Home
Posted By: pullit Sunny side up or scrambled eggs - 12/06/21
Scrambled for me but if I eat Sunny side up eggs, I want them done, not runny, don't want to chase my food around the plate

What about you
Runny please.
Snotty?
Over medium, whites firm still a runny yoke.
Whites done, yolks runny ( buttery toast to soak it up ).
Or scrambled...but fluffy scrambled.

Only 2 ways Ill eat eggs.
I could go the rest of my life without eating scrambled eggs..........................except for maybe in fried rice and such. Reminds me too much of cafeteria and Scout food. Too lazy or not enough time to cook them properly.

Two cackelberries lookin' at me, whites "cooked" by spooning bacon grease over them until they're set a bit.

I tell my wife, when she orders her eggs "over" that she means "overdone".

Poached eggs, still runny, ain't bad either.
Sunny side up, not quite crisp bacon.
Sunny side up. Cover with a lid and the top will cook perfectly.
Sunny up always. Whites firm and yolks warm and runny to be mixed with the hash browns or dabbed with the toast.

I'll eat scrambled, but memories of mess hall dehydrated eggs are unpleasant.
Originally Posted by NVhntr

^^
A connoisseur of the lowly but wholesome ass apples.
Over easy, scrambled. omelet. Will eat them learing at me all runny, but not my preference.
gotta be over medium and barely runny. no slime for me.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

'bout right !!
Who besides myself puts hot sauce on their eggs? Black pepper and hot sauce for me, can do salsa but and good with black pepper and hot sauce.
Sunny side up. Runny or not, I will sop up everything with my toast or home fries. Yes to the hot sauce and black pepper.
Hot sauce is such a given that nobody thought it necessary to mention it. It's equivalent to asking if we use plates and silverware to eat eggs.
Dippy eggs, as the wife calls them, cooked in bacon grease. Dip toast in yokes.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Over medium without runny whites. Scrambled only when I can mix in stuff for an omelet.
Over easy with sea salt, coarse ground black pepper and tiger sauce. Cholula if I run out of Tiger sauce, sometimes add alderwood smoked salt.
Over medium
Sunny side up
If I go sunny side up, they have to be on top of raw fried potatoes or pancakes….scrambled call for a little catsup and red rooster…
Over medium or scrambled. A scrambled egg sandwich is one of my favorite sandwiches. Plenty of black pepper and a good smear of mayo. Delicious.
Originally Posted by New_2_99s

'bout right !!

Looks perfect!
Nah. I make a mean western omelette.
Originally Posted by JGray

'bout right !!

Looks perfect!

Almost, but the syrup has contaminated the fried eggs. Egg foul.

Just about PERFECT

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com][size:20pt][/size]
Sunnyside up unless in a hurry then scrambled, either way, covered in Picante sauce.
Rocky, being poor folk. We hardly ever had sausage gravy. So it was egg gravy.

Here's some I made a while back, over some toast, with lots of cracked black.

Make the scrambled eggs go down much easier

I'll eat 'em any way I can get 'em! Number one preference is three over easy, runny yolks plopped on top of three slices of fried goetta. All minced up and mixed together. If you gonna scramble 'em, as much stuff as you got to mix in with 'em, or throw on top of 'em. Developed a hankering for salsa verde when I was starting up plants in Mexico... It's all good...
Over lite and just put em on top of the grits
Over easy with a side of bacon not crisp, homefries cooked with onions and toast.
Over easy with hot sauce and black pepper. Side of scrapple with a crisp "skin".
Originally Posted by Orion2000
I'll eat 'em any way I can get 'em! Number one preference is three over easy, runny yolks plopped on top of three slices of fried goetta. All minced up and mixed together. If you gonna scramble 'em, as much stuff as you got to mix in with 'em, or throw on top of 'em. Developed a hankering for salsa verde when I was starting up plants in Mexico... It's all good...

just made some fermented salsa verde.
Definitely scrambled.

I can't stand any runniness AT ALL.
Originally Posted by Orion2000

Over cooked the eggs a little;

leftover pulled pork for breakfast, why the heck not !

Over easy served facedown on toast. Side of about 3 homemade sausage patties and a little brown mustard and I’m in heaven. Me and dad’s meal on every opening day together since 1990.
I like eggs. Boiled, poached, hard fried, scrambled, over easy, over medium, pickled. I like eggs.
I do throw some cheese in my scrambled eggs.
Originally Posted by pullit
I do throw some cheese in my scrambled eggs.

Swiss cheese is really good.
Dayem, now I’m hungry!
Originally Posted by smarquez
Over medium without runny whites. Scrambled only when I can mix in stuff for an omelet.

this.
I'll take mine scrambled (with onion,celery, bell pepper all chopped) or over easy with bacon.
Originally Posted by Owl
Rocky, being poor folk. We hardly ever had sausage gravy. So it was egg gravy.

Here's some I made a while back, over some toast, with lots of cracked black.

Make the scrambled eggs go down much easier

in Navy life, we call that SOS
While I like them best scrambled or in their own gravy (runny), any ole way works for me. Always with hot sauce.
Sunny side up, cooked whites and completely runny yolks. Bacon and/or breakfast sausage for yolk mopping.

'bout right !!

Very nice.

You fry in butter or the bacon grease?
Eggs are to be fried in the bacon grease. C'mon man!
Originally Posted by mathman
Eggs are to be fried in the bacon grease. C'mon man!

Hey, I’ve learned people is different. 😆
Scrambled for me but if I eat Sunny side up eggs, I want them done, not runny, don't want to chase my food around the plate

What about you

Generally speaking, my intention is always over-easy, but it I break a yolk, I'll make it scrambled instead. I don't ever make them sunny side up.
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Hot sauce is such a given that nobody thought it necessary to mention it. It's equivalent to asking if we use plates and silverware to eat eggs.

Original Tabasco.

If I do scrambled, they are going to have peppers, onions meat and cheese.
Potato if I have a baked one handy.

For sunny side up.
They are usually cooked after meat, lately hamburger steak.
Dump them in, pepper and a light garlic salt,
a little water for steam and a lid for just long enough to stiffen the snot.

By then the burger is cut up, eggs go on top so the yolk runs into
the meat. Tabasco, maybe ketchup.

Nope.
Not OCD. about my food.
Basted medium.......
Originally Posted by Muffin
Basted medium.......

Should have added, basted medium and laid on top of firm, not stiff and lumpy, but firm grits........... NO CHEESE.....................
Originally Posted by Owl

Just about PERFECT

I do mine like that. Same pan but use a lid to allow the tops to cook without flipping. It's perfect!

2nd in line are soft boiled eggs on toast.

'bout right !!

I'm not picky but that looks about perfect!
I like both. Scrambled while still slightly liquid with diced ham. Yum.

Or sunny side up easy. I cook mine by preheating the pan at medium enough to melt the butter, cracking in the eggs and immediately turning the burner all the way down. Add a tablespoon of water and cover. The instant the yolks start to glaze over, remove from heat and plate. Gives a nice hot but still runny yolk to mix with grits and doesn't need to be turned over, reducing the chances of breaking the yolk. The best part is the white is nice and tender with no crispy parts.
Cook them in bacon grease, use the spatula to wash grease over the tops until whites are firm, yolks runny. Nothing beats home smoked bacon dipped in a runny yolk. Good biscuit with some sausage gravy, salt and pepper on the eggs, there is breakfast,

'bout right !!

Yup!
I like both also like boiled eggs.
I've yet to find a substitute for a free ranging country egg over easy or medium egg that's been fried in the grease from cooking country cured ham slices in a cast iron skillet.

The epitome of ham n eggs.
I like them about every way except in an orange peel. Never understood why cooking an egg in an orange peel was supposed to help a scout in a survival situation. How bad is it if you have oranges and eggs?
never heard of the orange peal thing
Originally Posted by las
Over easy, scrambled. omelet. Will eat them learing at me all runny, but not my preference.

^^^This^^^ Served with really crispy bacon and biscuits.
Peanut Butter mixed with Karo Syrup to sop up with the biscuits.

And only dumbasses put fuggin Tabasco sauce on eggs. 🤮
Over Easy.

'bout right !!

you understand why God gave us eggs
Originally Posted by ribka

'bout right !!

you understand why God gave us eggs

Yeah, what time do we come over in the morning? (Grin)

3 over easy, with Heinz ketchup and Heinz only, with black pepper eaten on buttered toast preferably at Waffle House or my house laugh

Mike
Over easy, Rye toast, Corn beef hash, black coffee.

This is the correct answer.
If eating out i usually get a ham and cheese omelet.

At home i have scrambled on a plate or sandwich with a slice of cheese and mayo.

At Mom's house if she makes it i will eat sunny side up on a pile of rice.

I will sometimes cube potatoes some onion and refry some rice with eggs scrambled in when the taters are soft.

Boiled are good and so is poached eggs.

Deviled eggs are darn good.
I reckon most people like eggs. It's kinda what we were designed to do.
Sunny up and runny.
Otherwise raw in a beer.

Osky

This
I’ll eat almost any eggs.

My favorite is scrambled and leftover bratwurst thin sliced mixed in with salsa over the top. Black coffee and rye toast on the side.

Thank me later.
Over easy if I'm picking, but I'll cull them all.
Over easy with fried country ham and grits. Black coffee and rye toast.
I was never much for fried ham. It had a metallic twang in the taste.
Originally Posted by Owl

Just about PERFECT

Exactly.
Yes. I like eggs. From raw to hard-boiled, and every way in between.
Over hard cooked in bacon grease.
Over easy and chopped so fine your could eat them with a straw. Sop up whatever’s left with the hash browns.
Or if you don’t have time to chase them……

All three.
Originally Posted by Barney_Fife
Or if you don’t have time to chase them……

Eggs in a nest. Good stuff if fried in butter with quality bread.
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right

3 over easy, with Heinz ketchup and Heinz only, with black pepper eaten on buttered toast preferably at Waffle House or my house laugh

Mike

Jesus Fugkin Christ….
Poached
When I was a kid my Mom always made them over hard. That is what I am used to. I have been thinking I should try some over easy.

Mike

Maybe have an egg with that ketchup?

'bout right !!

That ain't 'about right, that is perfect. I would prefer a little more crisp on the edges of the whites, but I'd eat those all day long.
Originally Posted by naiche
Over hard cooked in bacon grease.

Correct answer

What about you

Same with me. The same with boiled eggs. I don't like the sound of slurping an oyster....
Three egg omelette, mushrooms, spinach, cheese, salt and pepper to suit, with crispy bacon and buttered multigrain sourdough on the side.....not to mention strong black coffee.
I make scrambled trainwreck. You start with an over heated cheap pan with half the non stick coating missing, not enough oil, keep flipping and scraping the eggs until the mess is sort of hard to recognize and rubbery and can be picked up with two fingers and eaten before you finish walking with the plate to the table.
Over easy or an omelet for me. If I have to eat scrambled, I want them the way my Granny made them. Crack the individual eggs on a hot griddle and crack the yolks with the spatula. Once the whites start to get firm, mix them up by flipping until everything is cooked. You have a nice mixture of white and yolk scrambled together.

Mike

No offense but it looks like somebody threw up on you plate, right next to your hash browns
Originally Posted by SandBilly

'bout right !!

Very nice.

You fry in butter or the bacon grease?

Basted in bacon grease !!
Scrambled. Heavy on the onions
5 pages???? We can do better.
If there are pictures on the menu, they ALWAYS show them sunny-up. That's how they're meant to be served.

If you like them some other way, you're an iconoclast, a trouble-maker, and were likely a juvenile delinquent. Harrrumph!
Not an egg guy at all (you could rob me with a runny egg),IF I HAD TO,mabey ,scrambled well done,otherwise i could go the rest of my life eggless.
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
If there are pictures on the menu, they ALWAYS show them sunny-up. That's how they're meant to be served.

If you like them some other way, you're an iconoclast, a trouble-maker, and were likely a juvenile delinquent. Harrrumph!

Damn straight!
I like eggs in many configurations. I like to be able to dip toast in the yolk, and I also like to have a solid yolk. What I CANNOT stand is runny white, AKA egg snot.
Originally Posted by 5sdad
I like eggs in many configurations. I like to be able to dip toast in the yolk, and I also like to have a solid yolk. What I CANNOT stand is runny white, AKA egg snot.

Correct.
Over easy, mixed with butter and ripped up toast in a bowl, or with butter sandwiched between 2 pancakes.
© 24hourcampfire