Home
Posted By: ironbender Dry Erase Boards - 01/05/22

They’re remarkable.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Dry Erase Boards - 01/05/22
Oh boy.
Posted By: bluefish Re: Dry Erase Boards - 01/05/22
I was expecting some fool out there to say they're racist since they are white.
Posted By: krp Re: Dry Erase Boards - 01/05/22
Whiteboards... better'n blackboards...

Kent
Posted By: ol_mike Re: Dry Erase Boards - 01/05/22
Originally Posted by ironbender

They’re remarkable.

Was it made in Lebanon, Ohio?
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Dry Erase Boards - 01/05/22
A clean slate?
Posted By: gunswizard Re: Dry Erase Boards - 01/05/22
When's the last time anyone saw a blackboard, they switched to green decades ago something about less eyestrain.
Posted By: Raeford Re: Dry Erase Boards - 01/05/22
Originally Posted by gunswizard
When's the last time anyone saw a blackboard, they switched to green decades ago something about less eyestrain.

Sure you betcha whistle
Posted By: OldmanoftheSea Re: Dry Erase Boards - 01/05/22
I always liked the transparent back lit wet erase boards that they use in bars myself...
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Dry Erase Boards - 01/05/22
So when a hit man 'erases' someone, it's now called 'dry work'?
Posted By: WeimsnKs Re: Dry Erase Boards - 01/05/22

They’re remarkable.

Until someone grads a regular marker and goes to town
Posted By: 673 Re: Dry Erase Boards - 01/05/22
Somthin wrong wit paper?
Hard to believe, when I was in grade school, I used to write swear words on the chalk board and wait for teacher to see them laugh
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Dry Erase Boards - 01/05/22
Yeah...words like Dang or Drat or Durn?

You crazy Canadians!
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Yeah...words like Dang or Drat or Durn?

You crazy Canadians!

Not just those kinds of swear words, drawing pictures of diks, boobs etc...teacher was pretty hot.
One day she completely lost it and went stomping down to the office to get the principle to do something about it, 50 years later it is still funny.
I would say thats pretty normal for an adult Ed class.
In my mandatory anger management class I used spray paint, it doesn't come off, really pizzes them off which made me not angry anymore.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Dry Erase Boards - 01/05/22

How is that coming along, Jim? Studying hard?
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Dry Erase Boards - 01/05/22
I hate to disagree with the esteemed gentleman from the north, but I hated the damned things. You would start to write some long word like "revolution", and it would start to fade by the letter "l" and not finish the "on".
On top of that, when "erased", they would leave a ghost image on the board that required a rag (which quickly became quite disgustingly colored) and some magic spray from a bottle (but not too much, or it'll streak). Coupled with that, they were yet another way to sucker the always gullible powers that be in education into giving more money to the suppliers. In the good old days, you got a piece of chalk that cost a penny and lasted for the whole day and then some. With the white boards, you could sell lots of markers for a dollar each that would last for most of a word before running out.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Dry Erase Boards - 01/05/22

Trig/calc Math1730

Old gal would write equations with her right hand and erase with her left. Better had not had your head up your ass.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Dry Erase Boards - 01/05/22
Originally Posted by 5sdad
I hate to disagree with the esteemed gentleman from the north, but I hated the damned things. You would start to write some long word like "revolution", and it would start to fade by the letter "l" and not finish the "on".
On top of that, when "erased", they would leave a ghost image on the board that required a rag (which quickly became quite disgustingly colored) and some magic spray from a bottle (but not too much, or it'll streak). Coupled with that, they were yet another way to sucker the always gullible powers that be in education into giving more money to the suppliers. In the good old days, you got a piece of chalk that cost a penny and lasted for the whole day and then some. With the white boards, you could sell lots of markers for a dollar each that would last for most of a word before running out.

So basically you're an..........................................

anti-capitalist?

All those sprays, markers and stuff being used and sold is money being made, and taxes being paid.

Not to mention.........................sniffing chalk don't do nothin' to change one's attitude.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Dry Erase Boards - 01/05/22
Originally Posted by 673
In my mandatory anger management class I used spray paint, it doesn't come off, really pizzes them off which made me not angry anymore.

Winning!
Watched a moron college English prof (a real cünt she was too) she one day wrote with Sharpie on the dry erase board. Then not 4 months later wrote on the electronic white board with a Dry Erase marker instead of the blue tooth stylus.

I was in the lab that day processing flood image tiles, she wasnt even supposed be in our lab.

My old room at Central still had actual slate blackboards, even though most of the rooms had been converted to the el-chepo, non-slate, green boards and others to the stupid-assed white boards. When they demolished the building, a couple of my colleagues salvaged a broken piece of slate from my room and made a plaque with a picture of the old building and another one of me superimposed on it.
Posted By: CharlieFoxtrot Re: Dry Erase Boards - 01/05/22
What exactly then is a "wet" erase board? Inquiring minds and all that...
[Linked Image from wired.com]
Originally Posted by wabigoon
[Linked Image from wired.com]

The photographer caught me on a bad hair day.

How is that coming along, Jim? Studying hard?

Getting ready to test out of the 5th grade.
laugh
Posted By: mathman Re: Dry Erase Boards - 01/05/22
I did not like dry erase boards.
Posted By: Raeford Re: Dry Erase Boards - 01/05/22
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
What exactly then is a "wet" erase board? Inquiring minds and all that...

Takes a 'liquid solution' to clean.
Originally Posted by mathman
I did not like dry erase boards.

We used to get the squirt from the water bottle for falling asleep during Death By Overhead Projector Algebra in middle school
Posted By: mathman Re: Dry Erase Boards - 01/05/22
Presenting a research paper at a talk was an OK use for a projector in those days. Teaching algebra, nah. I hated it as a student and never did it as a teacher.

Fellow teacher used the overhead projector for everything. When my son was in his class, he came home and wondered if the guy took it along to the bedroom to instruct his wife as they frolicked.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Dry Erase Boards - 01/05/22
frolicked?

is that what they call it back there?
Originally Posted by Valsdad
frolicked?

is that what they call it back there?

No, they call that dog style.
© 24hourcampfire