Home
You guys doing alright? The weather channel has all ya all dead or dying.
Nothing here. Got a dusting last night but it was all gone by daylight.
About 4 to 5 inches of snow here in central NC . Now it’s got about 1/4 to 3/8 of ice on it . Power still on though. Generator gassed and ready if needed. Hopefully not needed.
Nashville and little bit south got it good. 6+

clarksville barely covered the grass blades. But it rained on top of the snow. Crunchy goodness.
Had a inch of wet snow this morning.
Been melting all day.
Cumberland plateau and east of it probably got some.

They always make it to be snowmageddon here.
And the weather panic alerts are sponsered by Kroger....
Flurries from about 5:30-7am.

Didn’t stick.

Snowpocalyse is adverted.
Ratings, ratings, ratings.

If you don't trust the news, why trust the weather guy?

His job isn't to inform you, that's a byproduct.
His job is to get ad revenue.
Relative near Asheville looked to have gotten near a foot.

Used his old 80s 4wd chebby truck to make a path for the neighbor lady to get up the hill. Her little AWD passenger car wouldn't push through the snow I guess.

Got videos of the kids having a blast, riding on dad's snowboard down their little street.
Looks like January. You can’t believe everything you see on the news.
About 4 inches here near Athens.

A heavy 6+ snow here with some snow still falling. Calling for winds 20-30mph, could be interesting for power tonight.
'What could be finer than to be in Caroliina in the morning'."
Nothing in the TN valley of N AL thank goodness. Just a cold rain to drink and crack in front of a good fire to. 💪🏿
Arkansas got a sas of snow
Cut Southern folk some slack

We deal with groids so yall Salmon Idaho foucks can live in bliss
Lol
Not really all that far south, but here in north/central Kentucky we got a bit over and inch. The weather people have been warning us about it for days. It turned out to be fairly anti climatic.
None predicted for North Central Florida. I hear that it has snowed here before, in the historical record, but not in the 20 years I've lived here.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
None predicted for North Central Florida. I hear that it has snowed here before, in the historical record, but not in the 20 years I've lived here.

My mother broke her leg sledding in Tallahassee about 1960ish

Said they whole clan drove up from Clearwater to see the snow.
Originally Posted by slumlord

Nots t'mention alla that salty country ham too.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

My mother broke her leg sledding in Tallahassee about 1960ish

Said they whole clan drove up from Clearwater to see the snow.

Yep, I've met people here who say they remember waking up to a snow covered world.

We even, we get all the mescans that just want a better life. On government assistance. Thanks to brain dead idiots like JeffO
Originally Posted by SandBilly

We even, we get all the mescans that just want a better life. On government assistance. Thanks to brain dead idiots like JeffO

You and JeffO like that foosball

Yall should try to hook up and drink some sam adams punpkin ale.

🤮
About 8- 9 years ago, Ft. Walton Beach got a heckoffa snow/freeze, brackish bay water froze 100' into the bay. OLD timers said they'd never seen anything close to that cold spell down there.
Kids slipping and sliding around the bay edge.
Roads closed for two days.

🤮

Bitch, just because you have to listen on the radio doesn’t make you better. Lol
2” inches where I live was gone by 10:00 this morning!
A flake or two here, but mostly just a cold rain.

GreggH

🤮

Bitch, just because you have to listen on the radio doesn’t make you better. Lol

Fouck you fashion bug

🤣
We got about 6" here in Upstate, SC. Since we still have the Christmas lights up and my wife has Covid for the SECOND time, I plugged 'em all in for her. She loves Christmas and snow. I'm such a good husband.

Attached picture IMG_1056.jpg
About 2-3" accumulation here in CLT. Seems to have stopped for now. Don't know the temp but it's cold as a mother/father here on the back porch.
We’ve got about 6” here, with some of it being ice. I just got in from a marathon four wheeler ride. I had a blast, but dang I’m cold! Pot of chili is still on, so I’ll warm up quick. I heard that we are supposed to get more towards the end of the week.
How much in Atlanta.....hopefully 3’..
37* here now with a clear sky. Last snow we had was Christmas of 2005(?). Had a big freeze last year, though. Supposed to be sunny Monday.
They also said us not being jabbed would koll them. But I am still waiting..
Just south of Charlotte. Had maybe 1/4" freezing rain/ice. Little more ice on top of that. Then rain. Maybe another 1/2" of snow last night. 31 now, so probably frozen. Expect it will be gone by noon. Did have a bunch of tree branched come down. Will have to get them all picked up and trashed today.
Originally Posted by ronwethington
How much in Atlanta.....hopefully 3’..

Nah, mebbe an inch or two that stuck. I'm in the Roswell/Alpharetta area and the roads are totally clear except for patches of black ice.

There's still snow on the ground, but this particular snowmageddon was a nothingburger here.
We got about 3 inches but ice under it which is what we usually get (the ice part)
We got 5 inches in the NC mountains. Power didn't go out.
Just wind here... and the last of the MUDDERFUGGING DAMMED pecans falling... chit, here we go again... stay tuned for 50 more gallons.
The power was out for a couple days from ice breakin the trees, what did I miss?
Anybody heard from Tonga, I'm just wonderin if they all are sitting under a foot of ash........
We got about 3" at my house.

You are truly doing the Lord’s work.
About 9 inches total between 2 days here at the house.
That’s what she said 😂😂
Here comes the black ice. Everyone enjoys the white stuff but the party’s over when black ice shows up
Originally Posted by Lockhart
About 2-3" accumulation here in CLT. Seems to have stopped for now. Don't know the temp but it's cold as a mother/father here on the back porch.

You live in CLT ? I figured it would just be moist and warm !🤐
🤣🤣🤣🤣
I drove down the long, 1/2 mile long steep drive way today, with 4WD and studded snow tires, no problema.

Went down to the grocery store and it was open.
Coming back up in the blowing snow was a real bitch, barely made it, I all but slid over into the ditch. The ditch is 10 feet deep.I needed chains! I wish this stuff would melt.
Terrible winds here on the plateau around Lewisburg, Snowing now. I’d say 8-10” ( hard to judge with the wind) with drifts up to 24” or more. Road closure due to the drifts. This is farming and cattle country in WV. Fought this since yesterday. Not the worse snow I’ve seen but the wind is making it bad.
Originally Posted by Dukester
We got about 6" here in Upstate, SC. Since we still have the Christmas lights up and my wife has Covid for the SECOND time, I plugged 'em all in for her. She loves Christmas and snow. I'm such a good husband.

great pic!
No better entertainment than Hotlanta getting 3" of snow on I-75.
Our roads will be a mess in the morning with the hard freeze that is coming. It’s getting down to 16 degrees tonight. Pretty cold for these parts. I’ve got the wood stove jamming, so I’m good! smile
Originally Posted by MarkWV
Terrible winds here on the plateau around Lewisburg, Snowing now. I’d say 8-10” ( hard to judge with the wind) with drifts up to 24” or more. Road closure due to the drifts. This is farming and cattle country in WV. Fought this since yesterday. Not the worse snow I’ve seen but the wind is making it bad.

8”-10” here too. Wind made it worse. Pushed snow all day out of jobs so the guys could work tomorrow and out of properties we own. Wind blowing frozen snow/ice felt like a sand blaster on your face.
3rd snow in 2 weeks and calling for more end of this week. I’m ready for spring. I think I’ll like it a lot more after I retire.
Originally Posted by jackmountain

3rd snow in 2 weeks and calling for more end of this week. I’m ready for spring. I think I’ll like it a lot more after I retire.

Same for us J M. I still have a few years to work but I’m ready. Luckily, I had the day off. Not tomorrow.
Heard you can get all the snow you want in Miami
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
No better entertainment than Hotlanta getting 3" of snow on I-75.

Rented a car in Atlanta we drove it down to north Florida up to n Carolina poking around taking our time. Was pretty proud of myself for easy navigating with no issues then it snowed an inch the day I had to take it back. Hoe Lee Schit... I was laser focus trying to make those summer tires behave surrounded by a lot of people way out of their element. White nuckle trip till we finally made it the airport. Cars off the road everywhere. Damn!
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Damn global warming.
© 24hourcampfire