Home
$540,000,000.00 in face value, printed daily. With $30trillion in debt, it would take 55,560 days, or 152 years to print enough currency to pay off our debt.
Printing money isn't what pays off our debt- it just creates legal tender for the masses to use for small purchases. A roughly equal amount of old, damaged bills are destroyed at the same time new money is printed.... our debt is paid by tax dollars and other accrual, which is all digital and doesn't rely on printed bills....
That puts things into perspective.

I wonder what it would cost to print enough $100 bills to pay $30 trillion in cash?

How many tractor trailers would it take to haul the cash?
Originally Posted by Sheister
Printing money isn't what pays off our debt- it just creates legal tender for the masses to use for small purchases. A roughly equal amount of old, damaged bills are destroyed at the same time new money is printed.... our debt is paid by tax dollars and other accrual, which is all digital and doesn't rely on printed bills....

Really?

LOL
The question that no one in the fed can answer with a straight face....

...How do you fix a debt problem by adding more debt?
Originally Posted by kingston
That puts things into perspective.

I wonder what it would cost to print enough $100 bills to pay $30 trillion in cash?

How many tractor trailers would it take to haul the cash?

30trillion in dollar bills would stack to the moon 5 times I believe. I did the math one day bored.
© 24hourcampfire