Home
Posted By: Muffin 'Community Cat' - 01/19/22
This poster, ad, info posted with the County Animal Control and/or some Bunny-hugger group.........

I asked where the DIS-Like button was, probably going to be banned....

What a load of crap!

After you catch the little bastids they neuter and 'return to the wild'

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: STRSWilson Re: 'Community Cat' - 01/19/22
I find it easier just to put a bullet in their sweet little heads.

One could say that I have "cared for" quite a few. So put me into that 40% please.
Posted By: Osky Re: 'Community Cat' - 01/19/22
“Removing community cats doesn’t work”
Since when?

Osky
Posted By: hookeye Re: 'Community Cat' - 01/19/22
Ear tip, score as non typical ?
Posted By: Muffin Re: 'Community Cat' - 01/19/22
Originally Posted by hookeye
Ear tip, score as non typical ?

IDK about NON-typical but does ADD to the B&C Score...............
Posted By: Hotrod_Lincoln Re: 'Community Cat' - 01/19/22
Where will the local Chinese restaurant get the ingredients for "Filet Meow"? Back in the depression when local grocery stores sold fresh rabbits, they always left the ears on, and unskinned, so people would know they weren't buying a cat.
Posted By: Mike_S Re: 'Community Cat' - 01/19/22
My father had a next door neighbor who was a cat lady. They fed the feral devils and allowed them to live in a garage. We had an issue with them feeding them on our property after dad passed, and I worried prospective buyers wouldn’t want the house when we sold it after his death.
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: 'Community Cat' - 01/19/22
The local restaurant has a donation can on the counter to help fund neutering feral cats. I drop a few rounds of 22 ammo in, every time I go......
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: 'Community Cat' - 01/19/22
Had the law all over us, because someone cut a ladies prize cat one night. Dang thing shouldn't been roaming around town at 1 in the morning.
Posted By: 22250rem Re: 'Community Cat' - 01/19/22
Might have one living in the woods next to and across the road from me. Has no collar or anything, seems to be out year round, and won't come near people. Comes around the side of my garage and behind it and kills mice, and leaves them out on the side of the garage next to the woods or out in the driveway. Saves me the trouble of setting out mouse traps. I named him, ( or her) "Buddy" because any cat that wants to come here and kill mice is my buddy. Although I haven't seen "Buddy" in a least a week now since the snow got deep. I was wondering if maybe he does have a home and the owners just let him run loose. Either way he's welcome to come here and eradicate mice.
Posted By: Mike_S Re: 'Community Cat' - 01/19/22
People who allow their house cats to roam at will in in suburban neighborhoods are just as feral as the wild ones once they leave the house. They kill song birds and are a nuisance. Not talking about barn cats.
Posted By: Muffin Re: 'Community Cat' - 01/19/22
Here in West Central Florida the coyotes keep a pretty good lid on 'running' cats and dogs(small ones anyway)..........
Posted By: mark shubert Re: 'Community Cat' - 01/19/22
Originally Posted by Oldman03
Had the law all over us, because someone cut a ladies prize cat one night. Dang thing shouldn't been roaming around town at 1 in the morning.

Did'ja live-trap him, Randy? smile smile smile
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: 'Community Cat' - 01/19/22
when I moved to this neighborhood years ago, it was over run with 'community cats'. I killed them all. You just don't see feral cats here anymore.
Posted By: Tide_Change Re: 'Community Cat' - 01/19/22
Can't shoot that one - it's a sacred piebald.
Posted By: Wannabebwana Re: 'Community Cat' - 01/19/22
Farmer friend has one indoor cat, yet ended up with 20-some outdoor ones just from people dumping them.

He’s happy if they stay in the barn but some started hanging around the house then sneaking in and chitting in the garage. We took care of them. The barn cats are fine.

He called the local rescue group. They want him to pay $250 for each cat for them to get them fixed. Why should he be paying for cats that other people have dumped on him?
Posted By: River_Ridge Re: 'Community Cat' - 01/19/22
Originally Posted by huntsman22
The local restaurant has a donation can on the counter to help fund neutering feral cats. I drop a few rounds of 22 ammo in, every time I go......

HAH! That's a great idea.
Posted By: fburgtx Re: 'Community Cat' - 01/19/22
“Let’s do for cats what we’ve done for horses!! Call them “wild” or “community”, rather than “feral”!”

Idiots...
Posted By: 673 Re: 'Community Cat' - 01/19/22
Originally Posted by 22250rem
Might have one living in the woods next to and across the road from me. Has no collar or anything, seems to be out year round, and won't come near people. Comes around the side of my garage and behind it and kills mice, and leaves them out on the side of the garage next to the woods or out in the driveway. Saves me the trouble of setting out mouse traps. I named him, ( or her) "Buddy" because any cat that wants to come here and kill mice is my buddy. Although I haven't seen "Buddy" in a least a week now since the snow got deep. I was wondering if maybe he does have a home and the owners just let him run loose. Either way he's welcome to come here and eradicate mice.

We had a stray Cat do that too, kept leaving mice out the back door, I figure it was bringing me gifts lol. I was able to get ahold of it one day with some welding gloves, and held it until it knew I wasn't gonna hurt it, 6 years later...best pet we have ever owned..
I previously never liked Cats.
Posted By: PJGunner Re: 'Community Cat' - 01/19/22
I have two feral cats hanging our in my neighbor hood. One tabby and the other as black as a coal mine at midnight. The tabby will run from if I come any closer than about 35 yards. Very spooky. I've been within about fifteen feet of the black one in my yard, at least until it noticed me watching, then it either slinks away or takes off like bat out of hell.
Last night one of them was in the alley back of my house in heat. We use to have several coveys of quail and quite a few cottontail rabbits come into our back yard. Those damn cats have made them extinct. I haven't seen a rabbit or quail in the yard for years now. Bummer.
Paul B.
Posted By: 7mm_Loco Re: 'Community Cat' - 01/19/22
... "feral"... describes behavior - feral cats are wary of people and live on their own outdoors... pretty much describes me as a child right there!
Posted By: Dutch Re: 'Community Cat' - 01/19/22
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
when I moved to this neighborhood years ago, it was over run with 'community cats'. I killed them all. You just don't see feral cats here anymore.

Can’t you read? That doesn’t work!
Posted By: JeffyD Re: 'Community Cat' - 01/20/22
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
I find it easier just to put a bullet in their sweet little heads.

One could say that I have "cared for" quite a few. So put me into that 40% please.

You and me both, brother.
Posted By: slumlord Re: 'Community Cat' - 01/20/22
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Where will the local Chinese restaurant get the ingredients for "Filet Meow"? Back in the depression when local grocery stores sold fresh rabbits, they always left the ears on, and unskinned, so people would know they weren't buying a cat.

General Tso chicken

😂😂😂
Posted By: gonehuntin Re: 'Community Cat' - 01/20/22
Originally Posted by fburgtx
“Let’s do for cats what we’ve done for horses!! Call them “wild” or “community”, rather than “feral”!”

Idiots...

Bo Derek shakes her fist at you and stamps her foot, making her magnificent tatas jiggle and move around....

((she's an extreme horse lover))
Posted By: RupertBear Re: 'Community Cat' - 01/20/22
Originally Posted by slumlord
General Tso chicken

😂😂😂

Might be a joke, but as a poor student, I 'adopted' a lot of cats. Free meat good for 4-5 meals.
RB
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: 'Community Cat' - 01/20/22
We had a stray show up that was an outside cat for years. It was a good hunter and very friendly. Them my MIL moved in with us. She started letting it in the house so it was always at the door. Then it discovered the dog door and it was all over. She's been an inside cat for 5 years now. Luckily she's getting very old and likely won't last much longer.
Posted By: Happy_Camper Re: 'Community Cat' - 01/20/22
The op diagram left out:
Community cats leave nice little gifts on your lawn to step in.
They are good at spreading ticks and fleas.
The children's sand box becomes the community litter box.
It provides extra dirt for children to move with the Tonka trucks.
Lots of fun for all. 😐
Posted By: 1minute Re: 'Community Cat' - 01/20/22
We have one that does daily visits to about 6 households. Extremely friendly. Gets a little grub from each house but he's still a hunting fool. If one detects rodent sign in the garage, lock him in for the night and all will be taken care of.
Posted By: GAGoober Re: 'Community Cat' - 01/20/22
The beach at Anderson AFB, Guam was overrun with ferals when I was there. I suppose the entire island was too. Not sure if that is the case today.
Posted By: RupertBear Re: 'Community Cat' - 01/20/22
Originally Posted by GAGoober
The beach at Anderson AFB, Guam was overrun with ferals when I was there. I suppose the entire island was too. Not sure if that is the case today.

Most of them got the "take 2 APCs" treatment.
RB
Posted By: las Re: 'Community Cat' - 01/20/22
When I was a teen our little ( and very fucund!) black and white female cat started to disapear for days, then weeks, then months, until she never came home. About a year after we last saw her, I found her living across town with another family. They said her visitations matched our absences closely.

I guess we weren't good enough for her, or possibly she thought they needed her more.

But this is a cat, so the latter, probably not... smile
Posted By: dogcatcher223 Re: 'Community Cat' - 01/20/22
My neighbors two houses down let their cat roam. It schits in my flower beds and chases off all the birds. I tried to live catch it, but no luck. Going to try again the the spring.
Posted By: Gristle Re: 'Community Cat' - 01/20/22
Originally Posted by huntsman22

I swear that the next time I come thru Kiowa country this fall, I’m gonna stop and make it a point to meet you.

That’s funny as hell!
Posted By: skeen Re: 'Community Cat' - 01/20/22
Originally Posted by gonehuntin

Idiots...

Bo Derek shakes her fist at you and stamps her foot, making her magnificent tatas jiggle and move around....

This deserves a gif.

Posted By: gonehuntin Re: 'Community Cat' - 01/20/22
Originally Posted by skeen
Originally Posted by gonehuntin

Idiots...

This deserves a gif.

Her she is channeling Roy Rogers (Bullet, Trigger):

Posted By: ssgtbatch Re: 'Community Cat' - 01/20/22
they make good trainers for young hounds
© 24hourcampfire