Home
Posted By: DugE ROLL TIDE! - 11/28/21
It was low tide all game. Bama didn't "deserve" to win. But as William Munny said, "Deserve's got nothing to do with it."

RTR!!!
Posted By: slowmover12 Re: ROLL TIDE! - 11/28/21
Alabama came through in the end. That’s why deserve has nothing to do with it.
Posted By: tdbob Re: ROLL TIDE! - 11/28/21
All they did was improve their record. Squeaking by a .500 team in the 4th O.T. didn't help their cause in regards to the play-off picture or the rankings.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: ROLL TIDE! - 11/28/21
Originally Posted by slowmover12
Alabama came through in the end. That’s why deserve has nothing to do with it.

You think they will come through in the end against Georgia?
Posted By: Sako76 Re: ROLL TIDE! - 11/28/21
Barely beat a 6-5 team! Roll tide
Posted By: KFWA Re: ROLL TIDE! - 11/28/21
Originally Posted by tdbob
All they did was improve their record. Squeaking by a .500 team in the 4th O.T. didn't help their cause in regards to the play-off picture or the rankings.

Saban has been trying to tell the fans that lately too

He knows what is going to happen against Georgia
Posted By: SCgman1 Re: ROLL TIDE! - 11/28/21
Bama is real popular in SC........4 outta 5 SC fans pick bama as their fallback SEC bandwagon every Halloween.

Best part is, Atlanta Braves fan hats are easily interpreted as bama gear and is a lot more affordable.
Posted By: Garandimal Re: ROLL TIDE! - 11/28/21
Auburn worked pretty hard to lose it.

Red Tide!
"The Smell!"

Enjoy Georgia...
"Auburn worked pretty hard to lose it."

That's 2 weeks in a row now.......
Posted By: Garandimal Re: ROLL TIDE! - 11/28/21
Originally Posted by SCgman1
"Auburn worked pretty hard to lose it."

That's 2 weeks in a row now.......

Compared to my Fightin' Tigers... Everyone is havin' a great Season.
(except Vandie)
The Demon Deacons will be in a championship game next week as well.......
Posted By: 19352012 Re: ROLL TIDE! - 11/28/21
You know what else rolls? A turd on a mountain top. Georgia by 30.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: ROLL TIDE! - 11/28/21
Alabama is simply not an elite team this year. They are very good, but the O line is marginal. Couple that with not having a good running back, and the offense struggles against good defensive teams. The defense is soft and can't seem to clamp down when they need to. I don't see how they win against GA. Does a 2 loss Alabama team deserve a trip to the playoffs? Gonna get interesting. Tears will be shed this year when the selection is made.
Posted By: Hook Re: ROLL TIDE! - 11/28/21
I've been an Auburn fan since the 50s and am a '72 graduate, and have had to endure the ups and downs of the Iron Bowl series all that time. We've had to face the two best coaches (some would argue that, I don't) to ever lead teams on the field during that time. There have been some doozies over the years, and yesterday was one of them. Auburn came into the game with nothing to lose and played their hearts out. The defense especially played lights out. The offense played with their backup QB (playing hobbled the last quarter and 4 OTs) and placekicker. In the end, they just came out one play short against a much more talented opponent. My hat is off to Bama for doing what it takes to win.

To those that predict Bama's doom against UGA, you may be right. UGA is about as good as they have ever been this year and they want to beat Bama BAD! But don't ever count Bama out.... they tend to find ways to win.
Posted By: CharlieFoxtrot Re: ROLL TIDE! - 11/28/21
Over rated......again.
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: ROLL TIDE! - 11/28/21
Originally Posted by 19352012

I'll take that bet. Who has Georgia played worth anything this year? Their toughest game was Auburn.
Posted By: Bull64 Re: ROLL TIDE! - 11/28/21
Hard game to swallow. I’ll enjoy Georgia knocking Bama out of the picture next Saturday
WDE…
Posted By: JGRaider Re: ROLL TIDE! - 11/28/21
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Alabama is simply not an elite team this year. They are very good, but the O line is marginal. Couple that with not having a good running back, and the offense struggles against good defensive teams. The defense is soft and can't seem to clamp down when they need to. I don't see how they win against GA. Does a 2 loss Alabama team deserve a trip to the playoffs? Gonna get interesting. Tears will be shed this year when the selection is made.

Excellent summary, agree 100%. Not a typical 'Bama year and it's quite obvious. They're about like ND, Ohio State though in that the media and NCAA will take advantage of every moment to cram them down our throats every year.
Posted By: AU7MM08 Re: ROLL TIDE! - 11/28/21
A #3 ranked Bama with arguably the best coach in the Nation and a Heisman contender barely managed to squeak out a victory against an injured and unraked Auburn...congrats?

If Bama plays like they did last night, UGA going to curb stomp them.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: ROLL TIDE! - 11/28/21
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

I'll take that bet. Who has Georgia played worth anything this year? Their toughest game was Auburn.

Georgia's defense is for real......and that's what wins championships. I think the SEC title game will be rather low scoring, with Georgia winning by 10 or so. Bama's O-line is going to get manhandled all night long, and their QB will be running for his life. I like watching Saban whine.
Posted By: MLC Re: ROLL TIDE! - 11/28/21
Georgia by 14
Posted By: 19352012 Re: ROLL TIDE! - 11/28/21

I can't bet you because I hope they both lose. But when Nick Satan is telling everyone we are going to lose, they are probably gonna lose.
Posted By: ctsmith Re: ROLL TIDE! - 11/28/21
My Tigers are poorly coached. If the offense would have taken a knee every play in the fourth quarter Auburn would have won. With time running out, pass on the first play of the next to the last possession. Intercepted. Bama scores. Obviously should have been killing the clock. On the last possession, with under two minutes to go and Bama down by seven, we run the ball out of bounds and stop the clock. Bama got the ball back with about 1:40. Should have got it back with about 50 seconds. Terrible coaching. Terrible.
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: ROLL TIDE! - 11/28/21
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Georgia's defense is for real......and that's what wins championships. I think the SEC title game will be rather low scoring, with Georgia winning by 10 or so. Bama's O-line is going to get manhandled all night long, and their QB will be running for his life. I like watching Saban whine.

No championship team does not have a good QB as well. The 2 toughest DL's GA faced were Clemson where they scored 10 points and Auburn where they scored 34. HC to HC there is no comparison.

It will be a very close game.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: ROLL TIDE! - 11/28/21

No championship team does not have a good QB as well. The 2 toughest DL's GA faced were Clemson where they scored 10 points and Auburn where they scored 34. HC to HC there is no comparison.

Georgia will manhandled Bama
Posted By: Geno67 Re: ROLL TIDE! - 11/28/21
We play like that this weekend and GA will beat us 50 to nothing.
Posted By: EdM Re: ROLL TIDE! - 11/28/21
Originally Posted by ctsmith
My Tigers are poorly coached. If the offense would have taken a knee every play in the fourth quarter Auburn would have won. With time running out, pass on the first play of the next to the last possession. Intercepted. Bama scores. Obviously should have been killing the clock. On the last possession, with under two minutes to go and Bama down by seven, we run the ball out of bounds and stop the clock. Bama got the ball back with about 1:40. Should have got it back with about 50 seconds. Terrible coaching. Terrible.

My thoughts as well.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: ROLL TIDE! - 11/28/21
Never count Saban and Bama out. I want UGA to finally put it all together for 60 minutes against Alabama this year, but damn. It’s been a hard to swallow series against them for the last handful of years.

Saban saying theyre gonna lose just makes it all the more worrisome.

I think it’ll be a tight game with Georgia holding on for a win.
Posted By: Blu_Cs Re: ROLL TIDE! - 11/28/21

This is about where I am. My son (a junior at UGA) will be at the game, so I'll get some color on stuff that doesn't make TV.
Posted By: jk16 Re: ROLL TIDE! - 11/28/21
Originally Posted by Bull64
Hard game to swallow. I’ll enjoy Georgia knocking Bama out of the picture next Saturday
WDE…

THIS /\
Posted By: Hotrod_Lincoln Re: ROLL TIDE! - 11/28/21
Originally Posted by Garandimal
Everyone is havin' a great Season.(except Vandie)

Vandy fans love to rent the movie "Twister"- - - -they see more touchdowns in two hours than they've seen on the gridiron in 10 years!
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: ROLL TIDE! - 11/28/21
Does a 2 loss Alabama team deserve a trip to the playoffs? Gonna get interesting. Tears will be shed this year when the selection is made.

No, a 2 loss team won't likely be possible this year, even if it is AL.

But if AL beats GA, then both AL & GA will be in, followed by MI & Cincinnati, assuming that MI beats Iowa in the B10 playoff.

If AL loses they are out; & sadly the BCS perennial favorite POS team Notre Dame will be in.

I don't see any way that Oklahoma State get there unless MI loses, then they might get a sniff, but they are better than either ND or Cincy, as is Baylor.

The system is just schitty with too many built in biases, IMO, including fan following.

Strength of schedule should carry more weight, in which case neither ND nor Cincy should be a serious contender.

MM
Posted By: DugE Re: ROLL TIDE! - 11/28/21
I think a 1 loss Big12 champ is in. I don’t think they’ll put ND above a Power 5 champ, both with 1 loss.

I could be wrong. Wouldn’t be the first time.

As for Bama, they’ll have their hands FULL with GA.

Personally, I hope the Bama who beat Miami shows up and the GA who played Clemson shows up. Hey, a guy can dream, right? LOL!
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: ROLL TIDE! - 11/28/21
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Does a 2 loss Alabama team deserve a trip to the playoffs? Gonna get interesting. Tears will be shed this year when the selection is made.

No, a 2 loss team won't likely be possible this year, even if it is AL.

But if AL beats GA, then both AL & GA will be in, followed by MI & Cincinnati, assuming that MI beats Iowa in the B10 playoff.

If AL loses they are out; & sadly the BCS perennial favorite POS team Notre Dame will be in.

I don't see any way that Oklahoma State get there unless MI loses, then they might get a sniff, but they are better than either ND or Cincy, as is Baylor.

The system is just schitty with too many built in biases, IMO, including fan following.

Strength of schedule should carry more weight, in which case neither ND nor Cincy should be a serious contender.

MM

^^^This^^^

Oklahoma State And Baylor will get screwed. Count on it.
Unfortunately, I don’t see Michigan losing. They are on a roll.

And I don’t think Alabama will beat Georgia, but I never count them out, just like in last nights win over Auburn.

I will be pissed if either highly overrated ND or the Suckeyes some how get in.

The “System” continues to suck.
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: ROLL TIDE! - 11/29/21
Ohio State has 2 losses & didn't win their conference, so I don't think the committee can or will take the heat for putting that kind of 2-loss team in ahead of several others with only one loss.

The team that really doesn't belong as a top 4 team is Cincy, undefeated or not, but they are pretty much a lock at this time. They simply don't play enough top tier competition.

Kind of an odd year, overall.

As for AL vs GA, I don't think GA is a lock to win, favored, sure, a lock, no.

MM
Posted By: KFWA Re: ROLL TIDE! - 11/29/21
Originally Posted by MLC
Georgia by 14

I'd go higher
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: ROLL TIDE! - 11/29/21
According to Sagarin Alabama played a Strength of Schedule 18 vs Georgia's 55. I'll take Saban's gameday over Smarts any day of the week. It's going to be a very very close game.
Posted By: Ngrumba Re: ROLL TIDE! - 11/29/21
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: ROLL TIDE! - 11/29/21
TFF

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

MM
Posted By: simonkenton7 Re: ROLL TIDE! - 11/29/21

that guy who ran out of bounds blew the game for you.
Posted By: hanco Re: ROLL TIDE! - 11/29/21
Originally Posted by Ngrumba

That’s funny
Posted By: Hogwild7 Re: ROLL TIDE! - 11/29/21
Georgia Defense is overwhelming. Bama loses. Their quarterback ran for his life against Auburn. It will be much worse this weekend.
Funny how many Bama bandwagon fans jump ship after a few games. Priceless

Let me point out not a Bama fan.
Posted By: deflave Re: ROLL TIDE! - 11/29/21
If I were Supreme Ruler I would execute anyone that uses, or has used the phrase "Roll Tide."

No trial. No jury.

On your knees. Back of the head. Mass grave.
Posted By: TnBigBore Re: ROLL TIDE! - 11/29/21
Saban will have Bama ready to play. However this is easily the best Georgia team in my memory and I remember the Hershal Walker teams of the early 80s. This is not one of the better teams Saban has fielded. I just don't see anyone beating Georgia this year unless they turn the ball over multiple times.
Posted By: 257Bob Re: ROLL TIDE! - 11/29/21
They got their azz kicked for 59 minutes but they rallied when they need to, they will have their hands full with GA!
Originally Posted by 257Bob
They got their azz kicked for 59 minutes but they rallied when they need to, they will have their hands full with GA!

Exactly. They know how to win and that QB that was chased around all afternoon really looked composed when he had to be. Has Georgia had to rally back from adversity this year?
Posted By: Whelenman Re: ROLL TIDE! - 11/29/21
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
Over rated......again.

You don’t think the big Weasels should be ranked do you? Seriously!!!!
Posted By: Bobcat85 Re: ROLL TIDE! - 11/29/21

Actually Georgia's offense only scored 3 points on Clemson's defense.
Posted By: JB in SC Re: ROLL TIDE! - 11/29/21

Exactly. They know how to win and that QB that was chased around all afternoon really looked composed when he had to be. Has Georgia had to rally back from adversity this year?

Auburn couldn't run the ball and the QB could barely walk to the line of scrimmage.

Do you think Auburn's defense and offense is better than Georgia's?
Posted By: skywalker Re: ROLL TIDE! - 11/29/21
Roll Tide.....but in all honesty, Bama loses by 13 (at least) this weekend. Kirby wants to make a BOLD statement!
Posted By: BuckHaggard Re: ROLL TIDE! - 11/29/21
Christmas came early for Alabama, they were not the better team.
Posted By: JB in SC Re: ROLL TIDE! - 11/29/21
Originally Posted by Bobcat85

Actually Georgia's offense only scored 3 points on Clemson's defense.

You think Clemson wants a replay?
Sure
Sure
Originally Posted by JB in SC

Auburn couldn't run the ball and the QB could barely walk to the line of scrimmage.

Their offense is better then Georgias for sure.

What does that have to do with anything? This is a championship game, how many SEC championship games has UGA been in the last few years?
Posted By: Teal Re: ROLL TIDE! - 11/29/21
Originally Posted by deflave
If I were Supreme Ruler I would execute anyone that uses, or has used the phrase "Roll Tide."

No trial. No jury.

I feel the same way about people who root for an entire conference and never a team.

"The SEC is my conference man. We're stacked top to bottom. I mean, I went to ITT to 'learn computers' but the SEC - them my boyz! Roll Tide or whom ever is in first!"
Posted By: Bull64 Re: ROLL TIDE! - 11/29/21
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

The kid was pulled out of bounds.Just smart play by the defender…
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: ROLL TIDE! - 11/29/21
Originally Posted by Teal

No trial. No jury.

I feel the same way about people who root for an entire conference and never a team.

"The SEC is my conference man. We're stacked top to bottom. I mean, I went to ITT to 'learn computers' but the SEC - them my boyz! Roll Tide or whom ever is in first!"

I that any worse than someone who says "we" about a college they didn't go to? Hell, half these people down here say "we" about LSU, and they can't even spell LSU.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: ROLL TIDE! - 11/29/21

What does that have to do with anything? This is a championship game, how many SEC championship games has UGA been in the last few years?

Georgia's offense is very efficient. They average 40 points per game, and they do so as a team that may not even be in the top 40 teams in total yardage. I suppose that's the product of a defense that regularly gives them good field position.

Bama's running offense is weak, and their #1 running back is doubtful for the game. With Bama forced to rely even more heavily on their passing game, this spells trouble for their young QB.

GA 38-24.
Posted By: Teal Re: ROLL TIDE! - 11/29/21
Originally Posted by Teal

No trial. No jury.

I that any worse than someone who says "we" about a college they didn't go to? Hell, half these people down here say "we" about LSU, and they can't even spell LSU.

In my opinion yes - I don't get the "we" thing but I can understand some kid in Gary IN being a Notre Dame fan or the son of a Detroit auto worker being a fan of the Wolverines. Even if they never attend those places. At least they hitched their wagon to a specific horse instead of saying "I'll take all of them that way I can never have a bad day".

Georgia's offense is very efficient. They average 40 points per game, and they do so as a team that may not even be in the top 40 teams in total yardage. I suppose that's the product of a defense that regularly gives them good field position.

Bama's running offense is weak, and their #1 running back is doubtful for the game. With Bama forced to rely even more heavily on their passing game, this spells trouble for their young QB.

GA 38-24.

Only game I watched UGA this year was the Clemson game, both QB's sucked major league in that game. v
Posted By: DugE Re: ROLL TIDE! - 11/29/21
Praise the Lord deflave isn’t God!!!

Oh, and, ROLL TIDE!!!

Or, for my KJV brethren, ROLLETH!!!
Posted By: jwp475 Re: ROLL TIDE! - 11/29/21
Originally Posted by DugE

Oh, and, ROLL TIDE!!!

The tide will definitely roll right out of the playoff picture after Georgia finishes with them
Posted By: Garandimal Re: ROLL TIDE! - 11/29/21
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by DugE

Oh, and, ROLL TIDE!!!

The tide will definitely roll right out of the playoff picture after Georgia finishes with them

... and probably right into the Sugar Bowl, would expect.

GR
Posted By: Cruiser1 Re: ROLL TIDE! - 11/29/21
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

Watch the play again; the DB took him out of bounds

No trial. No jury.

GFY; Roll DAMN Tide!!
Posted By: jwp475 Re: ROLL TIDE! - 11/29/21
Originally Posted by Cruiser1

No trial. No jury.

GFY; Roll DAMN Tide!!

You're first
Posted By: Ngrumba Re: ROLL TIDE! - 11/29/21

No trial. No jury.

Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by Cruiser1

No trial. No jury.

GFY; Roll DAMN Tide!!

You're first

Peace, love and Roll Tide!
Posted By: DugE Re: ROLL TIDE! - 11/29/21
I didn’t intend to start a nasty thread. I’m just down here eating Golden Flake chips, drinking an ice cold Coca Cola, wearing my houndstooth, and listening to Eli on the replay. I ain’t mad.

AL may indeed get hammered Sat. But I remember a time we would’ve just been glad to be there. There are several who would love to be right now.

I just hope BY can walk when it’s over.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: ROLL TIDE! - 11/29/21

No trial. No jury.

That's very impressive whether you like 'Bama or not. Hardly a decade went by since 1920 that they didn't win a national title. Wow!
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: ROLL TIDE! - 11/30/21

No trial. No jury.

That's very impressive whether you like 'Bama or not. Hardly a decade went by since 1920 that they didn't win a national title. Wow!

Yep. And that’s why they’ve got so many haters. Pure Envy.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: ROLL TIDE! - 11/30/21

GA 38-24.

The Bama QB is the worst and dumbest they’ve had in YEARS. Plus Alabama loses more players to the NFL Draft every year than any other College Team.
Saban hasn’t had the quality of talent that he’s had in recent years. Their DF is pretty suspect too.
It should still be a heck of a game though. I don’t expect a blowout either, though. Saban will have his team ready.
Georgia better hope and pray they don’t turn the ball over multiple times.
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: ROLL TIDE! - 11/30/21
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

GA 38-24.

The Bama QB is the worst and dumbest they’ve had in YEARS. Plus Alabama loses more players to the NFL Draft every year than any other College Team.
Saban hasn’t had the quality of talent that he’s had in recent years. Their DF is pretty suspect too.
It should still be a heck of a game though. I don’t expect a blowout either, though. Saban will have his team ready.
Georgia better hope and pray they don’t turn the ball over multiple times.

He is a redshirt freshman put in a high pressure situation. He did not flinch in the last few minutes of the Auburn game.
Posted By: MuskegMan Re: ROLL TIDE! - 11/30/21

Auburn snatched defeat from the jaws of victory . . .
Posted By: Ngrumba Re: ROLL TIDE! - 12/06/21
Tide still rollin!
RTR!
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: ROLL TIDE! - 12/06/21
IM not so HO, the greatest bowl game ever was the 1973 Sugar Bowl, which pitted Notre Dame against Alabama. Both teams traded leads a half dozen times, back and forth, showing their best. And at the end, ND won.

I watched it, spellbound and hoarse from cheering on the Irish as the Tide went out, LOL!
Posted By: slowmover12 Re: ROLL TIDE! - 12/06/21
Maybe Alabama played over it’s head but they did win pretty convincingly.

Tricky Nicky won another one over a former assistant.

My guess is that it will be GA vs AL on Jan 10.

Can AL do it twice? A second game will be tougher.
Posted By: ShortMagFan Re: ROLL TIDE! - 12/06/21
I was there last night. UGA born and bred here but Saban is tha GOAT
Posted By: Jackson_Handy Re: ROLL TIDE! - 12/06/21
Roll wet dirt!

Roll diabetes!

Roll mud!

Roll illiteracy!

Roll dick-sy!
Posted By: Ngrumba Re: ROLL TIDE! - 12/06/21
Straight dicksy....
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: ROLL TIDE! - 12/06/21

LOL
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: ROLL TIDE! - 12/06/21
Damn that Jackass Hanjob needs to grow up a lot. Think he has a lot of Tard in him.
Damn that Jackass Hanjob needs to grow up a lot. Think he has a lot of Tard in him.

Says the guy living off a college football team.

Youd blow Saban if he'd let ya lol
Posted By: shootem Re: ROLL TIDE! - 12/06/21

Just hit Ignore. First time I’ve done it but it sure cleaned things up. Life’s too short to put up with trash talk.
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: ROLL TIDE! - 12/06/21
Originally Posted by shootem

Just hit Ignore. First time I’ve done it but it sure cleaned things up. Life’s too short to put up with trash talk.

Just did, These Biden voters don't know how to behave in public.
© 24hourcampfire