Home
Today was the day..... a flock of starlings has been crapping all over the place all Fall. Snuck up on them this morning, finally, and lit off 1-1/8 oz of #8’s through an IC choke at 40 yards....starlings fell like rain.

Had a skip in my step all day.
Clothes on?

Uhhh nothing I guess
I've had fun in the last 24 but it wasn't with any clothes on
Was a nice calm morning, two coyotes down.
Mange is bad this year.

Osky
I gave the borough I work for and it's citizens an early Christmas gift. we have a sitting councilman who has field somewhere arouna hundred complaints about trespassers on an adjacent property to his. its an old facoty property. he files complaints against the police for "not doing anything yada yada yada. tonight I handed every citizen in attendance a packet of over 30 photograpghs of this same councilman trespasssing on the evry same property. I then asked all in attendance if they had any questuions for the esteemed representative regarding trespassing

I have neevr seen anyone's face turn that red before
does having your clothes on but a body part sticking out still considered "clothes on"? If so it was a fun day with the neighbor gal on lunch break. Asking for a friend.
Watching Red Dwarf reruns with my wife. A woman that belly-laughs at those is a rare treasure.
Set up my new Wilson Micrometer Case Trimmer, and trimmed brass. It’s one finely engineered piece of equipment!!
My bride fired up the new Makita 36v chainsaw I gave her on a 12" pine...

She is crazy happy with her new toy.

I may get an extra kiss tonight...

#Hopeful
Originally Posted by Dutch
Today was the day..... a flock of starlings has been crapping all over the place all Fall. Snuck up on them this morning, finally, and lit off 1-1/8 oz of #8’s through an IC choke at 40 yards....starlings fell like rain.

Had a skip in my step all day.

Congrats on the Starlings!
Originally Posted by gitem_12
I gave the borough I work for and it's citizens an early Christmas gift. we have a sitting councilman who has field somewhere arouna hundred complaints about trespassers on an adjacent property to his. its an old facoty property. he files complaints against the police for "not doing anything yada yada yada. tonight I handed every citizen in attendance a packet of over 30 photograpghs of this same councilman trespasssing on the evry same property. I then asked all in attendance if they had any questuions for the esteemed representative regarding trespassing

L M A O !!!
Checking my inguinal hernia incision for infection. Loads of fun.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
I haven't had any damn fun in the last 24 hours.
Pretty uneventful.
Orange cat and I hung out and shes a sweety.
Makes my day a little brighter.

Pisses the ol lady off how the cat adores me and not her.
Probably rubbing around just before losing those dam clothes
Originally Posted by Salmonella

Yeah baby! Good on ya! 30 lbs or so?
Helping my six year old grandson get his second deer. He got an 8 pointer last week with our son/his dad. Now it was my turn. He got another buck.
Amazing light on that pic.

Badass.
Originally Posted by Salmonella

Oh, yeah, Mom, can I stay over for dinner at Salmonella’s house?
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Probably rubbing around just before losing those dam clothes

We have a winner!
I know the feeling Dutch. I had just got done pressure washing the kitchen bay windows and they made a bombing run and later that evening the bastids decided to roost in the scrub maple at about 40 yds straight out on of the windows. I opened the window and the wife says WTF as I drained the gun and it rained starlings. I had a warm fuzzy feeling for a while.
I trimmed a hanging limb and cut up some downed limbs for an 80+ year old couple and they fed me lunch. And she is a great cook. Some great fun. They keep telling me how great I am and I tell them to not tell anyone. It would be against what folks think about me. RZ.
Worked on getting my new portable/breakdown reloading bench set up.
Holding in a major shart while running to the bathroom.
Got through half a can of Copenhagen.
Santa delivered my new Kubota M7060 4WD with loader bucket and grapple.
My three year old grand daughter thinks I'm cool.

LMFAO

👍🏼🦫
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle

Pfft....Rook !

I’m crushing a can and a half each day.

Cancer be damned.

😬🦫
Welded a new door together for my mom's storm shelter.
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Pfft....Rook !

Cancer be damned.

😬🦫

Use to dip in junior high and high school, I'd just swallow it. Coach caught me dipping once, gave me the option of licks, or swallowing the dip. I laughed and swallowed it and went to my next class.

Pfft....Rook !

Cancer be damned.

😬🦫

Haha, I’m pacing myself!
Not the last 24 hours but the last 48, got the last quarter of a nice cow loaded in the back of my pickup in a snowstorm by myself at 10:30 Saturday night. Gawd that felt good to get into a seat and know that I didn't have to go back down that slick sum-berditch again that night! Amen! Amen!

But I'll be back next year. You just wait and see!

Cross
Beat the brakes off em this morning, 4 limits and a double banded drake mallard with a $100 reward band.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Originally Posted by CashisKing
My bride fired up the new Makita 36v chainsaw I gave her on a 12" pine...

She is crazy happy with her new toy.

I may get an extra kiss tonight...

#Hopeful

I already had an Echo 58V but found a deal on the Makita 36V and decided to buy it too. It's a great tool for wading into a clump of honeysuckle bushes. The Echo is more powerful but the Makita is much lighter. It'll cut the larger diameter stuff but where it really shines is when I'm disassembling a big honeysuckle bush of trimming out a Bradford Pear tree.
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Beat the brakes off em this morning, 4 limits and a double banded drake mallard with a $100 reward band.

TR,

You’re killing me !

You and Yellow dog are racking up some impressive numbers. Congrats!

I tried to get out yesterday morning for a good hunt. Got to the boat ramp and my recently gone through motor started, then it died, never to start again.

Boat back on the trailer and home. Boat goes back to the repair shop in the morning. Mechanic will see a “WTF” look on my face.

I’m looking for a new 50 hp outboard prop right now.

🦫
[Linked Image]

2 days remaining in the season on these critters. My GSP has been finding a few near the home place on the new farm during our evening or weekend walks. This evening on our walk to the mailbox I decided to carry my Grandfather's old Texas Ranger single shot shotgun. I think it is over 100 years old. It is the first gun I can remember ever seeing in our house and I am nearly 60. They were sold by Montgomery Wards in the early 1900s. I loaded a light field load of 7.5 shot in the old gun. On the way back to the house with a couple of packages I see my dog locked down tight on point in the woods North of my drive. I leave the packages in my gravel drive and walk up to my dog. I don't flush the bird on this point and she repositions a shot distance away and locks down again. This time the bird flushes and I make a clean kill between some oak trees on a hilside below the house. Mickie, my 6 year old GSP, retrieves the bird to hand. It has been a long time since I have killed a woodcock. It was great to watch my dog doing such nice work on this bird and felt great to take the bird with the old shotgun. I think this evenings activities qualify as the most fun with my clothes on today.
“Winner Winner, Woodcock Dinner!”
Sledding with the kids.
Opened up a new case of Wild Turkey 101.
Not been a good year.
Watched a big feral cat working the edge of the field 2nd one this week
Originally Posted by TimberRunner

TR,

You’re killing me !

You and Yellow dog are racking up some impressive numbers. Congrats!

I tried to get out yesterday morning for a good hunt. Got to the boat ramp and my recently gone through motor started, then it died, never to start again.

Boat back on the trailer and home. Boat goes back to the repair shop in the morning. Mechanic will see a “WTF” look on my face.

I’m looking for a new 50 hp outboard prop right now.

🦫

Duck hunting kills equipment. My God at the budget. But them mallards, breaking their necks to get down is worth it all.
Not a damned thing!
[Linked Image]

Making two round chisel handles from one square stick.
Finishing up a couple of projects in my shop.
Originally Posted by PWN
[Linked Image]

2 days remaining in the season on these critters. My GSP has been finding a few near the home place on the new farm during our evening or weekend walks. This evening on our walk to the mailbox I decided to carry my Grandfather's old Texas Ranger single shot shotgun. I think it is over 100 years old. It is the first gun I can remember ever seeing in our house and I am nearly 60. They were sold by Montgomery Wards in the early 1900s. I loaded a light field load of 7.5 shot in the old gun. On the way back to the house with a couple of packages I see my dog locked down tight on point in the woods North of my drive. I leave the packages in my gravel drive and walk up to my dog. I don't flush the bird on this point and she repositions a shot distance away and locks down again. This time the bird flushes and I make a clean kill between some oak trees on a hilside below the house. Mickie, my 6 year old GSP, retrieves the bird to hand. It has been a long time since I have killed a woodcock. It was great to watch my dog doing such nice work on this bird and felt great to take the bird with the old shotgun. I think this evenings activities qualify as the most fun with my clothes on today.

Great pic and story.

I see one or two most years while poking around my WMA. No dog, but I miss bird hunting and may lay the xbow aside next year and get back in the game a bit before my old bones give out for good.

This year’s was bumped while dragging my deer cart back to its hiding place. Classic flush, easy quartering away shot with no aerial shenanigans, and me with no shotgun. Crap Crap Crap.

That's awesome. grin grin grin
We don't have the huge flocks of starlings here but we have enough to make a big mess. A few years back, one snowy day there was a big flock at the far end of the driveway, about 100 yds. They took off and headed straight at the house as I watched them out a window. They flew at about 3' above the ground until just before the house and then went vertical over the roof. As they went up, every one of them crapped and splattered all over the front of the house. It froze on immediately and it was 2 months before we got enough warm weather to wash it off.
A company I own stock in announced yesterday it’s getting bought out by Pfizer. I was up $390,000 in one day with more to come.

That was pretty fun.

excellent

for me in the last 24 hours? I ate a homeade apple spice cookie with cream cheese icing....sigh....I need to get out more.
I coughed up some phlegm.
I got the lights behind the stained glass windows in the she-room turned on. It's the last room to get done in our new home, and now my wife gets to decorate and furnish it. She now has the ponds, she-shed, she-patio and she-room she's always wanted. Might be time for another gun for me....
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
A company I own stock in announced yesterday it’s getting bought out by Pfizer. I was up $390,000 in one day with more to come.

That was pretty fun.

Ka-Ching !

Congrats !
I had a soul-satisfying dump yesterday evening that still had me feeling at peace with the world an hour later.
Originally Posted by bpas105
I got the lights behind the stained glass windows in the she-room turned on. It's the last room to get done in our new home, and now my wife gets to decorate and furnish it. She now has the ponds, she-shed, she-patio and she-room she's always wanted. Might be time for another gun for me....

Another gun or 5...
Amazeballs PWN!

Coolest thing I've seen/read in a long time here.
Oldest son had two dunks in their game against a rival school last night. That was fun to watch.
This morning, I somehow slid about 20 feet on ice and managed to stay on my feet. That was “fun”.
Attended the Cardinals and Rams game last night with my son, nephew, and son's friend. 900 dollar seats that we got months ago for 100 dollars apiece. That was fun...
worked on a painting. walked the dogs. took lunch to my bride. started a knife build for my 10 year old granddaughter.
Shooting a couple rounds of skeet.
Won 9 out of 10 games of pool with a buddy yesterday at 2 pm., made one helluva DEElicious pork roast for supper, and just an hour ago took a fresh loaf of home-made (WHITE) bread outta the oven...

Damn, now I'm racist... laugh laugh
Originally Posted by staciclubb
Over the past 24 hours, I've been wearing jeans, a jumper, a hoodie, and a Jilbab. Choose for yourself what exactly from this list I liked the most. Most likely, hoodies and Jilbab. I put the hoodie on under my outerwear. I think it's the most comfortable warm garment for winter. Besides, I don't have that many hoodies. So I'm thrilled with the ones I have in my closet! They are given to me by my friends, who are well versed in my clothes taste. Everyone else also likes my colored hoodies. Does anyone like to dress in monochrome shades?

LOL, do you have any hoodies with thumbholes in the sleeves? Asking for Paul B.
Originally Posted by staciclubb
Over the past 24 hours, I've been wearing jeans, a jumper, a hoodie, and a Jilbab. Choose for yourself what exactly from this list I liked the most. Most likely, hoodies and Jilbab. I put the hoodie on under my outerwear. I think it's the most comfortable warm garment for winter. Besides, I don't have that many hoodies. So I'm thrilled with the ones I have in my closet! They are given to me by my friends, who are well versed in my clothes taste. Everyone else also likes my colored hoodies. Does anyone like to dress in monochrome shades?

I shopped Sportman's on line and bought 2 new hoodies. That's is. That's my fun.

staciclubb, did you just sneak in here without a proper introduction ?? What you doing with man jammys ?? Please tell me you're a former contractor in a sand box somewhere and you brought them home to show off.

kwg
Most fun?

Last year I got my son a Bergara rifle in 30-06. This year I got him a scope to go with it. When he ETS's in 7 months, he now has a capable rifle all over the country. I installed bases on it today - realizing I had the wrong rings. Those will be here Friday I guess.

Installing those bases is the most fun I've had in the last 24 hours.

1. It's for the kid and I love doing things for him
2. I like putzing with rifles, even mundane things like 4 screws to mount a set of dual dovetails.
Originally Posted by Teal
Most fun?

Last year I got my son a Bergara rifle in 30-06. This year I got him a scope to go with it. When he ETS's in 7 months, he now has a capable rifle all over the country. I installed bases on it today - realizing I had the wrong rings. Those will be here Friday I guess.

Installing those bases is the most fun I've had in the last 24 hours.

1. It's for the kid and I love doing things for him
2. I like putzing with rifles, even mundane things like 4 screws to mount a set of dual dovetails.

Did you do all the bedding stuff as discussed in this thread: Is lottsa werk.
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/16603342/all/p-o-i-t-syndrome
The fun I'll have today is verify load velo with chrono. Taking advantage of one days warmer weather.
Nope - never have.

Once I have an issue, I might but IME - a straight forward use of blue loctite on the base screws is all that's been needed. Just a deer rifle in 30-06. I anticipate zero issues.
Ditto Teal, but I do slobber some 242 on bottom of base surface to act as bedding compound. Werks good.
The most fun you had with your clothes on in the last 24 hrs?

Freezing my ass off in Central Missouri in single digit temps deer hunting the Alternative season.

Somehow I've convinced myself it's fun. laugh laugh

Actually, I still had my socks on.
^^^ nerdville ^^^
Originally Posted by Clarkm

My wife hates when I keep my socks on. blush laugh
Originally Posted by skeen

Freezing my ass off in Central Missouri in single digit temps deer hunting the Alternative season.

I can't believe how much you look like your avatar!
Been a clusterfork all day, like I started off wearing 2 left shoes.

I called off work rather than go in and get hurt/ killed.

Am gonna grab the TENS unit for shoulder and ice my wrist. Too banged up from work last night.
Originally Posted by kingston

I can't believe how much you look like your avatar!

Clearly different hats, the avatar fella is wearing a custom straw jobber. laugh

I get an F in internet forum anonymity. blush grin
The Arcteryx looks money!

I keep my socks on my feet.
Originally Posted by Osky
Was a nice calm morning, two coyotes down.
Mange is bad this year.

Osky

You've got the mange?
Well I suppose I’d have to go with not coughing for about 15 min before bed last night. Trying to shake the last bit of this Covid this week. Strange how some have hardly any symptoms while others have a pretty rough time with it. I fell into the latter group. Good health, no co morbidities, 42 years old and not overweight at 6’1” 200 lb🤷‍♂️
Originally Posted by PWN
[Linked Image]

Awesome story, thanks for sharing.

I keep my socks on my feet.

Ouch!
Originally Posted by Blu_Cs