Home
Posted By: pharmvet Recommend a taser - 12/04/21
My 17 yr old daughter has asked for a taser for Christmas. What’s the best one out there?
Posted By: Jackson_Handy Re: Recommend a taser - 12/04/21
I believe you're referring to a stun-gun. I doubt taser sells to non le.

I would suggest pepper spray or actual self defense training.
Posted By: Happy_Camper Re: Recommend a taser - 12/04/21

Give her a gift certificate for Filipino martial arts school if you have one within driving distance. If you are near a big Texas city, there's one to be found. Look for Modern Arnis.
Arnis, Escrima and Kali academies are not created equal, so check reviews and attend two weeks each as a non commitment sample to try out. Attend with your daughter to build that relationship, give her a practice partner at home, and to stave off the male attention. The skills will far exceed any stun gun you can buy.
Posted By: Gooch_McGrundle Re: Recommend a taser - 12/04/21
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
I believe you're referring to a stun-gun. I doubt taser sells to non le.

I would suggest pepper spray or actual self defense training.

Taser sells products for personal use. The Taser Pulse is a smaller unit that can be concealed.
Posted By: Esox357 Re: Recommend a taser - 12/04/21
Get her a good knife with some training and pepper spray.
Here is a few reasons Tasers aren’t great:

1: Only about 50% effective at getting a good connection.

2: As soon as the cycle is complete, the bad guy goes back to being just as dangerous as they were. You’ll have 5 seconds to figure what to do next.

3: If you hold the trigger to continue the application beyond the normal 5 second cycle, you’re getting into a gray area where there is an increased likelihood of life threatening complications. Especially if “dart to heart” occurs. This is highly likely if being attacked, since the bad guy will be head on

4: If you miss, you probably wont get a second shot.

5: Training is really important because Taser will throw you under the bus in a heartbeat if you don’t follow their protocol and maintenance to the T.
Posted By: BALLISTIK Re: Recommend a taser - 12/04/21
Martial arts/self defense classes and good Situational Awareness would do better than anything except a gun w/ SA, but it takes more dedication. Tasers, mace, or knives may make the situation worse for a female against a determined man.
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: Recommend a taser - 12/04/21
Taser used to sell a civilian model. The difference between it, and the police taser was that the civilian model didn't have a 5 second cycle. It lasted for like 30 seconds. The idea was that you deploy it, drop it and make your getaway in the 30 seconds. Maybe a little google foo will help you out in that direction.

These are Modern Arnis basics.
The first month or so should teach the twelve striking angles, blocks, counters, and disarms. Pattern drills and empty hands/ no weapons will be mixed in.
The sticks represent any impact or bladed weapon.
Your daughter may go through many weapons in a lifetime, but will carry the skills to use any any all of them skillfully if the practice is invested. Just a suggestion.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Recommend a taser - 12/04/21
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle

2: As soon as the cycle is complete, the bad guy goes back to being just as dangerous as they were. You’ll have 5 seconds to figure what to do next.

3: If you hold the trigger to continue the application beyond the normal 5 second cycle, you’re getting into a gray area where there is an increased likelihood of life threatening complications. Especially if “dart to heart” occurs. This is highly likely if being attacked, since the bad guy will be head on

5: Training is really important because Taser will throw you under the bus in a heartbeat if you don’t follow their protocol and maintenance to the T.

This ^^^^^

Get the young lady a couple cans of good spray...Let her use one can to actually see how it deploys. Wind drift, stream, distance.

Then have a t-shirt made that say’s “My Dad Will Hunt You Down and Kill Everything You Loved”

🦫
Posted By: ribka Re: Recommend a taser - 12/04/21
is she prepared to spend 8 to 10 hours a week training in martial arts for years?

Common sense is 100 times better like not going home with a cute guy she met at your friend's party or bar at 2 am or getting drunk at a friend of a friend's cute boyfriend's house.

tasers are worthless if she has no training. Dart to the heart ? lol
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper

No ^^^^^

Here’s why vvvvv

🦫

6. THEY NEVER WORK.

drive stuns are ok for pain compliance, but other than that they are worthless.

The only people that like tasers are taser salesmen and taser instructors.
Posted By: Muffin Re: Recommend a taser - 12/04/21
Which taser?????

This one.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2u18
Posted By: jdunham Re: Recommend a taser - 12/04/21

6. THEY NEVER WORK.

This. It will do nothing but give her a false sense of security. Find a legitimate self defense class that stresses situational awareness and using simple weapons/self defense options if she god forbid ends up in a bad situation,

6. THEY NEVER WORK.

Unless you’re drunk. Then, even the drive stuns don’t do anything! I zapped myself repeatedly and it just made me lose more confidence in it.

Every young lady would benefit especially by a good combat teacher. I've trained all types of people and tested what I recommended thoroughly in various real world scenarios.
What you showed is one guy competing in a controlled environment with one other...nothing more.
Posted By: Buck720 Re: Recommend a taser - 12/04/21
Ruger 44 magnum best taser ever!

Every young lady would benefit especially by a good combat teacher. I've trained all types of people and tested what I recommended thoroughly in various real world scenarios.
What you showed is one guy competing in a controlled environment with one other...nothing more.

Ok, if you say so Kung Pao Chicken

🦫

Posted By: Springcove Re: Recommend a taser - 12/04/21
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Ok, if you say so Kung Poa Chicken

🦫

More like Cum of sum yung guy…
Posted By: P_Weed Re: Recommend a taser - 12/04/21
Originally Posted by pharmvet
My 17 yr old daughter has asked for a taser for Christmas. What’s the best one out there?

- Prayers sent.
Posted By: Springcove Re: Recommend a taser - 12/04/21
I would skip the taser and buy pepper spray. No reason to let a person get that close.

Nice edit job, clown.

What I showed was a guy who took down most of the fake Sensei practitioners of martial arts in China.

I’m shocked you misunderstood that, since fake and BS is your specialty.

🦫
Originally Posted by Springcove
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Ok, if you say so Kung Pao Chicken

🦫

More like Cum of sum yung guy…

That, too...

🦫
What you did was be a beaver doing what beavers do.
Don't worry what the men do. You and spring roll go off and play with each other.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Recommend a taser - 12/04/21
Hey Crappy, how were things down at the dog pound today?
Any more Baskerville hounds attacking you?
Fight off any preachers with those mall ninja skills of yours?
What you did was be a beaver doing what beavers do.
Don't worry what the men do. You and spring roll go off and play with each other.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

🦫
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Hey Crappy, how were things down at the dog pound today?
Any more Baskerville hounds attacking you?
Fight off any preachers with those mall ninja skills of yours?

Bro, today was training day at the Glamper dojo. A full class of unsuspecting kiddies and ladies being showed the latest techniques in how to defend oneself against an attacker armed with a pillow.

LoL

🦫
Crappy Hampers dojo.

Posted By: cs2blue Re: Recommend a taser - 12/04/21
For Us (LE) Maryland taser is just a few degrees off of a lethal use of force. Usage has resulted in death of the person it was used on. Check your state laws on carrying one. Even pepper spray can be ineffective and the bad gay can fight through it and still achieve his goal, whatever that is.! It does work but, not in every instance. So a plan B will be needed.
Posted By: TomT Re: Recommend a taser - 12/04/21
Sig P365 is my “taser” :-)
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Recommend a taser - 12/04/21
Originally Posted by cs2blue
For Us (LE) Maryland taser is just a few degrees off of a lethal use of force. Usage has resulted in death of the person it was used on. Check your state laws on carrying one. Even pepper spray can be ineffective and the bad gay can fight through it and still achieve his goal, whatever that is.! It does work but, not in every instance. So a plan B will be needed.

Excellent Points Sir... Thank You!

My plan B is to never set foot in Maryland again... no offense to you personally, but I will never ever go there again.

My oldest son was born in Annapolis...

I restored Fort McHenry in the late 1990s...

I restored the Thomas Stone's estate near La Plata as well.

But in 2021+... Maryland is no longer a tenable place to transit... under any circumstances.

Place $10k of cash in a brown bag in the Inner Harbor and text/test me of it's location... and it would just sit there. I have come to hate Maryland that very much.

Personally, thanks for your LEO service... I simply have no idea how you do it.
Posted By: cs2blue Re: Recommend a taser - 12/04/21
Cashisking, No offense taken. I am out of the business with 34years of service. it was time to go and I was able to find a county government job. I just retired for the LE. 12/1/2021. My wife has 4 years to go to retire from the county school system then we are moving to Delaware.
Posted By: Razorhog Re: Recommend a taser - 12/04/21
Taser's can and do work. Not 100% but another tool on the vest or belt. I know. I still carry the old X26 model. 50,000 volts. No amps. Amps are what kill. Several have advised OC spray and self defense tactics. I agree they are probably better for your daughter. Good luck.

Vet,

One of the best things to protect your little girl is to keep her from the thousands of young men at universities and state colleges. There's bound to be more than one or two like NV, beaver, and spring roll. I think all parents should look at these forums and ask themselves if they want their children exposed to people who talk trash like that against every decent subject.
That ounce of prevention trumps a ton of cure. If you're a veterinarian you likely know that already.

Whatever you choose, hope she enjoys her gift.

HC

Vet,
One of the best things to protect your little girl is to keep her from the thousands of young men at universities and state colleges. There's bound to be more than one or two like NV, beaver, and spring roll.

HC

Probably good advice since we're heterosexual.

On the other hand Crappy Hamper would be no threat to the young maidens at all, but keep your young boys away. He isn't interested in females.
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: Recommend a taser - 12/04/21
For Us (LE) Maryland taser is just a few degrees off of a lethal use of force.

I was going to log in and add this concept to a +1 to what Gooch_McGrundle said. It is not just Maryland, it is most everywhere. It is not the result of reality, but because of video footage of drama kings and queens coupled with the fact that few, if any, judges have taken the ride, unlike the police that carry them, has created this perception that they are on the high side of force deployment. It also may be the result of overuse by police in situations where they should not have been used. Most people I know would opt to get hit by a Taser instead of a baton in training (an actual fight might vary that answer), and a baton is not viewed as lethal force unless used against never strike (unless lethal force is warranted) areas. Also, when police deploy them, they usually have lethal force options available in the way of cover officers, and follow-up techniques are applied, usually by others, while the bad guy is under load. People I know have decided to opt not to take the training to carry one, and others I know have taken them off their belts and stuffed them somewhere accessible in their vehicles as a result of court cases and public perception.

I would never recommend a Taser as a viable lethal or non-lethal force option for a loved one who doesn't have a belt full of other options. I would go for some training over that technology. Assuming that a firearm or knife is not an option, find someone who can teach some dirty tricks with bare hands and simple tools like kubotans or kubotan equivalent flashlights.
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
For Us (LE) Maryland taser is just a few degrees off of a lethal use of force.

I was going to log in and add this concept to a +1 to what Gooch_McGrundle said. It is not just Maryland, it is most everywhere. It is not the result of reality, but because of video footage of drama kings and queens coupled with the fact that few, if any, judges have taken the ride, unlike the police that carry them, has created this perception that they are on the high side of force deployment. It also may be the result of overuse by police in situations where they should not have been used. Most people I know would opt to get hit by a Taser instead of a baton in training (an actual fight might vary that answer), and a baton is not viewed as lethal force unless used against never strike (unless lethal force is warranted) areas. Also, when police deploy them, they usually have lethal force options available in the way of cover officers, and follow-up techniques are applied, usually by others, while the bad guy is under load. People I know have decided to opt not to take the training to carry one, and others I know have taken them off their belts and stuffed them somewhere accessible in their vehicles as a result of court cases and public perception.

I would never recommend a Taser as a viable lethal or non-lethal force option for a loved one who doesn't have a belt full of other options. I would go for some training over that technology. Assuming that a firearm or knife is not an option, find someone who can teach some dirty tricks with bare hands and simple tools like kubotans or kubotan equivalent flashlights.

This Gentleman knows what he speaks of.......just sayin...
Posted By: Lslite Re: Recommend a taser - 12/04/21
Good friend of mine bought a taser for his wife back in the day.Trouble was,she was the jealous and suspicious type.He was a little late from work one morning and she was hiding behind the door,jumped him from behind as he came in.She hit him in the neck and rode him to the floor holding that button down.Must have been a pretty powerful model,as he woke up in a puddle of snot and piss later and found her gone.
Ask yourself Vet,
Why would NV and others react like total reprobates right after posting this sermon against harm against children?

Any decent man would be against the human trafficking in this evil world. NV's statement reflects his constant lies that falsely accuse out of hatred for Christian morals.
Here you go.
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/16675862/1

It's a good thing you are looking out for the safety of your children and just as much that she is interested in the same. You've taught her well.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Recommend a taser - 12/05/21
LOL, Krappy Hamper loves posting sexual deviant videos. He just can't get enough of that schidt.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Recommend a taser - 12/05/21
Hey Krappy, you better check out the Biggest Bullshiter thread. You're a prime contender.

LOL laugh cry laugh cry
© 24hourcampfire