turned in the wallet at the sheriff's office late that night. About three weeks later, I got a thank you and a $100 in the mail from the guy.
My wife.
New 10x12 poly tarp and once a Rubbermaid trash can- looked pretty new, still using it. That's it.

I need to drive the roads you guys are driving.

At a river-side make-out spot near Galena, AK I found a woman's wallet with about $60 in it. Returned.

I wonder how she lost it... the wallet I mean. smile
Originally Posted by ShaunRyan
My wife.

I have found a ton of stuff over the years. Latest was a claw hammer just a few days ago. I have a craftsman 3/8 inch ratchet and a snapon 3/8 inch ratchet that I still use found on the same stretch of road (I-40) near Texarkana, Arkansas. I have given away more tools that most people have, that I found on the side of the road. I surveyed for the Arkansas Highway Department for 37 years and did a lot of walking down the side of the roads, from big to small. Tarp straps by the thousands.
Both rubber and nylon with the winches. I had friends in the trucking industry that got those. I picked up so much stuff that the co-workers got to calling me Sanford and Son. smile Had a meeting one time and they told us we had to turn that stuff in, so I told them that I would just leave it laying there and they could hire people to pick it up. Of course I had enough years to retire at the time. miles
Used to carry a coal shovel and 10 gallon steel trash can (WITH a lid)... scooped up roadkill and hung it over a fish pond in chicken wire... flies laid larvae, larvae became maggots, maggots fell into the fish pond... fish were fat.

Not anymore.

Now I just look for used furniture after a heavy rain.
grandfather used to work for the county road department - mostly mowing. He had all kinds of stories of finding stuff.

moonshine stashes, tools, a stack of playboy magazines, lots of stuff that just fell out of trucks like chainsaws , tanks, compressors....

he told me he came up on a crate of Belgium Browning shotguns wrapped up still in cosmoline or whatever they shipped them in.

He made it a point to not touch anything he knew was likely illegal or stolen.Said he left it where he found it. That must have been hard, he loved Brownings.

After watching No Country for Old Men, I understand why he never picked up any of it.

a few weeks ago I was driving down I-75 and saw a Husqvarna push mower in the median. I might have stopped had I saw it in time to slow down and get over. I suspect it fell off a landscapers rig. Motor might have been salvageable.

My BIL had a table saw he was particularly proud of and left it with my dad while my sis and him moved into their new house. He asked my dad to bring it over one day so dad and I throw it in the back of the truck. Dad wasn't much for slowing down on windy roads, takes a turn and that table saw flips out of the back of the truck and rolls down a steep kudzu covered hill. He gets out , looks down at that mangled saw at the bottom of this hill, looks at me and says "I ain't getting that". We get in the truck and never mention it again.
No, not a damn thing.
Moving a tractor on my implement trailer the other day from the north farm to the south down I 44 just on the south side of Lawton saw what looked like a piece of flat stock on the side of the road. Turned the rig around and picked up over $1500 worth of 3/16"x6"x20' cold roll steel strewn down both sides of an overpass.
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]
Came around a curve on the farm to market road coming back to ranch, and there was a cooler in the road.

Stopped and pulled it to side, and it was heavy. Brand new Yeti Tundra 105. It was heavy because it was full to the top with beer and ice. grin

Only had very light scuffing on one corner. Put a flyer up on the community board, but nobody ever claimed it. Guess it's mine by now... smile
Nice Stihl chainsaw in the case, 1989 and my son still uses it. Nikon rangefinder, he still uses that, as well.
Knife made in Gladstone MI? On my birthday no less. Upper Green River
Originally Posted by slumlord
Stack of hustler nudie mags

And another time: a battalion size MRE case of pork, slices, mil spec gravy and 16 lbs of powdered eggs

Fuggin sweet on both accounts

I talked to a guy who had a brother. The brother new a guy who's cousin found a lost Trunk Monkey on the side of the road.

Sweet!

Been at my brother's ranch out of town, and went to go home, and saw a Starbucks, whipped in to get a cup of coffee for the road. Cold, wet and drizzling...

Walking inside, I found a folded $100 bill in the parking lot.

Told the cute girl working inside I'd found it, and if anyone came in reporting losing it, to call me, and I'd return it. Gave her my card with my phone number on it. She got my large coffee, and said no charge.

Double win! smile

Nobody called. Kept that $100 bill for a few years in my wallet, but I guess it got mixed up with others. May still have it... dunno.
Saw a bale of cotton on the side of the road one time, in a curve down toward Pine Bluff, Ar. I was in a truck with a camper shell, so let it stay for somebody else. miles
Originally Posted by WV_Airedale
Knife made in Gladstone MI? On my birthday no less. Upper Green River

There are several knife makers in that area.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=rapid+river+knives
Small trolly jack in a case . A video camera with tape that helped me find the owner( my neighbor).
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Nobody called. Kept that $100 bill for a few years in my wallet, but I guess it got mixed up with others. May still have it... dunno.

LOL
Back In the late 80’s my dad found a Buck 110 opened on the road during deer season. The tip had been chipped off. He gave the knife to me. I reformed the blade and sharpened it. I had no sheath so never really used it. Several years ago I made a sheath after starting to play with leather.

About 2 years ago I was in a home working with a patient. The son was into knives and axes. Because of a felony he could no longer possess firearms. He asked if I’d like to buy a Rockchucker that he’d bought in the 70’s. Then he brought up the idea of trading. I happened to remember the 110 that I didn’t use. I mentioned that and he said “deal”. While not a direct find the find led to a pretty good outcome

Other than that miscellaneous bits of tools is about all that I’ve found. I do keep an eye out for good stuff.
I found 9 $100.00 bills and a single folded up nicely in the parking area after a little league game years ago… called the coach to let him know…. About an hour later I got a call from my son’s wrestling coach who told me the exact $$ amount he dropped at the game…. He was glad it was me that found it.
Yesterday I picked up a ring necked pheasant some chick hit in front of me with her Rav4. Thanks for dinner.
A few snapping turtles.
A woman's purse - mailed it to her.
A woman's wallet - her [bleep] boyfriend came to my house and snapped it out of my hands without a word of thanks.
A decoy bag filled with new mallard decoys - right in the middle of Hwy 2 in North Dakota at 3AM.
Stuff sack with a camping pillow.
One 5lb sledge hammer
Lots of tools.
A few bills/cash.
A ladies rent check which she was very glad to have back.
Found a guys wallet in McDonalds. A trucker had stopped and ate and left it. I got ahold of him before he even realized he'd left it.
Lots of tools. An extendable handle the commercial pool cleaners use. I modified it with a fruit picking basket on the end and added another length. Pick avocados out of my taller trees with it.

Most recently, a $10 bill as I was walking into Marshall's to buy an All-Clad nonstick fry pan.
A hand truck, apparently lost off of a delivery truck. There's no end to the uses for one. However, by the time I could stop and turn around, someone else recognized it for it's usefulness.
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Miller plasma cutter

Also found a wallet in a parking lot with 23-24 hundred dollars in it.
Picked up a race track. Thought it was the coolest thing ever.

Cal and Richard cars.

Other than that it’s thumbs down.
Miller plasma cutter

Did they smell like cocaine?
Huh. Now thinking about it, a old timer found us and got us to the main road 3 hours later.
Lol good road hunt.
I found a bundle of 30 sticks of 1/2" rebar along a county road. The bundle stayed there for about a week. I think a trucker had dumped it off a trailer as it was in an area where truckers would take a back road to bypass the scales on I-5. But occasionally the DOT would set up jump scales on the county road and the bundle was about 1 mile before the jump scale location. I finally took my trailer and picked them up.
Found a woman’s purse by the road one day. There was a piece of mail right on top with her address, so I drove back the couple of miles to the house…nobody home so I hung it on the doorknob inside the side porch.
A cow moose.

It didn't turn out well for either of us.
I know it happens but I don't get how people lose wallets full of money. The few times in my life when I was walking around with a few thousand in cash on me, I held onto that like it was , well, a few thousand dollars.
i found a wallet with about 75-80 bucks in it a couple of years ago. took it to the guys house and his parents thought i was some kind of whacko and didn't want to answer the door. when they finally opened the door and took the wallet they just stood there looking at me. not even sure if they said thanks. they were bitching about their son being late for work. pretty weird.
A very good 4 foot step ladder.
A loaded Colt AR-15 magazine.
A huge K-Mart folding knife.
Various tools, tow straps, log chains.
$20.00 bill
Originally Posted by ironbender
Miller plasma cutter

Did they smell like cocaine?

Lol, don’t think so..
Lived in Key Largo back in the early 90's during the cocaine cowboy days. Took boats out all the time and every person you ran into would impress upon you, whatever you do, if you see a big bundle floating in the water to get the hell away from it and don't even think about trying to fish it out of the water. Saw a big 3'x3'x3' cube wrapped in tons of shrink wrap and covered in tape one time. Turned the boat and ran like hell for the dock. Always figured that could have set me for life if I'd have taken a chance.... or got me aerated.
I've lost about as much!
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Lots of tools.
A few bills/cash.
A ladies rent check which she was very glad to have back.
Found a guys wallet in McDonalds. A trucker had stopped and ate and left it. I got ahold of him before he even realized he'd left it.

Good job Fireballz.

LOL
Oh, and a brand-new wheelbarrow.
Gutted and tagged deer. Smallish buck. Drove to a check in station and gave it to the staff. They laughed hope the guy got his deer back
I found a perfectly good 4' stepladder on the way into Boston. Then a couple years later, on the same stretch of road, that same 4' stepladder flew out of the back of my truck. I watched it in the rear view mirror as it spun down the expressway, careening onto the grassy median. Unlike the day I'd found it, there was lots of traffic. So, there was no way I was stopping. Thankfully, it didn't hit anyone. I felt lucky on both days.
Nothing really good, last time I remember, a body that had been hit by a truck.
Found a set of tools like this one.

I actually found about 8-10 wrenches today, no 10mm though.
Originally Posted by viking

I think the 10mm ones just evaporate
Found my deer in the road a week or so back after a quick 60 yard death run. Made for an easy recovery.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]
that looks like one of the roads Keith Warren rides down with a 3pt hitch corn spreader. grin
That’s an awesome deer. Hope I find one like that this weekend.
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by viking

I think the 10mm ones just evaporate

It probably got up and hopped into the nearest culvert.
I found a busted up plastic gang box with all sorts of drywall tools scattered all over a gravel road near my house. I gathered them up and took pictures and put it out on FB that I had found them. A gal I know recognized them as they belonged to her brother.

I met and handed them back to the owner the next day and the jackass never even said thank you.
Several gas cans, some hand tools and the best I remember was a new roll of 1/2 in PEX. I was in the middle of replacing a bunch of gray pipe in the house I had at the time.

Rodger, I witnessed a teenager get hit and run over twice.

I'd risk getting run over for a good gas can without the .g0v spout.
not found anything of any value.
I found a 20 bill in the parking lot on the way to get a coffee after work, well the server got the change after paying for coffee.
I did not earn it (found money) so someone bought me coffee.
Was headed to a job site and thinking another wheel barrow would be nice, there it was on the side of the road. picked it up and proceed to the job. A truck pulled up at the job site and informed me it was his wb, AHH its in my truck.
Told him I will use it to load my material and park it behind my truck. it was gone when we finished I hope he was the one that took it.
Lots of deer growing up
About 3 years ago on an early January morning, I came across a plastic snow sled full of ice fishing gear. Everything from rods and tip-ups to a gas ice auger. I grabbed it up, (thankfully there wasn't much traffic yet) and continued on to work.

After looking over what was in the sled, I found out that some of the items were sold only at a local bait shop, so I called the bait shop and let them know that I had found some stuff that one of their customers may have lost. It turned out that the owner of the gear was in the store at that moment, I guess hoping that whoever had found it would turn it in or call. We spoke and arranged for him to pick up his stuff.
For a few years I worked at a location near a lot of distribution warehouses, HD and the like, and I too learned the craft of picking the tarp straps up off the road without stopping. My favorite find was box turtles.
My dad was a local delivery truck driver in the 60’s and 70’s. Every single night when he got home from work, I’d ask him, “Did you find anything in the street”?

This line of daily questioning started for me when dad showed me a pocketknife he’d found in the road. Weirdest thing he brought home was a dark brown Mink he saw get hit by a car. Thing looked like a weasel to me. My older brother took it to a taxidermist and had it mounted.

When my brother died, that mink went somewhere, probably a dumpster by one of his kids hands.

Wish I had it, now. I’d call it “Road Kill” or Roady for short.

🦫
Originally Posted by Rooster7
I found a busted up plastic gang box with all sorts of drywall tools scattered all over a gravel road near my house. I gathered them up and took pictures and put it out on FB that I had found them. A gal I know recognized them as they belonged to her brother.

I met and handed them back to the owner the next day and the jackass never even said thank you.

Wow, that's something... What a jackazz.
Originally Posted by DMc
Originally Posted by Rooster7

Wow, that's something... What a jackazz.

Drywallers are usually alcoholics anyway.

i lost an excavator bucket off my trailer the other day. Strap came loose and off it went. Could have killed 27 people but thankfully the road was empty. Backed the tilt deck trailer up to and winched it on with a strap. Off I went.
I thought Roofers were. grin

Slummy.
When I was 11 or 12 a bakery truck dropped a box of 6 cakes out of the back door I guess. Split the cakes with a buddy I was with. Tasty dessert that night.
2 years ago while hunting in KY ...I found a little Shizu in the road... He was laying on the yellow line!!!!He was ate up with fleas and starving.. I opened the door and he jumped in....took him to camp and gave him a flea dip and something to eat....He is the best dog I have ever had quite a character and we'll mannered...the grandkids love him ..
I found my own Snap-On ratchet that I left laying in the frame of the truck I was working on.
© 24hourcampfire