Home
Posted By: 300savagehunter Geco ammo - 11/26/21
Anybody use it or know anything about it? Thanks.

Mike
Posted By: goalie Re: Geco ammo - 11/26/21
The 5.56 and 223 is GTG. The 9mm I shot (one case) all went bang.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Geco ammo - 11/26/21
I forget now, but

Geco was labeled something else in the past.

I’ve shot thr brass case. It’s good imo.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Geco ammo - 11/26/21
Geco and Norma ammo are siblings.
Posted By: gregintenn Re: Geco ammo - 11/26/21
Is that the insurance selling British lizard?
Posted By: Razorhog Re: Geco ammo - 11/26/21
Their .22 ammo is very good.
Posted By: Stophel Re: Geco ammo - 11/26/21
"RUAG"

I have some .223 from them, I think made in Hungary??? I'd have to go look. I also have some .45 ACP made in Germany. It's of the old fashioned WIDE hollowpoint design, but it shoots and cycles through my guns just fine.
Posted By: LongSpurHunter Re: Geco ammo - 11/26/21
My groups decreased by 15% when I made the switch to it.
Posted By: Crappie_Killer Re: Geco ammo - 11/26/21
I’ll second the 22 lr ammo is better than average for the price.
Posted By: 300savagehunter Re: Geco ammo - 11/26/21
Thanks guys, this is what like about this site, there is so much knowledge and willingness to share on here.

Mike
Posted By: 358WCF Re: Geco ammo - 11/26/21
Good stuff in everything I've used so far. Their 115 HP 9mm seemed a bit snappier than any US brand. Chronographed some years ago & it was faster, but that was before I wrote things down.

The red/black box 22 was on sale by the case for .03/round before the recent stupidity. Glad I got some. All my rifles like it. It's a bit anemic for the Buckmark, but works the action most times & hits what I aim at if I dont screw up the shot. The bullet lube is kind of greasy on the fingers though.
Posted By: IZH27 Re: Geco ammo - 11/26/21
I’ve only used the match 22 ammo. Liked it. Good quality. That match was from 2.5 years ago.
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Geco ammo - 11/26/21
Originally Posted by goalie

This.......................Swiss made.

MM
Posted By: antelope_sniper Re: Geco ammo - 11/26/21
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

MM

Yep. Swiss made....and it's everything you would expect from the Swiss.
Posted By: bruinruin Re: Geco ammo - 11/26/21
Originally Posted by LongSpurHunter
My groups decreased by 15% when I made the switch to it.

This comment deserves a little appreciation. 😀
Posted By: Slavek Re: Geco ammo - 11/26/21
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
I forget now, but

Geco was labeled something else in the past.

I’ve shot thr brass case. It’s good imo.

Ruag-Ammotec. The ammo is loded in different European contries. 9x19-Thun Switzerland, .380 & .45HCP Shirok Hungary,.......It will be marked Made in EU if country of origin is member of EU otherwise it will be marked made in country of origin ie Made is Switzerland (because Switzerland is not member of EU).
Posted By: Slavek Re: Geco ammo - 11/26/21
Originally Posted by 300savagehunter
Anybody use it or know anything about it? Thanks.

Mike

Posted By: Burleyboy Re: Geco ammo - 11/28/21
I have a few cases of the Norma 223 stuff made by Ruag in Switzerland. I really like it. It has a lighter 3 prong crimp that comes out easy and the brass fireforms well to 223 AI brass. This stuff was around quite a bit about 7-8 years ago. I think they're 800 round cases.

This coming spring I'm hope to do a shoot off with one of my AR's, my heavy barrel T3 8 twist, and maybe 1 other rifle. I plan to compare this Norma Ruag stuff, some lake city stuff, and the Australian ADI. I need decide what my favorite bulk ball ammo is but as of now those are 3 of my current favorites.

If I were a gun writer I could do a little article but I doubt I'll put the time in. Just check accuracy across 3 or so rifles, chrony them, maybe pull each load down for powder ID and weight, and then maybe see how many reloads I can get out of each brand case. That last part may be pointless to me because I don't aneal and don't usually use a case more than about 4-5 timed before losing or scraping it.

I did pull down an ADI load and it looked like varget powder which is made by ADI so it makes sense. Some spilled out of the puller before I got a weight. I like the little bubble packs the ADI stuff comes in.

Tonight I'm going to pull down a Win active duty 9mm load and see what powder they're using to get 1320 fps. I'd like to duplicate that load with some RMR 115g HPs.

Bb
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Geco ammo - 11/28/21
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

MM

Yep. Swiss made....and it's everything you would expect from the Swiss.

Neutral?
Posted By: blanket Re: Geco ammo - 11/28/21
S&b were the largest supplier to the Germans in ww2
Posted By: EQFD193 Re: Geco ammo - 11/28/21
I have some in .22 and 9mm and have had no issues...In fact the 9mm seems loaded a bit on the spicy side as noted above.
Posted By: dan_oz Re: Geco ammo - 11/28/21
It was, and maybe still is, the lower-cost line to RWS. I've only used a bit of it, but it was good stuff, with good brass (though lacking the final polish of the dearer RWS stablemate).
Posted By: bhemry Re: Geco ammo - 11/28/21
I bought a box of Geco “Semi Auto” .22 LR on a whim. Had a new rifle and was trying out as big of variety as I could get my hands on searching for the most accurate round. Stuff was cheap, never heard of it before, didn’t have high hopes. Turned out to be in the top 5 or so, and that includes some pretty pricey stuff. Have bought a few bricks of it over the years since then.
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Geco ammo - 11/28/21
Originally Posted by blanket
S&b were the largest supplier to the Germans in ww2

Been using S&B primers for a LONG TIME... they are fantastic.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

From... http://www.targetshooter.co.uk/?p=1471

If the link is fubar... try a GoogleFu of "Large Rifle Primer Performance by Laurie Holland"
© 24hourcampfire