Home
Posted By: TheKid Ain’t much cuter - 01/04/22
Than a little bitty weenie dog pup. Got one for my son for Christmas and picked him up New Year’s Eve. He’s a pretty cool little hound, about the size of a big squirrel. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: LBP Re: Ain’t much cuter - 01/04/22
My wife loves dachshunds!
Posted By: ol_mike Re: Ain’t much cuter - 01/04/22
Family in my old neighborhood, The Hensley's loved Weenie dogs, they're cute little buggars.
Posted By: Huntaholic Re: Ain’t much cuter - 01/04/22
I love those little dogs! We have had 2 through the years. 1st one was dumb as a box of rocks OR more stubborn than I am. 2nd one lived to be 17 yrs old and was a perfect dog.
Posted By: rem141r Re: Ain’t much cuter - 01/04/22
my daughter is picking up her dachsund pup wednesday. they are cute, even when grown.
Posted By: Stix Re: Ain’t much cuter - 01/04/22
Never been a little dog guy. Then a friend of mine got a male Dachshund. That dog is all heart and death on moles and gophers. He thinks he weighs 100lbs. When his nose hits the ground there is no tuning him off. Amazing critter. My mind has been changed.
Posted By: crittrgittr Re: Ain’t much cuter - 01/04/22
That looks like a whole Lotta fun there.
Posted By: Dude270 Re: Ain’t much cuter - 01/04/22
Awesome, congrats to you all!
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Ain’t much cuter - 01/04/22
👍👍👍👍👍👍👍😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊
Posted By: Happy_Camper Re: Ain’t much cuter - 01/04/22

Just wait until he's old enough to start school.
Posted By: Biebs Re: Ain’t much cuter - 01/04/22
We've had them for the past 20 years or so. After my last GSP died, I let the girls (wife& daughter) pick the next dog. I was initially disappointed, but once you live with them, there's no other dog that comes close. They're a riot and full of personality.
Posted By: TheKid Re: Ain’t much cuter - 01/04/22
We had a female that was great, maybe my best ever dog, that got cancer and died a few months ago. She was the original birth control, wife was dying to start a family and I wasn’t ready so she got a weenie dog to buy me a few years. 😁

Wife wanted a maltypoo or some other nonsense and I informed her there was only one breed of small dog going to live in my house. She wasn’t sure at first but now she wouldn’t have anything else, tried her best to talk me into a pair of these pups.

New one is a firecracker and I’m sure him and the boy will have plenty of adventures down the road.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Ain’t much cuter - 01/04/22
Dogs are great, puppies all the more so.
Weenie dogs, Yorkshire Terrier and Boxer dogs are the breeds I've heard many people say that they'd own no other dog.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Ain’t much cuter - 01/04/22
Mean natured biting little pricks.

Posted By: wilkeshunter Re: Ain’t much cuter - 01/04/22
Congratulations on the neat little pup!
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Ain’t much cuter - 01/04/22
Cute little fella. The ones I’ve been around are very smart.
If I ever got a small dog, it would be one of them.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Ain’t much cuter - 01/04/22
I have had two in my life and they are unquestionably thieves of hearts. My last one, Bratwurst, was sweet, calm and timid, but would tear a possum a new asssshole.
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: Ain’t much cuter - 01/04/22
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Mean natured biting little prices.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

This one doesn't have a mean bone in his body.
Posted By: 2legit2quit Re: Ain’t much cuter - 01/04/22
Puppies & kids

Better combo than peanut butter & jelly.
We have the half weiner/terrier, 2 Yorkies and an Airedale

Will never be without one of the small breeds or an Airedale. The weiner and the Airedale are boyfriend/girlfriend and the male Yorkie and weiner are best buds. Squirrels, moles and mice/rats a re phuu.cked around my place.

Originally Posted by TheKid
We had a female that was great, maybe my best ever dog, that got cancer and died a few months ago. She was the original birth control, wife was dying to start a family and I wasn’t ready so she got a weenie dog to buy me a few years. 😁

Wife wanted a maltypoo or some other nonsense and I informed her there was only one breed of small dog going to live in my house. She wasn’t sure at first but now she wouldn’t have anything else, tried her best to talk me into a pair of these pups.

New one is a firecracker and I’m sure him and the boy will have plenty of adventures down the road.

They will be buds for sure.
We’ve ended up w a beaner weener, chihuahua & dachsund. So sweet, loving & smart, unless you’re a bigger dog & then you’d think she was the star of a horror movie.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Ain’t much cuter - 01/04/22

Jim, that’s because your fingers smell of badger!
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Ain’t much cuter - 01/04/22
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

Jim, that’s because your fingers smell of badger!

Hahaha!
Posted By: TheKid Re: Ain’t much cuter - 01/04/22
A bud has a red weenie dog named Jesse that goes fishing with him, we’ll everywhere actually. But that little dog will maul the heck out of a catfish when you drag it up on the bank. 😁

Mom and dad had a mini named Jake that weighed about 8#. He was absolutely fearless but his best bud was a big skunk that would come up and eat dog food out of the pan on the porch. Jake would sit there and eat right across from him until you flipped the light on and then it was like they had an agreement and he’d run him off but the polecat never sprayed him. He got mouthy with a pit and got chomped.

They have a big fat red female now that is pretty cool. She has a memory like an elephant. My cousin’s kid kicked her when he was 3 and she was just a pup. He’s 12 now and if he walks in the room she’ll growl at him, and he probably doesn’t come to the house once or twice a year.
Posted By: hangunnr Re: Ain’t much cuter - 01/04/22
Daughter got this little girl for Christmas last year.

[Linked Image from ]

Sweet little pup.
Posted By: River_Ridge Re: Ain’t much cuter - 01/04/22
There's a guy in western NY who hires his dachshund out to track wounded deer. Does a great job from what I've read.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Ain’t much cuter - 01/04/22
Originally Posted by TheKid
A bud has a red weenie dog named Jesse that goes fishing with him, we’ll everywhere actually. But that little dog will maul the heck out of a catfish when you drag it up on the bank. 😁

Mom and dad had a mini named Jake that weighed about 8#. He was absolutely fearless but his best bud was a big skunk that would come up and eat dog food out of the pan on the porch. Jake would sit there and eat right across from him until you flipped the light on and then it was like they had an agreement and he’d run him off but the polecat never sprayed him. He got mouthy with a pit and got chomped.

They have a big fat red female now that is pretty cool. She has a memory like an elephant. My cousin’s kid kicked her when he was 3 and she was just a pup. He’s 12 now and if he walks in the room she’ll growl at him, and he probably doesn’t come to the house once or twice a year.

LOL!
Posted By: LBP Re: Ain’t much cuter - 01/04/22
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
We’ve ended up w a beaner weener, chihuahua & dachsund. So sweet, loving & smart, unless you’re a bigger dog & then you’d think she was the star of a horror movie.

I got a Chiweenie too, great little dog.
Posted By: TXRam Re: Ain’t much cuter - 01/04/22
Wife has/has had a few. They have been great with the kids and grandkids, Current one is a red male miniature, weighs abt 15lbs. Yeah they have a personality for sure. He know (he thinks) when it’s time to eat and will raise hell til you feed him. Also, gets pissed at me if I sneak off and try getting into bed without telling him goodnight - comes raising hell running through the house after me! Both sights are hilarious to see!
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Ain’t much cuter - 01/04/22

agree, the bug-eyed little chompers. I was 5 years old when the neighbors weenie got thru the fence and chewed me up. My dad punted him back into his own yard......
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Ain’t much cuter - 01/04/22
Everyone I’ve been around if you looked at them crossways they would piss themselves.
Originally Posted by TXRam
Wife has/has had a few. They have been great with the kids and grandkids, Current one is a red male miniature, weighs abt 15lbs. Yeah they have a personality for sure. He know (he thinks) when it’s time to eat and will raise hell til you feed him. Also, gets pissed at me if I sneak off and try getting into bed without telling him goodnight - comes raising hell running through the house after me! Both sights are hilarious to see!

laugh LAF
Posted By: High_Noon Re: Ain’t much cuter - 01/04/22
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: Gooch_McGrundle Re: Ain’t much cuter - 01/04/22
Posted By: WAM Re: Ain’t much cuter - 01/04/22
Our last one lived long enough to get 17 bite notches on his credits. 14 or 15 yo. They all piss when you’re not looking.
Posted By: 907brass Re: Ain’t much cuter - 01/04/22
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I have had two in my life and they are unquestionably thieves of hearts. My last one, Bratwurst, was sweet, calm and timid, but would tear a possum a new asssshole.

Bratwurst grin love the name!
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Ain’t much cuter - 01/04/22
Cute little schit for brains. Who's been yankin on his ears?

😆😆
Posted By: saddlering Re: Ain’t much cuter - 01/04/22
I had one for 10 years he was a great dog, cool little hounds, buster was 2 when I got him. Still miss him.
Posted By: saddlering Re: Ain’t much cuter - 01/04/22
I had one for 10 years he was a great dog, cool little hounds, buster was 2 when I got him. Still miss him.
Posted By: LRoyJetson Re: Ain’t much cuter - 01/04/22
The official dog of cowboys.
Posted By: flintlocke Re: Ain’t much cuter - 01/04/22
Jekyll and Hyde dogs I think. I worked for a guy had a pair for his little kids. Around daybreak, they'd be let out of the house, streak toward the alfalfa fields, go down burrows, kill, maim, and wreak havoc in an orgy of bloodlust, come back to the house, tidy themselves up like cats, and then bounce around, tails wagging and frolic with the little kids until the schoolbus came.
Posted By: reivertom Re: Ain’t much cuter - 01/04/22
If they grew up to weight 100lbs, folks would have to shelter their Pit Bulls from them, and you'd have to feed them through a cage door with a sling shot.....them and Jack Russells. Both breeds think they are a T Rex.
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle

Gooch, whomever sold that to you as a dachshund F’ed you buddy. You got jaguared 🤷🏻‍♂️
© 24hourcampfire