Home
Well as the title says, I gun a new gun for Christmas with an unlimited supply of ammo. What do you think?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
I'd like to have one myself! smile
SIL had one. Wasn't powerful enough to kill a fly. I heard they came out with a new improved model.
Looks fun, shot them with 22 blanks by my dog kennel years ago
This is the 3.0 version. It will raise a whelp if shot at a person at short range.
Expensive buggers!
Are they powerful enough to go thru the kids jeans?

Asking for a friend.
My son gave me one of those a couple years ago, lots of fun. Shoots spiders on the ceiling.

But I think you got the racist model? "Black Fly Edition" Also known as "The BFE"
Use coarse salt. Kills ‘em better
Go buy some kosher salt for it. Makes quite a bit of difference in killing power.
Originally Posted by crittrgittr
Go buy some kosher salt for it. Makes quite a bit of difference in killing power.

I am just now getting into reloading 101 with this thing. I believe it has lots of potential.
I've wanted one for years. I'd love to try it on the carpenter bees that plague my back deck every spring. I'd like to be able to knock them for a loop as they hover above me.
Bought myself one late this past summer. Didn't even have to go through an FFL, ( not yet, anyway). Because it is an actual ASSALT Weapon, after all. Got the optional little red dot laser that mounts just under the muzzle. Used a sheet of aluminum foil to test the pattern while zeroing. Like shotgun pattern testing; the salt pattern leaves its mark on the foil. By the time it was ready the fly season was about over. Only got to use it a few times; but it was fun. Effective range doesn't seem like more than about 2 feet but it works. I'm only using it outdoors to avoid the salt messing up the house. Looking forward to spring now that the thing is zeroed; just put red dot on the fly and pull trigger. And so far there have been no ammo availability or price increase issues either.
Had one for a year now. Eight year old granddaughter stalks around the patio hunting any insect or a each his she can see. Shoot a cricket on the opposite side of a screen from ten inches and it launches the bug twenty feet. My boys are each getting one for Christmas. $35 at Bass Pro on sale a couple weeks ago.
Is that the new 6.5 CM version?
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I've wanted one for years. I'd love to try it on the carpenter bees that plague my back deck every spring. I'd like to be able to knock them for a loop as they hover above me.

22lr or 22mag shotshells. Thank me later.

Dad used to put a couple pumps in his Benjamin pellet pistol (w/o a pellet). When he found a fly in the house he'd wait till he saw it on the window screen and he'd get up close to the fly and touch it off. Pushed the fly through the screen.
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Dad used to put a couple pumps in his Benjamin pellet pistol (w/o a pellet). When he found a fly in the house he'd wait till he saw it on the window screen and he'd get up close to the fly and touch it off. Pushed the fly through the screen.

I discovered that as a kid with my Crossman pump gun. Used it a lot. But you have to get very close.
It is a beer drinking sport
Originally Posted by Nestucca
It is a beer drinking sport

Isn't everything..?
Love mine
Ours work great!
Can get messy though
Just ordered one via Amazon. $35.00. Should be here by December 30th.
Originally Posted by BluMtn
Is that the new 6.5 CM version?

That model is pink with purple trim!

I liked the with pellet gun with no pellet
What are the long term effects of spraying salt all over your house?

Does the kosher salt prevent Muslim flies from entering paradise?
Love it.

I got one, too.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

🦫

Good to know.

🦫
Turbinado sugar probably would work too
And the wife wonders why all the ants are heading into the house!
While it’s not an inside toy, for most anyway, a .22 cal airgun charged with some #12 birdshot is a serious bug killer. Use a cleaning pellet on both ends of the shot charge. Cabbage whites beware!

Dip the wads in melted lard for bugs that follow the Religion of Peace.
Originally Posted by Pappy348
While it’s not an inside toy, for most anyway, a .22 cal airgun charged with some #12 birdshot is a serious bug killer. Use a cleaning pellet on both ends of the shot charge.

Holy crap, that's a great idea. I've got one that should work perfectly. Now to buy some #12 shot. I think I already have the .22 caliber cleaning wads.
Originally Posted by thardy
Use coarse salt. Kills ‘em better

Gotta love this place. Guy gets a salt rifle, and folks start posting loads.
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Love it.

I got one, too.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

🦫

Fugg all that

I’m holding out for the Carpenter Bee Magnum
Well, with iodized salt there will be no goiter issues.
I got the same thing for my son. His kids tried to tell me it should have been theirs, joking , mostly.
My dog would go around licking all the furniture if I had one a them bug guns.

I keep a tennis racket out there. Possibly looks ridiculous from afar, but works very well. Smak; stomp. Done. Repeat.
Use this salt, shoots farther, hits harder, and will shoot down wasps.

https://www.mortonsalt.com/home-product/morton-coarse-kosher-salt/
Terrible cocking mechanism. Hurts my finger every time I cock it. Way too loud also.
Mine patterned much better with coarser salt....
Table salt was too fine......

I’m gonna have to get one to play with.

Fill a paper bag with something light weight like plastic shopping bags. Hang it up where they hover and it will scare them off. They think it's a wasp nest.
Originally Posted by MarineHawk

I keep a tennis racket out there. Possibly looks ridiculous from afar, but works very well. Smak; stomp. Done. Repeat.

I use a badminton racket.
Originally Posted by River_Ridge

Fill a paper bag with something light weight like plastic shopping bags. Hang it up where they hover and it will scare them off. They think it's a wasp nest.

I seem to recall that. So they are afraid of wasps?
Originally Posted by River_Ridge

I seem to recall that. So they are afraid of wasps?

Yes, my neighbor puts one up every year and it works for them.
© 24hourcampfire