Home
Posted By: ol_mike Ralph Emery has passed away. - 01/16/22
Rest in peace Ralph.

https://tulsaworld.com/news/article_a3d895eb-5fc6-5de6-b961-6fc4dd50bf35.html

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Ralph Emery, who became known as the dean of country music broadcasters over more than a half-century in both radio and television, died Saturday, his family said. He was 88.

Emery passed away peacefully of natural causes, surrounded by family, at Tristar Centennial Medical Center in Nashville, his son, Michael, told The Associated Press. He had been hospitalized for a week.

Beginning his career at small radio stations and then moving into television as well, Emery was probably best known for his work on the Nashville Network cable channel. From 1983 to 1993, he was host of the channel’s live talk-variety show “Nashville Now,” earning the title “the Johnny Carson of cable television” for his interviewing style. From 2007 to 2015, Emery hosted a weekly program on RFD-TV, a satellite and cable TV channel.

He was inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame in 2007.
Met him in Nashville on the Ralph Emery show with Shotgun Red. Was in the audience, for his show and he hung around after the show and talked to who ever went down to his stage. Nice guy. RIP Ralph
I watched him many a Saturday night on various country shows. Mostly in the 1970's and early 80's. Those were good times and Ralph was part of it.

kwg
I remember when TNN, Tennessee Nashville Network was good to watch, then it sold to some hippy schitbirds and wasn't worth a damn.

I think they named it The National Network, no more hunting/fishing shows, just a bunch of jive.
Posted By: KFWA Re: Ralph Emery has passed away. - 01/16/22
He would always volunteer to host our local telethon, did it for years. Good guy
I was on his show way back around 87 or 88. I won an archery tournament and was on his show to shoot against other winners.
I was on his show way back around 87 or 88. I won an archery tournament and was on his show to shoot against other winners.
RIP Ralph
Ralph Emery - The drugstore truck driving man
Rest in Peace Good Man!
Posted By: hanco Re: Ralph Emery has passed away. - 01/16/22
Rest in peace sir
RIP!

Good Guy!
Posted By: GeoW Re: Ralph Emery has passed away. - 01/16/22
RIP
RIP
Before i react....

Good guy or commie liberal?

I watched his show in the mornings before school with my mother. I was sorry to hear about him.
Channel4 WSMV
Good guy, or was in the 80s and 90s.
Posted By: HawkI Re: Ralph Emery has passed away. - 01/16/22
I sure miss the 1970's and 80's.

kwg
RIP Ralph
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]
R.I.P. Ralph.
I thought sumthin’ musta happened. My hairspray stock just took a nosedive. RIP.
Carol and I used to watch his show on Nashville Network way back when country music was still Country Music!
Most recognize Ralph as a talk show host, but he did do some singing of his own.
The title of this is “Hello Fool”, an an answer to Faron Young’s “Hello walls”.
RIP
7mm

Always liked him. Seemed like a good guy.
RIP Ralph.
Nashville Now was a pretty good show, long before Country music turned into the she-it fest it is now.

Ralph's show is where I first saw/heard the angelic Alison Krauss
© 24hourcampfire