Home
Both in Night of the Grizzly too!!!
If Clint walker had learned to control that temper, ain't nobody would have taken that knife away.
Originally Posted by 19352012
If Clint walker had learned to control that temper, ain't nobody would have taken that knife away.

Yep. Dirty Dozen.
Never knew that guy's name. He was in many Westerns.
My mother always used to laugh at Walker because in every TV episode he managed to take off his shirt and ripple his muscles. He was well built to be sure.

In that video, I think the setting predated that baled hay and the hay hook the other guy tried to use on him.
Originally Posted by poboy

Yes he was. He was also in an episode of The Andy Griffith Show, High Noon In Mayberry.
Who remember Leo Gordon in Tobruk?
In The Dirty Dozen, Walker didn't have a lot of lines but I did like his comment on his conviction for murder. The dead guy had been pushing him around and Posey hit him. When questioned he just said 'I only hit him once.'
Originally Posted by Mike78
Who remember Leo Gordon in Tobruk?

Leo Gordon wrote the screenplay for Tobruk. Also acted in it.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062377/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

L.W.
Clint Walker would have made a great Jack Reacher
Originally Posted by logger
Clint Walker would have made a great Jack Reacher

Lot better than little dickhead
First a broken window, then a broken flower pot,
Then the fence went down
Another broken window
Then the door was taken off the hinges
The porch post got taken out
And lastly the the bad guy poked a hole in his water barrel

I bet his homeowner's didn't cover any of that. shocked
Clint Walker had an interesting experience.

Leo Gordon also wrote several episodes of Bonanza...
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Clint Walker had an interesting experience.

Amazing story.
He was one of my favorite cowboys.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Yes he was. He was also in an episode of The Andy Griffith Show, High Noon In Mayberry.

The Andy Griffith were Barney and his “deputies” thought the guy was gonna kill Andy.

Only he was giving him a shotgun

😂😂
Leo Gordon was a good one too. Usually played a bad guy like in Hondo.
Bristoe;
Good afternoon to you sir, I hope you're getting the weather you need down in Kentucky and that all in your life who matter are well.

Thanks so much for that interesting and might I say thought provoking video.

I absolutely didn't know that about him.

Thanks again and all the best to you all Bristoe.

Dwayne
It took James Arness to take out Leo Gorden.
https://youtu.be/xMJw-D79P2E
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

The Andy Griffith were Barney and his “deputies” thought the guy was gonna kill Andy.

😂😂

Yep. Andy had shot him during a robbery attempt (the Gordon character apparently shot first), and he was arrested and sent to prison. His leg was never the same, but while there he learned a trade, and became a successful businessman. To thank Andy for ending his life of crime, he bought him an over-under shotgun. But his message to Andy was somewhat ambiguous, and Barney interpreted it to mean he was coming to shoot Andy for revenge.
Originally Posted by rainshot
Leo Gordon was a good one too. Usually played a bad guy like in Hondo.

Yeah, he had a knock down drag out with Wayne in that one, as I recall. Wayne had to eventually shoot him.
He served 5 years in San Quentin for armed robbery.He was discharged from the army as an undesirable.

He was a prolific author and screen writer.He wrote screenplay for The Cry Baby Killer and Tobruk . As a TV screenwriter he wrote nearly fifty scripts for Bonanza, Cheyenne, Maverick and Adam 12 and many more.

My uncle was a huge fan and as a result I've heard stories about Gordon most of my life.
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

😂😂

Yep. Andy had shot him during a robbery attempt (the Gordon character apparently shot first), and he was arrested and sent to prison. His leg was never the same, but while there he learned a trade, and became a successful businessman. To thank Andy for ending his life of crime, he bought him an over-under shotgun. But his message to Andy was somewhat ambiguous, and Barney interpreted it to mean he was coming to shoot Andy for revenge.

The shotgun gifted to Andy by Leo Gordon's character is actually a early Remington 1100.
© 24hourcampfire