Home
Posted By: 19352012 Wife appreciation thread - 01/20/22
A recent post made me think of this, frown . I tell my wife I love her several times a day. She made me not become a bum like I wanted to be. I haven't done many things right but I did that one really right. 2 men asked me at my wedding how I got her to marry me, people still say that to me now. Now I see why they said that. I know not all women are valuable above rubies, I'm sorry for you fellas that have to deal with that. Thank God for sending her to me.
Posted By: skeen Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/20/22
Posted By: hanco Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/20/22
Originally Posted by 19352012
A recent post made me think of this, frown . I tell my wife I love her several times a day. She made me not become a bum like I wanted to be. I haven't done many things right but I did that one really right. 2 men asked me at my wedding how I got her to marry me, people still say that to me now. Now I see why they said that. I know not all women are valuable above rubies, I'm sorry for you fellas that have to deal with that. Thank God for sending her to me.

Yep, lucky to have Wifey, just got home from dancing. That’s more fun than walking for exercise. I get tired of watching 📺 TV.
Posted By: CCCC Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/20/22
Mere words cannot fully describe my appreciation - I have been richly blessed.
Not sure if I appreciate my wife yet, haven’t known her long enough to say. Only been married 41 years. 😍
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/20/22
Cool!

Consuela got her own account!
Posted By: Clarkm Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/20/22
I was a fan of John Prine in 1971.
I did not meet my wife until 1976.
Posted By: hookeye Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/20/22

For those who have a good woman, or had one.....
Glad you are/ were so blessed

Not everybody is as fortunate and its not always a matter of perspective.
Posted By: MS9x56 Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/20/22
Congratulations on making it 41 years. Unfortunately not many couples make it as long as us. It hasn’t always been easy but when you love each other you don’t quit, you work through it. My wife and I have had 42 years of adventures together. She and I have been blessed. She makes me a better man by pushing me to be and do better. We will be turning 60 lbs of venison into burger and sausage this weekend in our annual end of hunting season ritual.
Posted By: jimy Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/20/22
There are a whole bunch of f~cktards out there who don't deserve a mangy cat, let alone a good woman, a good woman is a treasure that should be cherished, and never taken for granted, my wife and I have been married for41 great years !
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/20/22
Originally Posted by jimy
There are a whole bunch of f~cktards out there who don't deserve a mangy cat, let alone a good woman, a good woman is a treasure that should be cherished, and never taken for granted, my wife and I have been married for41 great years !

That works both ways. I've had a good wife for 36 years now. She's at home feeding cows and I'm in Florida fishing, can't beat that.
Posted By: 7mmbuster Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/20/22
Lord only knows where I’d be without Penny.
I thank God for her every day, and I tell her I love her all the time.
7mm
Posted By: CBB Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/20/22
There isn't anything in life that can take the place of a good woman by your side.

I'm more than blessed to have found my wife.
Posted By: chris_c Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/20/22
Had a "practice" wife, the one I have now is a treasure 34 years and counting

50 years this month

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

WELL said and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
Posted By: huntjinx Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/20/22
I guess I'm a rookie. Only 32 years for us. Wouldn't have amounted to a whole lot without my wife. And she bakes great bread and cookies to boot.
Posted By: hikerbum Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/20/22
Met my wife 47 years ago. Been married 44 years this June. Dont know how she has put up with me, but lucky for me she has.
29 years now with wife #4. I am very grateful.

On the front of - if you appreciate her….
Here is what one guy wrote after losing his wife because he didn’t listen or understand her (they split up… he felt it was his fault for not understanding what a women is).

So IMHO - here’s how to do our part as guys…

1. Never stop courting
Never stop dating. NEVER EVER take that woman for granted. When you asked her to marry you, you promised to be that man that would OWN HER HEART and to fiercely protect it.

This is the most important and sacred treasure you will ever be entrusted with. SHE CHOSE YOU. Never forget that, and NEVER GET LAZY in your love.

2. Protect your own heart
Just as you committed to being the protector of her heart, you must guard your own with the same vigilance. Love yourself fully, love the world openly, but there is a special place in your heart where no one must enter except for your wife.

Keep that space always ready to receive her and invite her in, and refuse to let anyone or anything else enter there.

3. Fall in love over and over again
You will constantly change. You’re not the same people you were when you got married, and in five years you will not be the same person you are today. Change will come, and in that you have to re-choose each other everyday.

SHE DOESN’T HAVE TO STAY WITH YOU, and if you don’t take care of her heart, she may give that heart to someone else or seal you out completely, and you may never be able to get it back. Always fight to win her love just as you did when you were courting her.

4. Always see the best in her
Focus only on what you love. What you focus on will expand. If you focus on what bugs you, all you will see is reasons to be bugged. If you focus on what you love, you can’t help but be consumed by love.

Focus to the point where you can no longer see anything but love, and you know without a doubt that you are the luckiest man on earth to be have this woman as your wife.

5. It’s not your job to change or fix her
Your job is to love her as she is with no expectation of her ever changing. And if she changes, love what she becomes, whether it’s what you wanted or not.

6. Take full accountability...
...For your own emotions: It’s not your wife’s job to make you happy, and she CAN’T make you sad. You are responsible for finding your own happiness, and through that your joy will spill over into your relationship and your love.

7. Never blame your wife if you...
get frustrated or angry at her, it is only because it is triggering something inside of YOU. They are YOUR emotions, and your responsibility. When you feel those feelings take time to get present and to look within and understand what it is inside of YOU that is asking to be healed.

You were attracted to this woman because she was the person best suited to trigger all of your childhood wounds in the most painful way so that you could heal them… when you heal yourself, you will no longer be triggered by her, and you will wonder why you ever were.

8. Allow your woman to just be
When she’s sad or upset, it’s not your job to fix it, it’s your job to HOLD HER and let her know it’s ok. Let her know that you hear her, and that she’s important and that you are that pillar on which she can always lean.

The feminine spirit is about change and emotion and like a storm her emotions will roll in and out, and as you remain strong and unjudging she will trust you and open her soul to you… DON’T RUN-AWAY WHEN SHE’S UPSET.

Stand present and strong and let her know you aren’t going anywhere. Listen to what she is really saying behind the words and emotion.

9. Be silly…
don’t take yourself so damn seriously. Laugh. And make her laugh. Laughter makes everything else easier.

10. Fill her soul everyday…
learn her love languages and the specific ways that she feels important and validated and CHERISHED. Ask her to create a list of 10 THINGS that make her feel loved and memorize those things and make it a priority everyday to make her feel like a queen.

11. Be present
Give her not only your time, but your focus, your attention and your soul. Do whatever it takes to clear your head so that when you are with her you are fully WITH HER. Treat her as you would your most valuable client. She is.

12. Be willing to take her sexually...
To carry her away in the power of your masculine presence, to consume her and devour her with your strength, and to penetrate her to the deepest levels of her soul. Let her melt into her feminine softness as she knows she can trust you fully.

13. Don’t be an idiot
And don’t be afraid of being one either. You will make mistakes and so will she. Try not to make too big of mistakes, and learn from the ones you do make. You’re not supposed to be perfect, just try to not be too stupid.

14. Give her space
The woman is so good at giving and giving, and sometimes she will need to be reminded to take time to nurture herself. Sometimes she will need to fly from your branches to go and find what feeds her soul, and if you give her that space she will come back with new songs to sing.

(Okay, getting a little too poetic here, but you get the point. Tell her to take time for herself, ESPECIALLY after you have kids. She needs that space to renew and get re-centered, and to find herself after she gets lost in serving you, the kids and the world.)

15. Be vulnerable…
You don’t have to have it all together. Be willing to share your fears and feelings, and quick to acknowledge your mistakes.

16. Be fully transparent
If you want to have trust you must be willing to share EVERYTHING… Especially those things you don’t want to share. It takes courage to fully love, to fully open your heart and let her in when you don’t know i she will like what she finds…

Part of that courage is allowing her to love you completely, your darkness as well as your light. DROP THE MASK… If you feel like you need to wear a mask around her, and show up perfect all the time, you will never experience the full dimension of what love can be.

17. Never stop growing together
The stagnant pond breeds malaria, the flowing stream is always fresh and cool. Atrophy is the natural process when you stop working a muscle, just as it is if you stop working on your relationship. Find common goals, dreams and visions to work towards.

18. Don’t worry about money
Money is a game, find ways to work together as a team to win it. It never helps when teammates fight. Figure out ways to leverage both persons strength to win.

19. Forgive immediately...
and focus on the future rather than carrying weight from the past. Don’t let your history hold you hostage. Holding onto past mistakes that either you or she makes, is like a heavy anchor to your marriage and will hold you back. FORGIVENESS IS FREEDOM. Cut the anchor loose and always choose love.

20. Always choose love
ALWAYS CHOOSE LOVE. In the end, this is the only advice you need. If this is the guiding principle through which all your choices is governed, there is nothing that will threaten the happiness of your marriage. Love will always endure.

In the end marriage isn’t about happily ever after. It’s about work. And a commitment to grow together and a willingness to continually invest in creating something that can endure eternity.

Through that work, the happiness will come. Marriage is life, and it will bring ups and downs. Embracing all of the cycles and learning to learn from and love each experience will bring the strength and perspective to keep building, one brick at a time.

These are lessons I learned the hard way. These are lessons I learned too late. But these are lessons I am learning and committed in carrying forward. Truth is, I loved being married, and in time, I will get married again, and when I do, I will build it with a foundation that will endure any storm and any amount of time.

If you are reading this and find wisdom in my pain, share it those those young husbands whose hearts are still full of hope, and with those couples you may know who may have forgotten how to love.

One of those men may be like I was, and in these hard earned lessons perhaps something will awaken in him and he will learn to be the man his lady has been waiting for.

MEN - THIS IS YOUR CHARGE: Commit to being an EPIC LOVER.There is no greater challenge, and no greater prize. Your woman deserves that from. Be the type of husband your wife can’t help but brag about.

**. If you want to find it on the Internet google “Beautiful advice from a divorced man after 16 years of marriage”
Posted By: Strider1 Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/20/22
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]
Posted By: MMM Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/20/22
Boys, you don't even know, we have been a team for over 35 years, been through some great times and some tough times, don't even want to think about what life would have been like without her. She has always just loved me.
Originally Posted by Spotshooter

On the front of - if you appreciate her….
Here is what one guy wrote after losing his wife because he didn’t listen or understand her (they split up… he felt it was his fault for not understanding what a women is).

So IMHO - here’s how to do our part as guys…

1. Never stop courting
Never stop dating. NEVER EVER take that woman for granted. When you asked her to marry you, you promised to be that man that would OWN HER HEART and to fiercely protect it.

This is the most important and sacred treasure you will ever be entrusted with. SHE CHOSE YOU. Never forget that, and NEVER GET LAZY in your love.

2. Protect your own heart
Just as you committed to being the protector of her heart, you must guard your own with the same vigilance. Love yourself fully, love the world openly, but there is a special place in your heart where no one must enter except for your wife.

Keep that space always ready to receive her and invite her in, and refuse to let anyone or anything else enter there.

3. Fall in love over and over again
You will constantly change. You’re not the same people you were when you got married, and in five years you will not be the same person you are today. Change will come, and in that you have to re-choose each other everyday.

SHE DOESN’T HAVE TO STAY WITH YOU, and if you don’t take care of her heart, she may give that heart to someone else or seal you out completely, and you may never be able to get it back. Always fight to win her love just as you did when you were courting her.

4. Always see the best in her
Focus only on what you love. What you focus on will expand. If you focus on what bugs you, all you will see is reasons to be bugged. If you focus on what you love, you can’t help but be consumed by love.

Focus to the point where you can no longer see anything but love, and you know without a doubt that you are the luckiest man on earth to be have this woman as your wife.

5. It’s not your job to change or fix her
Your job is to love her as she is with no expectation of her ever changing. And if she changes, love what she becomes, whether it’s what you wanted or not.

6. Take full accountability...
...For your own emotions: It’s not your wife’s job to make you happy, and she CAN’T make you sad. You are responsible for finding your own happiness, and through that your joy will spill over into your relationship and your love.

7. Never blame your wife if you...
get frustrated or angry at her, it is only because it is triggering something inside of YOU. They are YOUR emotions, and your responsibility. When you feel those feelings take time to get present and to look within and understand what it is inside of YOU that is asking to be healed.

You were attracted to this woman because she was the person best suited to trigger all of your childhood wounds in the most painful way so that you could heal them… when you heal yourself, you will no longer be triggered by her, and you will wonder why you ever were.

8. Allow your woman to just be
When she’s sad or upset, it’s not your job to fix it, it’s your job to HOLD HER and let her know it’s ok. Let her know that you hear her, and that she’s important and that you are that pillar on which she can always lean.

The feminine spirit is about change and emotion and like a storm her emotions will roll in and out, and as you remain strong and unjudging she will trust you and open her soul to you… DON’T RUN-AWAY WHEN SHE’S UPSET.

Stand present and strong and let her know you aren’t going anywhere. Listen to what she is really saying behind the words and emotion.

9. Be silly…
don’t take yourself so damn seriously. Laugh. And make her laugh. Laughter makes everything else easier.

10. Fill her soul everyday…
learn her love languages and the specific ways that she feels important and validated and CHERISHED. Ask her to create a list of 10 THINGS that make her feel loved and memorize those things and make it a priority everyday to make her feel like a queen.

11. Be present
Give her not only your time, but your focus, your attention and your soul. Do whatever it takes to clear your head so that when you are with her you are fully WITH HER. Treat her as you would your most valuable client. She is.

12. Be willing to take her sexually...
To carry her away in the power of your masculine presence, to consume her and devour her with your strength, and to penetrate her to the deepest levels of her soul. Let her melt into her feminine softness as she knows she can trust you fully.

13. Don’t be an idiot
And don’t be afraid of being one either. You will make mistakes and so will she. Try not to make too big of mistakes, and learn from the ones you do make. You’re not supposed to be perfect, just try to not be too stupid.

14. Give her space
The woman is so good at giving and giving, and sometimes she will need to be reminded to take time to nurture herself. Sometimes she will need to fly from your branches to go and find what feeds her soul, and if you give her that space she will come back with new songs to sing.

(Okay, getting a little too poetic here, but you get the point. Tell her to take time for herself, ESPECIALLY after you have kids. She needs that space to renew and get re-centered, and to find herself after she gets lost in serving you, the kids and the world.)

15. Be vulnerable…
You don’t have to have it all together. Be willing to share your fears and feelings, and quick to acknowledge your mistakes.

16. Be fully transparent
If you want to have trust you must be willing to share EVERYTHING… Especially those things you don’t want to share. It takes courage to fully love, to fully open your heart and let her in when you don’t know i she will like what she finds…

Part of that courage is allowing her to love you completely, your darkness as well as your light. DROP THE MASK… If you feel like you need to wear a mask around her, and show up perfect all the time, you will never experience the full dimension of what love can be.

17. Never stop growing together
The stagnant pond breeds malaria, the flowing stream is always fresh and cool. Atrophy is the natural process when you stop working a muscle, just as it is if you stop working on your relationship. Find common goals, dreams and visions to work towards.

18. Don’t worry about money
Money is a game, find ways to work together as a team to win it. It never helps when teammates fight. Figure out ways to leverage both persons strength to win.

19. Forgive immediately...
and focus on the future rather than carrying weight from the past. Don’t let your history hold you hostage. Holding onto past mistakes that either you or she makes, is like a heavy anchor to your marriage and will hold you back. FORGIVENESS IS FREEDOM. Cut the anchor loose and always choose love.

20. Always choose love
ALWAYS CHOOSE LOVE. In the end, this is the only advice you need. If this is the guiding principle through which all your choices is governed, there is nothing that will threaten the happiness of your marriage. Love will always endure.

In the end marriage isn’t about happily ever after. It’s about work. And a commitment to grow together and a willingness to continually invest in creating something that can endure eternity.

Through that work, the happiness will come. Marriage is life, and it will bring ups and downs. Embracing all of the cycles and learning to learn from and love each experience will bring the strength and perspective to keep building, one brick at a time.

These are lessons I learned the hard way. These are lessons I learned too late. But these are lessons I am learning and committed in carrying forward. Truth is, I loved being married, and in time, I will get married again, and when I do, I will build it with a foundation that will endure any storm and any amount of time.

If you are reading this and find wisdom in my pain, share it those those young husbands whose hearts are still full of hope, and with those couples you may know who may have forgotten how to love.

One of those men may be like I was, and in these hard earned lessons perhaps something will awaken in him and he will learn to be the man his lady has been waiting for.

MEN - THIS IS YOUR CHARGE: Commit to being an EPIC LOVER.There is no greater challenge, and no greater prize. Your woman deserves that from. Be the type of husband your wife can’t help but brag about.

**. If you want to find it on the Internet google “Beautiful advice from a divorced man after 16 years of marriage”

Very nice. I want my wife to see this
Posted By: pullit Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/20/22
I too have been blessed with a good one, we have been married for going on 41 years this year. I see a lot of people that are unhappy in their marriage and I do feel sorry for them, I hope I never have to know what that is like.
I gotta hand it to Khan.
Much as I butt heads with that Alpha she wolf.
She has been the rock in the family.
Most military wives run the home.
Was a new army wife with a privates wife knowledge of things that married a E- 6p and learned fast.
Stay at home mom took care of our 3 girls and the house/ finances
Been thru numerous 30 45 day feild exercise that I went to on this rock.
2nd of my 3 assignments to south korea for a year in 95 96.
My 3 yrs of recruiting duty in our hometown area in Maine.
PCS moves
My 2nd combat tour to Iraq and why does Bco train more than the other companies in Bn and Bde leading up to that.
The deployment phase.
Watching news seeing combat footage of soldiers with Black Heart patches on their Brain buckets.
Her and all the other wives hearing of and dealing with KIA,s and WIA,s in the company and Bn back here in the states.
Me coming home with a delayed blast injury for surgery from a grenade. Unanounced that I told my CO and BC not to tell rear detachment at FTCKY about, and a call to come pick me outta the blue.
Me returning to theater 90 days later and the anxiety her and the girls went thru on that.
3rd of my 3 assignments to south korea 90 days after returning from Iraq in 04 05
Me retiring in 08 and doing dangerous civilian jobs.
Her getting back in the work force and finishing her degree.
Her moving high up the food chain in her job.

Ect ect ect..

She is a strong woman and a hot cougar...
I love her, but I also butt heads with her.

Plus she also likes to mow the yard🤙🤙👍👍👍
Posted By: OGB Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/20/22
Originally Posted by renegade50
I gotta hand it to Khan.
Was a new army wife with a privates wife knowledge of things that married a E- 6p and learned fast.
PCS moves
My 2nd combat tour to Iraq and why does Bco train more than the other companies in Bn and Bde leading up to that.
The deployment phase.
Watching news seeing combat footage of soldiers with Black Heart patches on their Brain buckets.
Her and all the other wives hearing of and dealing with KIA,s and WIA,s in the company and Bn back here in the states.
Me coming home with a delayed blast injury for surgery from a grenade. Unanounced that I told my CO and BC not to tell rear detachment at FTCKY about, and a call to come pick me outta the blue.
Me returning to theater 90 days later and the anxiety her and the girls went thru on that.
3rd of my 3 assignments to south korea 90 days after returning from Iraq in 04 05

Ect ect ect..

Yep
Rolled over 25yrs with mine this summer. Turned 50 a few days ago which means I've been with her longer then without. Have no idea what I'd do without her.
Posted By: dale06 Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/20/22
We dated for three years and just passed 48 years of marriage. So, we’ve been together for more than half a century.
I am one lucky son of a gun.
Originally Posted by OGB
I gotta hand it to Khan.
PCS moves
The deployment phase.

Ect ect ect..

Yep
Rolled over 25yrs with mine this summer. Turned 50 a few days ago which means I've been with her longer then without. Have no idea what I'd do without her.

Ditto

29 coming up mar 15 here.
Posted By: mauserfan Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/20/22
This is a great thread. She's my best friend and I have told her many times that she's so cool....she should have had a penis. Love her for sure.

Darrel Wick
Posted By: rost495 Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/20/22
Originally Posted by MS9x56
Congratulations on making it 41 years. Unfortunately not many couples make it as long as us. It hasn’t always been easy but when you love each other you don’t quit, you work through it. My wife and I have had 42 years of adventures together. She and I have been blessed. She makes me a better man by pushing me to be and do better. We will be turning 60 lbs of venison into burger and sausage this weekend in our annual end of hunting season ritual.

a sad sign of the times. Its less common to be married to one until you die. And after that who wants another.

We are young and have been together 40 years soon. Wouldn't trade it for anything or anyone.

I do know that not all marriages will work out, but the number of people divorced one or more times these days is shocking. Its like people dont really care.

At that point, why even marry??
Posted By: cra1948 Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/20/22
“Every day is Thanksgiving…”
Originally Posted by mauserfan
This is a great thread. She's my best friend and I have told her many times that she's so cool....she should have had a penis. Love her for sure.

Darrel Wick

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Posted By: gunchamp Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/20/22
Been wife my wife 28 years total, 21 of which are married years. She is a wonderful women and I couldnt ask for a better partner. Love that woman with all my heart and she gave me the most perfect daughter I could have ever asked for. Good thread here!
Posted By: OGB Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/20/22
Due to my chosen profession I've been around lots of divorce.
Sometimes it's warranted and I don't judge. None of us knows what it is really like to be in someone else's bad relationship.
It has become too easy to give up and marriage, any marriage, is work. But man, it is worth it!
Posted By: cisco1 Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/20/22

Please, send payment to my wife.
Posted By: BlueDuck Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/20/22
Iv got a great wife. Puts up with me. Helps clean fish, butcher meat and all around best friend.
Posted By: 19352012 Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/20/22
True story: my wife told me I was perfect. Cross my heart and hope to die, she absolutely said that. She was getting after me one day for some nothing again, probably $5 she thinks I shouldn't have spent, WHILE I WAS DOING DISHES. I started laughing at her and she was like why can't you take this seriously? I say that you are the only woman in the known galaxies that will yell at her husband while he does the dishes, I'm gonna vacuum next, can you wait till after that? She starts laughing too at that point and tells me that I'm perfect.

I don't mind doing housework at all and it's totally her love language, so that works out good.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/20/22
[Linked Image from daily-bible-verse.net]
Originally Posted by 19352012
True story: my wife told me I was perfect. Cross my heart and hope to die, she absolutely said that. She was getting after me one day for some nothing again, probably $5 she thinks I shouldn't have spent, WHILE I WAS DOING DISHES. I started laughing at her and she was like why can't you take this seriously? I say that you are the only woman in the known galaxies that will yell at her husband while he does the dishes, I'm gonna vacuum next, can you wait till after that? She starts laughing too at that point and tells me that I'm perfect.

I don't mind doing housework at all and it's totally her love language, so that works out good.

My main chore each weekday as HB1 ( house bitch 1)
Is laundry...
Pop it in the washer.
Go do whatever for however long.
Get home pop it in the dryer.
Throw it in the basket, put it upstairs.
She dont want me folding it, I dont do it right🤷‍♂️🥴👍👍👍
Then its her OCD daily cleaning the house rountine for her when she comes home from work.
Cant bust khans chops about a clean house.

Planet of the apes forbidden zone for me and dogs upstairs while that is going on.😬😬😬😄😄😄

The swifter pad thingamabob company and vacumn manufacturers love Khan.
😄😄😄😄😄
Thank God for gullible women. 30 years now. We spend 98-99% of our time together. She's my secret weapon. You may get me down, but she'll claw your eyes out and I'll still win.
Posted By: DugE Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/20/22
Tuesday marked 25 years for us. We were combining a work trip with a Silver Anniversary getaway. Middle son tests Covid positive. Quarantine! No trip. Not even local dinner out.

She’s kept her beautiful smile and told me how happy she is while cooking and tending to a sick on her 25th Anniversary.

She’s a virtuous woman. I’m a blessed man.
Originally Posted by OGB
Due to my chosen profession I've been around lots of divorce.
Sometimes it's warranted and I don't judge. None of us knows what it is really like to be in someone else's bad relationship.
It has become too easy to give up and marriage, any marriage, is work. But man, it is worth it!

Holy fugg...
Some of the stories and schit ya have ta deal with as a leader in this stuff was....
Epic...
And that is a mild term to use with it.

Suicides
Imprisonment.
Shatterd familes
Internal soldier conflicts related to it all in really bad ways.
Ect ect ect....

Don't miss that stuff one bit ..
No sir not one bit..
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/20/22
Deb & I were high school sweet hearts @ 16, married at 22, daughter then son 6 & 8 years later.

Been together 39 years & married for 34 this year.

I totally out kicked my coverage & thank God everyday for the blessings he bestowed upon me.

1988;

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last summer;

France, before Christmas;

You had hair back then???
Holee cow!!!

😁😁😁😄😄😄
Posted By: g5m Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/20/22
Absolutely! My wife is amazing.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/20/22
If ya found your first 3 wives in a bar “out west”

There’s your sign

Can’t make a Ho a housewife
You had hair back then???
Holee cow!!!

😁😁😁😄😄😄

grin
Posted By: Raeford Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/20/22
"Deb's" definitely up for SaintHood, CrappyHamper be damned!
Posted By: miguel Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/20/22
My wife is my perfect match. Her and I are so much alike in many ways. We just spent a week together on our 2 year belated honeymoon in the Smoky Mountains, and never bickered once, or grew tired of one and others company. We enjoyed every minute of it! She makes me a much better person than I could ever be on my own. Plus she’s smart, beautiful, and a great cook!![Linked Image]
Here she is in front of Chimney Tops in the Smokies. Beautiful scenery, both the back ground, and the foreground!

Attached picture DF702C9B-0E6B-486C-858C-04473ED97956.jpeg
Next month marks 37 years of marital bliss here
Posted By: slumlord Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/20/22
33 years next month

She taking a ‘snow day’ off today, baking homemade oatmeal cookies and cinnamon toes (biskettes)

She’s trying to give me the beetus

Originally Posted by DouginAlaska
Not sure if I appreciate my wife yet, haven’t known her long enough to say. Only been married 41 years. 😍
. Only 35 for me, thought it was 36, got a correction on that recently. Hard to beat a good one, bad one needs to be beat.

My ex found a man better than me. He is a saint, they been married 38 years. How he put up with her is beyond me. My girls don’t get along with her very well. Good person, but cranky as hell!
Posted By: RMerta Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/20/22
In a couple months it will be 35 years. 30 of those years I was a LEO/Detective. She has always been there for me. Greatest woman in the world. I can’t say enough good things about her and how much I love her.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/20/22
I've been blessed with my one and only for 37 years. She's the real deal.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/20/22
My wife is a treasure. I tell her that I love her many times each day. Given that, she is also hilarious. I maintain that a "wife-cam" that posted on social media would be a hit. I can picture college dorms where it is watched constantly, with many classes being missed for fear of not being there when she does something particularly noteworthy. I imagine that drinking games would be organized around her doing some of her standard things in ways that only she does them. I have proposed such a thing to her, pointing out that she could probably make a great deal of money selling advertising for the site, but she is not interested.
Posted By: SandBilly Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/20/22
Married once 18-19 years?

She sure is lucky. Lol

Meh....she's alright.
Originally Posted by SandBilly

She sure is lucky. Lol

Damn, Sandbilly a midget!
Originally Posted by Raeford
"Deb's" definitely up for SaintHood, CrappyHamper be damned!

grin

For a city girl, she sure has taken to our rural lifestyle;

Originally Posted by Raeford
Originally Posted by SandBilly

She sure is lucky. Lol

Damn, Sandbilly a midget!

They call that Youthful Charm.
Posted By: SandBilly Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/20/22
🤣 I’m taller now. I like older women
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/20/22
My wife is the only person on Earth that I can tolerate for extended periods of time. Of course, nobody can tolerate *me* for extended periods of time,...so it all works out.
Originally Posted by Bristoe
My wife is the only person on Earth that I can tolerate for extended periods of time. Of course, nobody can tolerate *me* for extended periods of time,...so it all works out.

My situation exactly

Don’t know why she puts up with my sorry ass, but she was married to a guy that couldn’t keep a job, but it worked out for her ex. He married Mike Eli’s mother Eli Young band, Tommy lives on Mike Eli’s big ranch in north Texas, roadie in the band, saw him and talked to him when we saw the band a couple of times. It all worked out.
Posted By: smarquez Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/20/22
I'm at just 37 years with Deborah Jean. If I had to do it all over again I would but try to do it better.
Man, I miss John Prine.
Posted By: skeen Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/21/22
Man, I tell ya,' I do appreciate my wife and fell in love with 'er way back 30 years ago.

The secret to marriage is to buy her a good steak and baked potato once a month, or so. And a new Bimmer every 3 years.

We're the same age but my wife is either a vampire or has the genes like Elizabeth Hurley; she doesn't age. smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: SandBilly Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/21/22
Originally Posted by skeen

We're the same age but my wife is either a vampire or has the genes like Elizabeth Hurley; she doesn't age. :]

Yeah, but she’s good looking.
Posted By: EdM Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/21/22
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I've been blessed with my one and only for 37 years. She's the real deal.

Bingo with mine and my three boys would say there is no better Mother.
Posted By: rlott Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/21/22
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/21/22
Sorry for all yall. Because I got the best gal. Probably be dead by now if God hadn’t sic’d her on me. Damn sure wouldn’t be the man I am, or have the family I live for. She is quiet, calm, and loving to most things and people. The opposite of my mother, which (while I love Mom) is a good thing. She cooks as well as I do, and I am damn good at it according to pretty much anyone I feed. She is a clean freak, and organizer, and intelligent.

There is much more. And she pushes me to buy more ammo. Likes it when I bring home a new gun. I have given her guns or optics for multiple birthdays or Valentine’s gifts, she loves that. A nice car to replace her old one is appreciated too. We grow food together, remodel or build our homes together, hunt, fish and travel together. Rather spend time with her than anyone. And if anything happens to her, there won’t be a replacement. No point looking when you already had the best.
Posted By: GRIZZ Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/21/22
28 years with my Hula girl the lovely and gracious Yvette. She's been battling breast cancer and we lucked out. It's stage one caught very early the tumor was about 13 mm in size.
She had a lumpectomy back on the 4th they removed the tumor and removed the surrounding limph nodes for testing. The limph nodes came back clean no cancer cells so she will be getting radiation treatments for a few weeks no chemo.
I can breath again...
Originally Posted by GRIZZ
28 years with my Hula girl the lovely and gracious Yvette. She's been battling breast cancer and we lucked out. It's stage one caught very early the tumor was about 13 mm in size.
She had a lumpectomy back on the 4th they removed the tumor and removed the surrounding limph nodes for testing. The limph nodes came back clean no cancer cells so she will be getting radiation treatments for a few weeks no chemo.
I can breath again...

That's great news, brotha'!
Posted By: antlers Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/21/22
Awesome.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/21/22
I cannot complain.

She really liked the big ol black mutt I had when we met in '91 or so. She became a dog person after that and I've never heard "get that stinkin' mutt outa my house". Which is good, because it's not the dog that would have left.

Besides, she was the belly dance teacher at the University student union (two hip replacements put an end to that), knows how to work for a living and did until retiring, is now doing fused glass art stuff which is beautiful and makes her happy.

Not to mention, she puts up with my BS on a daily basis.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/21/22
Good lookin' crews there guys.
Posted By: Nykki Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/21/22
We have been married for 43 years together for 48. I'm not sure how she puts up with me but am truly blessed that she chooses to. I spent a a lot of time working in remote places either in Alaska or Russia. That usually is hard on a marriage but she has stuck by me all these years and I would be lost without her.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Jim,

great pic of a great lookin' fambly.

Little Debbie's though? In MT?
Posted By: slumlord Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/21/22
Yellow Playdough next to little debbies

You can eat that stuff too, I have
Posted By: SandBilly Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/21/22
I love nutty buddy’s.

Haven’t eaten play dough. Maybe another thread?
Posted By: Mac84 Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/21/22
I’d be lost without mine
Posted By: MarkWV Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/21/22
Me too Mac. She’s my world. Been together 21 years now. She takes care of me and the pups. Beautiful woman that I don’t deserve.
Posted By: MarkWV Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/21/22
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Jim,

I don’t care about Little Debbie, that soup look delicious. Great pic.
Posted By: GeoW Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/21/22
Originally Posted by DouginAlaska

Likewise. 45..
Great look'n family, Jimmy.
Hope your all doing good.
Originally Posted by MarkWV

Jim,

I don’t care about Little Debbie, that soup look delicious. Great pic.

You guys are missing the big picture - somehow Jim and his wife have tricked their kids into eating raw cucumbers! shocked

Any couple that can do that, get their kids to eat any vegetables, should write a book on parenting, 'cuz we never had any luck with it. blush laugh

Our boys have 2 food groups, meat and cookies.
Maybe those are just really thick homemade pickle slices?

Kids like pickles sometimes?
Maybe those are just really thick homemade pickle slices?

Kids like pickles sometimes?

Naw....they were cucumbers.

We eat a lot of raw vegetables.
Posted By: Dukester Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/21/22
I am greatly blessed by the Lord to have my perfect for me mate. She is an absolutely lovely, sweet, pretty, special God fearing woman that completes me. I thank the Lord every day for her and can't wait every day to get home to her waiting arms and smile. What a blessing.
Posted By: EdM Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/21/22
Mine.

Her's.

Wife and I share the same birthday 12-01-45. Classmates in high school, never dated until out of school. She was a three time Queen in school. I was the class clown/ trouble maker. She has stayed with me for 57 wonderfiul years this May. Put up with my thirty three law enforcement career and numerous major illnesses after I retired. Gave me four wonderful daughters, six grandchildren and one great grandchild. Same lady that you all have spoken of rolled into one GW
Posted By: CCCC Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/21/22
The past 61 years of marriage have brought an astounding array of events and experiences - some of those very difficult, but most of them wonderful

The one beautiful constant here on earth has been my lovely Madelyn.
Posted By: RIO7 Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/21/22

Paul, Your a LUCKY guy to have Maddy, she's a wonderful person. Rio7
Posted By: frogman43 Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/21/22
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
29 years now with wife #4. I am very grateful.

You should be....she's a sweet lady! LOL Miss you Brother, please give my best to Miss Elvie......
Originally Posted by RIO7

Paul, Your a LUCKY guy to have Maddy, she's a wonderful person. Rio7

Both Paul and Maddy are treasures! smile
Posted By: killerv Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/21/22
Posted By: efw Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/21/22
Good thread thanks for starting to it!

In May I’ll celebrate 23 yrs of marriage to an incredibly patient, kind, and tender wife and mother. We met in October of 98, I told her we would be getting married a month later, and we eloped in the UP in May of 99.

It’s been an awesome time and we’re great friends still. Weird to imagine that we’re already looking at empty nesthood within 5 years!

5 kids, one son in law, and one grandchild… pretty incredibly lucky man here she has stuck with me in spite of my many faults.

I ought to be more deliberate in thanks God for her than I am…
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/21/22
FORTY! years this past December 18th:

Posted By: stxhunter Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/21/22
All of you are lucky, I told mine I'd divorce her a couple of days ago if she didn't get rid of all the cats in the house but one, her response, just give me some money when you sell the house. Also have had to put with one or more of her grown kids living in my house the whole 30 yrs we have been together, have had the 41 yr old living here for the last 6 yrs. Now you know why I always have a girlfriend.
We are a pretty good team!

Those here, who have met Joy ("The Warden") marvel at her tolerance level, and restraint.
She hasn't shot me - yet. smile smile smile
48 years together - married 46.
Posted By: Razz Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/21/22

42 years in a few weeks, together 45. Met on a ski trip in college. Best first date ever, lasted a whole week. My best friend and the rock that held us together when we tragically lost our daughter and then one of the boys eight years later. Loves adventure, casts a mean dry fly and lets me pick which room I vacuum first!

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
Posted By: hanco Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/21/22
Young couples could stand to read this thread
Posted By: Waders Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/21/22
I too hit the jackpot. 26 1/2 years ago now. My heart still flutters when she walks into a room. I'll post this pic, because I took it in a coffee shop while we were just out and about and as I was looking at her I just couldn't help but tell her how beautiful she was and that I loved her. I said that I was going to take her picture and she protested, because her hair wasn't done, her makeup wasn't right, she was wearing one of my shirts, blah blah blah. But I took the pic and saved it, because I absolutely love how she looks on any given day. And regardless of how she looks, I can't imagine daily life without her.

Posted By: BC30cal Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/21/22
19352012;
Good morning to you sir, I trust that the morning is behaving itself in your part of Iowa and all within your circle are well.

Thanks very much for a wonderfully positive thread, it's nice to see.

I'll send a sincere tip of the hat to one and all who've made it through the thick and thin times with their significant other - well done.

When I looked for a photo of the brains of the outfit I wasn't able to find anything newer than our eldest daughter's wedding which will be 6 years ago this year if I'm not wrong.

For us it will be 40 years that we met this spring and 40 years that we're married this fall. No, we didn't know each other that long, but as we like to tell people, "we thought it was a good idea at the time!". laugh

I've often said I never could have done anything to deserve the blessings I've received in this life and my better half and our girls absolutely are a key component in those blessings.

Thanks again all and all the best to each and every one of you.

Dwayne
Posted By: Raeford Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/21/22
Originally Posted by hanco
Young couple could stand to read this thread

Yep
Great photo of a beautiful team - B and V are very thoughtful, very generous, hard-working and successful. One feels blessed in their presence.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
We are a pretty good team!

Lovely photograph - speaks volumes. Thanks for posting.
Originally Posted by Waders
I too hit the jackpot. 26 1/2 years ago now. My heart still flutters when she walks into a room. I'll post this pic, because I took it in a coffee shop while we were just out and about and as I was looking at her I just couldn't help but tell her how beautiful she was and that I loved her. I said that I was going to take her picture and she protested, because her hair wasn't done, her makeup wasn't right, she was wearing one of my shirts, blah blah blah. But I took the pic and saved it, because I absolutely love how she looks on any given day. And regardless of how she looks, I can't imagine daily life without her.

Posted By: 79S Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/21/22
Met the ol ball and chain in 97 married her in 2000. Going on 22yrs this coming September. Best wife a guy could ask for..
One good divorce will change you. I cannot imagine having to share my home with a woman again. No thanks.
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/21/22
My Wife is MENSA smart and has tolerated me for 35 years.

My first Wife suffered from bipolar disorder and self-medicated with cocaine. When I found out, I tried to get her help, but addicts are impossibele to reason with, so she only tolerated my interference in her life for 90 days. The last thing that she said to me on the day of our divorce became final was "you tried to change me, but I don't want to be changed.", Her siblings and parents supported me more than her, since I was trying to accomplsih what they'd been unable to do. My ex-SIL told me that the day N decided to divorce me was the luckiest day of my life and she was right, right up until I met my current Wife.
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
One good divorce will change you. I cannot imagine having to share my home with a woman again. No thanks.
I'm ignorant due to inexperience, and do not know the nature or definition of a good divorce. But, maybe getting to know and understand an excellent woman would change the imagination - and bring you a far better experience. Best wishes.
Posted By: rem141r Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/21/22
mine makes a damn good sammich and can really take a punch

just kidding, sammich ain't all that
Originally Posted by rem141r
mine makes a damn good sammich and can really take a punch

just kidding, sammich ain't all that

Hahahah, aw, [bleep]. laugh
Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the Lord.
Proverbs 18:22

Treat her like she is the favour of God.
Posted By: hanco Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/21/22
It seems I’ve become the Wifey’s “boy” since I retired a few weeks ago. I’m doing the little errand crap she has done. I may have to start wearing a damn dress before long.
Posted By: antlers Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/21/22
If it gets you the same reward that takin’ her dancin’ does, I reckon’ you’ll keep after it…!
“Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!” – Helen Keller

[Linked Image from ]
Originally Posted by hanco
It seems I’ve become the Wifey’s “boy” since I retired a few weeks ago. I’m doing the little errand crap she has done. I may have to start wearing a damn dress before long.

You'll get it figured out before long... laugh

Deer lease. Fishing trips. Gotta go this. Gotta go do that... All excuses to get away for awhile. smile
Wife had all the babies while I roofed.

Too bad I married early, always wanted to drop out of 7th grade and go to Chainsaw College.
Posted By: Nollij Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/21/22
22 years in April. Together since '96. Glad I married her in 2000, makes it easier to remember how long we've been together. Don't know what I'd do without her; she's the glue and all that.
Posted By: moosemike Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/21/22

Truth
I tell u whut son, a whisky dick and a weekend furlough from chainsaw college and a man can score a good redhead outside of Cody
Mm huh yessir

Posted By: moosemike Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/21/22
I couldn't have picked any better than I did 28 years ago. She's an absolute gem

Attached picture 181029.jpg
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/21/22
Originally Posted by moosemike

Truth

Maybe so,....but there's also a *lot* of women out there who should consider themselves lucky if they possess a cucumber.
Posted By: Godogs57 Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/21/22
Been blessed for 40 years with an absolute sweetheart. Still gorgeous @ 62, still makes my propeller spin and as I’ve said before, no snakes in her head.

Posted By: frogman43 Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/22/22
Well gents......I've been reading your comments and am thankful some of you feel the way you do.

I've had a long, hard road when it comes to Marriage. It's not been an easy path......so about 8 years ago, just gave up on the whole idea of a life partner......as some have opined, i'd rather live alone than have an ornery woman in the house .

About a year ago, out of the blue, and indirectly because of a Campfire friend, I came to know of a beautiful woman that captivated my attention from the very first moment I saw her picture.....still am. Intelligent (more degrees than a Compass Rose), witty, friendly, laughs at my jokes, and she adores me.....so do her pups. She's the hardest working person I've ever met.......always working late into the night, for herself (exercising), for her family, and for others (Lions Club Member, Kiwanis Club, Historical association, and now she's running for Mayor of our city), as well as created and runs a Non Profit to help first responders and deal with PTSD.............

After all these years of praying to God for a true "Proverbs Woman" to share my life with.....he answered both our prayers. We're not married.....YET, but will be in due time. Can't imagine what life would be like without this tiny dynamo beside me......

Enjoy your day gentlemen, and those that bring happiness to your soul!

Frog---OUT!
Posted By: 19352012 Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/22/22
Everyone else is posting pics of their bride, thought I would post a picture of her from last night. Rough day at work, I guess.
Originally Posted by frogman43
Well gents......I've been reading your comments and am thankful some of you feel the way you do.

I've had a long, hard road when it comes to Marriage. It's not been an easy path......so about 8 years ago, just gave up on the whole idea of a life partner......as some have opined, i'd rather live alone than have an ornery woman in the house .

About a year ago, out of the blue, and indirectly because of a Campfire friend, I came to know of a beautiful woman that captivated my attention from the very first moment I saw her picture.....still am. Intelligent (more degrees than a Compass Rose), witty, friendly, laughs at my jokes, and she adores me.....so do her pups. She's the hardest working person I've ever met.......always working late into the night, for herself (exercising), for her family, and for others (Lions Club Member, Kiwanis Club, Historical association, and now she's running for Mayor of our city), as well as created and runs a Non Profit to help first responders and deal with PTSD.............

After all these years of praying to God for a true "Proverbs Woman" to share my life with.....he answered both our prayers. We're not married.....YET, but will be in due time. Can't imagine what life would be like without this tiny dynamo beside me......

Enjoy your day gentlemen, and those that bring happiness to your soul!

Frog---OUT!

Glad you found that woman.

I've seen it happen usually when are not looking for it.. wink
Posted By: OGB Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/22/22
Originally Posted by Godogs57
Been blessed for 40 years with an absolute sweetheart. Still gorgeous @ 62, still makes my propeller spin and as I’ve said before, no snakes in her head.

And she carries logs up the mountain with a smile!
Good catch.
Posted By: 3584ELK Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/24/22
My lady has been through tough times to be with me. She immigrated and left her native Germany and family behind to move to 'Merica. She is so many things- too many to list. Top amongst those qualities would be beautiful inside and out, loving, caring, supportive, loyal, strong, sexy, funny, intelligent, tri- lingual, and she works far harder than I do. She is an entrepreneur, wonderful mother, business owner, tax expert, marketing genius, and so much more. I tell her constantly that she is loved, appreciated, and adored. She saved me from myself, and I owe her my life many times over. Simply amazing.
Posted By: hanco Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/24/22
Originally Posted by 3584ELK
My lady has been through tough times to be with me. She immigrated and left her native Germany and family behind to move to 'Merica. She is so many things- too many to list. Top amongst those qualities would be beautiful inside and out, loving, caring, supportive, loyal, strong, sexy, funny, intelligent, tri- lingual, and she works far harder than I do. She is an entrepreneur, wonderful mother, business owner, tax expert, marketing genius, and so much more. I tell her constantly that she is loved, appreciated, and adored. She saved me from myself, and I owe her my life many times over. Simply amazing.

Sounds like mine, except she migrated from deep, deep, east Texas
Posted By: hookeye Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/24/22
Aint found a good one yet and quit looking long ago.
Am ready to live alone, nice n quiet, clean.

Reloading press and mini fridge, by a big TV in the front room.

A guy can dream
Posted By: pete53 Re: Wife appreciation thread - 01/24/22
been with my dear wife forever who i have always called her Blondie , 47 years ago i met my long haired blond ,blue jean , 105 lb. Queen with a college degree in the medical field, got her to like cheap beer Busch Lite and my red neck friends at the bar ! this fine lady will Fight - F--k or hold the light for me , she is the only wife i have ever had and only one i will ever have . she gave me two very smart kids ones a doctor "Danielle my daughter " son Cory is a engineer . myself just a old peon pole climber all my life i have been very blessed !
© 24hourcampfire