Home
Posted By: lubbockdave factory ammo - 01/18/22
any tips on where to find factory ammo these days? Seems like it is all out of stock place back order...
Posted By: viking Re: factory ammo - 01/18/22
That’s the $64 a box question of the day.

No, it’s coming back, but it’s expensive.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: factory ammo - 01/18/22
What caliber?

What type of ammo? Hunting ammo, or FMJ?

Pistol, rifle, or otherwise?
Posted By: Beoceorl Re: factory ammo - 01/18/22
Originally Posted by lubbockdave
any tips on where to find factory ammo these days? Seems like it is all out of stock place back order...

https://ammoseek.com/

https://www.ammoshoponline.com/

https://www.sigsauer.com/

https://www.cci-ammunition.com/home

https://www.sierrabullets.com/products/bullets/ammo/

https://www.midwayusa.com/ammunition/

https://www.natchezss.com/
Posted By: hotsoup Re: factory ammo - 01/18/22
My local walmart gets the standard stuff, in small quantities, about every week. 308win, 30-06, 270win, and good old 350 legend. Saw some 243win the other day. Corelokts, power points, and fed blue box. Forget all the other stuff. Ymmv per store and location.
Posted By: pullit Re: factory ammo - 01/18/22
Got to be fast when you find it or it will be gone
Posted By: slumlord Re: factory ammo - 01/18/22

I noticed that too. I been jacking around watching McClintock and Matlock for 10 years myself. I only have 7 turdy-turdy shells to my name

Im hoping Meemaw and Peepaw get some ammo in, no way I’d step foot in walmart for any of that 3rd shift reject ammo.
Posted By: lubbockdave Re: factory ammo - 01/18/22
Originally Posted by Beoceorl

Thank you sir! There’s so many websites out there that I’ve never heard of, I’m just a little bit wary of getting scammed
Posted By: Beoceorl Re: factory ammo - 01/18/22
Originally Posted by Beoceorl

Thank you sir! There’s so many websites out there that I’ve never heard of, I’m just a little bit wary of getting scammed

I have done business with Sig, Sierra, and Midway. They are solid companies.

Ammo Seek has a rating system for the companies that they list. Its not infallible, but I have found the high rated companies to be reliable so far.
Posted By: CashisKing Re: factory ammo - 01/18/22
Originally Posted by slumlord

I noticed that too. I been jacking around watching McClintock and Matlock for 10 years myself. I only have 7 turdy-turdy shells to my name

Im hoping Meemaw and Peepaw get some ammo in, no way I’d step foot in walmart for any of that 3rd shift reject ammo.

Matlock... I may have to get a new coat hanger and fix those rabbit ears after all.
Posted By: jstert Re: factory ammo - 01/18/22
cci and federal both sell ammo online direct from factory to your home, if your state allows it.
Posted By: gregintenn Re: factory ammo - 01/18/22
First I've heard of this.
Originally Posted by gregintenn

I know right?

Sheesh

I need to move “out west” where everything is awesome and ammo is plentiful
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: factory ammo - 01/18/22
9mm 22 bucks a box of 50 at a pawn shop yesterday. Didn't need any but there it is.
Posted By: jstert Re: factory ammo - 01/18/22
i have bought 22lr, 22wmr, 380acp, 38sp from both cci and federal online over the past several months. good stuff shipped reliably in 1-2 weeks.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: factory ammo - 01/18/22
Originally Posted by CashisKing

Matlock... I may have to get a new coat hanger and fix those rabbit ears after all.

Getcha azz over to the Costco and get a supply a that tin foil, they gots big rolls, two packs to a sleeve.

Besides makin' hats, that tin foil can be used to extend the range a' them antennies.

I know right?

Sheesh

Don't go too far West, we don't get to do no mail order ammo stuff. Keeps the ganstas from restockin', doncha no.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: factory ammo - 01/18/22
Go check down in da hood. 9 mil boxxa fitty run a hunnah dollas.
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: factory ammo - 01/18/22
Factory ammo! Let’s see now…..the only factory ammo I’ve ever bought would have been bout 1950 when I’d go to my Uncle Fred Cox country store and buy a box of .22 Short for .28 cents! That was 50 turtles worth I’d shoot off logs with a Remington single shot rifle! Dad was a reloader and made me one also!
Posted By: CashisKing Re: factory ammo - 01/18/22
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Getcha azz over to the Costco and get a supply a that tin foil, they gots big rolls, two packs to a sleeve.

Besides makin' hats, that tin foil can be used to extend the range a' them antennies.

Is there a YouTube link?
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Is there a YouTube link?

Probably, there's vids about everything on there. Forgin' a fry pan from some sheet steel, how to boil a pig, shootin', fishin', gatherin' (stealin') some ginsang,

Was listening to some 90's music the other day when one I'd never seen come on. I kinda like the visuals! (To heck with tin foil antennas)

But yeah, they're out there:

Which would YOU rather watch? wink
Antenna for Baranbus’ philco in the living room of his trailer
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: factory ammo - 01/18/22

I know right?

Sheesh

The WalMarto that I have never been in ever, has not had any ammo in it at all since this started.
Posted By: headhunter130 Re: factory ammo - 01/18/22
Do you reload 22 cartridges? I load most everything, but not 22's. No way could I load them fast enough if it was possible.
Posted By: TheBigSky Re: factory ammo - 01/18/22
lubbockdave, people might be able to help you a little more if your location were a little more helpful than "almost there". It's possible your handle means you are in Lubbock; but, I've made dumber assumptions. As to brick and mortar stores, my experience has been that Scheels is regularly getting ammo and their selection has been getting larger. So, if you are almost there to a Scheels, you will probably have some luck. If you have one within reasonable travel distance, a phone call would probably get them to hold some for you if they have what you need. Good luck in your quest.
Posted By: 257 roberts Re: factory ammo - 01/18/22
Originally Posted by hotsoup
My local walmart gets the standard stuff, in small quantities, about every week. 308win, 30-06, 270win, and good old 350 legend. Saw some 243win the other day. Corelokts, power points, and fed blue box. Forget all the other stuff. Ymmv per store and location.

Mine does too usually on Monday morning, I hit right yesterday and picked up 3 boxes of Remington Cor Lokt 150gr for $24.95 a box
Posted By: gregintenn Re: factory ammo - 01/18/22

I know right?

Sheesh

You ARE out west from my locale.
Posted By: clockwork_7mm Re: factory ammo - 01/18/22

Could've respected In the Heat of the Night or Magnum PI. Matlock though? You don't even deserve the 7 rounds 😂
Posted By: 5thShock Re: factory ammo - 01/18/22
https://www.sgammo.com/

Family Owned and Operated Ammo Sales, Stillwater OK
Posted By: boatammo Re: factory ammo - 01/19/22
I've dealt with them good folks.
Posted By: blanket Re: factory ammo - 01/19/22
Everything you want is available on gunbroker, just the price has changed
© 24hourcampfire