Home

No where for reasonable cost…. wow

I thought things were getting better, but not so much.
So, when we see it we should stock up?
I was finding a few boxes here & there over the past year, but not anymore. My skeet shooting might end in the Spring.
That advice to buy it all when you see it? Somebody keeps doing it.
Shotgun shells have been one of the harest things to get in the last year. Was the only thing i wasnt stocked on and pheasant season was quickly coming. Luckily, with some work and a few friends, i got a bunch and now sitting pretty. My advice, snatch them up if youre lucky enough to find any
I have 2 Ponsness Warren reloaders sitting idle. Price of a bag of shot has sky rocketed to the point it's cheaper to buy loaded shells, if you can find them.

The sporting clays range was pretty empty too. I can't go too many more times though....
Ammo is still pretty much a ripoff, save for a few calibers. Just did a search on AMMOSEEK for nothing special; Federal Blue Box 3006, cheapest was 60 bucks/box. Outrageous.
Originally Posted by Chisos
I have 2 Ponsness Warren reloaders sitting idle. Price of a bag of shot has sky rocketed to the point it's cheaper to buy loaded shells, if you can find them.

Zero's EPA shut down the only lead mine/smelter in the US during his administration. Now all lead had to be imported.

Thank a Democrat when you see him, preferably with a 2x4.
I finally resorted to Gunbroker for three boxes of 20 gauge steel. I ain't going to say how much I paid other than to say that I had to close my eyes and hold my nose.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.
A few weeks ago I bought four cases of AA 20 gauge at Walmart for what amounted to $8/box. My LGS has them, not AA's, for about the same price.
Funny thing about shortages of years past is that you could always find shotgun shells when you could not find anything else. Not this time....
Originally Posted by pullit
Funny thing about shortages of years past is that you could always find shotgun shells when you could not find anything else. Not this time....

I convinced a buddy to buy a 204 because during the last shortage you could always find ammo.

Now all you can find is 556.

Oops.
Started shooting 5-stand this year. Have probably shot as many shells doing that as I did prior in my whole life. I’ve been able to find enough to get by, plus the club has some for sale, but not many 20’s. Just recently I bought a case of 20ga Rios and my son found some Remington Gun Club at Green Top. About $11 a box. The club’s shells are $8-$10, their cost.

The high-end target loads online are pretty spendy; up to $18 a box. Still cheaper than .410.

Business at our club range is booming. Three two-hour sessions a week are well-attended.

Using notifications, I’ve accumulated enough good hunting loads to get by too.
For some reason all I could get at the store was slugs and buckshot...both in the self defense loads.

All I can figure is that maybe when the pistol ammo was unobtainable, they decided to go this direction and had their machines set up for these loads for too long and did not make the same amount of bird shot as usual?
I have no issue finding 20ga or 12ga at all. I do have some trouble finding .410 shells I don't need a mortgage for though.
Lots of 28 gauge around here. And that's it.
Back when everyone was takin bitches out to eat.....slumlord was buying shotgun shells
Ultra mag is plentiful…
20ga steel shot has been non existent around here for at least a full year now. Sucks.
Depends on your region. I am seeing a lot of shotgun shells here. No real bird hunting here, and not a lot of trap, so maybe the demand is just low.
Told my son to buy 4-6 cases of a variety of 20 gauge last year before he bought his new Benelli. Glad he listened.
Went by Academy at lunch today. They had 20 and 12 on the shelves. All of their ammo is limited to 4 boxes per customer. I got 4 boxes of 20ga heavy dove loads for $6.99/box. There was some 20 and 12 steel shot available as well. They only had boxes on the shelves, but they had a pallet with cases of ammo back behind the counter. Limited on a few things (like 22 ammo) but they had quite a bit of 223, 9, 45, 30-06, etc.
Natchez has Federal game loads in stock
Here's some. Looks like target, upland, turkey, buckshot, are all available.

https://www.sgammo.com/catalog/shotgun-ammunition/20-gauge-ammo?sort=round_low
If y’all think 20 gauge is hard to find look for some 410!
Gun club has been keeping some cheap federal's around.

I've got plenty of 20 GA hunting loads.
Federal ammunition has 20 GA top gun target loads on their website. $11/box.

I think that's gonna be close to the new normal price.
have 4 cases but no twenty gauge anymore.
Why any of you fugk tards think things are going to get better is beyond me.
Originally Posted by deflave
Why any of you fugk tards think things are going to get better is beyond me.

🦫
Originally Posted by slumlord
Back when everyone was takin bitches out to eat.....slumlord was buying shotgun shells

playa
if anyone can find 20 ga sabot slugs for less than $4.50 a round I'd like to see it.
Needed some 20 gauge steel for South Dakota pheasants. Went to all of the usual places, Cabelas, Scheels, Wally World…nada thing. Stopped at the gun desk at Scheels to ask manager if anything was in the pipeline. Older gentleman - okay he was younger than me, but he was still old - was getting a very nice Winchester Fwt SS ‘06 and a Loopy scope, while I was waiting for the manager I complemented his new rifle and we started talking. Told him about my ammo dilemma and he asked in a low voice if I knew someone at a LGS, I said I did and he told me they had some 3” WW steel #2 in the back room but you had to ask for them. Hot footed over there, got two boxes for $18 each (per customer limit).

Felt like a drug deal…
I am glad i have several bags of various shot sizes and primers and wads.

Still have a lot of shells loaded from years past.

Also shoot 12 gauge and 16 and have enough to last for a while.
You think your going to get shells for 2.99 a box anymore are [bleep]
Around here shot and powder are available but shot has gone from $37 to $50 per bag and common shotgun powders from about $110 to $220 per 8-pound jug. Primers are "unobtanium" at any price. Shotgunners are shooting a lot less.

As near as I can tell, all primers are made overseas. As much as Hunter Biden's father has screwed up the supply chain, I can't see it getting better.

It looks like I may have to go the path of getting another MEC jr. and buy the right “flat” of shells and then just change out the shot size to what I want.

it’s a pain, but easier and a bit cheaper than reloading everything from scratch.
Originally Posted by Spotshooter

Too bad you (apparently) didn't acquire the tools and supplies to reload hulls earlier - or you'd be golden today.. smile

I haven't done much shotgunning lately, but I still have enough hulls, powder, lead and primers to last at least another ten+ years.. laugh
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Ammo is still pretty much a ripoff, save for a few calibers. Just did a search on AMMOSEEK for nothing special; Federal Blue Box 3006, cheapest was 60 bucks/box. Outrageous.

Let's go Brandon!
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Here's some. Looks like target, upland, turkey, buckshot, are all available.

https://www.sgammo.com/catalog/shotgun-ammunition/20-gauge-ammo?sort=round_low

Those are a couple of bucks higher apiece than what I’ve paid lately. Rogers has free shipping on orders over $99, so cases ship free.
I have 2 boxes of Federal steel . If your are kntrrested in it Ill look and see ths specifics.
I have 1-2 cases of regular 20 ga shells and no gun either. If someone was local I would sell them.

I’m really looking for 3” steel 2 shot for hunting public land.

I have lead shells, and some 2 3/4” steel but only 7.5 shot… so I may just reload #2 shot in those until I can find some 3” shells.

Shortages are a bummer.
I checked, they are Federal "Waterfowl Load" 2 3/4 with 3/4oz. of #4. Oh well looks like you have some options to get exactly what you are looking for. Good luck on your hunt.
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by Spotshooter

Too bad you (apparently) didn't acquire the tools and supplies to reload hulls earlier - or you'd be golden today.. smile

I haven't done much shotgunning lately, but I still have enough hulls, powder, lead and primers to last at least another ten+ years.. laugh

I have everything to reload them, but have never done it.

I got lucky and found some on Ammoseek…. I was able to get 4 boxes.. of steel all good
Our 4-H team got pretty lucky this year. 20 gauge shells were pretty abundant and available until right at the end our our season. The premium stuff went first, leaving only the cheap stuff. Lucky, I squirreled away some premium stuff for competition. I hope the situation improves!
I'm good on shootgun shells for the rest of my life.

I only shoot 1 or 2 a year , that would be in the spring time when some filthy ass bird comes around making love to the rear view mirrors on my Jeep.

Nasty ass bird shidding on my Jeep

Mike

maybe here ?

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/20-gauge-shotgun-ammo-c-749.aspx
© 24hourcampfire