Home
I'm not staying glued on it but trying to check up occasionally
https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/hu...berys-family/3TKIYHSVORAVNI5TFCCQJ3SRD4/
He was a good boy
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
I'm not staying glued on it but trying to check up occasionally

Keep us updated.
I really dont know what to think. I think we all agree he was up to no good, but to chase him down in a truck and jump out with a shotgun....

If it wasnt filmed, we wouldnt even be talking about this case.

Originally Posted by killerv
I really dont know what to think. I think we all agree he was up to no good, but to chase him down in a truck and jump out with a shotgun....

That's liberal BS. You are not required to go unarmed when you endeavor to detain a burglar for the police. It was Arbery's grabbing of the shotgun that got him killed. What should the defendant have done? Let a suspected burglar wrest the shotgun from his grip?
He was known to steal.
And use "jogging" as a cover.

Reportedly laughed about it.

Finally got caught by folks a little more serious, and IMHO he knew the game was over, and why he went for the gun.

Some folks, when they see their crap aint gonna cut it...........push things to the max.

SOP for certain criminals.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

That's liberal BS. You are not required to go unarmed when you endeavor to detain a burglar for the police. It was Arbery's grabbing of the shotgun that got him killed. What should the defendant have done? Let a suspected burglar wrest the shotgun from his grip?

I didn't say if it was legal or illegal....but would you have done what they did?
Originally Posted by hookeye
He was known to steal.
And use "jogging" as a cover.

Reportedly laughed about it.

Finally got caught by folks a little more serious, and IMHO he knew the game was over, and why he went for the gun.

Some folks, when they see their crap aint gonna cut it...........push things to the max.

SOP for certain criminals.

Judge wouldnt allow any of his priors in court.
I don't know about his priors. There was no record on the videos of him stealing anything.
I just heard on the news yesterday that he wanted to be electrician like his uncle. That could easily explain his interest in the house under construction. Early in my career I would look at homes under construction to see how things were done.
The situation is sad, if he hadn't rushed the gun he'd still be alive. Sit on the curd and wait for the cops.
Originally Posted by NVhntr
I don't know about his priors. There was no record on the videos of him stealing anything.
I just heard on the news yesterday that he wanted to be electrician like his uncle. That could easily explain his interest in the house under construction. Early in my career I would look at homes under construction to see how things were done.
The situation is sad, if he hadn't rushed the gun he'd still be alive. Sit on the curd and wait for the cops.

He had a couple for sure, I think one was a gun charge from 2013, at a school. Local law enforcement called him "the jogger" because that was his excuse for every time they had to deal with him. They tried to get police reports, etc admitted from his earlier altercations but judge said no.
Out of a Savannah Paper

"In a written order, Superior Court Judge Timothy Walmsley ruled evidence of Arbery’s past run-ins with the law could unfairly “lead the jury to believe that although Arbery did not apparently commit any felony that day, he may pose future dangerousness in that he would eventually commit more alleged crimes, and therefore, the Defendants’ actions were somehow justified.”

“The character of victim is neither relevant nor admissible in murder trial,” the judge wrote in his ruling Monday."

"Arbery was unarmed when he was killed. Prosecutors have said nothing was stolen from the construction site and Arbery was merely jogging.

Defense attorneys have also asked the judge to let them introduce evidence Arbery suffered from a mental illness. Walmsley has not ruled on that request.

Arbery pleaded guilty to charges he carried a gun onto a high school campus in 2013, a year after he graduated. Rodney Ellis, police chief for the Glynn County school system, testified at Wednesday’s hearing that Arbery tried to evade officers on foot and stopped only when two of them pointed guns at him.

He was also arrested in 2017 on charges that he tried to steal a TV from a Walmart store. Court records show he pleaded guilty to shoplifting. Arbery was on probation at the time of his death."
Rushing an armed man is a very bad idea, in Brunswick, Ga. or Kenosha, WI.
https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/ahmaud-arbery-murder-trial-day-9-travis-mcmichael-takes-the-stand
Those boys are going to the Big House.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

The Big House is in Macon and is an awesome Allman Bro museum.

https://thebighousemuseum.com/

I think the question is “how long.”

They will probably re-institute hanging for this one.
These guys will get found guilty! Right or wrong! Sad on both sides, when they could have called the police and kept him under observation. There is a time for armed confrontation, this wasn't one of them.
Wonder what the theft rate is around there now, since that one taken off the observation list.

As well they should.

Under the Big House!
They should have sniped Aubrey for 100 yards away.
[quote=hookeye]

He shouldn't, it's completely irrelevant.

It wouldn't even matter if he was running down the road with a wheelbarrow full of stolen stuff, you don't get your shotgun and jump in the back of a truck and chase the fucgher down. He's going to be found guilty for all the right reasons.
they should have confronted the young criminal, but not with a shotgun. at the most, with a pistol in a holster. and when they saw he was unarmed, they dont draw the pistol.
They should've let the folks with qualified impunity deal with him.
But then again trying to wrestle a shotgun from a stranger is pretty dumb.

What did the burglar have when he was "arrested"?
Originally Posted by Ringman

What did the burglar have when he was "arrested"?

History..

Yep
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

As well they should.

At least the nig is dead.
Dizzamn Tyrone.
Lol
He richly deserved the lead injection.
The Defense has rested
"Arbery was unarmed when he was killed."

Not true.

he had a shotgun in his hand.
3 crackers will be ded once they hit general population
That's what the brand is for retard.
Closing arguments on Monday
I haven't been paying attention. Are all 3 charged with homicide??
It's not illegal to get out of a vehicle with a gun in Georgia. Wasn't the muzzle of the gun pointed in a safe direction until someone tried to steal the gun? Shouldn't a person have the right to try and keep another person from stealing their gun? The fact is they didn't want to kill the negro, how hard can it be to shoot someone who is jogging down the road with a shotgun? He was shot and killed in self-defense.
Originally Posted by NVhntr

He had a couple for sure, I think one was a gun charge from 2013, at a school. Local law enforcement called him "the jogger" because that was his excuse for every time they had to deal with him. They tried to get police reports, etc admitted from his earlier altercations but judge said no.

He was on probation when it happened..
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard

He shouldn't, it's completely irrelevant.

It wouldn't even matter if he was running down the road with a wheelbarrow full of stolen stuff, you don't get your shotgun and jump in the back of a truck and chase the fucgher down. He's going to be found guilty for all the right reasons.

What would The Virginian, Steve, and Trampas have done? And good Judge Garth would have thought it completely appropriate and consistent with the law, and he'd be right.
Originally Posted by Fubarski
"Arbery was unarmed when he was killed."

Not true.

he had a shotgun in his hand.

Bingo!
When Jesse Jackson showed up in court with the dead guy’s mom it didn’t help the defendants any.

In the heat of the moment they did something really dumb, sad deal.
Those guys exercised their right to be stupid w/ great vigor.

mike r
The McMichaels did nothing wrong.

As well they should.

Yep.
Originally Posted by Tyrone
They should have sniped Aubrey for 100 yards away.

As well they should.

At least the nig is dead.

We’ve come to a low point in our nation’s history. Our “justice system” is broken and it seeks to protect the guilty. I would NEVER chase or attempt to apprehend someone over a real or imagined theft. The law no longer matters, all that matters anymore is perception and emotion. Observe, report and follow at a safe distance then let the cops handle it. Blacks are a protected class these days no matter what they’ve done!

I wouldn’t throw my life away for this.
It's a case about self defense and property protection. I have no faith in our courts. They were rigged for the haves.
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
We’ve come to a low point in our nation’s history. Our “justice system” is broken and it seeks to protect the guilty. I would NEVER chase or attempt to apprehend someone over a real or imagined theft. The law no longer matters, all that matters anymore is perception and emotion. Observe, report and follow at a safe distance then let the cops handle it. Blacks are a protected class these days no matter what they’ve done!

I wouldn’t throw my life away for this.

Rocket science for some apparently.
Originally Posted by urbaneruralite
It's a case about self defense and property protection. I have no faith in our courts. They were rigged for the haves.

I get the self defense part once the barrel is grabbed...but you could also make the argument Aubrey was defending himself in a "fight or flight" moment with a shotgun in his face. I think he was up to no good, but it cant be proven in court.

And it wasnt their property, and he had no stolen items on him. If I'm not mistaken false imprisonment is one of the charges.

If I see someone I dont recognize come out of my neighbors open garage, I'm not going to go chasing them down with my vehicle and jump out with a gun.

Do you think they would have done this if the guy was white? Think they would have assumed it was a just construction guy working or checking on the house if he was white?

These jokers made a very stupid decision and are going to pay the price for it. Hopefully it takes some heat off a hopefully not guilty Rittenhouse verdict.
These dudes were highly motivated, likely due to repeated/extensive thefts in the area. Also likely is a lack luster response from local law enforcement regarding the issue. These boys took matters into their own hands, possibly out of sheer frustration. I’m sure they never expected the jogger to try and disarm them. Pretty arrogant and stupid on his part. The whole plan blew up in their face when Arbrey took the offensive.

I get the self defense part once the barrel is grabbed...but you could also make the argument Aubrey was defending himself in a "fight or flight" moment with a shotgun in his face.
There was never a shotgun in his face. It was merely being held by the defendant when Arbery grabbed it, and the struggle ensued.
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
These dudes were highly motivated, likely due to repeated/extensive thefts in the area. Also likely is a lack luster response from local law enforcement regarding the issue. These boys took matters into their own hands, possibly out of sheer frustration. I’m sure they never expected the jogger to try and disarm them. Pretty arrogant and stupid on his part. The whole plan blew up in their face when Arbrey took the offensive.

Groids tend to go for broke when confronted by authority.
They beat people to death, attack armed officers/ civilians.
Often over petty issues.

0 to 100 in an nano second.

Groid rage.

Posted by others, cops beaten to death or brain death, by unarmed groids.

Violence is in their blood. Sometimes they need to leak a lot of it.

I get the self defense part once the barrel is grabbed...but you could also make the argument Aubrey was defending himself in a "fight or flight" moment with a shotgun in his face.
There was never a shotgun in his face. It was merely being held by the defendant when Arbery grabbed it, and the struggle ensued.

Thats what I heard also.
The video appears to show him starting grabbing for the gun in front of the truck which is partially blocked, the gun appeared to be leveled off as he came around the truck. You are right though, he could have been aiming at the chest.

https://www.wsbtv.com/video/raw-vid...started-case/2BB3HRY33YBC6MPOXORJ2WVUKM/
Aubrey was successfully running away and then attacked for no reason.

I get the self defense part once the barrel is grabbed...but you could also make the argument Aubrey was defending himself in a "fight or flight" moment with a shotgun in his face. I think he was up to no good, but it cant be proven in court.

And it wasnt their property, and he had no stolen items on him. If I'm not mistaken false imprisonment is one of the charges.

If I see someone I dont recognize come out of my neighbors open garage, I'm not going to go chasing them down with my vehicle and jump out with a gun.

Do you think they would have done this if the guy was white? Think they would have assumed it was a just construction guy working or checking on the house if he was white?

These jokers made a very stupid decision and are going to pay the price for it. Hopefully it takes some heat off a hopefully not guilty Rittenhouse verdict.

Yes, if he was a white trash meth head it would have been the same. In my experience the white is trickier to handle. Further, I grew up in a South where stealing watermelons was a sport. If you never got shot at for trespassing to fish a pond were you really a boy?

There's evidence of him looking for stuff to steal in the neighborhood.

Do you ever get those meat trucks casing your neighborhood? We used to. I'm why we don't anymore. Cops couldn't help and one of our trigger happiest deputies lived next door.

Cops can't do everything. When we try to apply law where law doesn't work we get this disaster. They were right to try to run him off. The jogger was wrong to be there and dead wrong to try to take on a shotgun. The residents were only in error legally and politically because we as a society are wrong to try to use law where it will not work.

If they are convicted it is misapplication of law and destruction of culture. There are places in Brunswick I'll go for lunch, where I know I'm not welcome nor safe come evening. I wouldn't go because I might have to kill somebody. There is no need to involve police. The system works fine.
If they are convicted it is misapplication of law and destruction of culture.

Truer words were never written.
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
It's not illegal to get out of a vehicle with a gun in Georgia. Wasn't the muzzle of the gun pointed in a safe direction until someone tried to steal the gun? Shouldn't a person have the right to try and keep another person from stealing their gun? The fact is they didn't want to kill the negro, how hard can it be to shoot someone who is jogging down the road with a shotgun? He was shot and killed in self-defense.

The difference in this opinion and some others here is that the writer likely has an idea of what it's like in Brunswick. Those who differ would be enlightened by taking a stroll around the A-Z lettered streets down there. If inconvenient substitute MLK Ave or Blvd in any city in GA.
The video appears to show him starting grabbing for the gun in front of the truck which is partially blocked, the gun appeared to be leveled off as he came around the truck. You are right though, he could have been aiming at the chest.

https://www.wsbtv.com/video/raw-vid...started-case/2BB3HRY33YBC6MPOXORJ2WVUKM/

Naturally, during the struggle, the orientation of the muzzle was towards Arbery. When Arbery started his attack, it was not aimed at him, however.

Truer words were never written.[/quote]
Agreed.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Truer words were never written.

Destruction of culture?
crazy
© 24hourcampfire