Home
Just returned home after a quick run to the Giant. I went to pick up a couple items found about half of what I was looking for. Canned tomatoes, mixed vegies, chicken and the meat counter was pretty well picked over. I met up with the meat manager at a league trap shoot earlier today he tells me he is getting about half what he orders and deliveries are spotty. According to him they are short truck drivers. Might be a good idea to have a full freezer and a stocked pantry.
FJB
Originally Posted by Pashooter
Just returned home after a quick run to the Giant. I went to pick up a couple items found about half of what I was looking for. Canned tomatoes, mixed vegies, chicken and the meat counter was pretty well picked over. I met up with the meat manager at a league trap shoot earlier today he tells me he is getting about half what he orders and deliveries are spotty. According to him they are short truck drivers. Might be a good idea to have a full freezer and a stocked pantry.

Yessir
Was at a Walmart Wednesday night to pick up a prescription and a few groceries. The shelves were pretty picked over and devoid of name brand products. The store brand items I purchased really tasted like crap. Dave
Plenty of Biden Bologna in the Food Lion deli... but I ain't buying none...
We started making a loaf of sourdough bread every few days. Takes 3 cups of flour and some water and 10 minutes in the kitchenaid.

Might be worth looking into.
Overstocked on all, got kids they will need it.
They musta fired that lady that stacks the spaghetti sauce on the shelves.
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Plenty of Biden Bologna in the Food Lion deli... but I ain't buying none...

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ŽπŸ˜Ž

Cmon man

Mgr Special

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Yall some high rollas πŸ˜ƒπŸ€£πŸ€£

Playa we fryn dis sheeit up jack

Originally Posted by slumlord

Woo-weee.

Lightnin bread and some fancy mustard

White bread, onion and hella mayo. All day
And cheese, of course

That thumb is screaming for a tan.
Originally Posted by ackleydave
Was at a Walmart Wednesday night to pick up a prescription and a few groceries. The shelves were pretty picked over and devoid of name brand products. The store brand items I purchased really tasted like crap. Dave

eat a lot of store brand items from Walmart. Have not tasted anything that would taste what I'd assume crap tastes like.

OTOH some people are pretty picky about what they eat.

I'd think it smarter if I cared, to worry about what I eat, rather than brand.
Pit that stuff on a grill and bbq it. That’s how we do it around here!
Our Wally World was out of just about all dairy products a couple days ago. It’s gonna get worse before it gets better. Edk
scored some sirlions on sale for $5.99 a pound at Kroger today.

I noticed at Meijer they are no longer selling the 8 packs of chicken thighs or the 4 packs of breasts, they half them in 4/2 now.
8 months supply of food here. Didn't you prep?
So far it has not been a problem to get anything that we want/need.

As for store brands some are darn good and a little cheaper that nat.brands.

Some folks must live in a bad place.
The only thing that has been spotty over the last three months has been breakfast sausage from the major brands. The local meat packer's supply remains in good shape.

The reason Walmart is "short truck drivers" is that the Walmart DC's are notorious (as are most other grocery DC's) for treating truckers like cattle and don't respect their time during deliveries. Waits of many hours are not uncommon. When you can gross $1,000-1,500 a day driving a truck, are you going to take a Walmart load and take a chance they make you sit for five hours?
We grow ours, garden, raise beef, chickens and a couple hogs a year. Got two ponds with fish, deer thick AF, small game too. We grind our own flour from wheat, oats. Meal from corn. All bought in big quantities from the Mormons every once in a while. Can get them off the shelf at a Mennonite grocery local if needed. Got us a jersey heifer this year, gotta get her bred and we are in the good stuff. Only stuff we buy in the store food wise is stuff we can only get there and like to have. We can cure and smoke meat, pickle stuff, make our own vinegar, dry meat, fruits, and veggies, got two freezers plumb full. If all that fails, we got the river ten minutes away, and three big lakes within an hour. Not to mention several spring fed ponds full of fish scattered around. We ain’t worried about hunger here. Nor being cold. Most neighbors are similar, if not quite as serious about it as we are. Lots of beef, most have chickens and a garden. A few raise pork as well. All hunt and shoot. Bad place for thieves and such to act out. Was just telling the wife tonight, seems like everyone around us either works, farms, or is retired from a job and still farming. Stores close, we will all pull together and we’ll get by.
Instead of Hoover Hogs, we'll have Biden Bologna.

Happy Days are Here Again

Someday, soon you will probably be lucky to get "store brands" and you will be hungry and enjoy them..... fuggin snob
Originally Posted by irfubar

Someday, soon you will probably be lucky to get "store brands" and you will be hungry and enjoy them..... fuggin snob

What is really really funny is that 90% of "Store Brands" are the EXACT SAME PRODUCT as the "Name Brand".

Wife orders bulk from Walmart for pickup all the time... OFTEN they are short on the "12 can ordered" and will substitute the "Name Brand"... IDENTICAL CAN... IDENTICAL LOCATION... IDENTICAL TASTE.
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by irfubar

What is really really funny is that 90% of "Store Brands" are the EXACT SAME PRODUCT as the "Name Brand".

Wife orders bulk from Walmart for pickup all the time... OFTEN they are short on the "12 can ordered" and will substitute the "Name Brand"... IDENTICAL CAN... IDENTICAL LOCATION... IDENTICAL TASTE.

Fools believe if they pay more, it must be better.... a fool and his money will soon part
© 24hourcampfire