Home
I order a lot from them. Have for many years. Recently, I punched in the search term "7x57 Mauser," and several results popped up. I searched for the cheapest and clicked, then went through the finalization process. Today, two boxes of 6.5x57 Mauser arrived, not 7x57 Mauser. I checked my order history, and indeed, that's what I appear to have ordered. Now, sure, I should have looked more carefully at what popped up on my search for 7x57 Mauser before clicking, so there's that, but when I called and explained that this purchase option popped up on a search for 7x57 Mauser, they should have agreed to accept it in return, but refused, due to policy on ammo. So I was forced to eat the loss. I guess I understand the reason for the policy, but still not thrilled.
Classifieds...best of luck!
Originally Posted by SAcharlie
Classifieds...best of luck!

Yep, I will sell them one way or another. I've sold ammo to the pawn broker down the street before, but at a huge discount. Same at gun shows. They have to be able to resell it at a profit.
Posted By: ldholton Re: Not Happy With Midway USA - 11/25/21
Loaded ammo I assume? You really can't blame them for the no return policy.
Yeah, like I say, I can understand the policy. Still not a happy customer.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Not Happy With Midway USA - 11/25/21
Reason for a loony purchase of a new rifle.
Originally Posted by Valsdad

LOL. There's that.
I ordered a game camera from Midway for my grandson for Christmas. I gave it to him when he was visiting during the holidays. When he went to set it up in North Carolina where he lives, it didn't work. Midway would not send an RMA to his address. They said he'd have to ship it at his expense, or ship it to me so that I could ship it to them on the RMA. No more gifts from Midway.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Not Happy With Midway USA - 11/25/21
Sounds like by the way you type it that you were right and they just made an error.

They should eat the 6.5 and let you keep it and apply credit to the 7x57 and get it on the way.

That's more better!
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I ordered a game camera from Midway for my grandson for Christmas. I gave it to him when he was visiting during the holidays. When he went to set it up in North Carolina where he lives, it didn't work. Midway would not send an RMA to his address. They said he'd have to ship it at his expense, or ship it to me so that I could ship it to them on the RMA. No more gifts from Midway.

You tell them to KMA ?
Posted By: goalie Re: Not Happy With Midway USA - 11/25/21
Originally Posted by slumlord
Sounds like by the way you type it that you were right and they just made an error.

They should eat the 6.5 and let you keep it and apply credit to the 7x57 and get it on the way.

No, he ordered the wrong ammo. They sent the (wrong) ammo he ordered.

It's not his fault he ordered the wrong ammo, it's the search function's fault.

šŸ™„
Posted By: rem141r Re: Not Happy With Midway USA - 11/25/21
do it again but don't finalize to see if it happens again. if so, send them a pic and demand a refund.
Havenā€™t done business with Midway in many years.
Posted By: GAGoober Re: Not Happy With Midway USA - 11/25/21
Did they have any 7x57 in stock?
Have never had a problem with Midwayusa.
I bought 1% milk at the grocery store the other day. Meant to buy 2%. I hear you, it sucks.
Posted By: GAGoober Re: Not Happy With Midway USA - 11/25/21
I like MidSouth much better although I think Slummy & Rene have some insiders there and get the good stuff

You tell them to KMA ?

LOL, yep.
Originally Posted by goalie

šŸ™„

Yeah.

Might be time for some better readers. The dollar store ones aint cutting it.

šŸ™„

Well ok

I have a good eyes but short attention span

Bout halfway through all that I was thinking about them concentration camps and then genoā€™s chickens and what would have happened to genoā€™s chickens if he had gotten seriously hurt and then I also thought about hawkeye, heā€™s got got chickens too and I wondered if he has a mini Birkenau

hmm

And then shamanā€™s left nut and tikkanutā€™s Lexus

Sheesh
And I didnt realize paul barnham migjt have vitiligo
Originally Posted by GAGoober

Yes 139s and 140s.

šŸ™„

Well ok

I have a good eyes but short attention span

Bout halfway through all that I was thinking about them concentration camps and then genoā€™s chickens and what would have happened to genoā€™s chickens if he had gotten seriously hurt and then I also thought about hawkeye, heā€™s got got chickens too and I wondered if he has a mini Birkenau

hmm

And then shamanā€™s left nut and tikkanutā€™s Lexus

Sheesh

šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚

We still need to get that haircut GoFundMe going
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Not Happy With Midway USA - 11/25/21
Originally Posted by copperking81
I bought 1% milk at the grocery store the other day. Meant to buy 2%. I hear you, it sucks.

Yeah, but did you blame the store and start a thread about how you're unhappy with them?
Posted By: skeen Re: Not Happy With Midway USA - 11/25/21
Originally Posted by NVhntr

Yeah, but did you blame the store and start a thread about how you're unhappy with them?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Originally Posted by GAGoober

Yep.

LOL. grin

Say, don't they just email a RMA now?

Posted By: Valsdad Re: Not Happy With Midway USA - 11/25/21

Was it listed on the same webpage as 2% though?
Yes, they do, and Paul could mail it to his grandson.
Originally Posted by ldholton
Loaded ammo I assume? You really can't blame them for the no return policy.

Actually, who COULD you blame for this? hmmmm... Let me see....
And I didnt realize paul barnham migjt have vitiligo

I was wondering if that would slide.
Ammo ain't cheap, and the search function did cause 6.5x57 Mauser to appear on a search for 7x57 Mauser, so it's not all on me. I still have lots of good will on reserve for Midway USA for many years of good service, so this won't stop me from shopping there. Just sucks, is all, and they could have done something for me other than to say tough luck.
Posted By: Seafire Re: Not Happy With Midway USA - 11/25/21
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I order a lot from them. Have for many years. Recently, I punched in the search term "7x57 Mauser," and several results popped up. I searched for the cheapest and clicked, then went through the finalization process. Today, two boxes of 6.5x57 Mauser arrived, not 7x57 Mauser. I checked my order history, and indeed, that's what I appear to have ordered. Now, sure, I should have looked more carefully at what popped up on my search for 7x57 Mauser before clicking, so there's that, but when I called and explained that this purchase option popped up on a search for 7x57 Mauser, they should have agreed to accept it in return, but refused, due to policy on ammo. So I was forced to eat the loss. I guess I understand the reason for the policy, but still not thrilled.

Well 37 minutes ago you posted this post.

Tell ya what.. I SHOOT 6.5 x 57.. Its my favorite round. I'll either purchase it off of you or will swap you 7 x 57 brass for it.

PM me at your convenience.

cheers, seafire.
Posted By: K1500 Re: Not Happy With Midway USA - 11/25/21
Iā€™m always amazed at the midway gripe threads. They always ship exactly what I order incredibly fast. The few returns I had were painless as well.
I'm sure you can sell it , assuming you paid a reasonable price. You don't handload?
You don't seem like one to ever just admit you were wrong.

I'd almost forgotten the whole "I'm gonna argue with the guy who works in an EP lab about EKG interpretation."

Almost.

šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£
Originally Posted by Seafire
I SHOOT 6.5 x 57.. Its my favorite round. I'll either purchase it off of you or will swap you 7 x 57 brass for it.

cheers, seafire.

Nice of you to offer. Let me see if the pawn broker down the street will give me anything close to what I paid.
The search engine doesn't understand metric. I'll bet this doesn't happen with imperial.
They might rattle around a bit but they'll shoot.
When you did a search with the term Mauser in it everything with Mauser in the title popped up.

Not sure how this is anyone's fault but your own.

Was it listed on the same webpage as 2% though?

Is this a serious question? Do you really put that much faith into search engine results... as in you spend no time examining what was rendered from your query?
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
When you did a search with the term Mauser in it everything with Mauser in the title popped up.

Not sure hw this is anyone's fault but your own.

Yep. And probably "x57" too.

Sure, but they should be able to do something better than just telling me tough luck.
That's how it goes w ammo at any store, or at least the ones that dont want lawsuits. Some shops will exchange or trade but not all.

They have no clue what you're returning is actually the factory loaded ammo that was sent to you.
That's how it goes w ammo at any store, or at least the ones that dont want lawsuits. Some shops will exchange or trade but not all.

They have no clue what you're returning is actually the factory loaded ammo that was sent to you.

I get that.
Posted By: g5m Re: Not Happy With Midway USA - 11/25/21
It's frustrating. I've done it where I thought I ordered something and just ordered something else. A pain.

Sure, but they should be able to do something better than just telling me tough luck.

What, exactly, should they do? Be specific.
Like ordering some 110 grain 30 cal. bullets and the screen shifted and wound up with some 69 grain22 cal bullets instead?

Not really a big deal they will be shot in the 22-250 AI.

Maybe a hint that it needs to be shot some more. grin
Originally Posted by plainsman456
Like ordering some 110 grain 30 cal. bullets and the screen shifted and wound up with some 69 grain22 cal bullets instead?

Not really a big deal they will be shot in the 22-250 AI.

Maybe a hint that it needs to be shot some more. grin

I believe you could gave canceled the order within a certain amount of time.
Hawkeye, you just hit on one of my pet peeves. A lot of websites expand the search criteria that you enter. Even if you narrow it and use restrictive language, your search criteria still gets expanded. Amazon, for instance, is terrible about that.

GLWS.
Posted By: Kenneth Re: Not Happy With Midway USA - 11/25/21
It's funny how some will parrott on all about personal responsibility,

Until the spotlight is on them.

You know the rules, and they apply to you the same has I.

You ordered the wrong stuff, and it's not returnable.

It's called a life lesson.
Posted By: dale06 Re: Not Happy With Midway USA - 11/25/21
Originally Posted by Houston_2

Neither have I. Donā€™t use them often, but theyā€™ve always done me right.
Originally Posted by dale06
Originally Posted by Houston_2

Neither have I. Donā€™t use them often, but theyā€™ve always done me right.

^^^This^^^
Posted By: Sycamore Re: Not Happy With Midway USA - 11/25/21
Originally Posted by Seafire

Well 37 minutes ago you posted this post.

Tell ya what.. I SHOOT 6.5 x 57.. Its my favorite round. I'll either purchase it off of you or will swap you 7 x 57 brass for it.

cheers, seafire.

problem solved.....right?
Posted By: 7mm_Loco Re: Not Happy With Midway USA - 11/25/21
You Had Me Till God Sent U a Lifeboat!.. [Seafire]... But U turned Him Down And Kept On Whining Bout Midway... So Now It's Just Sour Grapes!... A 6.5x57 win 70 is my bucket list custom rifle build someday?.. Cool Round!
Proper title for this thread should be: ā€œOld man with poor technology skills orders wrong product then blames the company; similarly situated old men rush to his support on the internetā€
Posted By: BFaucett Re: Not Happy With Midway USA - 11/25/21
Originally Posted by bellydeep
Proper title for this thread should be: ā€œOld man with poor technology skills orders wrong product then blames the company; similarly situated old men rush to his support on the internetā€

Yeah, it was the old "I D ten T" computer error.

aka: IDIOT
Get some better glasses man...
šŸ˜„šŸ˜„šŸ˜„šŸ˜„šŸ˜„

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

About as good a reason as any, I reckon!!
Originally Posted by renegade50

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I got an oil filter like that... just shorter and fatter... kinda like a midget at KFC.

Originally Posted by local_dirt
Hawkeye, you just hit on one of my pet peeves. A lot of websites expand the search criteria that you enter. Even if you narrow it and use restrictive language, your search criteria still gets expanded. Amazon, for instance, is terrible about that.

GLWS.

Yep, that's my point. A search for 7x57mm Mauser should have only offered 7x57 Mauser. If they only had three choices in that, then only three choices should have popped up.

It's on me, too, for not looking carefully enough, and seeing x57mm Mauser, and a low price, and clicking on it. I own that. But it's also the damned search function at fault. Particularly in the case of a product that cannot be returned if someone screws up.

PS I give them a pass for this because, generally, their service is great. I'm just blowing off steam here. Folks should still buy from Midway USA. Good company.
This past year I have bought a lot of things from Midway. So far my experience with them has been awesome.

WS

GLWS.

Yep, that's my point. A search for 7x57mm Mauser should have only offered 7x57 Mauser. If they only had three choices in that, then only three choices should have popped up.

It's on me, too, for not looking carefully enough, and seeing x57mm Mauser, and a low price, and clicking on it. I own that. But it's also the damned search function at fault. Particularly in the case of a product that cannot be returned if someone screws up.

PS I give them a pass for this because, generally, their service is great. I'm just blowing off steam here. Folks should still buy from Midway USA. Good company.

That is how all search engines would have done it unless there is a way to search exact verbage only.

Not sure how this is anyone's fault but your own.

That's pretty much how searches work.

It ain't rocket science. If it was the OP'd know all about it.
Posted By: Kenneth Re: Not Happy With Midway USA - 11/25/21

GLWS.

That is how all search engines would have done it unless there is a way to search exact verbage only.

It's called 'boolean logic'.
Feel free to look into it.
Originally Posted by Kenneth

GLWS.

It's called 'boolean logic'.
Feel free to look into it.

For the most part, ignored. Use a "+" or "-" and watch the scope creep on Amazon.

They should send me some 7mm-08 brass and 7mm 140 grain Ballistic Tips.

7mm was in the search after all.
How much of this as ordered product did you order and receive promptly?
Type in prostate massager in the Googler....scroll long enough and you will be offered a jar of applesauce.

Don't try to stick the jar of applesauce up your ass.

Properly review your order. That is your duty as online customer.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Type in prostate massager in the Googler....scroll long enough and you will be offered a jar of applesauce.

Dip the massager in the apple sauce before insertion?

LOL, I'll take your word for it, I ain't googling that. A pic of Kingston might show up!!
You think that search engine is bad, try gunbroker's.
I don't understand how putting the wrong stuff in your cart and not double checking it during the 34 step checkout process is Midway's fault.
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223

It sure is !
Posted By: jnyork Re: Not Happy With Midway USA - 11/25/21

Dip the massager in the apple sauce before insertion?

laugh laugh laugh
Originally Posted by 57springer

It sure is !

Good call. It's pathetic.

Posted By: kwg020 Re: Not Happy With Midway USA - 11/25/21
I just bought some 7-08 dies and converted some 7.62 brass to 7-08. I have the bullets and powder waiting. Only, I don't own a 7-08 rifle. I think I have a disease.

kwg
Originally Posted by kwg020
I just bought some 7-08 dies and converted some 7.62 brass to 7-08. I have the bullets and powder waiting. Only, I don't own a 7-08 rifle. I think I have a disease.

kwg

Sadly that is the best way these days , buy ammo or components , THEN buy the gun .............................
Posted By: efw Re: Not Happy With Midway USA - 11/25/21

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m talking about!

Seafire has a 6.5x57 I think?
Originally Posted by efw

I've read that it was quite a popular big game choice at one time. Some famous African hunter liked it, back in the day.

Posted By: Strider1 Re: Not Happy With Midway USA - 11/25/21
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

lololololol
Posted By: Strider1 Re: Not Happy With Midway USA - 11/25/21
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

I already old you, now get off my ass!!

Stupid should hurt.
Posted By: gunzo Re: Not Happy With Midway USA - 11/25/21
They make a 6.5 Roberts now?

Or is this about that new 6.5x57 Creedmoor.

Would you go into a restaurant and place an order, and then when it came to the table, tell them you had changed your mind and wanted something different and expect not to pay for the first meal you ordered?
Sounds to me like Midway shipped you exactly what you ordered.
Posted By: Heeler Re: Not Happy With Midway USA - 11/25/21
Originally Posted by efw

I've read that it was quite a popular big game choice at one time. Some famous African hunter liked it, back in the day.

Try 54 not 57

Youā€™ve got me crying here!

He's looking for something better than "tough luck." Maybe "pay attention next time" would placate him.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Not Happy With Midway USA - 11/26/21
Originally Posted by kwg020

kwg

Every time I find some really nice looking range brass in a chambering I don't have a rifle/pistol in, I start thinking about dies, bullets, and a new firearm.

Fortunately, I generally resist.
Posted By: goalie Re: Not Happy With Midway USA - 11/26/21

He's looking for something better than "tough luck." Maybe "pay attention next time" would placate him.

Hey, he made the assertion, I'm just asking for clarification.

I'm sincerely interested in what, exactly, TRH thinks an online vender should "do" for him, when his OP clearly states that he searched for X ammo, yet, somehow added Y ammo to his cart, filled in payment info, reviewed the order for Y ammo, confirmed the order for Y ammo, and promptly received the Y ammo that he ordered, at which time he finally discovered/realized he didn't order X ammo at all?????
What about Z ammo?
Posted By: goalie Re: Not Happy With Midway USA - 11/26/21
What about Z ammo?

That was Creedmoor. He didn't order that.
Posted By: gemby58 Re: Not Happy With Midway USA - 11/26/21
I use to use Midway lot when the offered FFL dealers discount, but that was many moons ago. I might use them like 2 times a year, never had a problem but never tried to return anything
Posted By: Hogwild7 Re: Not Happy With Midway USA - 11/26/21
They sent me an e- mail that shipping.was.free yesterday so put a few things in my cart. Shipping was going to be 15 bucks so I emptied.my cart and didn't order anything.
Posted By: skeen Re: Not Happy With Midway USA - 11/26/21
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
They sent me an e- mail that shipping.was.free yesterday so put a few things in my cart. Shipping was going to be 15 bucks so I emptied.my cart and didn't order anything.

Posted By: kingston Re: Not Happy With Midway USA - 11/26/21
Larry Potterfield can eat a bag of dicks.
MidwayUSA is the Walmart of gun/outdoors stuff... Love them or hate them... they are a huge well oil machine that carries VERY USEFUL stuff.

If they went away tomorrow we would have to buy crap motor oil at Dollar General at $8 a quart... and Hopps at the LGS at $19.99 a bottle.

I don't really care in you love them or hate them, but logistics and efficiency really do matter on getting chit done.

If I lived in Tennessee and turkey was $0.19 a pound or pork butts were $0.29 a pound I might sing a different tune...
I'd love to buy something from Midway but everything I go there looking for says Out of Stock no backorder. I don't know how they stay in business

This
Posted By: kingston Re: Not Happy With Midway USA - 11/26/21

Eat bags of dicks.
What about Z ammo?

That was Creedmoor. He didn't order that.

Yes he did. He did a search for 6.5 Creedmoor and .22 Creedmoor popped up so he placed the order.
Posted By: Kenneth Re: Not Happy With Midway USA - 11/26/21
Originally Posted by CashisKing
MidwayUSA is the Walmart of gun/outdoors stuff... Love them or hate them....

can't quite comprehend this analogy, but whatever.
Posted By: deflave Re: Not Happy With Midway USA - 11/26/21
Knowing your numbers and alphabet is important.
Posted By: BOBBALEE Re: Not Happy With Midway USA - 11/26/21

I like the pole dancer thread better.
Originally Posted by BOBBALEE

I like the pole dancer thread better.

I'll drink to that...

With a fist full of dollars.
Posted By: ribka Re: Not Happy With Midway USA - 11/26/21
Larry Potterfiekl is a zionist and an agent of the joos. Amazon has better ammo prices

Hey, he made the assertion, I'm just asking for clarification.

I'm sincerely interested in what, exactly, TRH thinks an online vender should "do" for him, when his OP clearly states that he searched for X ammo, yet, somehow added Y ammo to his cart, filled in payment info, reviewed the order for Y ammo, confirmed the order for Y ammo, and promptly received the Y ammo that he ordered, at which time he finally discovered/realized he didn't order X ammo at all?????

First-world problems!
Originally Posted by deflave
Knowing your numbers and alphabet is important.

It's called algebra.
Originally Posted by skeen
Originally Posted by Hogwild7

I am thinking reading and comprehension are weak among this thread!
Rick needs to create a leaky tampon section.
Posted By: 7mm_Loco Re: Not Happy With Midway USA - 11/26/21
Originally Posted by kingston
Larry Potterfield can eat a bag of dicks.

"Suck A Bag" Works Better Here ! When i was a kid i heard a chicago mafia guy [Don't Ask] Tell a persistent bill collector. To "Suck A Bag Of Dicks'... Still LMFAO After all these yrs...
Ā© 24hourcampfire