Home
Anyone ever taken stuff to a gun show and bought a table?

I have a bunch of random reloading and shooting stuff I want to get rid of. I do not want to make 30 trips to the post office to sell it here. Looking for input on how to get rid of it. I thought taking it to a gun show, etc.

Thanks.
$5 through my club. Others may vary. You may also want to see if you have any flea markets in your area as well. A buddy and I have done very well at those and local gun shows. Tables are usually very cheap. You'll be amazed at how much you can get rid of, if you have it priced right. Right now is the time to be selling too..
Usually $65 and up for a larger show with 8ft tables.
Originally Posted by MARCEL

That's a fn rip off..
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

That's a fn rip off..

I have a trade show we’re attending. Our 10’x10’ booth cost $2750. $65 seems pretty cheap, esp if it’s a multi-day show

That's a fn rip off..

Agreed but I usually find something to justify it
I have not sold at one in almost 10 years, and a single 8' table was $110 then. Often, plus a temporary city sales license. Some states also demanded sales taxes even for private sales.

If you think that's a ripoff, I suggest you go into the gun show business. Rent a large hall, several hundred tables and twice as many chairs, pay your staff's wages and hotel bills, pay for sky high liability insurance, and extensive advertising of the event. Then see how far $5 a table goes.
Here in s.w. Idaho it is $65.00 per 8 ft. table, or it was last April when Caribou Jack and I had a couple tables at the Nampa show.

L.W.
$50 here.
Thanks, I need to find a listing of some that are somewhat local. I live in rural area, so not a lot of action. I inherited a bunch of random shooting and reloading stuff that is taking up room in my garage. Random brass, tools, scales, brass shotgun hulls...jut a bunch of stuff I will not use.
Posted By: WMR Re: What does gun show table cost? - 01/23/22
Usually $30 to $50 for one day here in MI. I just did one a few weeks ago and sold a bunch of stuff. Buds and I do one or two a year. Price good stuff fairly and it sells. Take junk or price stuff too high and you’ll keep it. Sometimes items are just too specialized for the local market and are better sold online. I think gun shows are a hoot and invariably find some treasure there. Try to have a partner so you’ll have time to shop or go to the bathroom.

Edit: Another possibility is to sell here with the stated understanding that you’ll ship items twice a week. That would minimize your trips to the PO, and should be fine with most buyers. Gun shows are still more fun.

That's a fn rip off..

I can remember when they were $2
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
Here in s.w. Idaho it is $65.00 per 8 ft. table, or it was last April when Caribou Jack and I had a couple tables at the Nampa show.

L.W.

Lewis and Clark Trader is probably turning a nice profit in Nampa considering the numbers that attend that show at $10 each to walk in the door
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I have not sold at one in almost 10 years, and a single 8' table was $110 then. Often, plus a temporary city sales license. Some states also demanded sales taxes even for private sales.

If you think that's a ripoff, I suggest you go into the gun show business. Rent a large hall, several hundred tables and twice as many chairs, pay your staff's wages and hotel bills, pay for sky high liability insurance, and extensive advertising of the event. Then see how far $5 a table goes.

And don't forget food costs. $110.00 is the buy in here.
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Thanks, I need to find a listing of some that are somewhat local. I live in rural area, so not a lot of action. I inherited a bunch of random shooting and reloading stuff that is taking up room in my garage. Random brass, tools, scales, brass shotgun hulls...jut a bunch of stuff I will not use.

You might be surprised at the money odds and ends of reloading equipment will bring.
Cost has increased. Big shows like FtWorth Will Rogers and Dallas Market Hall I were $70/each table last time I worked one and that was a few years ago.
I set-up with a buddy every week at a local swap meet, tables there are BYO as many as you need, you pay $10.for your space. Gunshows in my area charge from $45. - $100. per table, as you can imagine we do more $45. per table shows than $100. per table shows. The small weekly swap meets @ $10. space are the most cost effective, we sell lots of items like those the OP mentions. Flyers at local gun clubs and shooting ranges are free means of selling, usually meet buyers at McDonald's or similar locations to deliver purchases.
Just have a yard sale. It's free, works great.
$60 here, and the covid is free, if you don't count the two months lost work.

L.W.

They are up to $80 now and $10 to get in. Probably had less than 100 tables at the last show, which is pretty bad for the prices, and they advertise they have 400 tables, which they haven't in a while.
Used to do it years ago hated it had a couple of mint in boxes Ruger Super and reg Bearcat when show was done boxes were trashed. No respect for good stuff . easier to run an add pre-internet days.
50 to 75ish around here depending on how big the show is.
Extra for electricity 25 to 35
So worth it
Me and a couple of buddies have 3 tables at a large show, in April 35.00 a table for sat 55.00 for the weekend, we are just doing sat.
I have always been curious about that. Thanks for the thread
Dogcatcher223: Nowadays $50.00 to $75.00!
I remember complaining to my local gunshow when they went up from $4.00 to $5.00 (circa 1968)!
Good luck trying to find a gunshow table for $5.00 these days!
Sheesh.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
One thing higher prices has done is eliminate the tables of beanie babies , cheap jewelry, Pakistani knives and other assorted junk that never belonged at a gunshow !.
Originally Posted by gunswizard
One thing higher prices has done is eliminate the tables of beanie babies , cheap jewelry, Pakistani knives and other assorted junk that never belonged at a gunshow !.

What about the jerky vendors?

Sheesh!
Jerky is survival food for gunshow vendors, NOT considered junk. A gunshow wouldn't be a gunshow without jerky !
I don't know as the gun shows I've been going to sell a lot of guns, ammo, and related stuff. Sometimes I see the booths that have jerkey, or jewelry. But I've never seen a table for sale there. I think I would just go to walmart to buy a table.
Real question is how much does the loophole cost?
1. Rent table at gun show.

2. Sell Beef Jerky

3. Profit!
Originally Posted by Cariboujack

L.W.

They are up to $80 now and $10 to get in. Probably had less than 100 tables at the last show, which is pretty bad for the prices, and they advertise they have 400 tables, which they haven't in a while.

Doesn't surprise me. Inflation hits the Lewis Clark Traders too, huh? Wonder if the April show will be any better than the one you just attended?

L.W.
$20
© 24hourcampfire