Home
Posted By: strikeu what do you collect - 01/22/22
I collect a few things, too many to put all my attention to one type item.

anyone collect Zippo Items?

I have a few hundred Zippos. My biggest collection item (both in money and size) is vintage stereo gear. Receivers / amps / speakers.

what does the rest of the fire collect? (besides ex wives or girlfriends)
Posted By: 160user Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
I have quite an extension collection of outdated and dry rotten condoms. I hadn't planned to start collecting them, it just sort of ended up that way.
Posted By: TheKid Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
Arrowheads and vintage ammo boxes here
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
Reloading components.
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
Strikeu: I collect Rifles, pistols, knives, wildlife art work, classic Hunting and outdoor related books, arrowheads & scrapers, telephone pole insulators, "snake oil" (opium) medicine bottles, fossils, coolers, optics and vintage firearms catalogs.
Keeps me busy and fulfilled.
I just gave away a Pittsbugh Stealers "Zippo" lighter. I am done with the nfl and I never did like the Stealers! I got this lighter in a box of stuff from an estate sale.
I'll keep my eye out for Zippo stuff.
I think I have a Zippo knife somewhere in my "stuff".
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Edit: I forgot to list my significant and ongoing collection of older (1920's through 1960's) ammunition in original boxes.
I have probably 200 older boxes of rimfire ammunition and 100 older centerfire cartridge boxes specializing in the Winchester "Grizzly" boxes of ammo.
Posted By: 19352012 Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
Scars. Mostly emotional. My wife has really helped me with them. Without her I wouldn't have any let alone a collection.
Posted By: SAcharlie Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
Zippo or what?
Look and size as zippo with a small copper 90° torch tube (in addition to the wick) as a pipe lighter.
Ever seen one?
Posted By: Muffin Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
I'm a God and Gun kinda guy....

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Probably not too many have a Septuagint on the shelf....
Posted By: strikeu Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Strikeu: I collect Rifles, pistols, knives, wildlife art work, classic Hunting and outdoor related books, arrowheads & scrapers, telephone pole insulators, "snake oil" (opium) medicine bottles, fossils, coolers, optics and vintage firearms catalogs.
Keeps me busy and fulfilled.
I just gave away a Pittsbugh Stealers "Zippo" lighter. I am done with the nfl and I never did like the Stealers! I got this lighter in a box of stuff from an estate sale.
I'll keep my eye out for Zippo stuff.
I think I have a Zippo knife somewhere in my "stuff".
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

good set up. I forgot the telephone pole insulators. I don't personally collect them but my dad left me about...I'm guessing 200-300 of them. I really haven't even looked at them in 10 years. you want? I can get some sort of idea what they are, pics and all if you're interested.
Posted By: steveredd1 Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
gold and silver
Posted By: Nollij Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Reloading components.

Yep. I must be good at it, my wife complains about it.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
Wheelchair wheelz off of dumbfuqks I've pushed off the pier.
Posted By: huntjinx Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
Bad habits
Posted By: TheKid Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
I have a pretty decent shelf of old bottles too now that you mention it. Probably the only one that might be worth anything is a Hutch bottle from Oklahoma Territory I found arrowhead hunting, even still has the stopper.
Posted By: strikeu Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
Originally Posted by Muffin

THAT's impressive. my mom would be envious.
Posted By: pullit Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
dust
Posted By: tedthorn Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
All kinds of stuff

The last few years I've tried to build on my bourbon collection
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
Strikeu: My collection of insulators is right at 110 - for now.
I used to find them on the ground in various states back in the 1960's. Now it seems they have all been picked up and are in the yard and estate sales.
I have a couple of "purple" insulators that are rather rare to see.
I am on the verge of being classified as a "hoarder"!
I forgot to add antlers to my pack ratting hobbies!
I drive the VarmintWife crazy anymore.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posted By: rem141r Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
i might start collecting cub cadet tractors. just got my first the other week and really like it.
Posted By: bruinruin Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
With kids growing so fast that they're trying to be adults, and a Dad whose months/years are slim, I'm mostly trying to collect memories.

To answer the question directly, I've seen collections that awed me, but I've just never been the type to collect on a serious level. Sure, I have a few guns and a few knives, but nothing that could ever be called a collection.

I do admire the dedication of drive of those who do seriously collect things of interest.
Posted By: Old Ornery Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
Some hunting and exploration books.
Originally Posted by strikeu
Originally Posted by Muffin

THAT's impressive. my mom would be envious.

My dad has shelves like that. I always yell, Holy Stuff, that's a lot of holy stuff! Whenever I see it. Dad's gone but Mom still has it. They gave away many boxes of books during their moves around or it would be worse. More, I mean more, haha, silly me. It would be more.
Posted By: ltppowell Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
Broken fishing equipment.
Posted By: gonehuntin Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
I bought a 50th anniversary of D-Day Zippo lighter, sucker hasn't appreciated at all!!!
Posted By: jdunham Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
Pretty good outdoor and hunting book collection.
Posted By: Timbermaster Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
Whiskey, coins, guns, relics from yesteryear. Antlers, skulls, feathers, rocks, crystals, anything neat from the wilderness. I have a garage completely full of junk. Its a curse.
Posted By: flintlocke Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
Rusty crusty, bent, broken and unknown metal artifacts from the old mines, sawmills and logging camps in my county. There has been a lot of that stuff see the light of day since the big forest fires started ripping through here the last few years. And an ancient dirty cartridge collection that has yet to be catalogued.
Posted By: Toddly Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
Old Porsches among other stuff.
[Linked Image from ]
Posted By: gunzo Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
I do have a craving for the front & center black one.

But in reality, any info on the the black Silverado in the background? Could it be for sale?
Originally Posted by rem141r
i might start collecting cub cadet tractors. just got my first the other week and really like it.

Probably the best mower I’ve ever had. It’s a beast mowing on side slopes.
[Linked Image from ]
Posted By: navlav8r Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
Guns, knives, outdoor and reloading magazines and books, reloading components (nowadays, some reloading shops would be jealous 😊). Arrowheads, unusual rocks ,especially agate and chalcedony, fossils and unusual items I find in the woods. My wife usually refers to it as “junk” but I have a really good memory and can relate where I found something and the circumstances, what I was hunting, etc.
Posted By: kingston Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
Originally Posted by Toddly

[Linked Image from ]

My Dad is on his second one of these CC zero turn mowers with a steering wheel. He raves about'em.
Posted By: Nykki Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
Anchorage Fur Rondy stuff, been at it for 50 years not worth a whole lot but it's unique to here.
Originally Posted by kingston

[Linked Image from ]

My Dad is on his second one of these CC zero turn mowers with a steering wheel. He raves about'em.

Once you get used to mowing on side slopes they are awesome. Cuts my mowing time in half.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
Memories, and dust.
Posted By: CashisKing Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
The back molar of every SOB I kilt... in an old Miracle Whip jar.
Posted By: Hogwild7 Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
Deer antlers. I saw the skull and skin it off . Let them dry and end up hanging them in the attic where nobody ever sees them. My wife wants me to get rid of them and she has never even been in the attic. Don't know why I save them all but I do.
Posted By: Ptarmigan Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
I collect enough schit on accident that I don’t have enough room for collecting things on purpose.
Posted By: MarkWV Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22

[Linked Image from ]

Once you get used to mowing on side slopes they are awesome. Cuts my mowing time in half.

On my 3rd year with one. It’s been a good investment.
Posted By: Stickfight Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
Experiences.

Proxies hold little interest to me, which is why I don't watch professional sports and the like. I am more at home on the field than watching from the stands.
Posted By: Hastings Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
.30-06 bolt action rifles. Nothing too expensive.
Posted By: MarkWV Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
I really don’t collect any specific item. I have been buying more “Made in the USA” things lately from times past. Aluminum roaster, coffee pots, some older oil lamps. Wife picked up some Woolrich blankets and I got a Woolrich coat the other day.
I try to collect knowledge.
Posted By: rcamuglia Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
Originally Posted by 160user
I have quite an extension collection of outdated and dry rotten condoms. I hadn't planned to start collecting them, it just sort of ended up that way.

Originally Posted by 19352012
Scars. Mostly emotional. My wife has really helped me with them. Without her I wouldn't have any let alone a collection.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Posted By: 160user Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Originally Posted by 160user

Originally Posted by 19352012

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I was just checking to see if anyone even read what was posted.
Posted By: P_Weed Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
When women get to a certain age, they start to collect cats...

This is known as the many paws.
Posted By: Savageguy Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
Fat cells.
Posted By: mirage243 Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
Cash
Posted By: Burleyboy Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
Originally Posted by MarkWV

[Linked Image from ]

On my 3rd year with one. It’s been a good investment.

I have a zero turn cub cadet and I hate it. It cuts terrible and doesn't have much lift. Doesn't mulch worth crap and the bagger was so bad I returned it. It was just a 42" home depot one that runs about $2800 so it's definitely not top of the line.

Bb
Posted By: NVhntr Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
I was out collecting leaves today. I have two giant plies of them.
Ash leaves, apricot leaves, fig leaves, pistachio leaves, and lots of pine straw.
I think I'll press them in the dictionary.
Posted By: AZmark Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
Years and gray hair. Lately I've been loosing my gray hair collection.
Posted By: 16penny Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
old chocolate pot sets and tea sets
Posted By: LBP Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
Junk silver coins, reloading supplies, ammo and guns.
Posted By: DMc Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
Used to collect guns but lost interest when after a few decades I came to the conclusion there were only a few that I truly liked to hunt and shoot with. I've always loved my little 74mm "Executive" Swiss Army Knife and have carried one for as long as I can remember. A few years ago SAK announced they were discontinuing that model which was a heart breaker. I guess you could say I now collect them and keep a watchful eye out on eBay and a few other places for any unusual ones that pop up. I buy them for myself and my 3 daughters. I don't believe they'll ever have any true "collector" value but any other colors besides red or black have become quite rare.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: mrmarklin Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
Märklin model trains. I have about 3,500 pieces of rolling stock and over 500 locomotives.
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
Originally Posted by Nollij
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Reloading components.

Yep. I must be good at it, my wife complains about it.

Same here.
Wife: Do you need all this reloading equipment?

You know we need it all and then some.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
Wife: Do you need all this reloading equipment?
Yep. Do you need all those shoes?
Posted By: local_dirt Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
S&W revolvers (lately more Colts), Griswold cast iron.
Posted By: kaboku68 Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
nihonto!
Posted By: GaryLL1959 Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22

If it's like the Cub I had, you'll have to have a collection of them to have one that actually works.....
Posted By: JHM Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
Lee Classic Loaders (wack-a-moles)
I have quite a few of them. I’m currently on the hunt for one made in 7mm-08. My most prized one is made in 350 Remington Magnum.
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
Originally Posted by GaryLL1959

If it's like the Cub I had, you'll have to have a collection of them to have one that actually works.....

lol

Glad you said it.

I think I spent more time working on mine than I did mowing,
Posted By: Kodiakisland Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
Last couple of years just fat in my liver. Been fun though. One bottle at a time.
I collect things that I think will come in handy someday. Off the wall stuff that comes out of things like the $2.00 box at auction sales.

Wife thinks I'm crazy for buying some old farmers "junk" but I tell ya what, that junk always gets used for something eventually.
Posted By: srwshooter Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
100 dollar bills
Originally Posted by srwshooter
100 dollar bills

Can you adopt me?
I have a lot of interest but the only thing that I really collect is guns. I like everything from hunting rifles and bird guns, to military pattern rifles, to antiques. At some point I’d like to narrow in on more specific models but I never seem to get their.
Posted By: worriedman Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
Barnacles, at least that is what the wife calls them, skin tags, moles, little nodular growths of all shapes and places...
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by srwshooter
100 dollar bills

Can you adopt me?

What if he has 17 and decided that was enough?
Posted By: bpas105 Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
Headstamps for me, but since we've moved, I've got an organization project to keep me busy the rest of the winter. See you in the man cave...
Posted By: 1OntarioJim Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
Lately it seems to be liquor bottles with 2 or 3 inches of booze in them. Nowadays I seldom drink and what is in the cupboard seems to be looking more and more like a collection.

My s-i-l uses a metal detector and has uncovered a mixed collection of coins, cartridge casings, mixed jewellery, etc. Some of his findings date back into the 1800's. After he finds something he does research on the items and has become quite a fount of knowledge of early happenings in this area over many years. It has given me a much greater appreciation of what these detector users get from their hobby.

Jim
Posted By: Garandimal Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
M1 Rifle En Bloc clips.

Knowin' that the rifles won't run worth a damn w/o'em... is psychologically stressful.

[Linked Image from s30.postimg.cc]

GR
Posted By: blindshooter Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Experiences.

Proxies hold little interest to me, which is why I don't watch professional sports and the like. I am more at home on the field than watching from the stands.

I've told people that all my life.

I'd rather sit with someones old sick people so they can get out. Good stories picked up while helping someone else.

I do like firearms but its not an obsession.
Posted By: OGB Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
Originally Posted by Ptarmigan
I collect enough schit on accident that I don’t have enough room for collecting things on purpose.

This

Oh and ears.....

Don't ask
Posted By: Bluecat1 Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
I have a few small lot collections.
Have a few Zippos, picked up over the years. 2 limited editions from the Pa. Game Commission for the 2001, 1st Elk hunt in Pa. and the 1st Elk Expo. Only 500 ea. were put out. Mine are #378and 173.
When I was stationed at King Salmon, Ak in the 70's, hand blown glass floats from Japanese fishing nets, was a big thing. Myself and 2 other guys chartered a Cherokee 6 to drop us off on the beach below Pilot Point. Was there for 2 days and picked up over 300. Divided up, almost 200 handblown, rest were molded. From what I understand, handblown floats were only used up to 1966, and have the name of the boat and its port pressed into the closed end. I have about 50 but can't read Japanese. 1 has a tack in the glass, guess the person dropped it while molten.
Posted By: Dave_in_WV Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
Dust
Posted By: Salmonella Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
Big Game Trophies and Indian Artifacts.
Posted By: hanco Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
Got a few 99’s, a few 700’s, a few Sako’s

Had a few Kleinguenthers, sold them 2 days ago. I mostly accumulate rifles!
Posted By: 1minute Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
Lately taken to early Africa hunting books like 1800 up to about 1920's, exploration, and survival works from the same interval.
Posted By: brush_buster Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22

Originally Posted by hanco

Say it ain’t so! I was hoping to pick one up for myself.
Posted By: hanco Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
Originally Posted by worriedman
Barnacles, at least that is what the wife calls them, skin tags, moles, little nodular growths of all shapes and places...

Yep, got an appointment to have some froze off!
Posted By: Blackheart Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
Vintage air guns, vintage knives, vintage ammo {full boxes}.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
All manner of wore out stuff.
Posted By: Borchardt Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
N frame Smith & Wessons
I can always use a few more friends.
Posted By: ironbender Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
All manner of wore out stuff.

I’ll be your huckleberry!
Posted By: Godogs57 Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
Besides our chosen sport, I collect ancient artifacts (arrowheads, fossils), Civil War items, autographed memorabilia. Meglalodon teeth. Vintage knives.

Got books signed by Jack O’Connor, Elmer, Muledeer, Boddington, Aagard, et al.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
I collect a few things, too many to put all my attention to one type item.

anyone collect Zippo Items?

I have a few hundred Zippos. My biggest collection item (both in money and size) is vintage stereo gear. Receivers / amps / speakers.

what does the rest of the fire collect? (besides ex wives or girlfriends)

$100 bills........

I have three now.........
Posted By: papat Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
Partial to pre war DA Colt revolvers. Just got a few.
Dust
Posted By: LouisB Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
Reloadable brass and any lead products
Posted By: hillestadj Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
"New York State SNAP and HEAP benefits along with 14.5" inch rims"

Blackheart
Posted By: mirage243 Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
Originally Posted by hillestadj
"New York State SNAP and HEAP benefits along with 14.5" inch rims"

Blackheart

Lmfao
Posted By: Strider1 Re: what do you collect - 01/22/22
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]
Posted By: PintsofCraft Re: what do you collect - 01/23/22
Rental homes - especially duplexes. Boring but true.
Posted By: kingston Re: what do you collect - 01/23/22
Originally Posted by Strider1
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Granny panties. Those were the days.
Posted By: MarkFed Re: what do you collect - 01/23/22
I have a decent collection of each of the following:

- Marlin lever action rifles
- Modern bolt action rifles chambered in 6.5x55
- Rifles chambered in .22LR
- Field/Hunting Shotguns
- S&W revolvers
- Ruger revolvers
- Beretta semi-autos
- Hunting rifles in general
- H&R/NEF single shot shotguns & rifles
- Ammo if all sorts (for shooting purposes not just collecting)
- Reloading components
- Old wood ammo crates
- Tin ammo signs
- Antlers and Taxidermy
- Wildlife art
- Wool clothing
- Hunting apparel
- Quality USA made boots
- Freezers full of meat
- Tobacco smoking pipes
- Pipe tobacco
- Whiskey/Bourbon/Liquor
- Beer
- Knives (Kitchen, EDC, Hunting, Processing)
- Cast iron cookware
- Gas grills, charcoal bbqs, smokers
- Tractors
- Pick up trucks
- Boats and outboard motors
- Fishing rods, reels, tackle
- Fly fishing rods, reels, tackle
- Hand tools, power tools, yard tools
- Firewood (always cutting and splitting)
- Outdoor & firearm books and magazines
- Turkey/Game calls
- Archery equipment (Bows, Traditional, Arrows, Broadheads)
- Chainsaws
- Decks of playing cards
- Pretty much everything that could be considered cool or interesting by someone “like me”

I’m a total “collector” of all things.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: what do you collect - 01/23/22
Originally Posted by MarkFed

- Field/Hunting Shotguns
- S&W revolvers
- Ruger revolvers
- Beretta semi-autos
- Reloading components
- Old wood ammo crates
- Tin ammo signs
- Antlers and Taxidermy
- Wildlife art
- Wool clothing
- Hunting apparel
- Quality USA made boots
- Freezers full of meat
- Tobacco smoking pipes
- Pipe tobacco
- Whiskey/Bourbon/Liquor
- Beer
- Cast iron cookware
- Tractors
- Pick up trucks
- Turkey/Game calls
- Chainsaws
- Decks of playing cards
- Pretty much everything that could be considered cool or interesting by someone “like me”

show off..........
Posted By: MarkFed Re: what do you collect - 01/23/22
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Originally Posted by MarkFed

- Field/Hunting Shotguns
- S&W revolvers
- Ruger revolvers
- Beretta semi-autos
- Reloading components
- Old wood ammo crates
- Tin ammo signs
- Antlers and Taxidermy
- Wildlife art
- Wool clothing
- Hunting apparel
- Quality USA made boots
- Freezers full of meat
- Tobacco smoking pipes
- Pipe tobacco
- Whiskey/Bourbon/Liquor
- Beer
- Cast iron cookware
- Tractors
- Pick up trucks
- Turkey/Game calls
- Chainsaws
- Decks of playing cards

show off..........

Thanks, LOL!

Let me add backyard chickens and mixed breed rescue dogs to the list.
Posted By: MTGunner Re: what do you collect - 01/23/22
Wood and cork working decoys. Obscure cartridges and large, LARGE gauge shells. Have been fortunate to find many first edition hunting books, books about hunting Ovis and Capra. I have a shop full of old tools. Very few firearms as I need only what I use to hunt. We have found and display many nice pieces of hunting art. BTW, I know little of art. I collect what is pleasing to me and my lovely wife. We have 31 taxidermy mounts from our extensive trips.
Having said this I am concerned what will become of these collections upon our demise. Our young grandson, only grandchild, may or may not appreciate our collections. Oh well. I/we have enjoyed them and will continue to do so until we are called. MTG
Posted By: slumlord Re: what do you collect - 01/23/22
Freud (with regards to the psychology of collecting), took the extreme position on the origins of collecting.

Freud postulated that all collecting stems from unresolved toilet training conflict. He took the stance that the loss of bowel control was a traumatic experience, and the product from the bowels was disgusting and frightening to the child.

Therefore, the collector is trying to gain back control of their bowels as well as their "possessions" which were long flushed down the crapper. Where Freud linked object fixation to the anal-retentive stage in childhood.
Posted By: kingston Re: what do you collect - 01/23/22
Originally Posted by slumlord
Freud (with regards to the psychology of collecting), took the extreme position on the origins of collecting.

Freud postulated that all collecting stems from unresolved toilet training conflict. He took the stance that the loss of bowel control was a traumatic experience, and the product from the bowels was disgusting and frightening to the child.

Therefore, the collector is trying to gain back control of their bowels as well as their "possessions" which were long flushed down the crapper. Where Freud linked object fixation to the anal-retentive stage in childhood.

Chronic diarrhea leads to hoarding.

This explains everything.
Posted By: 1minute Re: what do you collect - 01/23/22
Chronic diarrhea leads to hoarding.
Toilet paper?
Posted By: AZmark Re: what do you collect - 01/23/22
Originally Posted by OGB
Originally Posted by Ptarmigan

This

Oh and ears.....

Don't ask

Friend of mine had a collection of ears. And that's all I'll say about that.
I think I have EXOCRINE PANCREATIC INSUFFICIENCY (EPI)
Doesnt sitka deer collect bear dicks?
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: what do you collect - 01/23/22
Good memories!
Posted By: 99in22_250 Re: what do you collect - 01/23/22
Savage 99s, deer and moose antlers, and bean pots.

RP
Posted By: Dukester Re: what do you collect - 01/23/22
I collect coins, movies, commemorative soft drink bottles and cars but also have several other interests, like guns, that I dabble in. I don't know that saying I have about 16 or 17 guns would be considered a collection...at least not here. Home theatre is a huge interest for me and i spend a lot of money on it but can't consider it a collection.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: what do you collect - 01/23/22
I don’t collect anything. I think it’s the most bizarre behavior.
My in laws collected Salt and pepper shakers amassing a collection of well over 10,000 sets. They had an entire room of their house set up to display them. Spent countless weekends and probably $100k in their pursuit.
They’re in card board boxes taking up an 8’x8’ section of my unfinished basement for almost 3 years now. Stupid fugkers.
Posted By: Salty303 Re: what do you collect - 01/23/22
I collect a welfare check
Posted By: Remington6MM Re: what do you collect - 01/23/22
Dust
Posted By: Mr_Harry Re: what do you collect - 01/23/22
Originally Posted by slumlord
I think I have EXOCRINE PANCREATIC INSUFFICIENCY (EPI)

Greasy stools? Lay off the ribeye. And arrowhead collecting.
Posted By: Mr_Harry Re: what do you collect - 01/23/22
I collect vintage trolling spoons. Primarily Suttons.
Posted By: 19352012 Re: what do you collect - 01/23/22
Originally Posted by Salty303

Its ok because it's Canada but, since it's on point ..
I collect Iron wood sculptures. I also collect canes and old coins. I used to have an antique booth and that's when I got in the canes and iron wood. But my dad and I started collecting old coins when i was a kid. I have a pretty good collection now.
Posted By: hanco Re: what do you collect - 01/23/22
Originally Posted by Salty303

Me too, teachers retirement, SS, union pension, I’m freeloader now. Got a letter from SS today, telling how much they are cutting my SS. I knew it was coming.
Posted By: nathanial Re: what do you collect - 01/23/22
Broomhandle Mauser’s and WW1 & WW2 American/German Militaria.
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
Deer antlers. I saw the skull and skin it off . Let them dry and end up hanging them in the attic where nobody ever sees them. My wife wants me to get rid of them and she has never even been in the attic. Don't know why I save them all but I do.

Originally Posted by brush_buster

Say it ain’t so! I was hoping to pick one up for myself.

Guy bought them all, cash money.

I have a Bunch of deer antlers too
Posted By: EdM Re: what do you collect - 01/23/22
A pretty healthy stack of primers and powder, and a pretty healthy pension.
Posted By: kennymauser Re: what do you collect - 01/23/22

[Linked Image from ]

Originally Posted by gunzo
I do have a craving for the front & center black one.

But in reality, any info on the the black Silverado in the background? Could it be for sale?

That's funny, I saw the Silverado before I finished looking at the cars!
Posted By: ShaunRyan Re: what do you collect - 01/23/22
Food, water, and ammunition?

My biggest collection item (both in money and size) is vintage stereo gear. Receivers / amps / speakers.

Cool. I just picked up my Onkyo Integra A-8076 from the shop. Going to fire it up tonight and watch The Last Waltz. Also have a Hitachi SR-84, some vintage Klipsch, 2 pairs of Scott S-15.

Posted By: strikeu Re: what do you collect - 01/23/22
Originally Posted by ShaunRyan

My biggest collection item (both in money and size) is vintage stereo gear. Receivers / amps / speakers.

Cool. I just picked up my Onkyo Integra A-8076 from the shop. Going to fire it up tonight and watch The Last Waltz. Also have a Hitachi SR-84, some vintage Klipsch, 2 pairs of Scott S-15.

That Hitachi is pretty cool.

what Klipsch you got? My most power is a Marantz 2330, several couple of mid power Sansui 7070 and Six. today actually just received a Concept 7.5D, sort of a cult following that Concept line. My speakers run the gamut from couple sets of Pioneer CS-99A and 88A to the higher power set of Sansui SP-X9700, some Paradigm and DCM timeframes. pair of energy C-4 (see my dick comment below applies to me here) . I've probably ruined more speakers than I've owned.

I'll be a dick for a second, LOL. anything black plastic from the 90's ain't vintage. although I DO have some pioneer Elite stuff I don't admit it often.
Posted By: ROMAC Re: what do you collect - 01/23/22
Fox and LC Smith shotguns, Savage 1899/99's and cannons.
Originally Posted by EdM

I’d hate to be trying to make it on Social Security
Posted By: paguy Re: what do you collect - 01/23/22
Originally Posted by Mr_Harry
I collect vintage trolling spoons. Primarily Suttons.

I also collect old trolling spoons, Only mine are northwest salmon spoons from Washington Oregon and BC. Have hundreds of the things.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: what do you collect - 01/24/22
Odd bits of this and that. Some items have a memory attached, some just caught my eye. Possibly the neatest are a pair of Spanish dollars my wife gave me, an 1800 and an 1806. The 1800 has chop marks made by Chinese merchants to show they’ve been weighed and worth the full amount (not trimmed).

I also have a few ceramic-top German beer bottles that came to me full as rewards for watching my neighbors’ dog. The wife is a flight attendant and picked them up on her trips.

My lone insulator is one I picked up in a little creek, Patent Date 1870.

Have two cigarette tins, one for Player’s and one Panter, both with tax stamps. Bought those because they looked neat.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: what do you collect - 01/24/22
Originally Posted by EdM

I’d hate to be trying to make it on Social Security

Boy Howdy!
Posted By: rainierrifleco Re: what do you collect - 01/24/22
Mostly guns and reloading stuff
Some fishing gear
Posted By: Swamplord Re: what do you collect - 01/24/22
I collect moose racks ...

there are strict rules to follow !

I personally have to kill the moose
Must be a solo DIY hunt
Must be a different bullet every time
Must be my handloads, never factory ammo
Must be in late Sept for top quality rack

here's a few of the 35 (36 ?) or so I have in my collection so far

....[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Posted By: cotis Re: what do you collect - 01/24/22
Old Porsches among other stuff.
[Linked Image from ]

Winner...
Originally Posted by Garandimal
M1 Rifle En Bloc clips.

Knowin' that the rifles won't run worth a damn w/o'em... is psychologically stressful.

[Linked Image from s30.postimg.cc]

GR

Are you one of those people that try to collect EVERY known maker of these clips? I saw that there is a Facebook group for these people, I had to join it just to see what it was about. People post about finding a "SA3" stamped piece of metal that looks EACTLY like every other 200 variations of the [bleep] things to me. All I think is "it's a 5 cent piece of stamped sheet metal, sho gives a sheit what it mat or may say in some initials on the back of it?". I get that you need them, I have plenty, but geez....
My FIL collected OLD Lionel train stuff, like really old. Was one of the top 5 or 10 collectors in the country back in the 70s thru 90s. Sent several children through college on the profits. It is all gone now.
Posted By: mirage243 Re: what do you collect - 01/24/22
Originally Posted by Swamplord

Must be a solo DIY hunt

That's BAD ASS.
Posted By: 06hunter59 Re: what do you collect - 01/24/22
Originally Posted by mirage243

Must be a solo DIY hunt

That's BAD ASS.

Yup. I agree!
Posted By: ShaunRyan Re: what do you collect - 01/24/22

what Klipsch you got? My most power is a Marantz 2330, several couple of mid power Sansui 7070 and Six. today actually just received a Concept 7.5D, sort of a cult following that Concept line. My speakers run the gamut from couple sets of Pioneer CS-99A and 88A to the higher power set of Sansui SP-X9700, some Paradigm and DCM timeframes. pair of energy C-4 (see my dick comment below applies to me here) . I've probably ruined more speakers than I've owned.

I'll be a dick for a second, LOL. anything black plastic from the 90's ain't vintage. although I DO have some pioneer Elite stuff I don't admit it often.

Klipsch are KG 3.5 w/ upgraded crossover caps and Crites titanium tweeter diaphragms. I refinished the cabinets too. The Hitachi is the SR-804. The Onkyo A-8067 is from the mid '80s, the last of their good stuff. Black but not plastic, high current, solid amp. Conservatively rated at 80W RMS. I bought it with the matching tuner from the original owner a few years ago. This was it's first service in over 35 years.

A-8067 Review

With both channels driving 8-ohm loads at 1,000 Hz, the output clipped at 98 watts for a clipping headroom of 0.88 dB. With 4-ohm loads, the output at clipping was 144 watts per channel, and with 2-ohm loads it was an impressive 200 watts per channel.
Posted By: skeen Re: what do you collect - 01/24/22

Must be a solo DIY hunt

Nice!
Posted By: PINEKNOT Re: what do you collect - 01/24/22
Turkey calls
Posted By: Burleyboy Re: what do you collect - 01/24/22

Must be a solo DIY hunt

Winner! This tops the cars and I really like cars.

Bb
Posted By: hanco Re: what do you collect - 01/24/22
I collected girlfriends when I was single, that was fun, but hard work. I wore myself down a couple of times. This right after Urban Cowboy came out. There must have been 50 dancehalls in Houston for a few years. If you could dance and weren’t fat, you had to beat them off with a stick. This was before the Aids BS came out. I got tired of it after a while, didn’t drink, but that crap is hard on a person, not enough sleep.
Posted By: Henryseale Re: what do you collect - 01/24/22
I used to be an avid collector of Confederate currency and bonds. I had unexpected spinal issues back in 2004 that dramatically changed the direction of my life. I decided to part with the vast majority of my collection a couple of years afterwards. You do what 'ya gotta' do and I made a decent profit from it. For the last 30 or so years I buy a sheet of whatever new or commemorative stamps the post office comes out with and set them aside. They will never be worth more than face value probably in my lifetime, but they may be something my grandchildren will someday value. My wife has a rather extensive collection of a china pattern that I have helped her accumulate over the years. At one time I started gathering a collection of sterling silverware of a particular long discontinued pattern that my departed parents had during my childhood. I once had grand visions of large family gatherings at Thanksgiving and Christmas where I would break out the collectable china and real silverware at my country estate. Oh well, so much for that idea. I've thought about selling the silver, but haven't had the heart to do so. I don't need to sell it, I just don't see much need to keep it anymore. Let the heirs fight over it. I started to collect/refurbish Coleman lanterns and stoves several years ago, but gave it up after maybe two years or so. I just lost interest in it. Still have about a dozen. I guess the oddest thing I collect is key chains/fobs. I really don't know why, I just do. I have a drawer that whenever I come across something different: advertisement, style, gadget, etc., key chain I'll throw it in that one key chain drawer. Just something else for my wife to throw away after I'm gone. I have a few WW I & WW II military rifles and pistols in storage. I probably really ought to sell them as I never take them out to shoot anymore. I don't even get them out to fondle anymore. I still am an active shooter, just not them. I suppose you could also say I am a collector of history books, particularly WBTS history. I really don't know how many I have, but I would say at least a couple of hundred. I have told my wife what privately owned/managed library I want them donated to when the time comes. I do not want them in some damned flea market. Oh, yeah. I guess you could say I'm kinda' a collector of iron cookware as well. I don't have anything much that are of collectable value as such, but I do have an overly extensive amount of various skillets, pots, dutch ovens, bread pans, and various accessories. I'm a sucker for a good piece of cooking iron. Something for the heirs to haggle over, I suppose. I collect coins as well. Nothing of much value, really. I keep a few collections books around and fill them from time to time from pocket change. Sometimes when I get real bored I will go to the bank and get rolls of coins to go through to fill the collection books. While they have little value now over face value, coins now minted in the 1950s will be 125 years old when my grandson matures. Maybe they will be worth something then? Doesn't cost me much to set them aside for him. I guess that's about it. My wife thinks I am somewhat of a hoarder. She is probably right, but I won't admit it to her.
Posted By: mrfudd Re: what do you collect - 01/24/22

I have a set of Klipsch Chorus IIs and a Dbx amp & control amp that I bought at the stereo store at Mainz Kastell in about 1991. I need to see if the amps are still good & get some new gear to allow streaming.
Posted By: hanco Re: what do you collect - 01/24/22
I collected old license plates at one time, got tired of them, gave them away. I have some old glass too.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: killerv Re: what do you collect - 01/24/22
Originally Posted by MTGunner
Wood and cork working decoys. Obscure cartridges and large, LARGE gauge shells. Have been fortunate to find many first edition hunting books, books about hunting Ovis and Capra. I have a shop full of old tools. Very few firearms as I need only what I use to hunt. We have found and display many nice pieces of hunting art. BTW, I know little of art. I collect what is pleasing to me and my lovely wife. We have 31 taxidermy mounts from our extensive trips.
Having said this I am concerned what will become of these collections upon our demise. Our young grandson, only grandchild, may or may not appreciate our collections. Oh well. I/we have enjoyed them and will continue to do so until we are called. MTG

Any decoys from contemporary carvers? If so who might you have? I carve myself but have been working on building my collection of other carvers.
Posted By: bearhuntr Re: what do you collect - 01/24/22
Atomic #'s 47 aand 79
Posted By: Raeford Re: what do you collect - 01/24/22
Seems like I collect Mason and Ball jars lately.......
Posted By: VernAK Re: what do you collect - 01/24/22
HBC memorabilia......Hudson Bay Stores always fascinated me as I traveled in the North.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: what do you collect - 01/24/22
We have several blanket's, and a rye whisky bottle, and my wife has a wool parka.
Rose Hazel dishes. [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
And Clocks, many clocks.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: Clarkm Re: what do you collect - 01/24/22
I collect guns and knives, but people are shocked by how many drills I have... that is not a collection. I need that many drills.
© 24hourcampfire