Home

Who the hell thought we wanted that?
My dogs
It gets cooked in place at Nana’s house

lol

what a dingbat
Originally Posted by slumlord

you're supposed to rub them on squeaky door hinges!

Dude the best gravy.
Originally Posted by Sycamore

you're supposed to rub them on squeaky door hinges!

Boomers sure flocked to that thread

laffing
Dice up the gizzard and liver, stir them in the gravy and live a little.... the neck goes to the dog... win/win
Stew them in a pot with some chicken broth, onion, celery, bay leaf. Make gravy with the stock
We do gravy with chicken both and hellifIknow what else but it’s good
Mennonite guy that butchers our hogs, gives us two clean halves to cut up, always has the organ meat. Tell him to give that scheit to his dog.
Ate enough garbage growing up. My days of liver, brains, heart etc.. are well passed.
'Bama folks probably luv dat giblet gravy......good drinkins..

Roll gravy!
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Mennonite guy that butchers our hogs, gives us two clean halves to cut up, always has the organ meat. Tell him to give that scheit to his dog.
Ate enough garbage growing up. My days of liver, brains, heart etc.. are well passed.

Haha Jack.... you hi falutin fuucker.... smile
Deer liver pan fried in butter with onions takes a back seat to nothing! smile
Originally Posted by irfubar

Some retard brought a deer heart to our annual Hatteras fishing trip last year. I think he's watched too much meat eater. Grow up Hillbilly and there's some things you just don't need to do again.
lmfao

Save me the piss soaked shanks with tarsal squeezins

🤮

Hah, my Mom would have kicked me out if I didn't bring her home the deer liver. Sliced thin, fried up and shoved between white bread, yum!

Some retard brought a deer heart to our annual Hatteras fishing trip last year. I think he's watched too much meat eater. Grow up Hillbilly and there's some things you just don't need to do again.

I have to admit.... that is just stupid. Show appreciation, bacon wrapped fillets would be much more appropriate... smile
Liver and hearts go good with turnip greens , Poor folk food , Glad to have it back when I was a kid.
Catfish bait
Originally Posted by EFHutton
Liver and hearts go good with turnip greens , Poor folk food , Glad to have it back when I was a kid.

glad to have it back when I was a kid too. Glad that I don't need it anymore now.
You young folk wouldn't understand, but the gibbets were cooked out to make dressing
Originally Posted by EFHutton

glad to have it back when I was a kid too. Glad that I don't need it anymore now.

I grew up poor , We’d trade a couple live coons for a white Turkey at the trade days in the fall , Daddy had a Oldsmobile station wagon with mud tires on the back , hauled a many of animals in that car .
When I pulled the neck out of the cavity my kids said what's its neck doing up its bum. I said if it's OK for our president it's OK for our turkey. Get the holiday politics started before the birds in the oven.

The neck and giblets go right in the garbage at our house. Depression era people always told me growing up that boiling the neck makes great gravy. I found out that so does all the drippings in the bottom of the roasting bag. Wife prefers the knorr envelope packet gravy. Maybe by the time the dems are done with our economy we'll all be wanting giblets and turkey necks like our grandparents. We've had it too good.

Bb
I boil all that stuff to make my gravy....give it a few hours to simmer, then I put the heart, liver, etc through a garlic press and it gives perfect flavor and texture.
Dice up the gizzard and liver, stir them in the gravy and live a little.... the neck goes to the dog... win/win

you seem to have forgotten the heart.

And the neck got picked today and the larger pieces went in the soup pot. The smaller ones to the pile of skin, picked cartilage, and scraps that will get run through the Osterizer and turned into dog biscuits tomorrow.
We boil them, use the broth in the dressing, and cut the guts and neck meat up to add to the dressing.

There are sure a bunch of pussified picky people here who obviously didn't grow up on small farms and some who know what to do with the packet.
Offer them bag of guts to your black neighbors
only black man I know of for at least 6 miles is a retired Navy officer. I get his mail by accident in my box. Our mail lady is dyslexic

Might be insulted if I carried a snapping turtle and some carp up to him. I don’t know, never can tell
Originally Posted by stxhunter

Dude the best gravy.

Exactly. What passes for turkey gravy in a lot of places is oily Elmer's glue.
Yes. Gravy and dressing.
Sell that chit to CiCi’s pizza for pepperoni!
I’ll never forget the look on my kids face when I pulled out the neck, held it up and told my kids the Turkey must have been a boy
That stuff was the most popular in my family. The neck was for the oldest, the gizzards were what we fought over.
I would buy turkey necks at the store when they had them and cook them in the slow cooker with a little mushroom soup.

There's quite a bit of meat on the neck.
Originally Posted by windridge
We boil them, use the broth in the dressing, and cut the guts and neck meat up to add to the dressing.

There are sure a bunch of pussified picky people here who obviously didn't grow up on small farms and some who know what to do with the packet.

Exactly what we do. Stuffing ain't stuffing without the goodies, and btw, I never let a heart or liver go to waist.
Always used to make gravy.
The gizzard man!

If I can score the gizzards and the oysters it a great turkey day.
Boil the neck, heart and liver, shred the meat off the neck with a fork, mince the heart and liver, use the broth, celery and onions, to make stuffing.

Gravy is made with all the drippings in the bottom of the pan, usually about a couple quarts of liquid, includes whatever overstuffed fell in the bottom. Pour through a strainer into a skillet, add flour and water.

Kent
Always use the turkey drippings and the giblets, stewed and diced for gravy.
Deer heart is the first thing to be eaten here, pan fried or smoked, guess I am full retard. Liver soaked blood out and sliced thin with onions is next.

Love chicken gizzards and livers, smoked livers and mash up with mustard and horseradish is a favorite.

With all the kids around the table at our place, the neck off a chicken did not go to waste, it was mine every time as the girls did not like it, suited me. Wish I could buy chicken hearts by the tub. I buy a couple extra packs of smoked turkey necks from the Kroger to add to the ones in the packet to make the giblet gravy. Waste not, want not.
I eat the heart and gizzard. No one else in family will eat them. I was introduced to them by my grandfather and for as long as I can remember he and I would share them on turkey day. To this day I still eat them, thanks to my Grandfather!

They're boiled, then just the water's used to hydrate the stuffing... You never knew that?? laugh laugh
Originally Posted by windridge
That's exactly what I think too - a bunch of spoiled pussies.
Deer heart is awesome stuffed with croutons, braised, sliced and on a sandwich.
Didn't have time to simmer it for gravy this year. Neck went into the bone bag in the freezer. Animal bones and such all go into the freezer bag. When it fills up we pressure cook a batch to make broth for soups.

If people are squeamish about liver, cook it until it crumbles and then add it to soup. It adds the layer of depth that most soups are missing and people have no idea.
OK, I guess I am the wierdo here but I like hearts and gizzards. The neck and livers, not so much but fried hearts and gizzards are good. Pickled gizzards are even better. 4 pickled turkey gizzards and a 6 pack is dinner fit for a king. smile
chop it all up along with the carcass, some onions, celery, poultry season and a gallon or two of water and boil the schit out of it. cool it, skim the fat and freeze it for several months and then throw it away when you're making room for something you'll actually eat.

Woodchuck liver is a lot better than deer liver. I leave deer livers with the gut pile.
Dont eat that stuff.
Spent time as a kid on a farm.
Didnt eat it then.

Kill deer and other too.

Striated skeletal muscle tissue only.
© 24hourcampfire