Home
Posted By: gunchamp Dang chinese flu - 11/26/21
Wife came down with it and was in bad shape for a few days. Bad stuff. She got the monoclonal antibody treatment and within a day she was feeling much better. Ive been taking care of her but got a really bad headache today and now running a fever of 102. I may go the monoclonal route as well. Waiting to see how sick i get. No better way to f up rifle season. This is my 32nd year hunting amd ive never missed an opening day. Little worried about saturday. Take any prayers you guys send our way
Posted By: paguy Re: Dang chinese flu - 11/26/21
Sent. Good luck hunting
Posted By: JimHnSTL Re: Dang chinese flu - 11/26/21
Get the treatments and stay home. Don’t want someone else getting it and go through what you two are going through or worse.
Posted By: skfullen Re: Dang chinese flu - 11/26/21
Prayers in progress...
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Dang chinese flu - 11/26/21
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Wife came down with it and was in bad shape for a few days. Bad stuff. She got the monoclonal antibody treatment and within a day she was feeling much better. Ive been taking care of her but got a really bad headache today and now running a fever of 102. I may go the monoclonal route as well. Waiting to see how sick i get. No better way to f up rifle season. This is my 32nd year hunting amd ive never missed an opening day. Little worried about saturday. Take any prayers you guys send our way

Don't wait too long.

Relative did because she wanted to see "how sick" she'd get.

If you're eligible go for it tomorrow if you can get a diagnosis. By Saturday you may be sicker than the proverbial dog.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Dang chinese flu - 11/26/21
Why wait

Go get the monoclonal, you seen it work for her

Our rifle season is 7 weeks long, maybe you have time to get better, hunt, cut 4 cords of wood and hunt some more

😃👍
Posted By: SandBilly Re: Dang chinese flu - 11/26/21
Stay home? [bleep] that, go hunting if you feel like it.
Posted By: plainsman456 Re: Dang chinese flu - 11/26/21
It sucks but take care of your self.

She might need some help as well.
Posted By: Scotty Re: Dang chinese flu - 11/26/21
I. am going to a funeral tomorrow of someone who died of covid. Go to the doctor.
Posted By: wilkeshunter Re: Dang chinese flu - 11/26/21
Get the infusion and consider getting on Ivermectin. A buddy of mine recently went that route and it worked nicely. Prayers from N.C.
Posted By: dale06 Re: Dang chinese flu - 11/26/21
My third cousin died from it three days ago. She was 65 and as far as I know, no other health issues, unvaccinated.
Posted By: gunchamp Re: Dang chinese flu - 11/26/21
Thanks guys
Posted By: ERK Re: Dang chinese flu - 11/26/21
My daughter and granddaughter both have it. Both pretty sick.
Hope you two are ok. Edk
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Dang chinese flu - 11/26/21
Get your schit together and you will be okay.
Posted By: RatherBHuntin Re: Dang chinese flu - 11/26/21
Get the monoclonal antibodies ASAP! They won’t help if you wait too long and they won’t give them to after ~7-8 days of being symptomatic.
Posted By: JeffP Re: Dang chinese flu - 11/26/21
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Stay home? [bleep] that, go hunting if you feel like it.

Exactly, who you going to infect in the woods
Posted By: Twopatch Re: Dang chinese flu - 11/26/21
I came down with that crap 2 days before the opener. After 2 days started the vitamin c,d,zinc. Etc. Felt a little better after 7 days. Quarantined in the woods for 6 days,I was pretty miserable. Season ended before I felt back to normal. Go to the Doc.
Posted By: Magnum_Bob Re: Dang chinese flu - 11/26/21
Ivermectin will take out your fever in a 10 hrs or less .have a friend or relative get some for you asap.
Posted By: worriedman Re: Dang chinese flu - 11/26/21
Take care of yourself, get the infusion and some ivermectin.
Posted By: Skankhunt42 Re: Dang chinese flu - 11/26/21
Originally Posted by gunchamp

So you're 44, you should have nothing to worry about. Get the antibody treatment as soon as you can. There will be other "first days", not a big deal.

Slum, I wish we had 7 weeks to hunt here. If you included archery we'd be right about there.
Posted By: rong Re: Dang chinese flu - 11/26/21
You'll miss alot more openers if it "Gets" you

If the monoclonals are available ,,why not?
Posted By: viking Re: Dang chinese flu - 11/26/21
How much does the infusion cost, does insurance pay?
Posted By: deflave Re: Dang chinese flu - 11/26/21
You'll be fine.
Posted By: viking Re: Dang chinese flu - 11/26/21
I ain’t getting it. Just curious.
Posted By: thumbcocker Re: Dang chinese flu - 11/26/21
I'm just getting over it. Get the infusion. Twice I thought I was a goner. 4 weeks now
Posted By: viking Re: Dang chinese flu - 11/27/21
How much did it cost?

A buddy said he believes it costs $5k at an invusion center. Maybe insurance pays most of it. Idk
© 24hourcampfire