Home
Yep, the Lord of the Rings among other things film guy. If you had the chance to see his amazing colorized film They shall not grow old (and you should) a couple years ago the short documentary after started to highlight both his WW-I collection as well as his personal connection to the war. This film is mostly about the aviation side and is really worth the 45 minutes or so to watch.

Whenever I make it down to NZ someday I'm going to be sure and make this a stop.

I know COVID and the NZ response really hit his business hard and things like Wingnut plastic models are likely gone more than suspended.

Very cool, Pugs.

Thanks.

And HD, too. Thanks so much, Pugs. I skimmed through it this morning but will go back to it this evening for a careful viewing.
Awesome Thanks.

Thanks for posting this. It would be great to visit down under and see it in person.
100 years ago or so...amazing collection that is.
Thanks! That’s incredible. If I made it that far I would want to go to Australia to the Australian Armor and Artillery Museum.
Mark
That's a Sopwith Pup isn't it? Even if it is French, my Favorite Allied A/C was the SPAD....

Would be a wonderful museum to visit....

When I was a kid, I sure use to love the field trips down to London, to visit the Imperial War Museum. They had a lot of old WW 1 A/C reproductions, hanging all over the place.
Amazing. He's made over 80 different kits:

http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/
Cool video. thanks for posting!
That was great. Watching it reminded me of one of my favorite movies when I was a kid. It was called High Road to China and had Tom Selleck as a biplane pilot and WW1 vet.

Bb
Originally Posted by g5m
Amazing. He's made over 80 different kits:

http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/

Alas, I think they're done and out of business. Still a lot of kits out there. I've never built one but I have a friend who is truly a master builder, especially of pre-WW-II models, and he says they are quite possible the finest plastic models ever made.

Another hobby I enjoy and something to get back to in retirement.
Enjoyed the entire video.....Jackson certainly has invested millions in his WWI collection.
Thank you for posting this, I really enjoyed it and shared it also.
© 24hourcampfire