Home
Posted By: Nollij Scheels customer service - 11/27/21
Since my morning ML hunt was wiped out by a last minute dog-sitting gig for my daughter, I thought I'd post a positive experience. I purchased a pair of Idaho II Crispi's on 11-1, the price dropped for BF by roughly $80.00. I called the CS department at their St. Cloud store yesterday, and they credited the difference back to my card. They didn't have to credit the money back, and I would not have been upset if they had told me no, but I figure if you don't ask, you don't get.

I will continue to do business there, and no, I would not have posted a scathing, rip snorting, heavens will fall thread if they would not have credited the money back.
Posted By: Osky Re: Scheels customer service - 11/27/21
They are worth the drive. They have been very good to me as well.

Osky
Nobody is better!!!!
Posted By: goalie Re: Scheels customer service - 11/27/21
The huge store in Eden Prairie is a money pit, but it's awesome!!!!
I have one less than 15 minutes from my house, not cool lol
Posted By: 1sgLunde Re: Scheels customer service - 11/27/21
They're my go-to store in Rapid City.
Sounds like a great store similar to the old Cabela's.

Just don't let BPS get a hold of it!
Posted By: SKane Re: Scheels customer service - 11/27/21
I really like Scheels.
Scheels, then a very big gap down the rungs to Cabelas and then an even bigger gap to BPS.
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Scheels customer service - 11/27/21
Bass pro wouldnt sell me a fish finder back in May at full price because it was going on sale 2 days later. “We won’t sell to you because you’ll just bring it back in 2 days and get the price difference” huh?

From their fishing department with the sales guy listening in, I called Scheels.

Scheels matched the sale price (early) and it was sitting on my front porch 2 days later.
Posted By: g5m Re: Scheels customer service - 11/27/21
Sounds like a good store. But, it's not around here.
Posted By: SKane Re: Scheels customer service - 11/27/21
Originally Posted by g5m

Hit their website. They've quietly emerged in their e-commerce presence.
Posted By: deflave Re: Scheels customer service - 11/27/21
Scheels are great.
Posted By: walt501 Re: Scheels customer service - 11/27/21
Originally Posted by goalie
The huge store in Eden Prairie is a money pit, but it's awesome!!!!

It's my new go to store in the Twin Cities for anything outdoors. Scheels replaced Cabelas for me - and I had done business with Cabelas since 1978.
Posted By: bruinruin Re: Scheels customer service - 11/27/21
They've cost me a chunk over the last year or two. Only needed their CS once, because of a price discrepancy. They ended up matching the lower price for me.
Posted By: Windfall Re: Scheels customer service - 11/27/21
When I "needed" a new CZ handgun, I called every gun store in the area and got nothing even remotely positive until I called Scheels. They didn't have a CZ in the store either, but the man on the phone asked me specifically what I was looking for and then told me to hang on. He checked the nationwide Scheels stores inventory and said that they had that handgun in their Washington and South Dakota store and he could have one drop shipped to the local store by next week. Sold. Customer service counts.
Posted By: g5m Re: Scheels customer service - 11/27/21
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by g5m

Hit their website. They've quietly emerged in their e-commerce presence.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by Windfall
Customer service counts.

It certainly does.

Posted By: stantdm Re: Scheels customer service - 11/27/21
That is good to hear about their customer service. I like the Scheels store in Rapid City.
© 24hourcampfire