Home
https://www.newsweek.com/wolves-colorado-kill-cow-walden-attack-livestock-reintroduction-1661508

A pack of wolves has killed a cow in Colorado in the first attack on livestock in over 70 years. The Colorado Cattlemen's Association (CCA) said the 500lb heifer was found dead, having been attacked and eaten, near Walden.

Wolves once roamed across Colorado but they were eradicated from the state by 1940 after conflicts with humans. After humans arrived and took away the large mammals the wolves once preyed on, the predators began hunting livestock and they were "systematically eradicated," Colorado Parks and Wildlife (CPW) said.

The first lone wolf took up residence in the state in 2019. In November 2020, a bill was passed that would see wolves reintroduced to the state. Since then a breeding pack has been established, with the first pups born in June 2021. The pack resides in north central Colorado.

"On behalf of the livestock producer, who is a member of the CCA, as well as Colorado Parks and Wildlife, we ask that the public refrain from disturbing the area and individuals associated with this wolf attack," CCA President Steve Wooten said in a statement.

The CCA said that while the incident was unfortunate, it highlighted issues that CPW would need to address as part of its reintroduction program. This includes developing methods to minimize conflict and to provide compensation for wolf-related losses, including livestock performance such as loss of pregnancies and weight loss.

A CPW spokesperson told the Denver Post that it was aware of a report of a wolf kill and was "actively investigating the claim." Rebecca Ferrell told the newspaper: "If it is determined to be caused by the wolves that have naturally migrated into the state, we will compensate the landowner through current game damage program."

It is thought restoring wolves to Colorado will help improve the natural ecosystem and provide a means of controlling elk numbers.
provide a means of controlling elk numbers.

Sure will.
Originally Posted by roundoak
https://www.newsweek.com/wolves-colorado-kill-cow-walden-attack-livestock-reintroduction-1661508

Wolves once roamed across Colorado but they were eradicated from the state by 1940 after conflicts with humans. After humans arrived and took away the large mammals the wolves once preyed on (?????), the predators began hunting livestock and they were "systematically eradicated," Colorado Parks and Wildlife (CPW) said.

It is thought restoring wolves to Colorado will help improve the natural ecosystem and provide a means of controlling elk numbers. (!!!!!!!!!)

So much wrong with the mindset of Newsweek (and CPW), but I'm not surprised.
Yeah? What large animals in the 40s did we get rid of?
Wolves killed a guys cowdog up there, too.
Ive killed 2 elk in Jackson Co. Co.
wolves like beef better its easier to catch and eat over wild animals ,i know i live in Northern Minnesota
S
S
S

Kill all of them.
As if controlling elk numbers is a problem.
"If it is determined to be caused by the wolves that have naturally migrated into the state, ..."

How else?
Originally Posted by Sasha_and_Abby
S
S
S

Kill all of them.

I wished it was that easy, we have been hunting and trapping doing SSS for 10 years now in Montana and barely have been able to keep the population at about 1,000+
Talk to any biologist who knows anything about wolves and they will tell you gotta take out 1/3 of the population a year just to stay even. Hopefully the relaxed laws we have since we got rid of the P.O.S Bullock and his greenie commissioners we can start knocking them back.
Theres probably only one way though and it will never happen, hang on Colorado in about 10 years you will find out just what wolves really do to your Elk, Deer and Moose populations
If I lived in that area, I'd kill every damn one of them that I could.
Most large predators look better from miles away on TV.
The guy with the dog says his 12 year old son will not be let roam this summer, and he is a genuine rancher, not yuppie. Of course Polis and company have laws that under 21 cannot carry a pistol.

They cannot rREntroduce grey wolves as they were never native. The native wolf is extinct, for better or worse. I
It could be a wolf released by a greenie from a captive pack, they ltak about it.

I still think boulder would be a good place
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Most large predators look better from miles away on TV.

Ot at 200 with a cross-hair superimposed.......
They were never reintroduced in MT. not in N.W MT anyway they were already there.
I used to spend alot of time in what used to be the Lost Trail Ranch in Pleasant Valley in the 90's before it became the Lost trail refugee and I was with a couple of the Ranch hands one day and they took me and showed me were the Wolf dens were at, they had dug into the Bank.
An ole rancher Bob Monk shot one somewhere about 1990 in Pleasant Valley getting into his cows when fish and game finally admitted they were there.
I'm surprised Colorado hasn't had wolves for sometime now. They moved from Yellowstone through Idaho and into Oregon. Then down to Northern California. When they get established, Colorado will see a reduction of elk, deer and anything else they can catch. They been killing cattle in Klamath and Jackson counties for a few years now. It doesn't surprise me they kill Colorado cattle also. Your state fish and wildlife dollars are going to take a hit, as the slobbering liberals use money for wolves, instead of deer and elk management! Good luck!
...And this "The first lone wolf took up residence in the state in 2019."
BS! ..I read an article in a Grand Junction news paper several years before '19 that was glorifying wolf sightings in an area north of GJ and how wonderful it was. There are more wolves in CO. than the game dept. wants to admit.

I was born and raised in CO. and hate seeing what's happened to the state, and I'm sure very disheartening and frustrating for those of you still there.
Originally Posted by Heym06
I'm surprised Colorado hasn't had wolves for sometime now.

We have. I personally know of 3 killed over 10 years ago near Walden. They sleep with the fishes at the bottom of lake John..... Another one was killed by a car on I-70 near Idaho Springs.
And another in 2015 at Kremmling.
Originally Posted by sherm_61
They were never reintroduced in MT. not in N.W MT anyway they were already there.
I used to spend alot of time in what used to be the Lost Trail Ranch in Pleasant Valley in the 90's before it became the Lost trail refugee and I was with a couple of the Ranch hands one day and they took me and showed me were the Wolf dens were at, they had dug into the Bank.
An ole rancher Bob Monk shot one somewhere about 1990 in Pleasant Valley getting into his cows when fish and game finally admitted they were there.

Sherm, there was a pack that moved back and forth over the border back in the early 90's but the vast majority of wolves in the state, including the NW are the result of a well orchestrated process of bringing timber wolves down from Canada and turning them loose, and not just Jellystone park. I found one of the staging areas down along the Blackfoot river while I was scouting for a new area to hunt. The pens/cages were still in the area where FWP was acclimating the wolves before release in the area, and that was years earlier. The few wolves that moved in on their own is a drop in the bucket compared to what was artificially introduced/released.
Originally Posted by huntsman22

We have. I personally know of 3 killed over 10 years ago near Walden. They sleep with the fishes at the bottom of lake John..... Another one was killed by a car on I-70 near Idaho Springs.

I knew a guy who hit a black bear on a dirt road.

Well...that's where it ended up. No telling EXACTLY where it was when it was struck....
On comes the bar stool sss crowd.

It’s real funny all the sss drunks all claimed how many they killed before delisting. Since it’s been legal in MT, Wy and ID with multiple tags the Sss crowd now kill none and wolf numbers are higher.

I always ask the wolf whiners how many they have seen or killed. The answer is always the same. None
I have never seen a wolf in the wild, let alone killed one. 😊
I've killed 2.

I wear that as a badge of honor as a Californian.
Originally Posted by callnum

It’s real funny all the sss drunks all claimed how many they killed before delisting. Since it’s been legal in MT, Wy and ID with multiple tags the Sss crowd now kill none and wolf numbers are higher.

I always ask the wolf whiners how many they have seen or killed. The answer is always the same. None

The great Two Dogs Fuucking speaks.
Originally Posted by Salmonella
I've killed 2.

Fuggin A!
I've killed 2.

That is a good record.......... I shot at two, hit one for sure, never recovered it, but pretty sure he was eaten by night fall.
Once established, they will never be gotten rid of and they kill Cattle up here all the time.

Wolves got a huge Bull in a swamp and looks like a long drawn out death ensued, then my buddy who has a grazing lease showed me pics of his Cattle with their tails ripped off and their hind legs hamstrung. He finally had to move his Cattle 100 miles away to another lease. What they do to Ungulates is sickening.
But, if it was my cowdog that was killed, I would dedicate the rest of my life to killing them off. And the CPW would never know. In my best Shooter/Mark Wahlberg voice, " I don't think you understand. These boys killed my dog"......
Originally Posted by SBTCO

Well bud how many have you killed? And not the standard Internet forum make believe wolf kill.

Well bud how many have you killed? And not the standard Internet forum make believe wolf kill.

Well butt, I've never killed a one, or claimed to have, here or anywhere else.
You be the one who claims expertise on all things predator, oh great slayer of panthers.

You don't take out Wolves with guns, you would have to see them to do that, and you don't see them so....

Nah, he's only one dog doing the deed, all alone, with himself, while reading the directions

One for me, tho Ive had more opportunities. Maybe next time i get stalked by a pack and they want my dog to "come play out" l'll whack another
Originally Posted by las

Nah, he's only one dog doing the deed, all alone, with himself, while reading the directions

laugh....

I take it you encourage wolf reintroduction! If that's the case a good old gfy! Yes I have seen wolf in the mountains and the marsh! Three in the last two years, one within a quarter mile from town. No I haven't had the pleasure of killing one in the lower 48. Put a wolf hunting season in my state and I will try.

I take it you encourage wolf reintroduction! If that's the case a good old gfy! Yes I have seen wolf in the mountains and the marsh! Three in the last two years, one within a quarter mile from town. No I haven't had the pleasure of killing one in the lower 48. Put a wolf hunting season in my state and I will try.

Well you take it wrong. Not surprising
Methods to minimize contact?? WTF does that mean??

Best method is to kill all of the fuggin things or as many as possible.

The way I read it is they will repay the rancher if the heifer was killed by wolves that "naturally" roamed in, but not if they were reintroduced wolves??

I would say fugg Colorado Parks and Wildlife and kill everyone I ran on to if I were a rancher.

There is a reason they tried wiping them out 100+ years ago.
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

There is a reason they tried wiping them out 100 years ago.

Was it the same reasons “they” wiped out bison, elk, raptors and ducks 100 years ago?
Probably. Bad thing is they didn't succeed on the wolves and raptors.

Damn shame.
Go to wildlifecontrolsupplies.com, or minntrapprod.com they can fix you up.
Originally Posted by 673
I've killed 2.

That is a good record.......... I shot at two, hit one for sure, never recovered it, but pretty sure he was eaten by night fall.
Once established, they will never be gotten rid of and they kill Cattle up here all the time.

Wolves got a huge Bull in a swamp and looks like a long drawn out death ensued, then my buddy who has a grazing lease showed me pics of his Cattle with their tails ripped off and their hind legs hamstrung. He finally had to move his Cattle 100 miles away to another lease. What they do to Ungulates is sickening.

But, but....they only kill the old/weak/crippled!! That's what the Defenders of Wildlife/Center for Biological Diversity say!!!!
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
But, but....they only kill the old/weak/crippled!! That's what the Defenders of Wildlife/Center for Biological Diversity say!!!!
10 or 12 wolves can run anything down and kill it.
Originally Posted by Hastings

10-12 Wolves?....one Wolf will kill 12-15 Elk a year....there's where the Elk went.

You have lots of experience with Louisiana wolves?

Ok tough guy.
Originally Posted by copperking81

Ok tough guy.

LOL

Ok tough guy.

LOL

You going to tell us about all your experience with Montana wolves there tough guy?
Originally Posted by las
provide a means of controlling elk numbers.

Sure will.

Scum will do anything to reduce hunting seasons or success.
That area is a beautiful part of the state. Big valleys surrounded by snowcapped peaks. Not far from Wyoming line. Not sure why this doesn't void the vote for forced introduction when they are already here.
Well, it damn sure should.... How can you intro something existing?....
Well, it damn sure should.... How can you intro something existing?....

These people don't care about fair, this agenda driven stuff.

Ok tough guy.

LOL

You going to tell us about all your experience with Montana wolves there tough guy?

I have called in 3.packs before the delisting and shot none. I have called in 3 since the delisting and killed all 3. One in each MT, WY and ID. MT and ID was while elk hunting. WY I was calling coyotes.

How about you?
But, but....they only kill the old/weak/crippled!! That's what the Defenders of Wildlife/Center for Biological Diversity

As a matter of fact I do have a lot of experience with putting a stop to canines in packs chasing and killing livestock. Wolves are nothing more than big bad dogs. I'll use any method except poison.
But, but....they only kill the old/weak/crippled!! That's what the Defenders of Wildlife/Center for Biological Diversity

As a matter of fact I do have a lot of experience with putting a stop to canines in packs chasing and killing livestock. Wolves are nothing more than big bad dogs. I'll use any method except poison.

LOL

No

You stick to crawfish and I will stick to wolves.
If the wolves decimate herds, you won’t have any to hunt. Without any to hunt there is no need for you to have a gun.

Osky

Yes I do live in the middle of wolf country. Plenty of first hand experience.
Lobowatch nonsense
Not much of the 3rd "S" on here.

More like 6-8.

Ok tough guy.

LOL

I have called in 3.packs before the delisting and shot none. I have called in 3 since the delisting and killed all 3. One in each MT, WY and ID. MT and ID was while elk hunting. WY I was calling coyotes.

How about you?

Three whole wolves? Dam.. check out tough guy! lol
3 is more than zero bubba.

Lol
Lets see a picture callnum
Go sit on a traffic cone calls4cum.
They will certainly affect elk numbers, but I'd leave the word "control" out of the sentence.

LOL

No

Seriously bro, is this a real post??? lol
Originally Posted by ol_mike

Im thinking a pic would blow her cover. whistle
I'm surprised Colorado hasn't had wolves for sometime now. They moved from Yellowstone through Idaho and into Oregon. Then down to Northern California. When they get established, Colorado will see a reduction of elk, deer and anything else they can catch. They been killing cattle in Klamath and Jackson counties for a few years now. It doesn't surprise me they kill Colorado cattle also. Your state fish and wildlife dollars are going to take a hit, as the slobbering liberals use money for wolves, instead of deer and elk management! Good luck!

My cousin and I heard them in the Uncompahgre back in 2011. What we heard was unmistakeable, and several locals confirmed it.

LOL

No

Seriously bro, is this a real post??? lol

Sure thing Jambalaya
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Pay up dead beat
Jag has shown pics of schit he's killed.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
How is the inheritance?
Too bad these wolves can't be trained that Democrats taste like chicken

Good for the wolves.

God Bless Mother Nature and 'Merica.
Originally Posted by Raferman
Jag has shown pics of schit he's killed.

Yep.
BHA morons like Caldumb, Buzzh are celebrating all of the dead livestock and elk and moose now in Colorado since BHA helped introduce Canadian grey wolves. . Just part of the anti hunting, anti gun BHA agenda. No one is surprised.
Originally Posted by ribka
BHA morons like Caldumb, Buzzh are celebrating all of the dead livestock and elk and moose now in Colorado since BHA helped introduce Canadian grey wolves. . Just part of the anti hunting, anti gun BHA agenda. No one is surprised.

Exactly^^^^^^^^^^^^ you don't need hunters when you have Wolves.
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Pay up dead beat

Good you can come on here again to remind us what a anti hunting clown you are like Land Towney, and what a pos anti hunting, anti farming, anti ranching organization BHA is. Hopefully all of the BHA goober will wake up and quit your BHA anti hunting scam
I remember reading in National Geographic in '95 about the reintroduction of Wolves back into the states. The article talked about the Canadian folks they spoke with about capturing some and they looked at us dumbfounded and asked, "You want to do what? You want to bring them back into the states? Are you crazy?" I thought the same thing.

https://www.yellowstonepark.com/park/conservation/yellowstone-wolves-reintroduction/#:~:text=Biologists%20in%20Yellowstone%20began%20exploring%20the%20idea%20of,transplanted%20wolves%20would%20simply%20head%20north%20to%20home.
3 is more than zero bubba.

Lol

Join BHA and end elk , moose and deer hunting forever. Plus you can support the abolishment of the 2nd amendment.
Originally Posted by ribka

The number of livestock killed by wolves is miniscule ... and I am, as everyone knows, a far right wingnut MAGA supporting Conservative lifelong hunter. But let nature take its course. More wildlife, fewer libtards.

Anyone who doesn't understand that then .... what did the heifer say to the grey wolves?

Eat me.

Oh oh, Caldumb, Buzzh and Land Towney are crying wolf tears now

You stated repeatedly that you've killed dozens of B&C mountain lions in Montana . Can we see some pics anti hunting BHA cuck ? lmao

A lot more than the pot bellied ginger BHA leader Land Tawney. lol
Reba has gone completely jag. Answering your own posts.

LOZl
Reba has gone completely jag. Answering your own posts.

LOZl

Going full blown jag is 100 times better than full blown [bleep].
673;
Top of the morning my friend, I see your light is on so I'm guessing the stove is lit up there and the coffee on as it is here.

We're warm again with the snow melting down in the valley, but of course that makes for crusty snow and will mean the ungulates are going to take a beating from the dog family big and small in both our back yards.

While I've told these tales/tails previously perhaps there's new folks who've not read them or old readers who like me won't remember them. wink

Back before they gave us a wolf season down here in the south, only First Nations hunters could shoot them and so it was that a local chap from Osoyoos Indian Band brought a bruiser of a wolf into my friends' taxidermy shop. They'd done northern wolves before but this one had a couple features new to them, which were an ear tag and radio collar!

The taxidermist father and son duo suggested that the FN chap might want to take at least the radio collar into the local MOE in Penticton "just because" and they pulled the ear tag as well for added entertainment.

It turned out that the MOE, in the fullness of time of course just like in biblical times, were able to ascertain that it was an Alberta wolf, captured on the western slopes of the Rockies, then released in Yellowstone where it was picked for the radio collar and then let loose to wander. Well wander it did 673! laugh

For the curious and sciencey minded amongst us, here's a link to a reasonably close landmark to where wolfie bought the farm.

https://baldyresort.com/

If one takes a quick look at a map then of where Baldy is as compared to say anywhere in Yellowstone, one will begin to grasp how far they can travel. wink

We talked to a bio down here where they said they've got a female wolf collared. The bio said it was no big deal for her to go from my backyard - again we'll say Baldy as that's just south of the mountain behind the house - way up to nearly as far north as your part of the world, where it'll cross north of Okanagan Lake and come back down into the Similkameen. shocked

Like you, I've missed every wolf I've seen in the flesh - exactly one. Shot high, yet again. frown blush

We've tried and tried to call them here. Had smoking fresh tracks in the snow and called with rabbit distress, fawn distress, coyote howls and wolf howls with nobody showing up to see what the fuss was.

For the rest of the readers here, just north of 673 there's no bag limit, no closed season for wolves and there's still an over abundance.

As you said 673, I do not believe either that enough can be shot to control the population. Aerial gunning excepted and likely not that down here in the timber, but maybe with the right pilot and an auto shotgun? Maybe...

Anyways all the best to you all 673, I hope we can do coffee sometime this year.

Dwayne
In 2000 my dad and I were hunting elk with a drop camp outfitter just west of where they re-introduced these wolves. I saw two very large white and grey and brown canines cross a field about 80 yards from me. I have dogs, big dogs and these made my Labs look small. Told the guide and he said, just big coyotes. Right. 120lb. coyotes. What they do to hurt the elk population is 100% real. Just like coyotes do to deer and turkey population.
Thank you Dwayne for that story, I didn't realize they traveled that far, but I guess they don't follow any rules as such.
A Wolf looks big when you see them broadside, then when they are facing you present a pretty skinny target, couple that with a moving one, prove hard to hit indeed. The one I did hit was upside down for some time, then managed to swim across a small pond then disappear.

I did some checking into what the term "Wolfer" means/meant, here is some reading.
https://fort.galtmuseum.com/articles/wolfers

The biggest problem we have is the will to kill them, we already know how to do it. Shooting them is futile, poison is so last Century and immoral, however...there are other methods of "poison" that are acceptable to me and others, perhaps a type of poison that makes them sterile??

Either way, a can of worms has been opened and special interest has ran away with it, I know that from the last Wolf seminar I attended where after my turn at the mic, had me nearly having to fight my way out of there.

I suspect nothing will happen, this Province couldn't organize a dog fight.
673;
Good morning and thanks for the reply and link sir!

It occurs to me that while you are increasing my personal library, you are costing me money at the same time when we chat! wink

Way back in the day James Gary Shelton addressed the BCWF and did a presentation on how our green movement - I shall not give them capital letters thanks - have iconized wolves and grizzly bears, to the detriment of the environment and animals therein.

Sounds like the meeting got downright sporty! laugh

When the greenies tried to end black bear hunting in the province a buddy was there and he said only the presenter and two people showed up in support of suspending the black bear season, while the rest of the standing room only crowd was there to speak against it - including most of the local CO's!

I've long suspected it's easier to envision all sorts of environmental solutions when you're in an office on East Pender or some similar proximity of East Hastings, you know?

We do have a trapper up on the mountain behind the house, but I've yet to meet him/them and would love to chat and see if they are taking any wolves out.

The young neighbor buddy across the gully goes "snow wheeling" up there still - huge rubber, low air pressure tires with bead locks and air lockers front and back - and he says there's lots of wolf tracks.

Without a snow machine this year it's a no go to attempt hunting them and that's a headache I shall pass on at this stage in my wrenching life - snow machines and I have a bit of a hate/hate relationship. laugh

You are correct in that the provincial government at this point absolutely would screw up a two car funeral procession 673. Amazing really.

Regardless of all that, I hope the day's a good one for you my friend.

Dwayne
The whole wolf thing is an anti-hunting ploy. Their long range plan was to use predators to reduce game animals to the point where hunting would have to be stopped. That's not my opinion, that's what they said themselves in writing.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The whole wolf thing is an anti-hunting ploy. Their long range plan was to use predators to reduce game animals to the point where hunting would have to be stopped. That's not my opinion, that's what they said themselves in writing.

Lets see the "writing". You have a link?
In other headlines, another wolf was found assassinated by the forces of evil near Joseph Oregon. Gunshot. I think this makes 8 or so within a year around there, 7 by poison. Members of Oregon Wild are spinning like tops with their hair (they got lots of hair) on fire. Screaming at LEO's because they haven't caught any of the assassin(s). I love it.
flintlocke;
Good morning to you sir, I hope you're getting the weather you all need - snow pack or not as it were - and that all in your world are well.

It surprises me not one bit that large predators get dealt with by individuals whose livelihood depend upon agricultural production to survive. It's pretty much ever been thus and I suspect ever will be, you know?

What surprises me always is that the carcasses get found.

For example of the local conditions here in southern BC, a mulie doe succumbed to either a vehicle hit or some disease in our yard a couple years back.

It was late winter or early spring as I recall but no snow and I found her as I'd returned from work and saw a big Bald Eagle in the Ponderosa by our compost bin/garden area which is unusual enough for me to check it out.

Anyways I found the dead doe and she had her eyes pecked out, some pecking on the hind quarter and was swelled up like a basket ball. Because of the proximity to our house and the terrain we live on, moving the doe wasn't practical, so I slid a knife up her spine and peeled the top third or so off to give the cleanup crew a bit of an assist.

I'm here to say that in two days all that was left was the pile of deer hair on the ground!

My goodness talk about bird activity in the daytime and I'm assuming the night shift was mostly coyotes, but surely could have been black bears too as we're seeing more of them.

Anyways that's our situation here so it's mildly surprising to me when carcasses get found anywhere, though if they're fresher that makes sense.

But yah, folks whose paycheck gets affected by predators will deal with the issue as they see fit or at least that's been my experience with my contacts in the agricultural producers in the western provinces.

All the best to you folks this week regardless sir. Stay warm, well and dry.

Dwayne

Agreed.
The only ones "they" want hunting are the Natives. Its interesting watching one special interest group cozy up to another to achieve their end.
Too add.....humans wont be needed to control wildlife when we have Wolves to do it, it takes man out of the entire management plan.
Originally Posted by 673

Agreed.
The only ones "they" want hunting are the Natives. Its interesting watching one special interest group cozy up to another to achieve their end.
Too add.....humans wont be needed to control wildlife when we have Wolves to do it, it takes man out of the entire management plan.

This makes no sense. If the wolves were transplanted to eliminate hunting then why is there such liberal seasons on wolves?

Also in MT WY and ID in many areas hunters can kill more that on elk, and same with deer, so if the plan was to have wolves kill off game, well it didn't work very well.

And to make things clear I'm not pro wolf and wish they were never mover here, although they were coming on their own. They are here now and the best we can do his hunt and trap as many as we can. Most guys will never get a chance to kill one.

If you really want to know the truth about how they got here read Carter Niemeyer's book "Wolfer" he was in on the trapping and relocating. You will get the facts from a guy that was there instead of the guy on a barstool.

Lets see the "writing". You have a link?

No, I don't have a link. That was my big mistake. I read this 5 years before the original introductions in one of the anti-hunting magazines that someone gave me. I thought it was idiotic and didn't keep it. I've wished MANY times since then that I'd kept it just for occasions like this. At the time, they were working to get their people in positions of power in the Forest Svc, US Fish and Wildlife Svc, and other similar agencies. Over time, they got it done and now we have the wolves.

i have also read this statement in the past about saving wolves someplace ? the bunny huggers / snowflakes do have this plan . here in Minnesota we have a real problem with wolves but the head DNR managers and the state Governor are wolf lovers / snowflakes that want wolves saved . we have a real mess here in Minnesota with these snowflakes and the way they vote the Twin Cities alone with the large population of different races control our whole state its B.S. ,
Some anti hunting group with a magazine did not transplant the wolves. The US Fish and Wildlife Service did.

Some anti hunting group could make any kind of claims for why wolves were brought here but it does not make it true.

Read Carter’s book if you want the real story.
I will go with my experience, and my data and observation, because I don't trust "the data".
I am suggesting a 60-70% reduction of game in my area, based on my observation. I am normally in the bush everyday, a bush I have been my entire life. It is not my observation alone, but the combining of observations of others who have the ability to extrapolate the obvious signs of Ungulate decline.

I have seen area's you could easily see 3-5... 4 point Mule deer a day, 24"-30" bucks... to seeing none in a day just 2 years later, finding several carcasses a day from Wolves. Or area's where we used to put 2 Whitetail bucks in the freezer every year to not putting one in the freezer in 6 years, not seeing any at all.

Black Bears are bad too, if you only shoot boars, same with Cougar's...you haven't done anything to help Ungulates, the opposite really as the boars will hopefully prey on the baby Bears lol. I have a friend who isn't a hunter, he will gleefully watch a Bear kill 10-15 fawns a day from his kitchen window and not think past that.

Regulated hunters hopefully don't shoot females unless regulated to do so, Wolves do kill females, not sure how science is to work when that happens?

I view Wolf lovers with suspicion, pure and simple.
Some anti hunting group with a magazine did not transplant the wolves. The US Fish and Wildlife Service did.

Some anti hunting group could make any kind of claims for why wolves were brought here but it does not make it true.

Read Carter’s book if you want the real story.
I didn't say that articles in a magazine brought in the wolves. I said this:
"At the time, they were working to get their people in positions of power in the Forest Svc, US Fish and Wildlife Svc, and other similar agencies. Over time, they got it done and now we have the wolves."
I read this 5 years before the original introductions in one of the anti-hunting magazines that someone gave me.
© 24hourcampfire