Home
Coming out at Christmas, but sounds like Denzel Washington transcends mere race. Worth a read for some insights on the guy if true...

https://dnyuz.com/2021/12/04/denzel-washington-man-on-fire/
K, but what are they going to do with Othello?
Aren't most of The Bard's writing considered transcendent of "race" and more along the lines of depicting the Human condition?

However, my wife likes to watch certain TV shows, some set in "the olden days", that have actors of color in roles folks of that persuasion would most likely not have been seen in. But, they're just TV shows.
Originally Posted by urbaneruralite
K, but what are they going to do with Othello?

Chinese the next time around?
“Art tho fatal vision sensible to feeling as to sight???"

Bestus version of "the Scottish play" I have EVER, EVER seen was Patrick Stewart’s last work!!!!
Saw a commercial the other day that had a black Santa! There is nothing the left won’t touch to force feed the racism card down your throat!
I like to complain about putting blacks in historical roles that were white people, but I really like Denzel. And anyway, MacBeth is almost mythical so I don’t think it matters too much. I like everything the Coens do and I like Denzel and Francis a lot.
Wouldn't have thought that role for Denzel. He's a great actor though.
Almost worse than all the current ads showing a plethora of blacks in situations that haven't happened & likely wont ever happen on any kind a realist or significant basis.

All just virtue signaling for whatever part of the buying public they think that the are appealing too.

I've crossed a lot of products off my "OK to buy" list lately........................I really doubt that that marketing strategy is a longterm winner.

MM
Tomorrow?

Does Macduff still kill him, or is that racist?
Originally Posted by JoeBob
I like to complain about putting blacks in historical roles that were white people, but I really like Denzel. And anyway, MacBeth is almost mythical so I don’t think it matters too much. I like everything the Coens do and I like Denzel and Francis a lot.

Imho the bard transcends race. There are many exceptional Shakespearien actors in the UK who happen to be of African descent. Watch Ralph Feinnes version of Coriolanus! It is epic!!
When do they use whitey to pick cotton?
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
The satanvision showed a commercial the other
day for the little orphan annie thing, and the
the little girl with the signature red curly hair is
now a little black gur-rell with a bushy fro

Still waiting for the transexual George Washington
I always wondered how he could dive into all those coins without getting hurt.
Originally Posted by Fubarski

LOL
They're making Little Orphan Annie a black girl, too.
So, it would be OK if I reversed the race of Martin Looter King Jr in a movie and the opening scene is a White, married MLK beating the schitt out of a black whore in a hotel room for 10 minutes??
Nothing new:
Orson Welles did it

Hahahahahahaha!

Oh, mommy that hurt.
Originally Posted by Valsdad
. But, they're just TV shows.

No. They're propaganda. Very effective propaganda.

"Art, it is said, is not a mirror, but a hammer: it does not reflect, it shapes." ~ Leon Trotsky (variously attributed)
What they gonna call him?

Mac Bef ?

Mac Rib ?
Originally Posted by hookeye

Mac Bef ?

Mac Rib ?

Verily, mutha phugkah
Everything is black, even your pecker now.
I wish.
You would have to be a massive little bitch to feel threatened by this.

Mac Rib

LMAO

I can't see McRib and not think of Renegade50—makes me smile every time.
I knew it was all over when Queen Latifa became The Equalizer.
Originally Posted by Stophel

Mac Bef ?

Mac Rib ?

Verily, mutha phugkah

😂
F that BS!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Having black actors in Shakespeare has been done on stage for many decades - this isn't necessarily some new woke thing. James Earl Jones played many big Shakespeare roles in his career.

Har, har. Best post of the month. laugh laugh laugh
Pretty much the pinnacle achievement of acting is to play a leading role in a Shakespeare play, and doubly so for a "major" like Hamlet, Macbeth, Merchant of Venice, or R&J.
WGAF?
Does Disney still sell any “Song of the South” videos?
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
They're making Little Orphan Annie a black girl, too.

At least that makes sense. Annie's new lead song is "Where's My Baby Daddy?"
Black Jesus likes this!

[Linked Image from m.media-amazon.com]
Originally Posted by LongSpurHunter
Black Jesus likes this!

[Linked Image from m.media-amazon.com]

I like the artistic touch of including a big water bong on the floor in front of the table....'n sheeit.
© 24hourcampfire