Home
Posted By: stxhunter Going on the wagon monday. - 01/15/22
Woke up at 1:30 in the morning with my head hurting and dizzy, blood pressure was 206 over 115, had to take another pill and a half to bring it down. Need to lose about 30-35 lbs. Back on Keto.
Damn Roger that is some crazy BP
Hard livin.
Posted By: MarkWV Re: Going on the wagon monday. - 01/15/22
WEDNESDAY, Jan. 5, 2022 (HealthDay News) -- Millions of people are at increased risk of type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure and don't even know it, due to a hidden hormone problem in their bodies.

As many as 1 in 10 people have a non-cancerous tumor on one or both of their adrenal glands that could cause the gland to produce excess amounts of the stress hormone cortisol.

Up to now, doctors have thought that these tumors had little impact on your health.

But a new study out of Britain has found that up to half of people with these adrenal tumors are secreting enough excess cortisol to raise their risk of diabetes and high blood pressure.
Hook you up to a fork lift and get some work done.
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Hard livin.

Actually the opposite , I don't work as hard as I used to. Too much telling the help what to do. and not doing the hard work anymore. Do drink too much about 19 beers and 3/4 bottle of turkey 101 since 1:30 this morning and barely got a buzz. Did take the day off, which lately I haven't been able to do since I'm self-employed, back to work tomorrow.
Might get some labs, check cortisol, aldosterone.

Dexamethasone suppression test, before and after blood draw
Posted By: mathman Re: Going on the wagon monday. - 01/15/22
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Hard livin.

Actually the opposite , I don't work as hard as I used to. Too much telling the help what to do. and not doing the hard work anymore. Do drink too much about 19 beers and 3/4 bottle of turkey 101 since 1:30 this morning and barely got a buzz. Did take the day off, which lately I haven't been able to do since I'm self-employed, back to work tomorrow.

Yeah, you might want to cut back a bit.
Posted By: poboy Re: Going on the wagon monday. - 01/15/22
I had to stop by for a check-up on my way to the liquor store Halloween Eve 2016.
The Doc put me in the E.R. with congestive heart failure. I never have made it to
that liquor store, yet. Good Luck Roger.
Hard livin.

No sir, that's called hard livin.
Posted By: 2ndwind Re: Going on the wagon monday. - 01/15/22
Roger you are a smart guy so I'm guessing you already know this.... if you have a tolerance as high as you describe and you want to experiment with cutting out empty alcohol calories you might want to get a medical consult for detox.

You can always start drinking again if you want to after you find out if you can stop... You seem like the kind of guy that would want to know.

Calorie count - Alcoholic beverages

Alcoholic drinks, like many other drinks, contain calories that can add up quickly. Going out for a couple of drinks can add 500 calories, or more, to your daily intake. Most alcoholic drinks have little to no nutritional value. If you are trying to lose weight or maintain a healthy weight, you will want to watch how much you drink. Cocktails mixed with soda, juice, cream, or ice cream can have especially high calorie counts. If you find you are having trouble cutting back on alcohol, talk with your health care provider.

Here is a list of some popular alcoholic beverages, their serving sizes, and the number of calories in each.

Calorie count - alcoholic beverages
BEVERAGE SERVING SIZE CALORIES
Beer
Beer (light) 12 oz (355 ml) 103
Beer (regular) 12 oz (355 ml) 153
Beer (higher alcohol, craft beers) 12 oz (355 ml) 170 to 350
Distilled Alcohol
Gin (80 proof) 1.5 oz (45 ml) 97
Gin (94 proof) 1.5 oz (45 ml) 116
Rum (80 proof) 1.5 oz (45 ml) 97
Rum (94 proof) 1.5 oz (45 ml) 116
Vodka (80 proof) 1.5 oz (45 ml) 97
Vodka (94 proof) 1.5 oz (45 ml) 116
Whiskey (80 proof) 1.5 oz (45 ml) 97
Whiskey (94 proof) 1.5 oz (45 ml) 116
Didn't drink for 20 yrs while my kids were growing up, still don't smoke but maybe a cigar once in a while. Good looking women are my other vise.
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
Roger you are a smart guy so I'm guessing you already know this.... if you have a tolerance as high as you describe and you want to experiment with cutting out empty alcohol calories you might want to get a medical consult for detox.

You can always start drinking again if you want to after you find out if you can stop... You seem like the kind of guy that would want to know.

Calorie count - Alcoholic beverages

Alcoholic drinks, like many other drinks, contain calories that can add up quickly. Going out for a couple of drinks can add 500 calories, or more, to your daily intake. Most alcoholic drinks have little to no nutritional value. If you are trying to lose weight or maintain a healthy weight, you will want to watch how much you drink. Cocktails mixed with soda, juice, cream, or ice cream can have especially high calorie counts. If you find you are having trouble cutting back on alcohol, talk with your health care provider.

Here is a list of some popular alcoholic beverages, their serving sizes, and the number of calories in each.

Calorie count - alcoholic beverages
BEVERAGE SERVING SIZE CALORIES
Beer
Beer (light) 12 oz (355 ml) 103
Beer (regular) 12 oz (355 ml) 153
Beer (higher alcohol, craft beers) 12 oz (355 ml) 170 to 350
Distilled Alcohol
Gin (80 proof) 1.5 oz (45 ml) 97
Gin (94 proof) 1.5 oz (45 ml) 116
Rum (80 proof) 1.5 oz (45 ml) 97
Rum (94 proof) 1.5 oz (45 ml) 116
Vodka (80 proof) 1.5 oz (45 ml) 97
Vodka (94 proof) 1.5 oz (45 ml) 116
Whiskey (80 proof) 1.5 oz (45 ml) 97
Whiskey (94 proof) 1.5 oz (45 ml) 116
I know, I'll be fine Monday, I've quit for a few weeks or months at a time in the last couple of years.
Originally Posted by poboy
I had to stop by for a check-up on my way to the liquor store Halloween Eve 2016.
The Doc put me in the E.R. with congestive heart failure. I never have made it to

yeah, you had a good buzz going on back at that first dove hunt.
Posted By: 2ndwind Re: Going on the wagon monday. - 01/15/22
One of the physical side effects of "going on the wagon" can be a marked increase of blood pressure. Please keep a close eye on your BP, the "cold turkey" approach could kill you. Some form of tapering off might be safer.
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
One of the physical side effects of "going on the wagon" can be a marked increase of blood pressure. Please keep a close eye on your BP, the "cold turkey" approach could kill you. Some form of tapering off might be safer.

I know.
Posted By: pullit Re: Going on the wagon monday. - 01/15/22
I need to drop about 30-40 lbs myself.
Watch that BP for sure. Mine shot way up for no reason a few years back and the doctor prescribed what I call "don't stroke out pills". Had to take them for about a week. Now I run 148/78 most of the time on a maintenance pill.
I take clonidine .3, 3times a day.
Hard livin.
As far as that goes , yes to an extent but not anything like when I was in my twenty's.
this song is pretty much my take on life.

It's all good till it ain't. Good luck with it.
Woke up at 1:30 in the morning with my head hurting and dizzy, blood pressure was 206 over 115, had to take another pill and a half to bring it down. Need to lose about 30-35 lbs. Back on Keto.

Jeezuz Rog.
You’re in hypertensive crisis league.
You may want to talk to your doc about some med adjustments while you sort out some of the other issues. Nothing you don’t know, but you can only sustain pressures that high for so long before something gives.
I wish you well.
Posted By: overmax Re: Going on the wagon monday. - 01/15/22
I take clonidine .3, 3times a day.

.3 of clonidine tid is pretty impressive. Etiology: potholes, young big butts with a smile and alcohol consumption. Take these in moderation.
Posted By: 284LUVR Re: Going on the wagon monday. - 01/15/22
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

Jeezuz Rog.
but you can only sustain pressures that high for so long before something gives.
I wish you well.

Dude, yer right up there in stroke city. Ain't no joke

Git er done my friend.
Hard livin.
As far as that goes , yes to an extent but not anything like when I was in my twenty's.

You realize that you are killing yourself, right? All that other stuff you like doesn't matter if you are dead, and you will be, if you keep that crap up. I agree on probably tapering off, but it's easy to figure you're doing ok, and got away with it. You won't get away with it.
Posted By: Muffin Re: Going on the wagon monday. - 01/15/22
I know, I'll be fine Monday, I've quit for a few weeks or months at a time in the last couple of years.

'...I've quit several times...' !?!?!?!?!?

Really don't mean to 'pile on'..... but really?
Posted By: JeffA Re: Going on the wagon monday. - 01/15/22
Originally Posted by slumlord
WEDNESDAY, Jan. 5, 2022 (HealthDay News) -- Millions of people are at increased risk of type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure and don't even know it, due to a hidden hormone problem in their bodies.

As many as 1 in 10 people have a non-cancerous tumor on one or both of their adrenal glands that could cause the gland to produce excess amounts of the stress hormone cortisol.

Up to now, doctors have thought that these tumors had little impact on your health.

But a new study out of Britain has found that up to half of people with these adrenal tumors are secreting enough excess cortisol to raise their risk of diabetes and high blood pressure.

Quote: "Do drink too much about 19 beers and 3/4 bottle of turkey 101 since 1:30 this morning and barely got a buzz."

Ah this is a problem. If you regularly drink even half this amount in one day you better taper or get medical supervision particularly with the bp #s. You know what to do. Good luck.
Dude, I don’t even like you, but you gotta stop that schitt. If you’re lucky you might stroke out and drop like a rock, but most people will go slowly and miserably from liver or kidney failure.

And, you’re too old to leave a good-looking corpse…

I started my homemade keto on Dec. 12 and am down over 16lbs. Sounds like you did that before; better do it again.
Posted By: JeffA Re: Going on the wagon monday. - 01/15/22
Hard livin.

Had a great friend that had been on about the same diet for the last 10 years.
He got a admirable write-up in the local paper this past year.

J.W. Conner III (Trey) was a caring father, grandfather, brother and friend. He left this world suddenly for a new home in Heaven on May 14, 2021 at the age of 59.

He was born to J.W. and Sue Conner on July 6, 1961. The youngest of four children, Trey was a fourth generation Floridian. He grew up in Land o Lakes and as a young "Laker" he loved fishing, hunting, water skiing, frog gigging, golf, tennis and all things Florida.

As a resident of Ozello, Trey became an avid air boat enthusiast and loved nothing more than taking friends, family, and even strangers out for a ride over Ozello's scenic salt marshes that he knew like the back of his hand.

He will be remembered by his family and friends for his fun-loving and big heart, his warm smile, love of assorted music, and the smoked mullet and roasted pig that he artfully cooked in his inherited giant smoker.

Trey is survived by his two loving daughters Chea and Trisha, his sons-in-law Nolan and Randy, and his five grandchildren Paizley, Viv, Parker, Bailey and Whit; his sisters Sandy, Patty and Karen, his ex-wife Traci and his dogs Thor & Gatorbait.
He was preceded in death by his parents, his granddaughter Coraleigh and his beloved dog Daewoo.

In lieu of flowers, please donate to the Marine Science Station. Donations can be made by going to citruseducation.org/donate and designating funds to the Marine Science.
Posted By: goalie Re: Going on the wagon monday. - 01/15/22
That amount of alcohol consumption you described and that blood pressure, especially diastolic, is alarming.

But, you know that.

Don't have denial lead to a bad outcome. 😉
Posted By: Riverc Re: Going on the wagon monday. - 01/15/22
No Joking you will be a dead man or have a stroke and be in a Nursing Home soon if you continue on that road.
Posted By: dale06 Re: Going on the wagon monday. - 01/15/22
Good luck.
As others have said, that’s “hard living” on your body.
Posted By: rong Re: Going on the wagon monday. - 01/15/22
Why Monday?

19 brews and a jug of turkey,,,,whew!
Originally Posted by MtnHiker
Quote: "Do drink too much about 19 beers and 3/4 bottle of turkey 101 since 1:30 this morning and barely got a buzz."

Ah this is a problem. If you regularly drink even half this amount in one day you better taper or get medical supervision particularly with the bp #s. You know what to do. Good luck.

not regularly, only sometimes when I'm not working. I do drink a few beers after work but not like when i have a day off and nothing to do.
Originally Posted by rong
Why Monday?

19 brews and a jug of turkey,,,,whew!
just because, fixing to go to work so won't have a beer till this evening.
Posted By: viking Re: Going on the wagon monday. - 01/15/22
Dude!
Good luck Roger, I'm praying for you.
Posted By: hanco Re: Going on the wagon monday. - 01/15/22
I’ve been lucky, blood pressure is good. Don’t drink much, never smoked.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Going on the wagon monday. - 01/15/22
Hard livin.

damage done early is almost impossible to repair FWIW.

Though I am a firm believer in living it the way you want to and that there will be few if any regrets. Even if life is shorter.

Will say a prayer or two. And a note. Grandma lived to 93 with BP in the area you have at times. A fall got her. Surgery. On the way to rehab then the heart gave out. That was probably 2010 or so. I'm pretty sure it was covid. And I think alcohol could be bad for the covid. So its kinda hard to tell. Tongue in cheek obviously but Grandma did have the BP for sure and lived that long. General rule it was 180 or so for top number. Forget the bottom. Ran up to 220 or so fairly often.
One other thing while I do drink a lot of beer, I seldom drink liquor. That bottle of turkey had been sitting for months. I feel good this morning fixing to take off to Alice tx and try and finish up that shower by Tuesday.
Sucked but I had to change my habits long term. I have found I still can enjoy things like beer ribeyes and carbs so long as its in moderation. Moderation was not my strong suit. Once I got used to it the change was not too bad. But initially the thought of it was overwhelming. I spent 30 years on short term fixes reaching goals then going right back to the same habits that got me where I was in the first place. Just easier for me to maintain a long term healthier lifestyle that all that back and forth.
I want to continue to move in the same healthier direction. Do I get the call of the wild once in a while. Heck yes. I even answer it sometimes. But not making it a lifestyle.
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
Sucked but I had to change my habits long term. I have found I still can enjoy things like beer ribeyes and carbs so long as its in moderation. Moderation was not my strong suit. Once I got used to it the change was not too bad. But initially the thought of it was overwhelming. I spent 30 years on short term fixes reaching goals then going right back to the same habits that got me where I was in the first place. Just easier for me to maintain a long term healthier lifestyle that all that back and forth.
I want to continue to move in the same healthier direction. Do I get the call of the wild once in a while. Heck yes. I even answer it sometimes. But not making it a lifestyle.

Hear, hear! I'm old, I made mistakes. I try to make as few as possible now. I'm a,weightlifter, though I don't compete anymore, I try to stay at world record levels. The last few years have been tough. I have very little "extra" anymore. What you do today, WILL affect you.
I will hop on the wagon with you Roger.

Been making small improvements this week already.
One other thing while I do drink a lot of beer, I seldom drink liquor. That bottle of turkey had been sitting for months. I feel good this morning fixing to take off to Alice tx and try and finish up that shower by Tuesday.

Live over towards Premont.
I'm a snowbird.
Beer or liquor, all the same. Alcohol is alcohol.
Liquor is too expensive. Beer sets off my gout!
Now, about 3 to 6 ounces of a dark red wine just before bed is different 😉!
Don’t know you Roger? but wishing you the best. Those are some right high #’s, intake wise along with BP #’ s.

I quit cold turkey goiing on 4 years ago now. I was a 4 to 8 bottle a day Sam Adams man. Probably 5 days out of 7. BP around 140-145/ 85-91. Doc says That’s a concern and ask could I quit for 2 weeks. I said sure, I’ll just quit forever. So I did. I was 54 @ the time 5’7” and 185 , still 5’7” But run around 170 now. BP runs around 115-120 / 72/78 Feel WAY better too.

I will say that I truly don’t miss it and life is a lot simpler without the booze. Oh and I’m a Navy veteran, I KNOW how to consume alcohol.

Good luck in whatever you do.
I had to quit drinking beer a few months ago it didn't agree with my joints. All micro brew stuff. Recently tried some Miller high Life and no problems. I limit myself to one or maybe two if I have an outdoor fire, and do drink whiskey now and then, but not often. My problem is rich food. But what you're doing Roger is alcoholism territory. Seems like you're in denial. That volume of drinking isn't what most sane people would call healthy or sustainable. I think you're gunna get a wakeup call and it ain't gunna be pretty. If you live through it, you'll be changing your ways then, if you're smart. .
Posted By: J4Me Re: Going on the wagon monday. - 01/15/22
You're killing yourself.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

This right here is concerning. It could have a snowball effect. Then what?
Posted By: Huntz Re: Going on the wagon monday. - 01/15/22
I watched my Old Man drink himself into the grave,was not a purty sight.That`s why I quit drinking when I was 40 years old.I could see my self heading in the same direction.Of course I am not you and you do what you got to do.
Originally Posted by Featherweight6555
Don’t know you Roger? but wishing you the best. Those are some right high #’s, intake wise along with BP #’ s.

I quit cold turkey goiing on 4 years ago now. I was a 4 to 8 bottle a day Sam Adams man. Probably 5 days out of 7. BP around 140-145/ 85-91. Doc says That’s a concern and ask could I quit for 2 weeks. I said sure, I’ll just quit forever. So I did. I was 54 @ the time 5’7” and 185 , still 5’7” But run around 170 now. BP runs around 115-120 / 72/78 Feel WAY better too.

I will say that I truly don’t miss it and life is a lot simpler without the booze. Oh and I’m a Navy veteran, I KNOW how to consume alcohol.

Good luck in whatever you do.

This was my experience as well. I didn't drink a lot, but I sleep better, feel better, and have an easier time being "not fat" without alcohol.

I had one beer last year with backstrap deer camp dinner.
Originally Posted by smokepole

Hope I don't have to give my Beaver Award back.

That right there is a man with his priorities straight!!!!
Originally Posted by goalie

That right there is a man with his priorities straight!!!!

That's right.

I have built such a tolerance to alcohol that it's not pleasant anymore.

Going to cut back some so that when I do want to get drunk.....it doesn't take so much.

And yes...getting drunk is important. Its how I release stress.

Da booze ain't working no more!
Short term thinking hasn’t done nothin for nobody never…
Originally Posted by PintsofCraft

Says a guy named Pints of Craft! LOL
Do drink too much about 19 beers and 3/4 bottle of turkey 101 since 1:30 this morning and barely got a buzz.

Convert the booze into dollars X 365…
I don’t drink anymore but I’d guess maybe $30.00?
Over $10k
Thread title kinda tells it all…you KNOW you need to quit, but it can wait till monday….
You might also want to check with a doctor first… if the amount of booze you mentioned is a regular thing, you might need some tranquilizers to keep from having seizures if you quit….
Originally Posted by PintsofCraft

Says a guy named Pints of Craft! LOL

Yep. But not ironic like you think it might be.

Best wishes for the OP. Hope things line up for you.
You gots to do what you gots to do, your life - your choices.

If you'll allow a stranger some casual musings in the event you get a little stroke-y.

Can't imagine your younger side pieces are gonna have much use for a limp dick and spoon feeding date night.

Sounds like your ol' lady might just get a wild hair and put a pillow over your face.

Better hope you stroke hard the first time, one and done. Lingering wont agree with you.

...Or, get it under control and be done worrying about it. Obvious it weighs on you over the past several years.
I never imagined life without drinking but stopped in 2006 and smoked my last cigar December 2019
At 66 years old I feel good and shoot a lot of traditional archery
and that gives me a good upper body workout, also ride my bicycle at least 200 miles a month ....good luck on your endeavor it will be difficult but it can be done.

We lose jackmountain to the dry tank too, and this place will suck!

😝🦫
Posted By: Mike78 Re: Going on the wagon monday. - 01/15/22
Old age, diapers and Alzheimer's shouldn't be a goal.
Originally Posted by hillestadj

If you'll allow a stranger some casual musings in the event you get a little stroke-y.

Can't imagine your younger side pieces are gonna have much use for a limp dick and spoon feeding date night.

Sounds like your ol' lady might just get a wild hair and put a pillow over your face.

Better hope you stroke hard the first time, one and done. Lingering wont agree with you.

...Or, get it under control and be done worrying about it. Obvious it weighs on you over the past several years.

That about sums it up for Rog.

You’d make an excellent Life Coach.

🥴🦫
Posted By: rem141r Re: Going on the wagon monday. - 01/15/22

19 beers and 3/4 bottle of turkey 101 since 1:30 this morning and barely got a buzz.

i'm sure the headache has nothing to do with that. lol

if i drank that much T101, i'd be at the funeral home about now.
Posted By: rong Re: Going on the wagon monday. - 01/15/22
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
Thread title kinda tells it all…you KNOW you need to quit, but it can wait till monday….

I guess that was my point in asking,why Monday.

While I'm no one to tell/ask anyone to change a lifestyle.
Nice thing about cutting back is you can still enjoy some on occasion,if the Dr. says stop you don't have the option. (Or worse)
Best of luck.
Posted By: RUM7 Re: Going on the wagon monday. - 01/15/22
We are all gonna die. You could get all dried out and healthy then get hit by a beer truck.

Best to know where you are going and live a life that you can look back on and be proud of. If that Involves laying off the booze and dropping some Lbs, then good for you.
Originally Posted by RUM7
We are all gonna die. You could get all dried out and healthy then get hit by a beer truck.

Best to know where you are going and live a life that you can look back on and be proud of. If that Involves laying off the booze and dropping some Lbs, then good for you.

Whoa, whoa WHOA!!!!

No being reasonable on the fire!!!!!

Whoa, whoa WHOA!!!!

No being reasonable on the fire!!!!!

Crazy talk ^^^^
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Going on the wagon monday. - 01/15/22
Damn Rog, I ain't had a day like that (without the BP issue) since '87 or so. I still remember it.

Taper off.

and good luck.

Now my BP and heart issues are age and genetic related and probably an extra 15 lbs or so.
I say cut out the turkey and you good to go
Blood pressure like that should be your wake up call to do some major lifestyle changes starting with significantly reducing alcohol intake and paying attention to your diet. Failing to do so risks having a stroke or a coronary in the very near future.

But, actually, this touches on something for me. I still have an occasional cigar. Golfing. At the lake. I enjoy them, and, considering the oil well fire exposure I had, occasional cigars are not something I'm going to be concerned about.

The goal isn't to live the longest and hate every minute of it. At least that's not my goal.

I simply feel better, and am able to do more stuff I enjoy if I'm in shape.
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Blood pressure like that should be your wake up call to do some major lifestyle changes starting with significantly reducing alcohol intake and paying attention to your diet. Failing to do so risks having a stroke or a coronary in the very near future.

I say do what you enjoy.
Posted By: 450BM Re: Going on the wagon monday. - 01/15/22

Read the book titled “Wheat Belly” by Dr. William Davis. Get rid of the wheat in your diet and you will lose weight. It’s not easy as wheat is in everything but if you can a least eliminate some, it will help. Good luck in whatever you do.
Originally Posted by JimmyGrace
You wimped out leaving a quarter of that bottle of Turkey not drunk. And only 19 beers, one shy of 20? Should’ve drank the whole bottle of whiskey and a full case of beer, or kept quiet about it all.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by 450BM

Read the book titled “Wheat Belly” by Dr. William Davis. Get rid of the wheat in your diet and you will lose weight. It’s not easy as wheat is in everything but if you can a least eliminate some, it will help. Good luck in whatever you do.

Jeezus...another one.
Never known anyone to enjoy a coronary or a stroke.

Never known anyone to enjoy Alzheimer's, crapping themselves and outliving family. No offense intended.
Originally Posted by Mike78

Never known anyone to enjoy Alzheimer's, crapping themselves and outliving family. No offense intended.

I'll take a coronary over that.
Watched my grandpa make 97. No thank you.

I'll take a coronary over that.
Watched my grandpa make 97. No thank you.

Yes sir. Men die of heart attacks by the time they are 65.
Posted By: GeoW Re: Going on the wagon monday. - 01/15/22
Roger, You know the drill..

The logical fallacy of the false dichotomy.

It isn't either or. Doing stuff to ensure you are fit and in shape to do the activities you love doesn't mean you will die at 97 of Alzheimer's.

Cool, here working on this shower, feel good today with this cool-weather even though I only slept two hours.

Cool, here working on this shower, feel good today with this cool-weather even though I only slept two hours.
I had to quit drinking beer a few months ago it didn't agree with my joints. All micro brew stuff. Recently tried some Miller high Life and no problems. I limit myself to one or maybe two if I have an outdoor fire, and do drink whiskey now and then, but not often. My problem is rich food. But what you're doing Roger is alcoholism territory. Seems like you're in denial. That volume of drinking isn't what most sane people would call healthy or sustainable. I think you're gunna get a wakeup call and it ain't gunna be pretty. If you live through it, you'll be changing your ways then, if you're smart. .

no i know it, runs in my family. I quit for twenty yrs while my kids were growing up, i'll do it again for health reasons now. Have already done it once so know i can again. hell I quit a 3 pack a day cigarette habit cold turkey when i stopped drinking back then at the same time.
Originally Posted by JimmyGrace
You wimped out leaving a quarter of that bottle of Turkey not drunk. And only 19 beers, one shy of 20? Should’ve drank the whole bottle of whiskey and a full case of beer, or kept quiet about it all.

That was all that was in the bottle, I only drank it so it wouldn't be around to tempt me.
Always be honest if you have a drinking problem and you go into the hospital. My father in law drank around a 5th a day and mixed a little soda in it. Went into the hospital for congestive heart failure and didn’t tell them anything about drinking daily and he died. Doctor told the family after it was over with that if they would of gave him a drug for withdrawals he would still be alive. He drank Canadian Mist!!! They should of put some of that in is IV!!
June B day 58 yr old bro...

Cut back some on the happy juice man.

It's an option.
Cutting back.
If your tolerance to the happy juice is getting up their like you mentioned.

= issues man...

Aint being a dick or trying ta hem ya up, or stand on some higher ground bullschitt...
BTDT with da happy juice.
Aint gotta quit man.
Scale back...
Friday nights. Saturday nights.
Get a buzz.
Ride out the other days.
You will lose some weight I bet.

Ran with the best in the contest on this rock long ago in a galaxy far far away.
Put people to shame.
Lotta money down the toliet bowl.
Literally....

I shouldn't be " preaching" to another member when I,m smoking a pack a day and sometimes more each day myself.

Do drink too much about 19 beers and 3/4 bottle of turkey 101 since 1:30 this morning and barely got a buzz.

Jeezus! That's more than I have drank in two years combined. Stop drinking, join a gym...

There goes the economy!
Posted By: Steve Re: Going on the wagon monday. - 01/15/22
Originally Posted by Sycamore

There goes the economy!

Ha! laugh
Roger, good luck, you know what you need to do and you have a plan.

You can tell a lot of people here care about you and would hate to see anything bad happen.

Sycamore

is that the Rio Grande?

The logical fallacy of the false dichotomy.

It isn't either or. Doing stuff to ensure you are fit and in shape to do the activities you love doesn't mean you will die at 97 of Alzheimer's.

It doesn't mean you won't, either. The point being, do what makes you happy.
Alcoholism
Definition

Alcoholism or alcohol dependence is defined by the American Medical Association (AMA) as "a primary, chronic disease with genetic, psychosocial, and environmental factors influencing its development and manifestations."
Description

Alcoholism is characterized by:
a prolonged period of frequent, heavy alcohol use.

the inability to control drinking once it has begun.

physical dependence manifested by withdrawal symptoms when the individual stops using alcohol.

tolerance, or the need to use more and more alcohol to achieve the same effects.

a variety of social and/or legal problems arising from alcohol use.

The effects of alcoholism are far reaching. Alcohol affects every body system, causing a wide range of health problems. Problems include poor nutrition, memory disorders, difficulty with balance and walking, liver disease (including cirrhosis and hepatitis), high blood pressure, muscle weakness (including the heart), heart rhythm disturbances, anemia, clotting disorders, decreased immunity to infections, gastrointestinal inflammation and irritation, acute and chronic problems with the pancreas, low blood sugar, high blood fat content, interference with reproductive fertility, increased risk of cancer of the liver, esophagus, and breast, weakened bones, sleep disturbances, anxiety, and depression. About 20% of adults admitted to the hospital (for any reason) are alcohol dependent. Men are more than twice as likely to be alcohol dependent than women, and smokers who are alcohol dependent are much more likely to develop serious or fatal health problems associated with alcoholism.
On a personal level, alcoholism, in many cases, leads to difficulties in marital and other relationships, domestic violence, child abuse or neglect, difficulty finding or keeping a job, impaired school or work performance, homelessness, and legal problems such as driving while intoxicated (DUI).
According to information derived from the United States National Longitudinal Alcohol Epidemiologic Study released in 2006, about 8% of American adults are dependent on alcohol (estimates range from 5-10%). About 34% of adult Americans do not use alcohol at all. Another 44% are occasional or non-dependent users. Alcohol is the third leading cause of preventable death in the United States (smoking and obesity rank first and second) and is responsible for about 85,000 deaths annually, about half from injury and half from disease. Alcoholism is involved in about 30% of homicides and 22% of suicides. It is the cause of about 20% of fatal motor vehicle accidents and is a contributing factor in between one-third and one-half of all vehicular accidents. Alcoholism costs the United States about $185 billion annually in costs related to violence, traffic accidents, lost work productivity, and direct medical expenses. The National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism estimates that at least 6.6 million children under age 18 live in households with at least one alcoholic parent and that before age 18 about 25% of children are exposed to family alcohol dependency or alcohol abuse.
Originally Posted by kingston

is that the Rio Grande?

We were staying in the hill country near Concan, but hunted around Uvalde and south of San Antonio.
Originally Posted by Mr_TooDogs
Alcoholism
Definition

Alcoholism or alcohol dependence is defined by the American Medical Association (AMA) as "a primary, chronic disease with genetic, psychosocial, and environmental factors influencing its development and manifestations."
Description

Alcoholism is characterized by:
a prolonged period of frequent, heavy alcohol use.

the inability to control drinking once it has begun.

physical dependence manifested by withdrawal symptoms when the individual stops using alcohol.

tolerance, or the need to use more and more alcohol to achieve the same effects.

a variety of social and/or legal problems arising from alcohol use.

The effects of alcoholism are far reaching. Alcohol affects every body system, causing a wide range of health problems. Problems include poor nutrition, memory disorders, difficulty with balance and walking, liver disease (including cirrhosis and hepatitis), high blood pressure, muscle weakness (including the heart), heart rhythm disturbances, anemia, clotting disorders, decreased immunity to infections, gastrointestinal inflammation and irritation, acute and chronic problems with the pancreas, low blood sugar, high blood fat content, interference with reproductive fertility, increased risk of cancer of the liver, esophagus, and breast, weakened bones, sleep disturbances, anxiety, and depression. About 20% of adults admitted to the hospital (for any reason) are alcohol dependent. Men are more than twice as likely to be alcohol dependent than women, and smokers who are alcohol dependent are much more likely to develop serious or fatal health problems associated with alcoholism.
On a personal level, alcoholism, in many cases, leads to difficulties in marital and other relationships, domestic violence, child abuse or neglect, difficulty finding or keeping a job, impaired school or work performance, homelessness, and legal problems such as driving while intoxicated (DUI).
According to information derived from the United States National Longitudinal Alcohol Epidemiologic Study released in 2006, about 8% of American adults are dependent on alcohol (estimates range from 5-10%). About 34% of adult Americans do not use alcohol at all. Another 44% are occasional or non-dependent users. Alcohol is the third leading cause of preventable death in the United States (smoking and obesity rank first and second) and is responsible for about 85,000 deaths annually, about half from injury and half from disease. Alcoholism is involved in about 30% of homicides and 22% of suicides. It is the cause of about 20% of fatal motor vehicle accidents and is a contributing factor in between one-third and one-half of all vehicular accidents. Alcoholism costs the United States about $185 billion annually in costs related to violence, traffic accidents, lost work productivity, and direct medical expenses. The National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism estimates that at least 6.6 million children under age 18 live in households with at least one alcoholic parent and that before age 18 about 25% of children are exposed to family alcohol dependency or alcohol abuse.

And yet, liberalism isn't defined as a disease.
...considering the oil well fire exposure I had...

Is this what happened to your eyebrows?
Originally Posted by Sycamore

There goes the economy!

Time to short the brewer and distiller stocks.

That hurts man. That hurts.....
That was all that was in the bottle, I only drank it so it wouldn't be around to tempt me.

TFF
Posted By: poboy Re: Going on the wagon monday. - 01/15/22
The house they stayed at is the Reagan Wells area.

That hurts man. That hurts.....

Supervillains aren't born, they're made.
I went on the wagon on monday, been drinking too much for about five years, had quit for four years prior and thought i could hndle having a few hear and there, a few turned into 6-15 beers a day and 3 bottles of bourbon/vodka a week. Been dry 5 days, first 4 sucked terribly, about every withdrawl sympton you can have, today I feel much better, not sure if I will ever fall back, just have to change some of my old patterns.
Originally Posted by mathman
Hard livin.

Is that a lot? LMAO
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Going on the wagon monday. - 01/15/22
Alcohol consumption seems to become self limiting with age.

More than enough to produce a slight buzz beats me up pretty good these days. I had a little too much about a week ago and have had no desire to have any since then. (That Loco purple drank is some serious stuff. Tastes like a Grape Nehi but will kick you in the ass)

I probably will again someday. But the time in between keeps getting longer and longer.
Damn Roger. Hope ya get to feeling better soon.
Take care.
303, look at it this way. You can drink tomorrow if you want, just not today. Then tomorrow becomes today. Repeat. Small periods of time (today) are manageable.
Course, stx didn't say *which* monday......

is that the Rio Grande?

We were staying in the hill country near Concan, but hunted around Uvalde and south of San Antonio.

My gosh that was a good time 😎 Thanks for posting it.

If I didn’t have that many misses with that 20ga flintlock fowler it’s because it took so long to reload 🙂 Finally caught that whitewing going away; no lead necessary. 80gr FFg, 1 1/2oz of no.7, prob’ly enough to drop a charging grizzly 🙂

Take care of yourself Rog, we need you to be around.
You were dove hunting with a 20 gauge flintlock?

That's either bad-ass, masochistic, or both.

I prefer the first descriptor of course.

When I had that gun made I ordered the Chambers Colonial Virginia lock because it was bigger and took a 1” flint, ergo intrinsically more reliable. Which it is, but it turns out bigger flintlocks are also intrinsically slower, the flint describing a longer arc. Didn’t help any in that application. Besides all that I’m a mediocre wing shot at best 🙂
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

When I had that gun made I ordered the Chambers Colonial Virginia lock because it was bigger and took a 1” flint, ergo intrinsically more reliable. Which it is, but it turns out bigger flintlocks are also intrinsically slower, the flint describing a longer arc. Didn’t help any in that application. Besides all that I’m a mediocre wing shot at best 🙂

That's awesome.

TFF

Laughing. 😂
Posted By: Jeff_O Re: Going on the wagon monday. - 01/15/22
I quit drinkin’ 2 years ago. Do it, and don’t look back. Quitting drinking is like finding the fountain of youth.

If you drink in part to address anxiety and/or stress, consider trying a CBD product. It’s legal, it’s not toxic, and it works.
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by mathman
Hard livin.

Is that a lot? LMAO

Only if you're buyin.
Posted By: 450BM Re: Going on the wagon monday. - 01/15/22
Originally Posted by 450BM

Jeezus...another one.

I’m new here… What’s your point?
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by hillestadj

That about sums it up for Rog.

You’d make an excellent Life Coach.

🥴🦫

Obvi

Originally Posted by Jeff_O
I quit drinkin’ 2 years ago. Do it, and don’t look back. Quitting drinking is like finding the fountain of youth.

If you drink in part to address anxiety and/or stress, consider trying a CBD product. It’s legal, it’s not toxic, and it works.

I drink beer because I like it, no other reason.
Posted By: Jeff_O Re: Going on the wagon monday. - 01/15/22
I won’t say otherwise. In fact that’s what I would’ve said. When I quit, I realized there was more to it- but that’s me.

Good health to ya, and I’m not kidding, the positive health benefits are really noticeable. Also not kidding about the CBD. Good luck! 👍

That's awesome.

Yep. Very Cool Mike !

Nobody gives a shît about your opinions.
Jeff o is the biggest pussy available.
Prime example of FAS.
Posted By: hanco Re: Going on the wagon monday. - 01/16/22
I’m gonna stop drinking after 2:00 AM tonight.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

That's awesome.

Yep. Very Cool Mike !

As you’d expect, there’s a handful of fanatics out there who are pretty good wingshots with their flintlocks, one of whom sent me a handmade shot flask and measure free of charge.

However I don’t believe wingshooting was really widespread before the arrival of the percussion cap speeded up ignition, the Scottish Rev. Forsyth who came up with the concept around 1815 (??) did so because the sitting ducks he was shooting at dove underwater at the flash in the pan.

I think shooting at flying ducks came later, certainly it was waterfowl and other bird hunters who were most responsible for the first introduction of the percussion system in North America.
I quit drinking when i found out that the wife was pregnant back in 77.

It was not as hard as i thought it would be but my drink was Beefeaters Gin.

Started off at 1 bottle on weekends then at the end did 4 a week.

I did miss it but nowadays it would just get in the way.

Hope you get the weight loss done and get back on the good side of the numbers.

That's awesome.

I'd love to hunt with a flintlock.

Same here starting Monday. After about 4 months of success hit a brick wall on progress for the last few weeks. So I took a week off to hopefully wake up the metabolism and back on the wagon next week. I hate those carb withdrawal symptoms though.
Speaking of flintlock....

Found this today, not mine.

Roger, you copy?

lol

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
One drug I rep is for heart failure, the other is for ASCVD (high LDL), so I might know more than some about high blood pressure and heart disease.

I hope you’re just messing with us about your numbers in the first post.

If you’re not, and you don’t make some major changes ASAP, odds are high that you won’t be around long.
Originally Posted by SamOlson

Roger, you copy?

lol

Lol…
Cmon samO! A do it all ranch dude cheatin with pre rolls???
Is that some kind of test strip?
Roger lit up like a christmas tree right now, chasing that 20 year old tail.
I never met a drunk yet who WASN'T going on the wagon, Monday, next week, on my birthday, the first of the year...
Like I said man, that chit ain't mine!
Get ya a good case of the rona.

I lost 10 or 12 pounds in less than a week and hardly drank for near two!
I drank a chitload of Cayman Jacks when I had Covid.
Cayman Jack Moscow Mule is where it’s at!
I just polished off a bottle of Dickel Rye.

Apparently trying to make up for lost time?
Those and the Mojito!
I'm drunk and candid.

Like I said that joint ain't mine.
(lol)

We could probably all slow down a little.

But we don't have kids, and can do as we please. And still get chit done 7 days a week.

That said energy and ambition are higher after no boozing for a day or two.

It ain't the years, it's the miles.

Posted By: RUM7 Re: Going on the wagon monday. - 01/16/22

It ain't the years, it's the miles.

No scheit! Just ask Jenna Jameson
Smoking a puff of weed or two is likely a hell of a lot better for you than sucking down a bottle rye.

I just don’t enjoy hanging out in the shop blaring DAC near as much with out a cocktail. Lol.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Going on the wagon monday. - 01/16/22
Is that some kind of test strip?

laugh

Tests your melloness!
In 2014 my bp was way too high for me to mention. Tiny pill and a moderate weight loss took care of that and still here (still too fat) and happy. If you haven't had your bp checked get it done if not for you but for your loved ones. I could tell you stories about guys in their 40s who died of strokes. Strong, seemingly healthful men.

Roger, you copy?

lol

Damn, that's quite the package for one doob.
Originally Posted by kolofardos

I was thinking the same thing.

You’re an idiot.
I've tried to jump on the wagon but haven't yet landed.
Posted By: broomd Re: Going on the wagon monday. - 01/16/22
Hard livin.

Damn, that's a time bomb for your liver as well.
Pulling for you with the dry-out....

Originally Posted by J4Me
You're killing yourself.

This^^^^^

Have you fired one?

Lots of people do, For example I dunno if Pa still has their statewide flintlock-only deer season. That Fowler was my first flinter, before that flintlocks seemed like a sort of voodoo, now I appreciate the simplicity of them
Hard livin.

Actually the opposite , I don't work as hard as I used to.

I’m finding age is a thing that creeps up on you slowly and a battle we all ultimately lose, or so I’m told.

I’m in the next decade ahead of you Roger, all I can tell you is you need to take measures to keep what you presently have physically as long as you can, ‘cause when you get into your 60’s it sure as heck ain’t gonna get any easier.
I do hope you get this mess under control Roger. One day at a time.

Have you fired one?

Lots of people do, For example I dunno if Pa still has their statewide flintlock-only deer season. That Fowler was my first flinter, before that flintlocks seemed like a sort of voodoo, now I appreciate the simplicity of them

Nope, never have.
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Smoking a puff of weed or two is likely a hell of a lot better for you than sucking down a bottle rye.

I just don’t enjoy hanging out in the shop blaring DAC near as much with out a cocktail. Lol.

My man!
Posted By: 673 Re: Going on the wagon monday. - 01/16/22

Roger, you copy?

lol

wtf is that, is that a joint?
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by MadMooner

My man!

What about both?
Posted By: Axtell Re: Going on the wagon monday. - 01/16/22

You may addicted to sugar, not alcohol.

If you reduce carbs to 5% or less of your calories you will know.
19 beers and 3/4 btl of whiskey? That’s Andre the Giant territory right there. You are probably in much poorer health than you think.
ATG drank 119 12-oz beers in six hours.
Originally Posted by Fubarski

Yeah…and he died at 46 of congestive heart failure…

Everbody knows his name.

He was over 500 lbs.
Posted By: hanco Re: Going on the wagon monday. - 01/16/22
Had a few Jack and cokes last night, hung over today.
Originally Posted by Timbermaster
19 beers and 3/4 btl of whiskey? That’s Andre the Giant territory right there. You are probably in much poorer health than you think.

got bloodwork done 6 months ago, everything is good, glucose is slightly elevated.
Originally Posted by hanco
Had a few Jack and cokes last night, hung over today.

Todays cure is tomorrows hangover
Originally Posted by 673

I guess so, new to me.

Buddy brought it over and i was thinking wtf?

It never left the plastic tube.

Speaking of hangovers, I just rolled outta bed.

Called in sick. Those cows can eat tomorrow...

got bloodwork done 6 months ago, everything is good, glucose is slightly elevated.

Thats good.
I'm amazed when I see middle aged people that aren't bothered by a hangover. Why would i purposely want to feel like schit on my day off? Go for a hike, join a gym, etc. If you're living the right lifestyle, alcohol doesn't work. I drank with the best of them in my 20's, but I grew out of it.
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
I'm amazed when I see middle aged people that aren't bothered by a hangover. Why would i purposely want to feel like schit on my day off? Go for a hike, join a gym, etc. If you're living the right lifestyle, alcohol doesn't work. I drank with the best of them in my 20's, but I grew out of it.

Professional drinkers have mild hangovers. I used to be one. Now, I drink very little at a time. Get buzzed but never drunk. I have a tremendous hangover now if I do get drunk. Not worth it.
Posted By: RJY66 Re: Going on the wagon monday. - 01/16/22
Originally Posted by Axtell

An anecdote along these lines. I had a relative that pickled his liver (cirrhosis) by drinking tons of beer for 40 or 50 years. His doctor made him quit. Up until that time he would tell you that he didn't care that much for sweets. After quitting the beer he started drinking fruit juice and slamming candy bars and sweets. His body was craving the carbs he was used to getting via the beer.
Posted By: RUM7 Re: Going on the wagon monday. - 01/16/22
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223

Professional drinkers have mild hangovers. I used to be one. Now, I drink very little at a time. Get buzzed but never drunk. I have a tremendous hangover now if I do get drunk. Not worth it.

Sheesh, I get hungover if a get buzzed at all nowadays.
Out of practice, that's for sure.
last January had to get a new doctor, got a phone call from his nurse that he was changing my BP meds. In about a week I stated have bad headaches, got appointment with my new doctors PA and when checking in my BP was 280 over 175. PA want to call a ambulance and have me takin to the ER, the doctor told the PA to just give me a Rx of hydralazine and send me home. left the office and drove myself to the ER which I caught heck from the ER doctors. Was admitted and got it all straightened out, why my new doc changed my BP Rx to begin with is a is mystery. They did la work while at the ER and my kidney functions were low high so I got a kidney doctor and he adjusted my medication for my blood pressure and straightened it all out, it's now 120 over 78
Wagons are for quitters.
Roger,

My BP was up there with yours and I’ve worked hard to get it back in line. Thinking about a stroke was what got me going down that path. Dying is one thing, being a vegetable and being reliant on someone to do everything for you is another. Get help, Buddy!
Originally Posted by steveredd1
last January had to get a new doctor, got a phone call from his nurse that he was changing my BP meds. In about a week I stated have bad headaches, got appointment with my new doctors PA and when checking in my BP was 280 over 175. PA want to call a ambulance and have me takin to the ER, the doctor told the PA to just give me a Rx of hydralazine and send me home. left the office and drove myself to the ER which I caught heck from the ER doctors. Was admitted and got it all straightened out, why my new doc changed my BP Rx to begin with is a is mystery. They did la work while at the ER and my kidney functions were low high so I got a kidney doctor and he adjusted my medication for my blood pressure and straightened it all out, it's now 120 over 78
last dr I had put me on lisinopril. I had been taking clonidine and was working. I started coughing so bad on the lisinopril I strain the muscle in my lower abdomen. switched Dr's to one who would listen to me.
Good luck with whatever you do….
My goal this year is to get completely off nicotine, eat a little better and get off the blood pressure meds completely…. I’m just glad I no longer have that alcohol monkey on my back….
Originally Posted by 673

I guess so, new to me.

Weed was invented in BC, but I never seen a joint in a tube like that lol, gotta get out more I guess.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Going on the wagon monday. - 01/16/22
last dr I had put me on lisinopril. I had been taking clonidine and was working. I started coughing so bad on the lisinopril I strain the muscle in my lower abdomen. switched Dr's to one who would listen to me.

I've heard that Lisanopril made some people cough. I take one little BB sized pill of it every morning and it drops my blood pressure down to normal.

It's never caused me to cough.
Originally Posted by 673
Originally Posted by 673

I guess so, new to me.

Weed was invented in BC, but I never seen a joint in a tube like that lol, gotta get out more I guess.

For the record I made it to work. Don't need people thinking I'm a lazy stoner....lol

Current fun...

ACE inhibitors like lisinopril (they tend to end in “pril”) tend to cause a dry, annoying, low volume cough.

They call it the ACE cough. It’s really common.

P
Posted By: Diesel Re: Going on the wagon monday. - 01/16/22
Roger, I grew up around the bar business. Dad had two bars and several other businesses. One was a flooring business, mainly carpet and vinyl. I was a hard drinker in my younger days but grew tired of tough days and wasted time. Installed flooring 10 to 12 hours a day and closed out the rest of the day drinking in one of his bars or some other. Hard living as it were.

Dad was my hero and that is the life he led. So I naturally followed his path. He died at 57 after 10 years of heart attacks and bypasses. Drank to the bitter end. I saw what was happening to him long before it caught up with him and I made the changes.

All his friends lived that way and they all checked out early. Lived fast and hard, that's what you did . They were all good people. Worked hard and played hard. What I knew as real men. Most of my buddies played it pretty much the same way. It has caught every single one...sadly. I still drink now and again and I pay when I do. You get what I'm saying.

I know where you are at and know you know.
Originally Posted by Bristoe

I've heard that Lisanopril made some people cough. I take one little BB sized pill of it every morning and it drops my blood pressure down to normal.

It's never caused me to cough.

You're one of the lucky ones. Everyone I know with high BP, including myself, has gotten that awful cough from lisanopril. I almost passed out on the interstate coming home from work one day. That's when I got mine switched to losartan. No coughing with that.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Going on the wagon monday. - 01/17/22
Originally Posted by RJY66

An anecdote along these lines. I had a relative that pickled his liver (cirrhosis) by drinking tons of beer for 40 or 50 years. His doctor made him quit. Up until that time he would tell you that he didn't care that much for sweets. After quitting the beer he started drinking fruit juice and slamming candy bars and sweets. His body was craving the carbs he was used to getting via the beer.

Good chance he was like me as a kid, long before I started drinking.

Never diagnosed, as they didn't normally test kids for that kind of stuff, but looking back at the way I was in school and at home, I was likely borderline hypoglycemic way back then. I would get woozy and nearly fall out in church if I didn't get to eat before going. Still the same, have to eat something every 3-4 hours or I start to crash. Have to keep jerky, granola bars, fruit, or something around just in case. I'll turn into a tweaker almost, easily distracted, angry,etc. But, because when tested I come out right on the low normal level I just get told by the docs "Keep something around to eat"

Back when I was a beer drinker, the beer solved that issue.
Originally Posted by 673

I guess so, new to me.

Dang, did the plastic melt when you torched it?
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Going on the wagon monday. - 01/17/22
Originally Posted by 673
Originally Posted by 673

I guess so, new to me.

For the record I made it to work. Don't need people thinking I'm a lazy stoner....lol

Current fun...

Damn, son,

that doesn't look like fun to me.
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by RJY66

Good chance he was like me as a kid, long before I started drinking.

Never diagnosed, as they didn't normally test kids for that kind of stuff, but looking back at the way I was in school and at home, I was likely borderline hypoglycemic way back then. I would get woozy and nearly fall out in church if I didn't get to eat before going. Still the same, have to eat something every 3-4 hours or I start to crash. Have to keep jerky, granola bars, fruit, or something around just in case. I'll turn into a tweaker almost, easily distracted, angry,etc. But, because when tested I come out right on the low normal level I just get told by the docs "Keep something around to eat"

Back when I was a beer drinker, the beer solved that issue.

yup
© 24hourcampfire