Home
Is that dedicated to StealHead. ???

It's dedicated to anyone with good taste in music.

Jackie Jack is dead and gone, but his music will always be here
Most folks don’t know ole JJW was a New Yorker before he came to TX and went “Country”

Hell of a songwriter. Pretty fair singer.

Kinda like Ray Benson from Asleep At The Wheel. He’s from Philly.

Both carved out good niches in the early Texas Outlaw Music Era. Along with Willie and Waylon.
Not all can be as blessed as myself...being born in the greatest state in the world....but Jerry Jeff got here and paved his own way..

Jackie Jack ain't Waylon...not even close, but he was great in his own way.

Hard to beat these 2:

Hard to beat Waylon. Probably my favorite of all TX singers.

Nobody can compete with Waylon.

But Jerry Jeff, Ray Wylie, Gary P. Nunn did their part...
I really like Asleep At The Wheel too. Like you said, They got to TX as soon as they could !

And with a little help from King George:

Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy

Got to meet JJW and RWH in the old Heart of Texas Music Store in Austin many years ago. Both were shopping for guitars, and Ray Wiley Hubbard traded one of his in that day.
Ray Benson is gtg. And King George lives up to the name. But Waylon paved the way...

Great live set..
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Got to meet JJW and RWH in the old Heart of Texas Music Store in Austin many years ago. Both were shopping for guitars, and Ray Wiley Hubbard traded one of his in that day.
Same store, many years later got to meet SRV and his older brother Jimmie Vaughan.
My favorite Waylon / Hank jr Duo :

A fender telecaster, phaser 90 pedal, Waylon's voice,Ralph Mooney on steel, and Richie Albright on drums goes a looooooong way......
Redneck Mother is hard to beat after a few beers😁. It’ll get almost everybody singing.
Originally Posted by navlav8r
Redneck Mother is hard to beat after a few beers😁. It’ll get almost everybody singing.

That’s pretty funny.

No doubt Nav. Spent more than a few drunken College nights doing just that.

And this one too: from another TX singer. Jimmy Buffet.

I believe the first time Jimmy Buffet went to the keys was with Jerry Jeff Walker....but Creager did a hell of a cover ..

It's dedicated to anyone with good taste in music.

Jackie Jack is dead and gone, but his music will always be here

Classic song.
© 24hourcampfire