Home
A friend purchased 50 boxes of Remington and Winchester .375 H & H ammo and wants to sell it. What's the going price per box for this ammo ?
$110.00 per box
Depends upon the bullet.
Not sure, but I wouldn't mind a couple boxes.
Age is probably a major concern, too...
Ammoseek or gunbroker will have the answer for you, er your friend, trying to flip that ammo.
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
Ammoseek or gunbroker will have the answer for you, er your friend, trying to flip that ammo.

I see what you did there!
$110 a box! GOOD GRIEF! Unlike some, Ive actually got a 375 and at those prices IM OUT! Fortunately I roll my own so Im immune to those outrageous prices.
With that said, the age of the ammo wouldn't bother me one bit as long as its been kept in a dry place. If kept in a controlled environment it will be good way after we are dead and gone.
About a year or so ago PPU 9,3x62 ammo was under $20 a box.

.375H&H was a always a little bit more.

PPU is fine ammo (maybe I wouldn't hunt in Africa with it, but anything short of a $30k safari... no problem).

Prices all depend on the age and product/bullet.

I suspect 80%+ of .375HH shooters reload.
Laffin’ here. Just checked .416 Rigby ammo. $120-300/box of 20. Hilarious that is.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Thankfully my days of hunting Africa are in my rear view mirror. Still have a few hundred rounds of TBBC, Sledgehammers, and North Fork softs and cup points. Guess my sons are set if they decide to venture across the pond. If not, there's always Texas "land hippo's", i.e. hogs!
Originally Posted by CashisKing
About a year or so ago PPU 9,3x62 ammo was under $20 a box.

.375H&H was a always a little bit more.

PPU is fine ammo (maybe I wouldn't hunt in Africa with it, but anything short of a $30k safari... no problem).

Prices all depend on the age and product/bullet.

I suspect 80%+ of .375HH shooters reload.

I remember buying up Prvi Partizan Ammo for under ten bucks a box for my 9.3x62mm
Every single rifle I've had shot that ammo very well. Damn fine for anything on this side of the pond!
I recently bought two boxes of PPU 165 gr 30-06 to try in my HK 940. LGS sells it for $20.50 a box. It shot very well and will see hogs come March.
Originally Posted by Huntaholic
$110 a box! GOOD GRIEF! Unlike some, Ive actually got a 375 and at those prices IM OUT! Fortunately I roll my own so Im immune to those outrageous prices.
With that said, the age of the ammo wouldn't bother me one bit as long as its been kept in a dry place. If kept in a controlled environment it will be good way after we are dead and gone.

Hunt, congrats making your 50th post in 18 years! ... I agree ^^^^^^^. I roll my own whenever possible as well. Even at today's inflated Gun Broker prices, you could still load .375H&H with new brass for less than $3.00 a stick. If you sourced some 1x brass, you could get it close to $2.00 per stick.
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Originally Posted by Huntaholic

Hunt, congrats making your 50th post in 18 years! ... I agree ^^^^^^^. I roll my own whenever possible as well. Even at today's inflated Gun Broker prices, you could still load .375H&H with new brass for less than $3.00 a stick. If you sourced some 1x brass, you could get it close to $2.00 per stick.

Thanks! To be honest, its not that I don't have anything to say, Id registered all those years ago, made a few posts, drifted away, and forgot my password! After hanging around here the last several days, Im liking this place just fine! Call xiden a dementia riddled, child diddler, diaper wearing thieving bastard around here and its fine, some of those other places, well not so much! That would get you a lock and a ban.
I lucked into my 375, wifes uncle bought it back in the 70s with thoughts of Africa. Hes in his 70s now and mentioned selling it, so I made him an offer on it that was a great deal for both of us. He does woodworking and needed some lumber, I log for a living so lumber isn't an issue. I traded lumber that all I had in it was my time. He also had 3 boxes factory ammo plus a few boxes of brass. I bought some new brass as well before the insanity hit. I also bought 2 different weights of Barnes bullets and 500 speer grand slam bullets when I caught them on closeout for less than 20 bucks a box. Im set for life now on ammo for it!
That old gun is a shooter too! It took me a while to figure it out, you cant put any pressure on it when you shoot. Gotta just let the big dog eat when it comes to recoil. If you can do that, it will put 3 shots way less than an inch with pretty much any load Ive tried in it.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IIiRC 30-378 WBY? in SW was wearing a price of about $160/ box . But then my eyes had crossed, rolled back, gone out of focus, and were watering

Insane!
300 h&h is equally stupid.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Midway has gotten out of hand w price jacking.

Originally Posted by Ky221

Wow, guess I better not be shooting too much of my H &H stock......
Originally Posted by Ky221

Was on a sight last week where someone wanted $450.00 for 11 boxes of 300 H&H ammo. Think i'll revisit today.
The best bang for the buck is old Mauser-style bolt gun chambered for 9,3x64 with soft point hunting loads (soft iron case) from Russian Federation. The ammo is real affordable. Sadly you will probably not be able to buy this ammo due to some kind of stupid embargo on Russian Federation which only hurts you and not the Russians.
The buddy bought 50 boxes for $30/bx. and so far has sold 20 boxes for $50?bx. which surprised me. Never thought he'd get that and that my represent the extent of sales at that price, expect he'll lower his asking price for the remainder.
$30/box is close to reloading prices. Damn good score!! I am envious.
Originally Posted by steveredd1
$110.00 per box

Not here. Local sportsman warehouse has it in stock right now, 65-90 a box depending on thre brand and bullet
© 24hourcampfire