Home
Posted By: 1911a1 Covid for Christmas - 12/26/21
I have the stinking Covid. At least according to the test my daughter brought over yesterday.

My son and his wife has it. They were able to get an infusion before the Holiday. Luckily their 3+ month old baby and their 11 year old girl do not have it.

There's even a healthy young man who works at my wife's company has it for the second time.

One of my nephews home from college has it.

Not super sick yet. Except when I forget the fever reducer then it starts to kick my butt. I have an annoying cough to deal with also.

Seems like I've seen a couple of post on here with other fellows having it.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Covid for Christmas - 12/26/21
See if docs will give you some Budesonide, albuterol and Flonase (fluticasone nasal spray )

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33493729/
Posted By: GreggH Re: Covid for Christmas - 12/26/21
I hear ya! Wife, youngest son and I are on the backside of it now. Still in quarantine. By Tuesday or Wednesday we should be clear. Having test s delivered Monday to confirm. Wish you a speedy recovery 1911 and a Merry Christmas!
GreggH
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Covid for Christmas - 12/26/21
Keep up on the meds, don't forget them.

Have a Merry Christmas and Happy Healing.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Covid for Christmas - 12/26/21
Get well soon good man!!
Posted By: EdM Re: Covid for Christmas - 12/26/21
A nice pot of minestrone is needed.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Covid for Christmas - 12/26/21
Damn 1911a1! You too? Get better soon, bro.
Posted By: Ben_Lurkin Re: Covid for Christmas - 12/26/21
Oh man. Sorry to hear that. We had it over last Christmas time. Wasn’t fun. Had a bad headache and sore throat & lost my sense of smell. Wife was the a bit worse. Kids weren’t very sick at all with it. Kinda sucked being locked down over the holidays, but we all got over it fairly quickly.

Hopefully you and your family recover quickly.
Posted By: 378Canuck Re: Covid for Christmas - 12/26/21
My brother got the first vacine so he can keep his job, he was checked in hospital with heart inflammation and severe chest pain. 2 days later he was released. He asked for a note from doctor to exempt him so he could keep his job. The doctor said exemption notes were now banned by Trudeau and his partners in crime. He is now out of work and going on welfare. He will probably lose his house now and be kicked out on street next month. What Canada has become is disgraceful.
Posted By: 1911a1 Re: Covid for Christmas - 12/26/21
Originally Posted by 378Canuck
My brother got the first vacine so he can keep his job, he was checked in hospital with heart inflammation and severe chest pain. 2 days later he was released. He asked for a note from doctor to exempt him so he could keep his job. The doctor said exemption notes were now banned by Trudeau and his partners in crime. He is now out of work and going on welfare. He will probably lose his house now and be kicked out on street next month. What Canada has become is disgraceful.

Very sorry to hear about your brother. I'll remember him in my prayers.
Update, I'm still on ibuprofen and all the vitamins but the worst seemed to pass last night. Just tired this morning.

Wife woke me up this morning and had to shoot a armadillo. I had enough energy to drag him off a ways a minute ago.

Thanks for the tips and encouragement.
Posted By: Stickfight Re: Covid for Christmas - 12/26/21
You must have contracted an outdated variant, to have noticeable symptoms.
Originally Posted by 1911a1
Update, I'm still on ibuprofen and all the vitamins but the worst seemed to pass last night. Just tired this morning.

Wife woke me up this morning and had to shoot a armadillo. I had enough energy to drag him off a ways a minute ago.

Thanks for the tips and encouragement.

It sounds like you married well. Prayers that you’re feeling better soon.
Posted By: rong Re: Covid for Christmas - 12/26/21
Glad you're on the mend.
What did the poor little dillo do to receive said capital punishment ? grin
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Covid for Christmas - 12/26/21
I'm Praying for your speedy recovery.
Posted By: dale06 Re: Covid for Christmas - 12/26/21

Did you take the jabs?

Hoping for a fast recovery for you and Mrs.
Posted By: Charlie-NY Re: Covid for Christmas - 12/26/21
Unfortunately, we started getting the bad news on Christmas Eve. Daughter got CV pretty bad, grandkids got it too. This morning my wife's test was confirmed positive. She's been in bed sick for 2 days. I've got cold symptoms but can't get a test ANYWHERE. No doctors are seeing anyone around here either. Even the Urgent Care places are booked for 5+ days. They put a guard at the door at the UC facility near me.
Hopefully I won't get worse so I can help the others. What a terrible time.
Originally Posted by Charlie-NY
Unfortunately, we started getting the bad news on Christmas Eve. Daughter got CV pretty bad, grandkids got it too. This morning my wife's test was confirmed positive. She's been in bed sick for 2 days. I've got cold symptoms but can't get a test ANYWHERE. No doctors are seeing anyone around here either. Even the Urgent Care places are booked for 5+ days. They put a guard at the door at the UC facility near me.
Hopefully I won't get worse so I can help the others. What a terrible time.

Praying for you and your family brother.
Originally Posted by Stickfight
You must have contracted an outdated variant, to have noticeable symptoms.

Heck I don't know. It was like a very mild flu. I was sick but no runs or throwing up. Even my runny nose was not that bad, no sore throat, which I get easily. Barely a headache lasted a little over 2 days. Very tired and slept a lot. I could eat a little.

I know my Daughter inlaw lost her sense of taste and smell like the first round
Posted By: deflave Re: Covid for Christmas - 12/26/21
See if you can have your balls surgically reattached.
Posted By: Jeff_O Re: Covid for Christmas - 12/26/21
Hang in there. 👍 We opted to risk a family gathering. There are/were so many vectors for infection, it’s ridiculous. My bro and his kids flew in from the PNW. My kid flew in from Hawaii. We drove down. I was sick with something before we left but 3 OTC tests popped negative so we forged ahead. So far so good.

Hope you and your better half feel better soon!
Originally Posted by dale06

Did you take the jabs?

Hoping for a fast recovery for you and Mrs.

I had the Pfizer 2 round shot last early spring. Did not get the new shot yet.
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Hang in there. 👍 We opted to risk a family gathering. There are/were so many vectors for infection, it’s ridiculous. My bro and his kids flew in from the PNW. My kid flew in from Hawaii. We drove down. I was sick with something before we left but 3 OTC tests popped negative so we forged ahead. So far so good.

Hope you and your better half feel better soon!

There is a Flu floating around too.
Merry Christmas !
Originally Posted by rong
Glad you're on the mend.
What did the poor little dillo do to receive said capital punishment ? grin

My whole yard is on a slope. And those little devils digging make it wash and rough to mow.
Originally Posted by deflave

Ha Ha

At least I don't need purple pills to lay pipe in my ol' lady

Edit: flave the main point of my post was for info on how it affected me, The worst part was my family getting it now spoiled some of our Christmas holiday.
Posted By: skfullen Re: Covid for Christmas - 12/26/21
You didn't eat the Dillo?
Round here we can that "possum on the half-shell"!

Glad you are feeling better.
Posted By: Jeff_O Re: Covid for Christmas - 12/26/21
That’s probably what I’ve had. Still have a headache, scratchy throat, etc, but the people around me aren’t dropping so...

My wife is fighting a gut parasite and is pretty beat down, so it would be a terrible time to catch covid (or anything else serious). Just gotta her back home in one piece. That’s why we drove down; at least when you drive you can mostly control your airspace around you as opposed to flying where you are stuck in airports, sitting next to strangers on the plane, etc. But then omicron blew up when we were halfway down here..... D’oh.

I think you are building the best kind of immunity. Keep up the good work! smile
Posted By: 79S Re: Covid for Christmas - 12/26/21
That’s probably what I’ve had. Still have a headache, scratchy throat, etc, but the people around me aren’t dropping so...

My wife is fighting a gut parasite and is pretty beat down, so it would be a terrible time to catch covid (or anything else serious). Just gotta her back home in one piece. That’s why we drove down; at least when you drive you can mostly control your airspace around you as opposed to flying where you are stuck in airports, sitting next to strangers on the plane, etc. But then omicron blew up when we were halfway down here..... D’oh.

I think you are building the best kind of immunity. Keep up the good work! smile

You must walk around with a pussy hat on because you are a big pussy…
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Covid for Christmas - 12/26/21

Hey Twat Face, could you maybe spread some of your post magic around to some other threads today?

Thanks,

😬🦫
Posted By: Stickfight Re: Covid for Christmas - 12/26/21
Heck I don't know. It was like a very mild flu. I was sick but no runs or throwing up. Even my runny nose was not that bad, no sore throat, which I get easily. Barely a headache lasted a little over 2 days. Very tired and slept a lot.

COVID hasn't caught me yet so I don't know first hand, but several people I know had The Original flavor and it went pretty much that way. Subsequent popular variants like Delta and Omicron they say do even less.

In any case most people who claim to know they had one version or another really have no idea and are just guessing. It doesn't seem to matter much other than the later a guy gets it the better.
Posted By: victoro Re: Covid for Christmas - 12/26/21
I have the stinking Covid. At least according to the test my daughter brought over yesterday.

My son and his wife has it. They were able to get an infusion before the Holiday. Luckily their 3+ month old baby and their 11 year old girl do not have it.

There's even a healthy young man who works at my wife's company has it for the second time.

One of my nephews home from college has it.

Not super sick yet. Except when I forget the fever reducer then it starts to kick my butt. I have an annoying cough to deal with also.

Seems like I've seen a couple of post on here with other fellows having it.

As far as I know there still isn't a fully approved approved test of any kind for Covid-19. The tests being used (to scare people) only have emergency approval.
Posted By: deflave Re: Covid for Christmas - 12/27/21

Ha Ha

Edit: flave the main point of my post was for info on how it affected me, The worst part was my family getting it now spoiled some of our Christmas holiday.

Forgiven.

And God bless.

Stop sucking dick all day.

LOL
Posted By: kingston Re: Covid for Christmas - 12/27/21

Ha Ha

You don't have to explain yourself to DeFlave. He survived by hiding out in a hotel room, not informing us he was sick until well after emerging alive and well.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Covid for Christmas - 12/27/21
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Hey Twat Face, could you maybe spread some of your post magic around to some other threads today?

Thanks,

😬🦫

This. We need more laughs. Its been a cold dark winter with Bitemes chyna flew.. I wonder where it flew to.

I guess Israel and NYC. They are heavily vaxed and heavily sick with the Chyna flew.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Covid for Christmas - 12/27/21
Originally Posted by kingston

Ha Ha

You don't have to explain yourself to DeFlave. He survived by hiding out in a hotel room, not informing us he was sick until well after emerging alive and well.

Ha. That sucker has never been well.
Posted By: 1911a1 Re: Covid for Christmas - 12/27/21
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Ha Ha

Ha. That sucker has never been well.

'flave was just ribbin' me. no harm no foul.
Posted By: RatherBHuntin Re: Covid for Christmas - 12/27/21
Mother in law invites us over Christmas evening, along with step siblings and their families. Mother in law neglected to tell us, she’s been feeling progressively worse since last Thursday. Said she “prepared the food with a mask on (WTH!). Spent the night there and today she gets up and goes to the doctor. Tests positive for COVID. So it looks like just a matter of time for the rest of us unsuspecting guests to get it. Just pissed that she didn’t have the decency to tell us she’s been sick since Thursday and let us make our own decision on the matter.
Posted By: superlight17b Re: Covid for Christmas - 12/27/21
Best wishes for a quick recovery,hope you' re all well soon.
Posted By: ribka Re: Covid for Christmas - 12/27/21
Is it worse than your fake disability you're milking? You're such a fake disingenuous [bleep]

Posted By: Orion2000 Re: Covid for Christmas - 12/27/21
Wife and two daughters decided to do a "split" Christmas given that one grand daughter has a new healthy, but preemie, great grand baby. Fortunately, we celebrated with the preemie crew. The second crew had one grandson test positive after feeling progressively worse all afternoon. And a couple others starting to feel under the weather a day later. To-date, only cold-like symptoms, and a younger cohort (under 30) so hopefully no major detriments...

Ha Ha

Are you pulling through?

(Edge of my seat here)

LOL
© 24hourcampfire