Home
She was married to Phil Spector. He was a music genius, but he was a real psycho. Held her prisoner in his estate in LA for years, always threatening to shoot her. Finally she escaped and made it back to her home in NY. Several years later Spector did murder a gal in his mansion, he is doing life in the California pen.
I thought I saw that he recently crossed the river as well, but could be I am thinking of Betty White, they had the same hairdo......
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Phil was a little weird.
I can't keep up with all the "groups of three famous people dying". Is this the start of a new one or the end of the last one?
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
She was married to Phil Spector. He was a music genius, but he was a real psycho. Held her prisoner in his estate in LA for years, always threatening to shoot her. Finally she escaped and made it back to her home in NY. Several years later Spector did murder a gal in his mansion, he is doing life in the California pen.

This and yes he should have rotted in prison (and he did, Ronnie outlived his sorry ass).
Lots of smart people are weird. Who was the weird one in The Beach Boys??
She sang a great backup part to Eddie Money in Take Me Home Tonight - had never heard of her until then.
Originally Posted by hanco
Lots of smart people are weird. Who was the weird one in The Beach Boys??

Brian Wilson.
She was HOT in the 60s...
no jimmy olsen scoop
Never realized the line in the Eddie Money song "just like Ronnie sang" alluded to her and her previous song.

I read that Money had the song presented to him and didn't think much of it. He thought the the only way it would work was if he had her sing the female part. His producers told him that was impossible but eventually he was able to get in contact with her and get her to do it.
Check her out singing with sha na na in the mid-70s that's Tuff Stuff there!
Died twice in 2 days?
Originally Posted by slumlord
no jimmy olsen scoop

Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Died twice in 2 days?

With the fuggers around here mainlining TMZ you gotta be Jimmy on the spot.
Originally Posted by atvalaska
Check her out singing with sha na na in the mid-70s that's Tuff Stuff there!

Like I said ...good stuff! Thanks for hunting up the footage !
no jimmy olsen scoop

24 hours late?

Smokey mountain rain keep on falling.....
Originally Posted by atvalaska
Like I said ...good stuff! Thanks for hunting up the footage !

You're more than welcome.

I likely saw that at the folks place when it first ran, as they liked that show.
Originally Posted by Santiam

Lots of talent and coke flowing in that vid.

Dave Sanborn on sax.

Remember watching that on the first run.
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Wall of Sound.

Phil's trademark.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
no jimmy olsen scoop

24 hours late?

Smokey mountain rain keep on falling.....

THe horror,,,,
Brian Wilson wrote this for her, however, she didn't record it until 1999. It's a shame she & the Ronettes didn't record it back in the day. It would've been a smash for them. The loss of her voice is palpable, but still a beautiful song

© 24hourcampfire