Home
Posted By: wabigoon Coffee, and Weather? - 01/09/22
I'm on my second cup, of black Maxwell House.

Sunny, and 4 out, forecast of 22.

Chruch later today.

Weather today for you good folks?
Posted By: EdM Re: Coffee, and Weather? - 01/09/22
It’s 55 and a bit overcast that I think will open to blue skies here in Dallas. My son and I are heading over to a cafe for breakfast in a few minutes for breakfast and coffee. Then on the road home.
Posted By: dale06 Re: Coffee, and Weather? - 01/09/22
Good morning,
A bit north of you in the Minneapolis western burbs -7 now but warming to +4 later today. On my first cup of French roast coffee.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Coffee, and Weather? - 01/09/22
Thanks all, one of the interesting things about this place is the wide geography.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Coffee, and Weather? - 01/09/22
Mornin' men!

Foggy and 63* this morning.

Was going to go hog hunting last night, but when I went outside, it was already misting and foggy. Thermals don't work optimally in that... Didn't go.

Maybe tonight?
Posted By: Dixie_Rebel Re: Coffee, and Weather? - 01/09/22
Coffee:
Lavazza Gran Selezione

Weather:
Typical, sunny and 73 degrees......shorts and tee shirt here is south Florida.
Posted By: Hastings Re: Coffee, and Weather? - 01/09/22
McCafe Premium Roast. Hard rain, thunder, wind, and tornado warning before daylight. No rain or wind now. Cloudy and between 60 and 70F. When my grand daughter gets ready we are going to check the cows and fences.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Coffee, and Weather? - 01/09/22
-20F now, high of 3.

As long as the wind doesn't blow I don't care.
Posted By: worriedman Re: Coffee, and Weather? - 01/09/22
Like Hastings, McCafe Premium Roast, I treat myself to a bag every once in a while, as I am the onliest producer amongst this horde of hangers-on that eat my food and drain my bank accounts...pouring rain here, 49° this morning. After the few inches of snow and 9° two days ago the ground is pure muck. Good day to binge Justified later...
Posted By: pullit Re: Coffee, and Weather? - 01/09/22
52 and rain here, just finished my 3rd cup. getting ready for church as well
Posted By: MarkWV Re: Coffee, and Weather? - 01/09/22
28 degrees when I got up, looks like rain is in the forecast for this morning. Third cup down along with 2 Reese’s cups.
Posted By: LazyL0228 Re: Coffee, and Weather? - 01/09/22
Rain all night dry now, temps falling 40deg now 20deg. tonight. Drinking thick black coffee, eggs and salt cure ham in a min.
Posted By: kkahmann Re: Coffee, and Weather? - 01/09/22
2nd pot of McCafe here it’s-3 with wind 23NNW. Everyone here on Metric but I’m not. Supposed to gradually get colder all day but that’s OK I got plenty of firewood.
Posted By: gunswizard Re: Coffee, and Weather? - 01/09/22
Coffee with the other old farts @ Hardee's, just finished breakfast. Rained all night currently 41 degrees, headed to church at 11:00.
Posted By: 22250rem Re: Coffee, and Weather? - 01/09/22
Still on my first 20 oz. mug of my special dollar general instant coffee so I'm obviously not a coffee snob. It ain't fresh ground premium stuff but a little creamer & sugar and it's not bad. 35 degrees with real grey low cloud cover and misting. Calling for temps to go down this afternoon and snow by tonight and then back to a more typical winter weather pattern. Going to a winter fest today; too bad most of what snow we had is almost gone. Have a late Xmas present for my younger step grand daughter..... snowshoes. Couldn't get them in time for Christmas (sold out) but they came in this past week. She outgrew the kiddie pair she had and it would have been nice for her to try out the new ones today at the winter fest. Adirondack Mountain club sets up a big cross country ski & snowshoe display with demonstrations. Oh well; such is winter sometimes.
Posted By: hanco Re: Coffee, and Weather? - 01/09/22
Warm here, half ass raining
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Coffee, and Weather? - 01/09/22

still dark & 20*

Utah storms over now for a week or two says the weather guy

The dreaded inversion settles in the the Salt Lake valley now

Traps the cold air & smog in the valley....clear & sunny above it.......

Another good reason to live in Podunk...sunny & clear

Headed out with the drone Monday to shoot pics & vid's

Sample pic of similar location...no starbucks to be found

this weather guy is pretty good

https://www.ksl.com/weather/forecast

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Coffee, and Weather? - 01/09/22
Drinking a Wal-Mart k-cup of dark roast.
Just checked the temp and forgot already.
High 20s though. Freezing rain. Supposed to hit 45 later.
Then be sub freezing for several days.
Posted By: goalie Re: Coffee, and Weather? - 01/09/22
-4 here. Shop is 50 degrees. Got some fire poker orders my son needs to weld up today, so should be good.
17 here, going up to 35.. Have not had a coffee yet. Been up since 3:05.. Still may lay down for a rest. Coffee on my walk later. We usually have a flavored coffee. Hope so. May be going pistol shooting later to day.. Maybe try out my step sons new SA .45 acp.
Posted By: Deans Re: Coffee, and Weather? - 01/09/22
Still on my 16 oz mug of coffee. Cold front supposed to blow in sometime today. Still a little rain off and on. Ya'll have a great day.
Posted By: BlueDuck Re: Coffee, and Weather? - 01/09/22
10 degrees and clear. Sun is just starting to peak over the mountain. 2nd cup of Folgers.
Posted By: roundoak Re: Coffee, and Weather? - 01/09/22
Richard, can I join this coffee clutch? I am having my first cup of tea (Uncle Lee green tea). Freezing fog thru the night, just finished morning chores. 4 deg, this morning and a high of 11 deg. today with 15 to 20 mph winds.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Coffee, and Weather? - 01/09/22
Sure thing Wayne, and thanks all!
Posted By: asheepdog Re: Coffee, and Weather? - 01/09/22
Rain, rain and more rain. Had wood working projects planned (cabinets) but can’t get wood to the house in these torrential downpours. Though I will not be deprived of my coffee regardless of weather. As is typical in my part of the state the weather changes daily in regard to cool weather to heat, 30’s one day and 80’s the next.
Posted By: Huntz Re: Coffee, and Weather? - 01/09/22
Green tea and raw honey.4 degrees.
Posted By: mathman Re: Coffee, and Weather? - 01/09/22
Community House Blend, black.

71 degrees, dew point 68 degrees.

Posted By: skeen Re: Coffee, and Weather? - 01/09/22
Originally Posted by SamOlson
-20F now, high of 3.

eek I think that'd damn near kill me. blush
Posted By: STRSWilson Re: Coffee, and Weather? - 01/09/22
Another day, another pot of coffee. Today its a Charleston Coffee Roasters Dark Roast.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Coffee, and Weather? - 01/09/22
Originally Posted by skeen
-20F now, high of 3.

You'd be surprised at how well you acclimate.

I'm jealous of Roundoak being done with chores.

6 hours and we should be done....lol
Posted By: andy57 Re: Coffee, and Weather? - 01/09/22
30 degrees first thing this am,Dark roast coffee, watched online church earlier.Temps to drop today currently 21 degrees.
Posted By: HughW Re: Coffee, and Weather? - 01/09/22
Just finished a cup of dark roast and watching the snow come in. -20C today
Starting to run out of places on our lot to pile snow. Our area was very dry late last fall so this snow accumulation may help.
So another coffee before heading out.
47 and rain coming

don't drink coffee though
Posted By: ironbender Re: Coffee, and Weather? - 01/09/22
Hadn’t been below zero in just over 24 hours. Winning! 😁 +8* F now.

Coffee is blacker than pelosi’s heart, hotter than a $2 pistol, and thick enough to float a crowbar.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Coffee, and Weather? - 01/09/22
Up at 5 as usual. Had my one cup of Eight O'Clock with a cookie. Sunduh Brunch at 8 (veggie omelet, Canadian bacon, bagels, cup of mixed fruit, glass of tomato juice.) As a devout non-believer, no church. About to watch the Packers game, maybe watch some golf from Hawaii later. A nap may be in order, also.

Forgot to add the weather. Crystal clear and 24 at dawn, will coast up to 40-ish, they say. As Tikkanut said, inversion soon to build. Yuck.
Posted By: skeen Re: Coffee, and Weather? - 01/09/22
Originally Posted by ironbender
Hadn’t been below zero in just over 24 hours. Winning! 😁 +8* F now.

Coffee is blacker than pelosi’s heart, hotter than a $2 pistol, and thick enough to float a crowbar.

laugh
Posted By: goalie Re: Coffee, and Weather? - 01/09/22
I love overhead, infrared heat. Fire poker pieces ready for the little guy to weld.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: roundoak Re: Coffee, and Weather? - 01/09/22
Originally Posted by skeen
-20F now, high of 3.

You'd be surprised at how well you acclimate.

I'm jealous of Roundoak being done with chores.

6 hours and we should be done....lol

Morning chores fed cows on home farm barn yard, check waterers, Packer Game, after that check and feed out cows on other two farms.
Posted By: las Re: Coffee, and Weather? - 01/09/22
2nd cuppa fresh ground, overcast, 8* with 10 wind. 15* high.

Kinda bummed - we wanted to go to our off-road rec cabin 60 miles away this weekend thru Tues, but minus temps were forecast, with snow and 20mph wind. Gut said cancel, forecast this morning was changed.... would have been fine. Bastids!
© 24hourcampfire