Home
About 15 years ago I did a baseline stress test and the nurse doing the test noticed I had a low heart rate. They were concerned about Bradycardia so I got an EKG. Turns out I just have a low resting heart rate @60bpm, which is usually found among elite athletes whose hearts pump efficiently. cool

At my dr appt a few weeks ago, my current doctor commented that I was a lucky bastid because he believes that everyone is born with a certain number of heartbeats and I’ll use mine up slower than most. That day he showed me his own heart rate was 87bpm.

But, he did say that my BP was up a bit, so has me checking and recording it 3x a week for 3 months. I told him my BP is probably up because I’m generally pissed off about dumb chitt people do. But I’m dutifully checking my BP

As usual, my heart rate is usually 58 to 60. Tonight, I noticed my heart rate was 51. Feel perfectly normal, had a particularly relaxing weekend. My BP is bang on, too.

I think I’ll have a drink to celebrate.
68-70 right now.

Don't want to check my BP, back is killing me today.
52 relaxing in the chair. Maybe leftovers from running 30 miles a week in my twenties? Or perhaps simple genetics. Doctors sometimes look surprised to see I am not on any meds. Which surprised me the first time it happened. I was 41. Are there really that many folks in their early forties on BP and other meds?
Was 47 BPM this August at my annual physical. The nurse was concerned and it fell in the “at risk” category. That was from a company that does physicals for various schools and businesses, and not at my GP. My family doctor later said it was most likely due to 5-6 workouts a week and eating a diet low in wasted carbs and triglycerides. I always learned in Exercise Physiology that anything under 60 bpm was healthy. I wouldn’t call myself an elite athlete but generally have good health.
Mine stays in the 40's, whenever a nurse checks it they're surprised and/or recheck it . I've laid in bed calm and checked it in the 30's. Had them report it to the Dr. and discuss it with him more than once.
I could hold my breath for five minutes back in the day - not now tho
72, just got back from dropping off my 2 yr old grandson so have only been sitting down for about 10 minutes.
About 52-54.
Originally Posted by OldGrayWolf
52 relaxing in the chair. Maybe leftovers from running 30 miles a week in my twenties? Or perhaps simple genetics. Doctors sometimes look surprised to see I am not on any meds. Which surprised me the first time it happened. I was 41. Are there really that many folks in their early forties on BP and other meds?

didn't need them till I was about 54, just need to lose about 25 lbs.
Low 50s. Always been pretty healthy tho.
Originally Posted by Whelenman
About 52-54.

Damn! You're gonna live forever!
Typically in the 50s.
My resting rate is usually in the 52-54 range. I was told back in my Army days, that I had Bradycardia. I ran a lot, but would really consider myself a slightly above average runner. At 56, I can still get out and run 4 miles at a 10 minute mile pace.
Recent was 124 over 76 thanks to meds.
72 BPM
BP 121/81
OX93
Setting on the couch and just ate a Hershey bar.
Just checked. 54. It'll drop into the upper 40s sometimes if I lay down for a few minutes.
Mine runs high, always has, but has slowed some finally.
Bike, run, sports, never changed it.
Was always high at rest.

Resting HR - 50's

No medicines.

I'm in my prime....
Well, unlike you fit guys, I hate to say that I’m 62 and 50 lbs overweight. Covid hasn’t helped. Really should get more exercise, though.
Bullschit Elky.
80 right now.
Been on couch a while.
But my knee and shoulder hurting so is up.
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
Well, unlike you fit guys, I hate to say that I’m 62 and 50 lbs overweight. Covid hasn’t helped. Really should get more exercise, though.

I could use a 15lb drop and I'm a few years older than you.

Just checked again, as I bought one of those pulse oximeters in case I get The Corona.
66 now.

BP is mostly under control with some pills.
Mines always around 75-76. Smoker, Lyme, Hashimotos....none are helping things.
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana

I could use a 15lb drop and I'm a few years older than you.

Just checked again, as I bought one of those pulse oximeters in case I get The Corona.
66 now.

BP is mostly under control with some pills.

That was actually the reason I went to the doctor. Slavyanka’s pulse oximeter was showing my blood oxygen at 92, while it showed 98 or 99 on everyone else.

Doc told me that if your hands are cold they don’t work right. His PO showed me at 98.

He did say they are a great item that are pretty cheap right now. His first one was over $900. Thinks everyone should have one, and an electronic BP unit.
Resting heart rate is usually around 50 for me.
Do Not Know
Really do not care.
It is still Beating so i am Alive.
126/75, hb 68
Last time I saw my heart Dr. my BP was 110/61 and my Pulse was 68. No meds for the BP. I'll be 71 this week and pretty over weight. Guess I'll make it to 72.
my heart rate has always been high. Probably about the slowest I have ever counted my heart rate was about 70. And this was back in high school. It is the same today, 30 years later. Some doctors think it's not that big a deal. Some absolutely freak out about it.
Originally Posted by Stophel
my heart rate has always been high. Probably about the slowest I have ever counted my heart rate was about 70. And this was back in high school. It is the same today, 30 years later. Some doctors think it's not that big a deal. Some absolutely freak out about it.

Same thing here. Usually 80-83BPM, always has been even in high school. Good BP and am active. Is what it is.
54 right now. I picked up 20 covid pounds that are not helping for sure.
About 60 when I wake up.

75 or 80 or so throughout the day.
I just checked mine. Its 88

But I’m clinching hard, been eating walnuts and pecans. I gotta take a fierce dump SOON

So I’m kind of stressed but lazy at the same time

72 after a five minute sneezing fit from allergies
Originally Posted by slumlord

But I’m clinching hard, been eating walnuts and pecans. I gotta take a fierce dump SOON

Don't want to rush it

In my late 20’s when I was running a lot (5K’s thru Marathons), mine was pretty slow. Sometimes when checking my pulse immediately after waking up from a good nights sleep, my pulse rate was 38......most of the time it was in the low 40’s!

Now, being in the superb condition that I’m in.....I’m lucky to occasionally be in the low 60’s ! I’m sure that if I got back into a regular cardio routine, I could get into the mid to upper 50’s! But, I’m too lazy with no motivation! memtb
Depends on if I am resting after sex and chilling or if I am resting and her husband comes home. grin
Originally Posted by slumlord

Shīt...we bought a couple pounds of whole nuts at the store.

Been eating the hell out of them.
Hi 50s
Age 70
Originally Posted by funshooter
Do Not Know
Really do not care.
It is still Beating so i am Alive.

That is my mentality too. It is what it is and no one gets out alive. If I go to the doctor and he tells me there is something wrong with me won't that raise my blood pressure? I just don't want to know.
Usually in the upper 40s which causes issues when I give blood. Anything below 50 and they have to have their doctor sign off on it. Years ago I was on blood pressure medicine until I had my physical and it was 36. Needless to say I am not on BP meds anymore. It’s funny how much it will vary from visit to visit. Dave
Originally Posted by OldGrayWolf

One of my grandsons has been on BP meds since high school. Kept him from playing football.
I'm about to turn 75 years old, so the only heartrate I care about is "still working."
Worked out a lot when I was in my twenties and had to go to the hospital with severe poison ivy all over my back and chest. My heart rate was 35 at the time, Dr wanted to admit me to the hospital until I told him my workout regime which was running 6 miles a day and 4 times a week doing weights. 40 years later it is 60.
resting heartrate has always been high, mid 80s most days. BP started skyrocketing about 5 years ago, now I take beta blocker and 2 types BP meds.
High 50 low 60
Was having issues of blood pressure and high heart rate for seemling no reason (went through all the heart / blockage checks) heart rate was commonly over 100 . Now Days bystolic medicated BP good heart rate usually in 50's ..
128/72 BP and 71 HR.

Both arms checked... this AM

Higher than I like, but I have been damn lazy and drunk this year.
"my current doctor commented that I was a lucky bastid because he believes that everyone is born with a certain number of heartbeats"

If he really believes that I'd find another doctor.
My resting heat rate has been 60 or slightly less for as far back as I can remember no matter what kind of physical condition I was in. My resting respiration rate when I was 21 was 5 breaths per minute when I was going through my Army medical training. The instructor thought I was holding my breath but I wasn't. When I had a TIA on January 6 of this year the monitor alarm kept going of because my respiration rate was too low. I finally got the night nurse to turn off the respiration monitor so I could get some sleep.
Checked mine this morning while drinking coffee 45 bpm checked it twice
BPM - 69 . . . O2 - 97 . . . BP - 132/72
© 24hourcampfire