Home
Guy's I'm too tired to list all I have online and I sent some things to auction and did well and also lost my ass on high end stuff? What's the best way to get my gun stuff to people who will appreciate it? No questions about me please. Had enough of that [bleep]. Before I'm gone?
Simple answer… list it here
Hell...give it away to folks you like maybe?
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

O'le SAINT JIM . . . smile
Who think deserves it ?......if thats out.. list them here and only sell to higher post count placed somewhere... other than the classifieds....
Contact Morphy Auctions.
Originally Posted by atvalaska
Who think deserves it ?......if thats out.. list them here and only sell to higher post count placed somewhere... other than the classifieds....

Yep
Some dumb biatch break your heart? Never let go! and if you need help plenty here that would be glad to Listen...

Consignment at a gunshop worked well in getting my dads collection gone.
PM your list to me, I'm always looking for something new.
Originally Posted by Rifleman1st
Guy's I'm too tired to list all I have online and I sent some things to auction and did well and also lost my ass on high end stuff? What's the best way to get my gun stuff to people who will appreciate it? No questions about me please. Had enough of that [bleep]. Before I'm gone?

I’m not sure where you are located in the state but Elsenpeter auctions in Monticello handle a lot of guns thru their online auctions. Very good people, dealt with them often. They seem to get very good prices for firearms for the clients.
You may also try 160user on this site. He is from the northern part of the state and handles a lot of guns as well, maybe there is a way he can help you.
All the best in the new year.

Osky
Anyone local you can trust ?
There are good classified here as well as other online auctions.
Lots of good folks here looking to buy.
Best of luck sir.
Use PostImage to get your pictures onto the Fire classifieds. It's super easy. Once you copy the link for a direct link, click USE FULL EDITOR at the bottom on the quick reply. Then click the picture of the mountain. Paste your link onto the popup, make sure there is only 1 http// and hit post reply. Good luck selling
Sell em on here for fuggs sakes.
Do ffl to ffl shipping.
Pad the price to cover it or just say buyer pays what the fugg ever.

Someone wants to buy one bad enough.
They will spend the coin.

Plenty of post on here from others also offering or advising common sense help...
🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Great answer Jim... seriously.

I am about there all the time here...

When it's my time... I am renting best power wheelchair/scooter money can buy... loading a backpack full of raw meat and wheeling down fireroads at Yellowstone/Tetons with my 9,3 and 3 boxes of shells... it will be a fine end... man and beast.
Originally Posted by renegade50
Do ffl to ffl shipping.

Plenty of post on here from others also offering or advising common sense help...
🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

He is already listing some in the Fire classifieds. He didn't have pictures in the posts and didn't know how to post pictures.

Good luck Brother!

Never met you... but again... Good luck Brother!
Originally Posted by 19352012
Do ffl to ffl shipping.

🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

He is already listing some in the Fire classifieds. He didn't have pictures in the posts and didn't know how to post pictures.

Hell... if picture help is all he needs... drop me a PM Rifleman1st.
Do ffl to ffl shipping.

🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Cool👍👍👍
I agree with Big Jim.
Some day I will probably be in similar shoes. I hope to have enough grandchildren to be able to give them all they could ever need... but given the lazy trend of today, creating children might be too much work.

My wife thinks I am crazy to want a model 21 winchester more than a nice truck, but it is what it is....my problem is who will appreciate it when I go? The cz ringneck next to it looks nicer to everyone else.

I'm sad to hear that you are in such a spot in life, but feel blessed to be there and not on the shallow end of achievements in life.
We don't have any children. None of my stuff is worth much, but there's a bunch of it. When it is my time, I hope my wife consigns it with an auction house, should get her a few bucks.

My best wishes to Rifleman1st. It is a road we will all travel, sooner or later.
Find someone not too tired to list them online for you.
This is something we are all going to be faced with one day. It has been on my mind quite a bit lately. I dont know why. I am 70, in good health, still raising cattle and take on some welding jobs from time to time. Have a couple to start soon. I do this because I enjoy it and it helps out my neighbors, not because I have to have the money.

I have accumulated a lot of stuff. Tools, equipment, trucks and guns. I have several guns that belonged to my great, great, great grandfather, an 1873 Winchester rifle and two Bannerman pump shotguns. Have guns that belonged to my grandfather and my dad. I have two boys who are interested but it is overwhelming for them. One boy said when you die I am just going to move to your place. It will be easier than try to clean it up! Maybe that's the answer.

I hope you can work through this and everything turns out good for you.
Plenty of people here that would gladly post pictures for you if needed
Originally Posted by high_country_
Some day I will probably be in similar shoes. I hope to have enough grandchildren to be able to give them all they could ever need... but given the lazy trend of today, creating children might be too much work.

My wife thinks I am crazy to want a model 21 winchester more than a nice truck, but it is what it is....my problem is who will appreciate it when I go? The cz ringneck next to it looks nicer to everyone else.

I'm sad to hear that you are in such a spot in life, but feel blessed to be there and not on the shallow end of achievements in life.

Lots of people have nice trucks.
Consignment at a trusted gun shop worked well when a dear friend passed.

The shop got 20% and it was well worth it.
They sold online and locally and knew value was higher than we'd guessed.
Sorry for whatever your situation is. Understand not wanting to talk about it.
I figure the people who pay top bid at auction or market price at a store have proven they’ll appreciate it.
Going through it right now. Only 1 grandson and nephew to leave things to. Started with around 70 guns. Down to 45/50 now. Sell one or two occasionally and it is not too much trouble. Just sold a 10/22 magnum at the local gun show last week. Planning on getting down to 20 or so to leave. Will spend what I get on the others on travel. Or gas. They just said it is going to $4 a gallon this year.
Assuming that gun ownership is still legal, I told my wife at my passing, to try and sell my .375 AI here on the “fire”! I have no one in my family that would appreciate it, load for it, or use it! Maybe it will get a good home! Hopefully, it will mean as much to someone as it does to me.....and may they make many good memories!

And for God’s sake.....DO NOT PUT A BRAKE ON IT!! memtb
I imagine I will be in the same boat soon. Have actually thought about it.

No kids of my own (that I've been informed of whistle ).

Siblings have a few, but none that could be called hard core gunny types. Cousin has a young man child, just starting out life on his own that might take one or two. Another nephew has a couple of little boys I could leave something for, in his care until they are old enough.

Might just sell a couple to finance something like a nice dinner for the wife and I.

Never know, someone here be nice to me.....................................no telling.
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Siblings have a few, but none that could be called hard core gunny types. Cousin has a young man child, just starting out life on his own that might take one or two. Another nephew has a couple of little boys I could leave something for, in his care until they are old enough.

Might just sell a couple to finance something like a nice dinner for the wife and I.

Never know, someone here be nice to me.....................................no telling.

How nice they gotta be/whatcha got?
It appears many of us here at the Fire are looking at the same situation. I have one son and one grand son who might be interested. I have 2 grand daughters but neither has expressed any interest in shooting sports or hunting. I guess I need a plan. I better get to thinking on it or the wife will have them down to the nearest pawn shop getting what I told her I paid for them.

kwg
No grandkids.
Im the last of my name.
Eyes suck so no competition rigs.
Just a few to pop critters.

When i die my youngest will deal w my crap.
Shes smart and knows a bit about this stuff, so she can get decent money for em.

Got nothing fancy, but not total.junk either.
I told my wife to give them to a friend. Then I asked him to give her some money for them. Best I can do. Unless I got son in laws.
A lot of us here are going to be in that boat before long. I may move some before long,but if I did I would probably buy more. I’d try selling some here. Buy a cheap hard case. It comes in a cardboard box, slap shipping info on it, boom, it’s ready to ship.
I'll wait till the sunset, sell 90% and pay down any remaining debt so the kids won't have to deal with it. The remains I'll give to my son in law and God son.

How nice they gotta be/whatcha got?

Nothing really special, just a coupla "decent" ones.

And I have a few that folks would have to mostly reload for unless they have MONEY ......................256 Win Mag, 25-20, .303 Brit, 6.5x55

Not a .270 to be found anywhere around here, maybe a piece or two of brass I found at the range.
My wife and two sons can deal with it when I’m gone. I won’t give a chit at that point.
I have this thing where I don't have any regard for money.

Thankfully my wife does.

My kids will get everything. I will be gone anyway so it won't matter.

Its just stuff.

Thankfully my wife does.

My kids will get everything. I will be gone anyway so it won't matter.

Its just stuff.

Your house might be on my short list, seeing as how there is video evidence your kids enjoy shooting.

AND, somewhere around here I have your address. wink

Happy New year to the Conrad bunch.
The last couple years my dad was alive he'd ask about specific guns, one or two at a time. Some I said "Yeah, I definitely want that." Others had either no sentimental attachment for me or were valuable enough to make me feel bad about expressing any interest in taking them. Above all, asked him to write down what he wanted to go to who. He kept saying "Just keep what you want and sell the rest so your mother gets some decent money." Well, he dies and come to find out nothing had been written down.

There's five of us kids and I'm the only one with any real interest in guns. Come to find out there's some score-keepers amongst my siblings who suddenly gave a very big damn about what guns I intended to keep, how much are they worth, and how is that "fair". I wouldn't say sorting out the guns became nasty, but it was certainly fraught with a bunch of unneeded emotion. In the end I kept some, gave some away to BILs and nephews, and sold a bunch but it would've been alot easier if dad would've just done the work for me according to what he wanted. It's harder to argue with a dead man than it is the casually appointed guy he leaves behind.

Dealing with Dad's situation certainly changed how I plan to do things. As I get older I plan to give more away to family or friends I know will appreciate and use them. I can also see myself selling some off in order to buy something I could use or need. I realized that hanging on to this stuff to the bitter end is pretty pointless in light of the enjoyment I'd gain from seeing people I love use them or freeing up money for a more practical purpose here and now rather than having something I get out of the safe to pet on occasion.
Originally Posted by colodog
Consignment at a trusted gun shop worked well when a dear friend passed.

The shop got 20% and it was well worth it.
They sold online and locally and knew value was higher than we'd guessed.

That is a lot lower than the going rate.
All three daughters want the guns, knives and all the other crap I've accumulated. All three shoot and youngest has turned into a diehard hunter.

Thankfully my wife does.

I was in a similar situation, some would say it didn’t work out well for me.

Not suggesting here that that’s gonna happen to you.

If I gave a damn about money it might trouble me more’n it does. I’ve given away stuff to friends and relatives, haven’t sold much over the years.
Try and list a couple here on the classifieds and see how it goes. You dont have to list them all at once. Once you get rolling it might not seem so overwhelming.
Originally Posted by FatCity67
All three daughters want the guns, knives and all the other crap I've accumulated. All three shoot and youngest has turned into a diehard hunter.

IN more ways than that, you are a blessed and lucky man.

HNY friend.
In the same boat here almost 55 no children of my own, no nieces or nephews that are into hunting, stepdaughter is dating a Transgender f__ktard. Ive been thinning the herd off and on for past 7-8 years, only keeping what i actually hunt with when i do and some self defense ones. Down from over 75 in my heyday to less than 20 now. Been buying a few pcp Airguns for fun shooting
Good luck and screw gunbroker. Either sell here or consign at gunshop

HNY friend.

Back at you amico.

Keep wondering were I went right.

HNY friend.

Heck yeah!

Sometimes....we just get lucky.
I got rid of a couple firearms that I no longer used (Remington SP-10 and Winchester M70 Supergrade 300 Mag) but I have lots of others that I still like to hunt with, plink with, and shoot Trap and Skeet with (some quite expensive). I also have some sentimental firearms that were owned my an uncle and my dad. I also still have my first .22. No one else in my family hunts or shoots. I do have a list of what I own, their history, their desirability and their approx value. If my wife/heirs get 50 cents on the dollar it's ok. They will be left well enough off without needing to get full value. When I'm gone my ability to care is also gone.

HNY friend.

Heck yeah!

Can I get an Amen.

Ah chit hope that wasn't an HC feeding call.

HNY friend.

Heck yeah!

Can I get an Amen.

Ah chit hope that wasn't an HC feeding call.

Nah. He's workin on another sermon thread.
You'll enjoy giving away some you'll know will be appreciated.

The rest is just stuff.
Originally Posted by cooper57m
. . . I do have a list of what I own, their history, their desirability and their approx value. If my wife/heirs get 50 cents on the dollar it's ok. They will be left well enough off without needing to get full value. When I'm gone my ability to care is also gone.

I do have a list in a codicil to my will of what I have, as well (with a brief history of those of sentimental value to me). I also have serial numbers listed, if they have one. I do go back now and then and revise approx values as needed. I feel I should also expound on some of the histories, add approx acquisition dates and pictures could be of some value, too.

Much of what I have are just "run of the mill" factory stuff, but I do have several customs mixed in the bunch. If I tip over, my bride won't need to sell anything to go forward, but I don't think she will want to keep them either. I have also told my wife to consult with several friends I trust to help her out if she needs/wants to. Actual sale price and desirability are somewhat linked together in the end.
Seems like a few of you guys are in a pickle. Well let me step right up and I will help you out. Send them to me. I will take good care of them. Give them a bit of exercise and can even tell them you miss them. Not an issue for me. My boys will take good care of them as well. Being in a friendly 2nd state I would make sure they never went into the fire either. Let me know if any of you guys want me to pick them up. Or we can work out shipping details as well.

Rifleman - the wife is from Winona, maybe you're cousins, I can help with the .................. dispersal ............ as it were!!!

Good thing you didn't get that MRC .375 H&H, lol. Would have just compounded your problem!

I was telling my wife I missed that MRC by 45 minutes. She says "you already have a .375".

Wimmin!

I guess it's my own problem for letting her know what I have! But I try to keep the stable of guns lean.

My problem is loading components. How is she going to move 400+ pounds of gunpowder and and all the bullets and primers that go with it?
Originally Posted by pabucktail
The last couple years my dad was alive he'd ask about specific guns, one or two at a time. Some I said "Yeah, I definitely want that." Others had either no sentimental attachment for me or were valuable enough to make me feel bad about expressing any interest in taking them. Above all, asked him to write down what he wanted to go to who. He kept saying "Just keep what you want and sell the rest so your mother gets some decent money." Well, he dies and come to find out nothing had been written down.

There's five of us kids and I'm the only one with any real interest in guns. Come to find out there's some score-keepers amongst my siblings who suddenly gave a very big damn about what guns I intended to keep, how much are they worth, and how is that "fair". I wouldn't say sorting out the guns became nasty, but it was certainly fraught with a bunch of unneeded emotion. In the end I kept some, gave some away to BILs and nephews, and sold a bunch but it would've been alot easier if dad would've just done the work for me according to what he wanted. It's harder to argue with a dead man than it is the casually appointed guy he leaves behind.

Dealing with Dad's situation certainly changed how I plan to do things. As I get older I plan to give more away to family or friends I know will appreciate and use them. I can also see myself selling some off in order to buy something I could use or need. I realized that hanging on to this stuff to the bitter end is pretty pointless in light of the enjoyment I'd gain from seeing people I love use them or freeing up money for a more practical purpose here and now rather than having something I get out of the safe to pet on occasion.

Yeah, things go all to hell when there's money involved. People get all butthurt about $1000. It's their accidental way of telling everyone they ain't got nothing.

My father in law had one firearm, a Model 12. 3 members of the family said they were going to get it when Jim died. I heard that several times from each of them. Bad part for them was Jim gave it to me years before he died. After he died, everyone assumed the felon nephew stole it and sold it so the conversation never came up. I had it refurbished and brought it out at a family gathering. Now everyone knows where it is and where it stays.
Took 11 gun's to auction some I never fired. They charged 15%. Some were real nice some not. But short story brought home 11,000 after there cut. Very happy, kids have there names on there on paper no fuss that way. Best part did not deal with people.
With 103 posts all buying and selling in the classified section I figure you don't need help figuring it out.
© 24hourcampfire