Home
This rifle is in like-new condition with a Sightron 3-9
Silver scope.
I am pretty sure I have not put 200 rounds down the barrel.
It has a walnut stock with factory checkering.

I am looking for a good honest price for the little rifle.
I have seen prices from $1,500 to $2,200 but would appreciate guidance from the fire.

I can text pictures.

W. Bill
Good luck with it!
Thanks, Jimmy. My little 39a got picked off within a few minutes of posting. I'm getting a little long in the tooth for some of these and I'm buying equipment for my leather and knife making.

W. Bill
Posted By: bkraft Re: Marlin 1894 SS "JM" stamped - 01/21/22
What's it chambered in?
Oops, sorry. .44Magnun/.44 Special.

I thought I forgot something.
I've got a chit pot of brass and a set of RCBS does for it also. It has a leather cuff and sling I made on it also.

Will text pictures.

W. Bill
Originally Posted by Remington6MM
Thanks, Jimmy. My little 39a got picked off within a few minutes of posting. I'm getting a little long in the tooth for some of these and I'm buying equipment for my leather and knife making.

W. Bill

I am glad you are still working on leather.

Your neck not bothering as bad now?
No, the VA has finally found an old drug (thanks to my wife's internet investigating) and it no no problem. But, that was one shoe drop. In subsequent tests they found I have prostate cancer and have linked it to my exposure to Agent Orange used in Vietnam.
The VA here in Seattle is very good and have me on medications that have arrested the cancer.
Best luck with the sale and your health !!!!
Posted By: Huntz Re: Marlin 1894 SS "JM" stamped - 01/21/22
Originally Posted by Remington6MM
No, the VA has finally found an old drug (thanks to my wife's internet investigating) and it no no problem. But, that was one shoe drop. In subsequent tests they found I have prostate cancer and have linked it to my exposure to Agent Orange used in Vietnam.
The VA here in Seattle is very good and have me on medications that have arrested the cancer.

Sorry about the AO.That chit has fugged up a lot of my friends.Glad The VA is taking care of you.
Glad they got that stopped!
Prices are all over the place. Take the scope off and sell it separately. Doesn't really add to the value of the rifle and will make it easier to ship. I put two similar rifles on Gunbroker within a month of each other. One got $1300, so I decided to sell the other one. It got $900. Takes two people to make an auction. Condition and good pictures are everything. I expect you will get more out of it on Gunbroker but it's obviously no guarantee. Dealing with the folks here on the campfire is pretty safe, and easier for sure. It's a lot like selling a house, who see's it and who wants it' bad enough, and has the cash at the same time. On a desirable gun like that one you will know in a day or two if you are in the ball park. The higher you go the fewer the buyers. I'd start at $1800 shipped. Good luck.
I can see your point about taking the scope off, but the new owner will more than likely want to scope this rifle and will have to pay more than $200 for a new silver scope. So, I will just leave the scope on along with the leather stock cuff and sling.

I think $1,950 is a decent price but I can be wrong.
I mean$1,900. Here in Bothell, Wa.
Holly Schidt ! I have a few of these and I now know I am rich!
I watched one of the green/gray laminate stainless 16in 1894 44mag go for about 3300 on gunbroker awhile back. Stupid....

The standard walnut/blued ones easily bring 1300-1500. I dont think 1800-2k would be out of the question with yours.
The 1894 Marlin stainless .44 Mag/44special is sold. Along with ammo and components

The 1894 Marlin .357 with Ruger revolver 357 are sold. Along with ammo and components

Ruger 10/22 stainless bull barrel is sold.

Thank you all for your comments.

W. Bill
© 24hourcampfire