Home
Posted By: BigDave39355 Flurries this morning. - 01/16/22
Not too common for us.

Cold. Windy out the north. And flurries.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Prepared for it though.

Heater. ✔️
Snacks ✔️
Posted By: auk1124 Re: Flurries this morning. - 01/16/22
We made Cole slaw for supper last night, and ran out of good mayonnaise. I had to run to Walgreen's to pick up a prescription before the snowpocalypse descended, and Hellman's was all they had.

So we are stuck with a six dollar jar of Hellman's through this terrible blizzard. Pray for us.
Posted By: Beoceorl Re: Flurries this morning. - 01/16/22
We're having snow showers here in North Alabama right now. The temps are going to be hovering around freezing +- a degree or tow, so accumulations are iffy.
Posted By: thumbcocker Re: Flurries this morning. - 01/16/22
8 degrees here in Pa. Pretty breezy too, no snow yet
Posted By: Teal Re: Flurries this morning. - 01/16/22
7° with -4° windchill here now.

Just got done shoveling.
Posted By: pullit Re: Flurries this morning. - 01/16/22
about an couple of inches of snow here, supposed to quit by noon
Posted By: rong Re: Flurries this morning. - 01/16/22
we're supposed to get a good blast this afternnon.12-18" now.
Yesterday it was 8-12" so they changed it a little.
5* right now.
Posted By: 673 Re: Flurries this morning. - 01/16/22
You guys gonna be ok down there? laugh
Originally Posted by 673
You guys gonna be ok down there? laugh

Haha.

No accumulation.
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Flurries this morning. - 01/16/22
We got a dusting last night, but it's gone this morning.
Posted By: strikeu Re: Flurries this morning. - 01/16/22
snowing in central Alabama. I'm going back to bed.
Posted By: Houser52 Re: Flurries this morning. - 01/16/22
Here in NC, just a little east of the foothills, it's 23°, wind blowing 15 mph with sleet and snow. We have about 4" on the ground so far. It's supposed to be this way all day.

I fed extra hay to the cows yesterday so I didn't have to get out in this mess and glad I did.
Posted By: 673 Re: Flurries this morning. - 01/16/22
I used to see People leave here, head to Arizona/Florida in the fall and come back in the spring, wondering why they didn't like the snow.
Now my knee's are done, hands don't open without assistance first thing in the morning, I know why.
Posted By: MarkWV Re: Flurries this morning. - 01/16/22
Snowing here now, roads are covered, have the heater turned on in the garage so I can hang out there today. Mississippi Pot Roast cooking in the Crock Pot.

Waiting on the wind that’s suppose to follow this storm.
Posted By: Bobcat85 Re: Flurries this morning. - 01/16/22
Originally Posted by Houser52
Here in NC, just a little east of the foothills, it's 23°, wind blowing 15 mph with sleet and snow. We have about 4" on the ground so far. It's supposed to be this way all day.

I fed extra hay to the cows yesterday so I didn't have to get out in this mess and glad I did.

Same here. We're about 5 miles south of South Mountain. Wind is brutal but its keeping stuff off trees and power lines which is good. May get out in it after while and have some fun on the 4 wheeler...just because you're 64 dont mean you have to act like it....especially since we've not had much snow lately. Little Lady made a huge chicken pie yesterday so our menu is set for today!
Posted By: navlav8r Re: Flurries this morning. - 01/16/22
1 1/2” - 2” but the roads that I can see are clear. Should be interesting hunting this afternoon.
I`m near the coast,had freezing rain before day now just cold rain supposed to last most of the day
Posted By: saddlesore Re: Flurries this morning. - 01/16/22
We had 6-8 " here at7650 ft.
Posted By: auk1124 Re: Flurries this morning. - 01/16/22
Originally Posted by 673
I used to see People leave here, head to Arizona/Florida in the fall and come back in the spring, wondering why they didn't like the snow.
Now my knee's are done, hands don't open without assistance first thing in the morning, I know why.

Same. I can remember loving the big winters we got here in the 70s as a kid. Now, it gets below freezing and my right hip quits working. Lol
Posted By: Riverc Re: Flurries this morning. - 01/16/22
No snow down my way it was 33 at 5 am and 15-20 mph winds. Going to the deer stand at 2 maybe they will move later.
Deer are moving.

I’ve seen a bunch of does, yearlings and small bucks.

Stuff like……

© 24hourcampfire